Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
King

Video Mocking Islam Leads To The Death Of Us Envoy

Rate this topic

It sounds like the person responsible for making this film is neither Jewish nor American, and might very well be a Coptic Christian from Egypt. I wonder if these radicals will start killing Christians now? A sad world we live in when hatred and violence become a normal response to a stupid act by a mere handful of people.

Soon this criminal who made this movie will get full protection from the western governments/support/money and awards.

Just like when they gave Salman Rushdie knighthood by the queen of england.

Syed Nasrullah is right - they make disgusting and insulting things about our most revered figures - and nothing happens to them (in fact they get money/awards/fame) - but if some one even dares to question the validity of many of the holocaust claims they are imprisoned and humiliated.

Muslims them selves are useless though - there are 1.4 billion of them they can not even guard the honor of the Prophet (pbuh)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/news/internet/Google-refuses-to-remove-YouTube-clip-mocking-the-Islamic-Prophet-Muhammad/articleshow/16382208.cms?

Google refuses to remove YouTube clip mocking the Islamic Prophet Muhammad

SAN FRANCISCO: YouTube, the video website owned by Google, said on Wednesday it would not remove a film clip mocking the IslamicProphet Muhammad that has been blamed for anti-US protests in Egypt and Libya, but it has blocked access to it in those countries.

The clip, based on a longer film, depicts the prophet as a fraud and philanderer and has been blamed for sparking violence at US embassies inCairo and Benghazi. The US Ambassador to Libya, J Christopher Stevens, and three other American diplomats were killed in an attack on the US embassy in Benghazi on Tuesday.

"This video - which is widely available on the Web - is clearly within our guidelines and so will stay on YouTube," Google said in a statement. "However, given the very difficult situation inLibya and Egypt, we have temporarily restricted access in both countries. Our hearts are with the families of the people murdered in yesterday's attack in Libya."

The 14-minute clip is a trailer for a film called the "Innocence of Muslims," produced by a man who described himself as a California-based Israeli Jew named Sam Bacile.

Google has generally adopted a hands-off approach to political speech, although its "community guidelines" prohibit "hate speech," including speech that attacks or demeans a group based on religion. The guidelines can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines.

"We work hard to create a community everyone can enjoy and which also enables people to express different opinions," Google said in its statement. "This can be a challenge because what's OK in one country can be offensive elsewhere."

In the past, Google has selectively filtered videos that violate local laws.

On Wednesday, Afghanistan's general director of Information Technology at the Ministry of Communications, Aimal Marjan, told Reuters, "We have been told to shut down YouTube to the Afghan public until the video is taken down."

It sounds like the person responsible for making this film is neither Jewish nor American, and might very well be a Coptic Christian from Egypt. I wonder if these radicals will start killing Christians now? A sad world we live in when hatred and violence become a normal response to a stupid act by a mere handful of people.

No the Coptic dude, put subtitles to it..

The movie is made by Jews.

The majority of Iranians are Shia, but the majority of Shia are not Iranian.

The population of Iran, 2012, is about 78 million.

Although there are significant minorities of Sunnis (in Sistan / Balouchistan provinces) , Christians, Zoroastrians, and Jews in Iran, say

70 million are muslim, and of those 65 million are Shia. That's an approximation based on what I know.

In the world, there are about 1.8 billion muslims (1800 million). Of those, approx 25 to 30 % are Shia.

So (lets go with the low number) 25% of 1800 million is 450 million.

So there are approx 450 million Shia in the world.

65 / 450 = .14 so 14% of Shia are Iranian, the other 86% are from other countries.

There is a large number of Shia in the Arabic world, Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, and other countries.

There is also a large number in S. Asia (India, Pakistan, Afghanistan).

Also in SE Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia).

and then small populations in almost every other country in the world, including the U.S, where there are more than 2 million Shia.

These percentages are pretty much reflective of the visitors on SC by country, except that less than 14% are Iranian (because this is an English site) and probably more than 35% are from India and Pakistan (because this is an English site and English is widely spoken and taught in school in those countries). Also, that is why you sometimes see people 'busting out' in Urdu or Hindi (languages spoken in Pakistan and India) poetry on an English thread and they just assume everyone will 'get it'. :donno:

Hello Abu Hadi,

Thanks for the explanation. The Muslims Indians and Pakistani people I know here in the USA (My Dad's Doctor is from Pakistan.) are Sunni Muslim... I didn't realize there were many Shia Muslims in India or Pakistan.

