Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Who Is Fadhllah?

Rate this topic

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's quite pathetic that a person can't ask a simple question on this forum without it turning into some sort of a mini riot. To the OP, kindly refer to the official website of the late Sayyed Fadhlal

Many people disagree with lots of Maraji' . Whats important is that to keep respecting them all.

Salaam everyone brothers and sisters Inshallah everyone is in good health, I just want everyone to watch this video where the Sayad (qas) talks about Al Zahraa (a.s) and her infallibility, because I p

They took down FadhlAllah (not even deserving of such a name) in 1998. It`s funny that people on an internet forum are trying to revive his deviant beliefs.

I dont agree with Sayed Fadlallah on lots of issues. But to say he doesnt deserve the name etc.. Who are you exactly to talk? Are you a Alim? Mujtahid? Atleast he had knowledge more than you do.

Atleast Sayid Fadlallah lived and worked for the Islamic community, lived between his people, and raised his voice against occupations and called to fight them. Because Islam isnt just jurisrudence.

• Advanced Member

Salaam everyone brothers and sisters Inshallah everyone is in good health,

I just want everyone to watch this video where the Sayad (qas) talks about Al Zahraa (a.s) and her infallibility, because I personally do not see where and in what way he has attacked our holy lady Al Zahraa (a.s) may my life and my family be for her and family.

And also this is about Imami Ali Aboul Hasan (a.s):

• Advanced Member

I dont agree with Sayed Fadlallah on lots of issues. But to say he doesnt deserve the name etc.. Who are you exactly to talk? Are you a Alim? Mujtahid? Atleast he had knowledge more than you do.

Atleast Sayid Fadlallah lived and worked for the Islamic community, lived between his people, and raised his voice against occupations and called to fight them. Because Islam isnt just jurisrudence.

Please say this to all the Mujtahideen that went harshly against him. I'm no one to talk, I'm talking the Scholar's opinion.

Saddam also did lots of charity work for the Palestinians, doesn't make him any better as a person.

Salaam everyone brothers and sisters Inshallah everyone is in good health,

I just want everyone to watch this video where the Sayad (qas) talks about Al Zahraa (a.s) and her infallibility, because I personally do not see where and in what way he has attacked our holy lady Al Zahraa (a.s) may my life and my family be for her and family.

And also this is about Imami Ali Aboul Hasan (a.s):

Why don't you post the video where he calls Imam Ali (as) a coward for not defending Fatima al-Zahra (as) ?

Edited by Al-Afasy
  • Veteran Member

Please say this to all the Mujtahideen that went harshly against him. I'm no one to talk, I'm talking the Scholar's opinion.

Saddam also did lots of charity work for the Palestinians, doesn't make him any better as a person.

Why don't you post the video where he calls Imam Ali (as) a coward for not defending Fatima al-Zahra (as) ?

Wait what... Evidence?

Better yet, why don't you before making such serious accusations?

• Advanced Member

Dear Moderators,

The original question has been answered.

This thread has now lost its purpose and is now being used to attack a dead scholar who cannot defend himself.

Kindly CLOSE this thread.

Thanks.

Never knew FadhlAllah had an account when he was alive to defend himself either.

• Advanced Member

(and Kismet 110 stop misguiding people on this board and keep a 1000 ft away from me).

I knew you were arrogant but to think your words have so much value you require a 1000 feet virtual restraining order? Get over yourself.

Who was Fadlallah? He was somebody.

Who is this guy?

Nobody.

And who, by the way, are you? Also a 'nobody' so, unless you have something constructive to say, maybe just butt out?

People like you two are the most pathetic, insecure kind of posters on the internet. So brainwashed into thinking ANYONE wearing a cloak and turban is a demi-God beyond reproach it's honestly saddening.

This is what I wrote at the end:

Read, research then make your own mind up but don't be swayed by staunch supporters of his or me.

It's called a discussion forum for a reason. If you want the Cleric Worshippers Collective try next door.

ALI

Edited by Kismet110
  • Advanced Member

Better yet you show me this video where he called Imam Ali a coward for not defending Fatima A.S , not once did I see a video like it so share with us if you do not mind.

• Advanced Member

Reading the above has mad me very mad, like fuming angry. Could you by any chance back it up with some evidence?

First when a Mujtahid or Marja says something, he is saying it. You are a member on ShiaChat, you havent reach to their level for you to say. Second, alot of Maraji' have problems with each other. I can go ahead and start with a list and what many accuse each other of doing.

Second, you cant be comparing Saddam Hussein to Sayed Fadlallah, AND its not about doing the charity work, its being supportive truly to the cause and showing it.