The link you gave me is interesting.

Peace and God bless you

Soon this criminal who made this movie will get full protection from the western governments/support/money and awards.

Just like when they gave Salman Rushdie knighthood by the queen of england.

You can't possibly compare this so called movie producer with Rushdie.

Rushdie is a genuine writer of high calibre. As much insulting and hateful he was against Islam and the Prophet in his '88 book, his craft as a writer of fiction cannot be doubted really. The knighthood didn't come out of nowhere.

Edited by Marbles

I am not rude...

Hello Noah,

http://dictionary.re...browse/rude?s=t

"1.

discourteous or impolite, especially in a deliberate way: a rude reply.

without culture, learning, or refinement: rude, illiterate peasants.

rough in manners or behavior; unmannerly; uncouth.

rough, harsh, or ungentle: rude hands."

The above definitions are how you are acting to me.

I am just telling you the truth... And that is what I meant, read your quote... You clearly know what I meant, but twisting my statements, you say something like, "I did not finance.........anyone" while you clearly know what my post meant. But, you say this, to make me reply and explain myself in an apologetic manner and say, no I did not mean YOU were doing this, let me explain myself..............!

In your previous post to me, you wrote "you", same as you are writing now.

Sorry but sometimes it gets boring when you treat other posters as you were chatting with some under 14s....in some ways you are being rude to others by doing so...

Please quote me in how I was rude? If I was rude, I will apologize.

Or sometimes you come up with questions like this: "I am an American woman, can I go to Iran and then drink a cup of coffee on the streets; what will the men do to me? Am I going to be hurt? Are they going to chant against me? What if I don't control my emotions?"

You are lying. i have never written, "...then drink a cup of coffee on the streets; what will the men do to me?" and so forth. Please don't put words in my mouth.

While in reality you don't have any kind of plan like that, or you never have a Canadian cousin who reports to you on Iranian-Canadian relations

Where did I say I had a Canadian cousin? I said my brother-in-law is Canadian. Read! And, if you have courage to become friends on Facebook, I will even show you who my Canadian brother-in-law is. Why? So you won't lie and slander me and falsely accuse me. How rude!!! :( If you have the courage and are not a coward, pm me and I will give you my facebook name, which is my real name, and invite me to be a friend on facebook, and you can see with your own two eyes that I tell the truth.

, you do not have Iranian friends who all have special political problems...

Where in the world did I say that?

But, you have all these fiction stories to throw from nowhere to buildup an argument and want others to keep explaining things!

Again, if you have the courage, pm me for my facebook, join, show me who you are, and I will show you who I am, as well as who is my Canadian brother-in-law. However, lying about me and putting words in my mouth is very rude. You don't even know me. To the Shiachat moderation, if anyone want to prove who I am and my tie with Canada through the marriage of my sister to a Canadian, please let me know.

If you do not prove that you are speaking the truth (which you cannot prove because you are merely lying and slandering about me) then you are worthy of being ignored.

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

I cant wait for Noah to come on the scene for this one XD

Hello Lanatin,

Challenge goes for you too, if you want, though thanks for not putting words into my mouth or lying about me (as far as I know). If you want to know that I'm telling the truth, there are ways to do so. Facebook is a very nice way.

Peace and God bless you

You can't possibly compare this so called movie producer with Rushdie.

Rushdie is a genuine writer of high calibre. As much insulting and hateful he was against Islam and the Prophet in his '88 book, his craft as a writer of fiction cannot be doubted really. The knighthood didn't come out of nowhere.

Rushdie was/is a cheap pimp- who would sell his own mother for a dollar. His writing is nothing but trash, and it doesn't take any skill to insult and libel others to gain notoriety.

Your right though- the knighthood didn't come out of no where - it was a strategic movie to tell Iran and the rest of the muslim world - we won/ you lost. Rushdie is still standing - and we have protected him and given him a high status in our society.

Hello Lanatin,

Challenge goes for you too, if you want, though thanks for not putting words into my mouth or lying about me (as far as I know). If you want to know that I'm telling the truth, there are ways to do so. Facebook is a very nice way.

Peace and God bless you

No no its nothing to do with you, its just...hilarious when his fiery posts come in. The man is a raging bull, full of fire! Beware!