Third, he didnt call Imam Ali (as) a coward. Atleast when you want to argue with Sayed Fadlallahs beliefs, argue with what he actually says, not things that dont exist. You are losing your honesty in such arguments pal.

• Advanced Member

Please provide proof of this ridiculous accusation. Surely you know that you will be held accountable for any lies you spread about people on the day of judgement?

• Advanced Member

Calm your horses, people have better things to do than to debate over a deviant who was destroyed '98.

3:05 where he starts calling Imam Ali (as) a coward. And please don't say he's only questioning the incident when all the Shi'a in the past 1000 years knew why Imam Ali (as) wasn't there to defend her (as).

He repeats about Imam Ali (as) being a coward according to some no-body at 6:15 as well.

4:27 he starts mocking RasulAllah (saww)

For anyone who says he only says the incident is "unlikely", that's a pure lie. He's explicitly denying it in this video.

My last response in this thread as this has been said since '98. It's nothing new.

Edited by Al-Afasy
  • Advanced Member

First of all do you understand Arabic good or even Lebanese by that because I'm Lebanese I do not see where he says he is a coward I have watched this over 6 times and no where I see anything you have said. Maybe your acting like a coward for attacking a dead alim it shows that you have akhla2 of ahlul bayt because they used to attack alims and disrespect dead people? No ahlul bayt had respect for everyone enemy and friend, at least the sayyad doesnt do as mujtaba sharizi does and cusses ppl out or mentions ibn muljims behind the sayyad had respect and didnt lower himself to cussing and talking about bad sexual stuff. I have nothing agaisnt sayyad sadiq or al marhum muhamad sharizi but they have people ulema who are worse then sayyad fadlallah

• Advanced Member

Bravo.

I'm not going to insult you back especially when you have no clue what the video is even saying.

Smart one there.

'

My, you do have some nerve, don't you?

I've seen it before and it's subtitled. You are flat out lying about the contents. Unambiguously flat out lying.

My Arabic can use a lot of work, but one word I do know: kathab .

You seem to fit the bill quite well.

Edited by kadhim
  • Advanced Member

. I have nothing agaisnt sayyad sadiq or al marhum muhamad sharizi but they have people ulema who are worse then sayyad fadlallah

Salam brother, Syed Sadiq or his late brother doesn't say anything for which other maraaji should start signing fatwas. As for some of their follower ulema? They are not responsible for them, neither they spoon feed them.

• Advanced Member

First of all do you understand Arabic good or even Lebanese by that because I'm Lebanese I do not see where he says he is a coward I have watched this over 6 times and no where I see anything you have said. Maybe your acting like a coward for attacking a dead alim it shows that you have akhla2 of ahlul bayt because they used to attack alims and disrespect dead people? No ahlul bayt had respect for everyone enemy and friend, at least the sayyad doesnt do as mujtaba sharizi does and cusses ppl out or mentions ibn muljims behind the sayyad had respect and didnt lower himself to cussing and talking about bad sexual stuff. I have nothing agaisnt sayyad sadiq or al marhum muhamad sharizi but they have people ulema who are worse then sayyad fadlallah

This has nothing to do with Syed Shirazi, stop avoiding the question. Playing soft music and having flowers in the background doesn't really help lol.

The word Jabaan means coward in arabic, and I know the Lebanese do say it forsure.

The Ahlul-Bayt (as) have ordered to insult Ahlul-Bid'ah anyways (and yes, this hadith was used against Fadhlallah as well).

The Messenger of Allah (Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáã) said: “When you will find people of bid`ah (innovation) and doubt/suspicion after me, do baraa’ (disassociation) from them and increase in your insults (sabihim) to them, and oppose (them) and bring evidences against them so they may not become greedy in bringing fasaad (corruption) to Islam. You must warn people against them and do not learn their bid`ah (innovation). Allah will write for you hasanaat (good deeds) for this, and will raise you darajaat (levels) in the next life.’”

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2010/12/exposing-bidah-reward-for-doing-so.html

'

My, you do have some nerve, don't you?

I've seen it before and it's subtitled. You are flat out lying about the contents. Unambiguously flat out lying.

My Arabic can use a lot of work, but one word I do know: kathab .

You seem to fit the bill quite well.

MashaAllah, may Allah (swt) help you in your efforts to learn arabic.

• Advanced Member

brother I did not mention their names in disrespect, I respect them both if you read what I have said, but alot of their supposedly lovers and followers esp. mujtuba shirizi is who am talking about, trust me am not like others who disrespect ulema esp dead ones rahmat Allah on them.

It has a lot to do with the sharizis trust me people like you who like to label people as you wish weather they are muslim or kufir just as you please and you hear one word and you twist it around to your pleasing I do not have la soft music wa la flowers stop acting as if you are so learned in life and you can think you can be little people just by saying such low comments. You need to hear it good with a clean heart and open mind not your closed mind and black heart it makes a difference and you shall find your answer anyone can take his word and turn it to mean that Imam Ali is really a coward but he is just asking and saying to people who do not have an answer to why Imam Ali would not defend Al Zahraa is he a coward or no and if you listen closely he says that no he is not a coward Imam Ali will not just sit and see his wife get hurt. listen to it all before you make your own accusations. He says there is no way that Imam Ali will sit like a coward and let Al Zahraa bint Rasoulallah get hurt.

Edited by imamihussein2011
  • Advanced Member

brother I did not mention their names in disrespect, I respect them both if you read what I have said, but alot of their supposedly lovers and followers esp. mujtuba shirizi is who am talking about, trust me am not like others who disrespect ulema esp dead ones rahmat Allah on them.

It has a lot to do with the sharizis trust me people like you who like to label people as you wish weather they are muslim or kufir just as you please and you hear one word and you twist it around to your pleasing I do not have la soft music wa la flowers stop acting as if you are so learned in life and you can think you can be little people just by saying such low comments. You need to hear it good with a clean heart and open mind not your closed mind and black heart it makes a difference and you shall find your answer anyone can take his word and turn it to mean that Imam Ali is really a coward but he is just asking and saying to people who do not have an answer to why Imam Ali would not defend Al Zahraa is he a coward or no and if you listen closely he says that no he is not a coward Imam Ali will not just sit and see his wife get hurt. listen to it all before you make your own accusations. He says there is no way that Imam Ali will sit like a coward and let Al Zahraa bint Rasoulallah get hurt.

So Aimma(as) who told us that it did happen, and ulema who believe this incident unanimously, were calling him coward(nauzbillah).?

Imam Zain ul Abideen(as) also watched the humiliation of His family's women, so was He coward(nauzbillah).? Now you would say He was imprisoned, still He could invoke wrath of Allah for those who snatched veils. He was at least better than camel of Saleh(as), when Allah could send azaab for camel, then surely for His sake too.

Syeda Zahra(as)'s veil wasn't snatched. So you would keep denying every tragedy of Ahlebait(as) because it doesn't fit some alim's conception? How did Mohsin(as) get killed? Even sunnis believe in his existence, what happened to Him? Why Syeda(as) said ''the tragedies which fell upon me, if would have fallen upon day it would have turned into dark night''.

Was it merely fadak She was crying for? It was that humiliation, and Imam(as) didn't sit quietly , He beaten up umar but then remembered the words of Rasool Allah(saww), and left him.

This incident is truth, so anyone who will suppose that it was cowardice to not to prevent this incident, is equal to implying he is accusing him of that.

• Advanced Member

well some people say sayada zeinabs veil wasnt snatched either some people say imam hussein didnt have water for 10 days or it was only for 3 days different opinions here does that mean who ever believes that they were without water for 10 days is more mumin then the person who says they were without water for 3 days only. Allah swt gave us a mind to think with, loving ahlul bayt salaam Allah on them is not only crying for them and wallah saying this and this happened to them, loving them is doing what they have repeated from Allah swt like praying following laws of islam doing whats halal not haram reading quran and following what quran says not just sit there and say Allah yalain fulan ibn fulan who said this and that. Sayyad fadlallah has said and said about Al Zahraa's madlouma a lot of times if he once questioned such matter or did a research on it doesnt mean he has denyed it or he kafir because if this matter makes you a kafir then I think from what I see here most shias are kufir.

This is a video where he was asked before he died, that if he does die and he sees Al Zahraa what will he say to her, please watch and tell me that you still think that a guy like this can really attack Al Zahraa and hate her.

• Advanced Member

Brother in the end I wished to say and this was my intention is that the Sayyad was an Alim, who had his own thinking and right to say whatever, there should be respect for ulema who have studied and have done good for islam whether through charity preaching or what ever. No one should mention their name in such ways no matter what Alim it was. Allah swt knows more about ourselves then us and He only swt can judge everyone not some people who sit there labeling this and this I know am not some Alim just some pity slave of Allah but I know that its wajib from Allah to respect learned ulema. This is going to be my last post on this issue I do not want to be one of those who keep arguing lol so to all my brothers forgive me if somehow I have caused any trouble, may Allah swt forgive us all and guide us.

Wa salaam

• Advanced Member

Those who say Syeda Zainab(as)'s veil wasn't snatched should read Her sermons.Ziarat e Nahiya, and how Imam Sajjad(as) kept wailing on it for years. It seems it has become fashion to deny their tragedies one by one, and say we still love them. It hurts them, and weaken their cause to start an effort to eliminate their tragedies one by one. Everything can be attacked, and still Shias will say we love them. Halal/haram was saved because they gave those sacrifices. Denial of those, is denial of every other thing they saved.