Lawl.

No no its nothing to do with you, its just...hilarious when his fiery posts come in. The man is a raging bull, full of fire! Beware!

Lawl.

Hello Lanatin,

His fiery posts need to be backed up with truth or water will put them out.

Peace and God bless you

Hello Lanatin,

His fiery posts need to be backed up with truth or water will put them out.

Peace and God bless you

Oof that was a hard jab, round 2 is cooooooooming up.

bahahaha

Edited by Lanatin

Oof that was a hard jab, round 2 is cooooooooming up.

bahahaha

Hello Lanatin,

Nah :(

You misunderstand me. I don't want to fight. I am merely defending my honor because he is slandering me and calling me a liar. I just want to prove to him that I am telling the truth so he will stop slandering me and lying about me.

i don't want to hurt him or anyone, not with my words or with actions. i just want him to know that I am telling the truth, and he is wrong for slandering and lying about me.

Peace and God bless you

Apparently the actors did not not know that it was a movie about Islam; hence all the offensive parts have been dubbed over.

http://edition.cnn.c...film/index.html

Hello Muhammad Ali,

That is confusing but possible. The whole issue is sad. :(

Peace and God bless you

Hello Noah,

http://dictionary.re...browse/rude?s=t

"1.

discourteous or impolite, especially in a deliberate way: a rude reply.

without culture, learning, or refinement: rude, illiterate peasants.

rough in manners or behavior; unmannerly; uncouth.

rough, harsh, or ungentle: rude hands."

The above definitions are how you are acting to me.

In your previous post to me, you wrote "you", same as you are writing now.

Please quote me in how I was rude? If I was rude, I will apologize.

You are lying. i have never written, "...then drink a cup of coffee on the streets; what will the men do to me?" and so forth. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Where did I say I had a Canadian cousin? I said my brother-in-law is Canadian. Read! And, if you have courage to become friends on Facebook, I will even show you who my Canadian brother-in-law is. Why? So you won't lie and slander me and falsely accuse me. How rude!!! :( If you have the courage and are not a coward, pm me and I will give you my facebook name, which is my real name, and invite me to be a friend on facebook, and you can see with your own two eyes that I tell the truth.

Where in the world did I say that?

Again, if you have the courage, pm me for my facebook, join, show me who you are, and I will show you who I am, as well as who is my Canadian brother-in-law. However, lying about me and putting words in my mouth is very rude. You don't even know me. To the Shiachat moderation, if anyone want to prove who I am and my tie with Canada through the marriage of my sister to a Canadian, please let me know.

If you do not prove that you are speaking the truth (which you cannot prove because you are merely lying and slandering about me) then you are worthy of being ignored.

Peace and God bless you

I guess you did not get the point of my reply!!!! I just wanted to pinpoint to the fairy tales you often throw on Shiachat.

And btw: what does courage have anything to do with PMs and facebook?

I know you for 9 years on online forums, no need for pms or facebooking!

And God Bless You as well

I guess you did not get the point of my reply!!!! I just wanted to pinpoint to the fairy tales you often throw on Shiachat.

Hello Noah,

You are lying about me. What I write is not fairy tales.

So you know me then? What is my name then, and the name of my husband? What is the name of my Canadian brother-in-law and who is my sister who is married to him?

There is a need to prove what you say about someone. Obviously you cannot prove it and are just writing without basis. Obviously you do not even want to find out the truth.

Peace and God bless you

Lawl.

lolllll :lol:

It is just that she tries to bypass things when it comes to western policies by recalling Adam and Abel murder, and the biblical stories of Abraham (if you read her first replies)....reading that post made me to tell her a few facts on her attitudes on this forum...else I am not replying to her posts, because I know what she is up to...

Edit: CL, I did not say I know your familytree or if I am a family friend... I said I know you on 'online forums' for sometimes now... And now let the ppl to discuss the main topic...escpaing Abel/Adam and facebooking for now.

Edited by Noah-

Salam,

Br. if you want to quote something she said, please quote her directly from the thread where she posted this, (use the quote button)

otherwise others will get the impression that you are trying to slander her. She has been on SC for a while now and I haven't seen any troll like behavior from her. So if she is trolling or making up fairy tales, she isn't doing it here, that I have seen. As for other forums, have you considered that maybe it is another person using the same screen name ? Maybe. She is a member of SC in good standing and thus has the same rights as all other members.

Edited by Abu Hadi

Cast and crew of anti-Muslim movie: We were duped!

Instead, they wound up in in the middle of an international crisis.

And now they are lashing out against the director of “The Innocence of Muslims” and say they had no idea they were making a movie that falsely depicts the Prophet Muhammed as a womanizer and child molester.

"The entire cast and crew are extremely upset and feel taken advantage of by the producer," said a joint statement from 80 people who worked on the movie. “We are 100% not behind this film and were grossly misled about its intent and purpose. We are shocked by the drastic rewrites of the script and lies that were told to all involved.”

Cast members told CNN the  movie’s buffoonish Muhammed was called “Master George” in the script, and references to the prophet — and Islam in general — were dubbed in after it was shot.

Actress Cindy Lee Garcia told KERO-TV she wouldn’t knowingly be a part of anti-Islam propaganda.

“I would never hurt anybody no matter what religion they are,” she said.

Furor over the movie gave terrorists cover to launch a deadly assault on the U.S. embassy in Libya that left four American diplomats dead.

Garcia said she called the director she knew as  Sam Bacile, who told her he was “tired of the radical Muslims running around killing everyone.”

Bacile didn’t just fool his cast. And his name isn’t even Sam Bacile.

He claimed to be an Israeli Jew living in California, but the Associated Press reported that he may actually be a Coptic Christian with a criminal record named Nakoula Basseley Nakoula.

Nakoula insisted he was not the director, but the AP got "Bacile's" cell phone number from a Coptic activist and traced it to Nakoula’s address. Court records from a 2010 bank fraud case against him showed that his false identities included “Nicola Bacily.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cast-crew-anti-muslim-movie-duped-article-1.1158326

21 users reading this thread LOL.

It is amazing how Israelis control, manipulate, and destroy American lives as if they have no meaning just like they do with the rest of the world.

It is just that she tries to bypass things when it comes to western policies by recalling Adam and Abel murder, and the biblical stories of Abraham (if you read her first replies)....reading that post made me to tell her a few facts on her attitudes on this forum...else I am not replying to her posts, because I know what she is up to...

Edit: CL, I did not say I know your familytree or if I am a family friend... I said I know you on 'online forums' for sometimes now... And now let the ppl to discuss the main topic...escpaing Abel/Adam and facebooking for now.

Hello Noah,

I write how I write. You write how you write. However, it is wrong of you to personally attack me and slander me, and you didn't even read what I wrote properly, by thinking that I was writing about a Canadian cousin??? What? I wrote about my Canadian brother-in-law because that is my experience.

If you don't like how I write, why not just ignore me? Why attack and slander me? I don't appreciate that.

As for the subject at hand, actually this is a good way to show that if someone is being attacked, instead of killing other people, why don't Muslims just prove that the lies in the insulting video are lies? From the summary Lanatin gave, I take him at his word that this is what the video claimed, though if I wanted to, i could watch it to make sure:

Main summary of the video:

- Some random egyptian general boasts Prophet has 61 wives and one girlfriend (obviously this isnt recounted in any narrations at all)

- Our Prophet's parents were adulterers and he was the product of fornication

- Prophet is given the epithet "the bast*rd" and is called by a black kid "son of the unknown father"

- Prophet was scared of gabriel, thinking he was a devil so they depict Khadijah as a harlot who bared her legs and placed her private parts on the Prophet's mouth

- Prophet is a typical scheming arab who plans to raid and capture women and children for sh**s and giggles

- He started all aggressions

- He gets beaten by his wives

La ilaha illallah, not even Jesus (as) has been depicted in such a vile image and historical context. The director of this cringeworthy production is jewish, and he should blame no one but himself for all the inevitable consequences arising from this stupid film. Hate only breeds more hate.

Oh ye, and some christians are raided by savage muslims in egypt and the police force arrest and torture christians forcing them to confess they provoked all riots. This was recalled by a man whose daughter asks why such actions were done by the police and he replied "to protect ISLAMIC CRIMES".

Now, I didn't question Lanatin concerning if the insulting video was indeed slanderous, with the exception of asking about whether the Muslims killing Christians was in the video and if it was acting, because I know from my own studies that Muhammad was not married to the number of women allegedly claimed in the video (which I have not seen). So, the video is indeed slander if it indeed said the contrary. It is remarkably easy for Muslims to prove that video as slander and not as the truth.