Yes there can be minor differences, like water was blocked on first or seventh, but to reject the proved and established incidents is a sinister effort. The things which were nowhere denied, proved from authentic narrations. And someone come and start questioning it, one day someone will question Karbala, and you'll remain complacent.

Edited by Kaniz e Zahra
  • Advanced Member

are you suggesting by any chance that I will deny karbala or what ever happened.

listen how about this take me for how stupid I am, tell me something so my love for ahlul bayt is nothing right now my salaat sawm everything is going for nothing just because maybe just maybe I just question or ask ino how this incident can happen?

• Advanced Member

When first brick towards Karbala, the murder of Imam(as)'s Mother can be questioned, then someone can question it too.

I am not implying anything on you, but just manifesting to you, what such denial can mean, and leads to.

So all Sayyid FadhlAllah did was question the incident?

Not only that, he endorsed the sunni narration that was nowhere in our sources that Imam Hussain(as) participated in war from usman's side (nauzbillah), thus legitimizing his rulership too. He said Ya Ali(as) madad is not allowed. He endorsed one more fake hadees to Imam,that abu bakr is twice my father(nauzbillah), tried to make every effort to vindicate the culprits. He said Ibrahim(as)'s father was infidel, tried to weaken our defense for hazrat Abu Talib(as). There are many other things, read old threads, many responsible brothers have posted these things.

You know maraaji disagree among themselves on many issues, sometimes give harsh statements too, but don't issue decrees on each other, he must have done heinous things so they were forced to sign fatwa against him.

Edited by Kaniz e Zahra
  • Advanced Member

but the Hadith about Imam Jafar saying abu bakr is his father twice wasnt mostly from him other shia say that I have read this on so many shia sites and theres another one where they asked the imam about abu bakr the imam says how can a person talk about his grandfather or father., and your going to tell me that Imam Ali did not bring water to uthman or put his sons to protect him during the siege? does this mean the Imam admitted to uthman.

And just a helpful tip sister I still did not mention anything about me denying the incident nor accepting it, I will not mention it because thats btwn me and Allah. And be rest assured I question the smaller details of karbalaa nothing major for I know Imam Husayn was killed madloum, just wanted to clear things up before I am accused of denying Imam husayns rights.

• Advanced Member

but the Hadith about Imam Jafar saying abu bakr is his father twice wasnt mostly from him other shia say that I have read this on so many shia sites and theres another one where they asked the imam about abu bakr the imam says how can a person talk about his grandfather or father., and your going to tell me that Imam Ali did not bring water to uthman or put his sons to protect him during the siege? does this mean the Imam admitted to uthman.

And just a helpful tip sister I still did not mention anything about me denying the incident nor accepting it, I will not mention it because thats btwn me and Allah. And be rest assured I question the smaller details of karbalaa nothing major for I know Imam Husayn was killed madloum, just wanted to clear things up before I am accused of denying Imam husayns rights.

So you believe Imam(as) said that about abubakr nauzbillah.? Even if its in Shia books, it can't be true. In this way almost every Imam(as)'s mother belong to non Muslim families, so by default they were their grandparents so they shouldn't say anything against Christians, or Zoroasterians?

He send Imams(as) to protect not to fight for him in wars. They could protect even infidels if they need them, but won;t fight under their lead, But it seems people can go to any extent for their scholars.

Again the same thing even i didn't mention or assumed what you believe or not. I am merely discussing him.

It seems hatred has temporarily blinded you akhi, as when he said the comment about Imam Ali (as) he was saying it as a question, not making a statement. If you've listened to Lebanese people speak Arabic you'll know that that change in tone implies a (usually sarcastic) question, rather than a statement. I hope that you made this mistake unintentionally akhi.

So you believe Imam(as) said that about abubakr nauzbillah.? Even if its in Shia books, it can't be true. In this way almost every Imam(as)'s mother belong to non Muslim families, so by default they were their grandparents so they shouldn't say anything against Christians, or Zoroasterians?

Bro / sis, based on my knowledge it is proven that the lineage of Imam al-Sadiq (as) returns to Abu Bakr at one point, so you can't just reject this narration based on your hatred for the man. it doesn't seem right to condemn the Sayyed for merely questioning a narration or stating one that you disagree with that is agreed upon by other scholars more knowledgeable than you and myself, and many of you should really watch how you speak about a man from the Progeny of Muhammad (pbuh). I wish those condemning him had done 1/100th of what he has for the ummah.

My apologies if I have offended anyone.