As for your slandering me, it is remarkably easy to find out if I'm telling the truth by just getting to know me. If you don't know me, don't accuse me of lying and don't put words in my mouth like you did here:

"

I am not rude... I am just telling you the truth... And that is what I meant, read your quote... You clearly know what I meant, but twisting my statements, you say something like, "I did not finance.........anyone" while you clearly know what my post meant. But, you say this, to make me reply and explain myself in an apologetic manner and say, no I did not mean YOU were doing this, let me explain myself..............!

Sorry but sometimes it gets boring when you treat other posters as you were chatting with some under 14s....in some ways you are being rude to others by doing so...

Or sometimes you come up with questions like this: "I am an American woman, can I go to Iran and then drink a cup of coffee on the streets; what will the men do to me? Am I going to be hurt? Are they going to chant against me? What if I don't control my emotions?"

While in reality you don't have any kind of plan like that, or you never have a Canadian cousin who reports to you on Iranian-Canadian relations, you do not have Iranian friends who all have special political problems... But, you have all these fiction stories to throw from nowhere to buildup an argument and want others to keep explaining things!

If you truly knew me, you would know that I am telling the truth and would not slander me. Why? If you accuse someone of lying, you need to bring proof. If you don't have proof, that is slander. If you knew me, you would not have even written the defamation/libel of me in your post above, because you would know it is not true.

Back to the insulting video, obviously the authors do not know Muhammad's life very well. So, it would be awesome if Muhammad's followers, the Muslims, show the proof that the video is indeed slander and defamation.

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

Many of the people in this region are...clearly out of control.

Because they are taught hate and lies from the beginning of their lives.

Sadly when you are taught these kinds of things it is easy to believe all others are taught the same. :(

"The Times of London reported that Muslim students in Britain are being taught to despise non-Muslims as "filth." The Arabic word for this is "nagas." That is why many Arabs believe that the existence of non-Muslims on Muslim land is a desecration or occupation.

U.S. soldiers, at the request of Saudi Arabia, sacrificed their lives to protect it from Saddam. Under normal conditions that could have been met with appreciation, but instead, the Arab street reaction was “how dare the infidels desecrate Muslim land.”

That is why America’s defense of the Muslims against the Serbs, the Afghani Muslims against the Soviet Union, feeding the Somali Muslims starved by their own leadership, all did not get the U.S. any credit in the Muslim world; just the opposite, the more America tries to help stabilize the region, the more it is despised. "

http://www.inquiryintoislam.com/2010/06/when-muslim-women-speak-about-islam.html

This is an article written by a Muslim Egyptian who has left the area and had their eyes opened.

"I attended Gaza elementary schools. It is there that we learned hatred, vengeance, and retaliation; peace was never an option; but a sign of defeat and weakness. Jews were portrayed as less than human.

I was told "don’t take candy or fruit from a stranger, it could be a Jew trying to poison you." They filled our ears with fear of Jews. That made hatred come easy and terrorism acceptable, even honorable.

We regularly heard non-Muslims cursed from the pulpits of mosques. As a young woman, I visited a Christian friend in Cairo during the Friday prayers, and we both heard the verbal attacks on Christians and Jews from the loudspeakers. We heard "May God destroy the infidels and the Jews, the enemies of God. We are not to befriend them or make treaties with them." We also heard the worshipers respond "Amen."

I heard "cursing prayers" all my life from the pulpits of mosques — and believe it or not, if you grow up with cursing prayers, it can feel and sound normal. My Christian friend looked scared, and I was ashamed. That was when I first realized that something was very wrong in the way my religion was taught and practiced.

>>...when I read Arab media, all I saw was Israel and America bashing. Citizens were unaware of Muslim-against-Muslim atrocities in Iraq, Algeria, Sudan, etc. As a matter of fact, the term “Islamo-fascism” was coined by Algerian Muslims and ex-Muslims to describe the Islamic fanatics who slaughtered 150,000 fellow Algerian Muslims in the 1990s.

Arab media have failed the human rights of the ordinary Arab citizens. They have no understanding of their role in defending the interest of the public; this mentality was created from an Islamo-Fascist environment that rejects change.

...on the evening of Sept. 10th. 2001. The next morning I saw the second airplane hit the twin towers, I knew "Jihad has come to America." Muhammad Attah was from Cairo, the same city I came from.

I called several friends in Cairo, they were all in denial and said, "How dare you say that Arabs did this? Don’t you know this is a Jewish conspiracy?"

These were not radicals, but ordinary Egyptians who otherwise are very nice people. I hung up the phone and felt alone and disconnected from my culture of origin.

>> Once again, my people are accusing the Jewish people of something we know very well, we Arabs have done ourselves.

In any religion this is considered a sin, but in the eyes of radial Islam, Jews do not deserve the truth, justice or mercy. The Jews that we describe in our mosques, Arab textbooks and media don't exist. We, Arabs are fighting an imaginary Jew of our own creation. Israel is not perfect; no society is; but the way the Jews and minorities are treated by my people is tragic and a disgrace."

http://www.inquiryintoislam.com/2010/06/when-muslim-women-speak-about-islam.html

When things like this are taught in your schools it makes it easier to understand why you think the same of others. The thing is, others around the world do not do this, only those who follow Islam do this. It shows how left behind the people of Islam are... how backwards is their thinking that they still can think of others as less than human... and why? Because they follow the teaching of a man named Muhammad.

I never once in all my growing years heard one thing spoken about Muslims, and the only thing I heard about the Jews was about WWII and what was done to them during that war. It was, and is, not a topic of discussion in any place of worship I have ever been to, nor in the schools... to discuss people groups in derogatory terms... only in the mid-east is this done, giving reason to hate and blame others for all problems.

Certainly where I was raised, we are not taught to hate anyone, just the opposite. We are taught that hatred is ignorance, a refusal to understand other people. Those ideas went the wayside after WWII when the Japanese and westerners had wrong ideas of one another. Japanese women threw themselves off cliffs with their children when the U.S. troops arrived because they believed they would be eaten. Direct contact with one another has informed each that their perceptions of one another as barbarians was wrong and that all people are just people.

Mark Twain said;

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."

but not when you insist on following a 'religion' that teaches otherwise.

With all the access we have to one another these days, with the ability to interact and get to know one other, there is absolutely no excuse for backward behavor. The only thing that perpetuates backward behavior is a poisoned and closed mind.

"On Arab TV, I once saw a Muslim preacher telling little children that lying is not allowed except under three conditions:

Lying to non-Muslims when it is in the best interest of Islam.

Lying to Muslims if it will end conflict between them.

Lying to one’s wife to improve the relationship.

Lying thus has become an obligation in international relationships, Muslim relationships and family relationships.

By allowing lying, Muslims have created a culture unable to distinguish between lies from truth; truth has become a convoluted game of saving face for the best interest of Islam. "

Any wonder that you do not trust anyone and think everything is a conspiracy?

Other people are not taught this way.

All other people of religious backing are taught that lying is wrong. Their 'religion' does not teach them to lie.

Look. If someone makes a movie insulting Islam...is the best thing to do kill innocent people including an ambassador who had NOTHING to do with this?

The best thing to do is debate, discuss, hold a trial at worst?

We 'muslims' will not be seen as intolerant murderers.

Who ever used violence to kill did an un-islamic act, ruining the name of islam...because someone insulted islam.

an amazing paradox by uneducated 'muslims'.

"The best thing to do is debate, discuss, hold a trial at worst?"

Agreed.

"Who ever used violence to kill did an un-islamic act, ruining the name of islam...because someone insulted islam.

an amazing paradox by uneducated 'muslims'."

Again, agreed it seems to depend on what one was taught.

On one hand, I understand that Muhammad used to get very angry when anyone challenged him or insulted him.

On another hand I have heard it said that Muhammad was often insulted and that he bore it patiently.

How can we know what is true?

Why does Muhammad make himself a partner with God in worship and say that no one may insult the name of 'the prophet'... i.e., himself?

Edited by CLynn

On one hand, I understand that Muhammad used to get very angry when anyone challenged him or insulted him.

On another hand I have heard it said that Muhammad was often insulted and that he bore it patiently.

How can we know what is true?

He was often insulted and bore it patiently. We know because there are many, many historical accounts of this from reliable sources

dated to the time when he lived. All muslims and most non muslims agree on this.

Like I said before, I am a muslim and I am deeply and profoundly offended by this movie, but at the same time, I think it is wrong for anyone to take out their anger on innocent people because of it. Many others here have also said the same thing. Doing that would be against the teachings and behaviour of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Why does Muhammad make himself a partner with God in worship and say that no one may insult the name of 'the prophet'... i.e., himself?

When you insult Prophet Muhammad, you are also insulting the faith of a significant percentage of the world population (approx 1.8 billion people)

It is illegal in this country (the U.S.) to spread lies about someone then benefit from those lies. It is called libel and slander. So what about libel and slander against a Prophet of God. That is alot worse but I don't see how it is 'making himself a partner with God' ?

Like I said in my previous posts, most of this has nothing to do with the movie and is a result of years of built up frustration and anger over U.S. foreign policy. This happened to be the spark that lit the forest fire.

Edited by Abu Hadi

He was often insulted and bore it patiently. We know because there are many, many historical accounts of this from reliable sources

dated to the time when he lived. All muslims and most non muslims agree on this.

Like I said before, I am a muslim and I am deeply and profoundly offended by this movie, but at the same time, I think it is wrong for anyone to take out their anger on innocent people because of it. Many others here have also said the same thing. Doing that would be against the teachings and behaviour of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Hello Abu Hadi,

I am not a Muslim, but I understand why you are deeply and profoundly offended by the movie in question. That is why I'm not going to watch it. Why watch something that's offensive? I also don't watch the Simpsons or other yucky cartoons that make fun of others. :(

Thank you for not insulting people or being violent against people who did this, or blaming other people for it. That is much appreciated and admirable.

When you insult Prophet Muhammad, you are also insulting the faith of a significant percentage of the world population (approx 1.8 billion people)

It is illegal in this country (the U.S.) to spread lies about someone then benefit from those lies. It is called libel and slander. So what about libel and slander against a Prophet of God. That is alot worse but I don't see how it is 'making himself a partner with God' ?

It is true that it is illegal in the USA to spread lies, which yeah is called libel, slander, and defamation. It is a court-worthy offense. Normally this has to do though with slandering a live person. However, it would be interesting for any Muslim-American lawyers out there to research cases and see if there's a way to sue for slander/spreading lies about a person who is not living? I am not a lawyer so I don't know, but that would be interesting to find out.

Like I said in my previous posts, most of this has nothing to do with the movie and is a result of years of built up frustration and anger over U.S. foreign policy. This happened to be the spark that lit the forest fire.

I am very sad that this movie even happened, especially if it has ties to Christians. Christians are supposed to love our enemies, like Jesus says (Matthew 5:43-48, Luke 6:27-38.) Jesus even gave an example of loving one's neighbors (Luke 10:25-37) which he also expects his followers to do (whether those neighbors are friends or foes).

Paul wrote about what love is in 1 Corinthians 13, and love does not include slandering or mocking others!!!

A summary of what love is, according to 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a, is the following:

Love

is patient

is kind

does not envy

does not boast

is not proud

is not rude

is not self-seeking

is not easily angered

keeps no record of wrongs.

does not delight in evil

rejoices with the truth.

always protects

always trusts

always hopes

always perseveres

never fails

If some Christians had a hand in this video, they were not obeying Jesus' commands to love. :(

May God protect the Christians who did not do this video from violence and hate directed at them.

Peace and God bless you

Rushdie was/is a cheap pimp- who would sell his own mother for a dollar. His writing is nothing but trash, and it doesn't take any skill to insult and libel others to gain notoriety.

Your right though- the knighthood didn't come out of no where - it was a strategic movie to tell Iran and the rest of the muslim world - we won/ you lost. Rushdie is still standing - and we have protected him and given him a high status in our society.

Come on man.

You obviously have not read any of his novels. The guy is a leading writer of magical realism after perhaps Gabriel García Márquez.

But yeah knighting him was an insensitive and unnecessary act given his history with world Muslims.

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula & 'Innocence Of Muslims': Man Admits Role In Anti-Islam Movie

WASHINGTON — Federal authorities have identified a Coptic Christian in southern California who is on probation after his conviction for financial crimes as the key figure behind the anti-Muslim film that ignited mob violence against U.S. embassies across the Mideast, a U.S. law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The official said authorities had concluded that Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, was behind "Innocence of Muslims," a film that denigrated Islam and the prophet Muhammad and sparked protests earlier this week in Egypt, Libya and most recently in Yemen. It was not immediately clear whether Nakoula was the target of a criminal investigation or part of the broader investigation into the deaths of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Libya during a terrorist attack.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/13/nakoula-basseley-nakoula-innocence-of-muslims-anti-islam-movie_n_1880175.html

Because they are taught hate and lies from the beginning of their lives.

Sadly when you are taught these kinds of things it is easy to believe all others are taught the same. :(

"The Times of London reported that Muslim students in Britain are being taught to despise non-Muslims as "filth." The Arabic word for this is "nagas." That is why many Arabs believe that the existence of non-Muslims on Muslim land is a desecration or occupation.

U.S. soldiers, at the request of Saudi Arabia, sacrificed their lives to protect it from Saddam. Under normal conditions that could have been met with appreciation, but instead, the Arab street reaction was “how dare the infidels desecrate Muslim land.”

That is why America’s defense of the Muslims against the Serbs, the Afghani Muslims against the Soviet Union, feeding the Somali Muslims starved by their own leadership, all did not get the U.S. any credit in the Muslim world; just the opposite, the more America tries to help stabilize the region, the more it is despised. "

This is an article written by a Muslim Egyptian who has left the area and had their eyes opened.

"I attended Gaza elementary schools. It is there that we learned hatred, vengeance, and retaliation; peace was never an option; but a sign of defeat and weakness. Jews were portrayed as less than human.

I was told "don’t take candy or fruit from a stranger, it could be a Jew trying to poison you." They filled our ears with fear of Jews. That made hatred come easy and terrorism acceptable, even honorable.

We regularly heard non-Muslims cursed from the pulpits of mosques. As a young woman, I visited a Christian friend in Cairo during the Friday prayers, and we both heard the verbal attacks on Christians and Jews from the loudspeakers. We heard "May God destroy the infidels and the Jews, the enemies of God. We are not to befriend them or make treaties with them." We also heard the worshipers respond "Amen."

I heard "cursing prayers" all my life from the pulpits of mosques — and believe it or not, if you grow up with cursing prayers, it can feel and sound normal. My Christian friend looked scared, and I was ashamed. That was when I first realized that something was very wrong in the way my religion was taught and practiced.

>>...when I read Arab media, all I saw was Israel and America bashing. Citizens were unaware of Muslim-against-Muslim atrocities in Iraq, Algeria, Sudan, etc. As a matter of fact, the term “Islamo-fascism” was coined by Algerian Muslims and ex-Muslims to describe the Islamic fanatics who slaughtered 150,000 fellow Algerian Muslims in the 1990s.

Arab media have failed the human rights of the ordinary Arab citizens. They have no understanding of their role in defending the interest of the public; this mentality was created from an Islamo-Fascist environment that rejects change.

...on the evening of Sept. 10th. 2001. The next morning I saw the second airplane hit the twin towers, I knew "Jihad has come to America." Muhammad Attah was from Cairo, the same city I came from.

I called several friends in Cairo, they were all in denial and said, "How dare you say that Arabs did this? Don’t you know this is a Jewish conspiracy?"

These were not radicals, but ordinary Egyptians who otherwise are very nice people. I hung up the phone and felt alone and disconnected from my culture of origin.

>> Once again, my people are accusing the Jewish people of something we know very well, we Arabs have done ourselves.

In any religion this is considered a sin, but in the eyes of radial Islam, Jews do not deserve the truth, justice or mercy. The Jews that we describe in our mosques, Arab textbooks and media don't exist. We, Arabs are fighting an imaginary Jew of our own creation. Israel is not perfect; no society is; but the way the Jews and minorities are treated by my people is tragic and a disgrace."

I dont blame you for not realising this, but Nonie Darwish is an islamophobic nutcase who was in all probability never a Muslim, and who certainly doesn't seem to know much about the religion.

Here are some of the comments this insane woman has made in the past:

"Islam is a poison to a society. It’s divisive. It’s hateful. Look what Islam is doing on our college campuses. It’s full of anti-Semitism. It’s going to turn us against one another. It’s going to produce chaos in society. Because Islam should be feared, and should be fought, and should be conquered, and defeated, and annihilated, and it’s going to happen. Ladies and gentlemen, Islam is going to be brought down. . .Because Islam is based on lies and it’s not based on the truth. I have no doubt whatsoever that Islam is going to be destroyed."

By the way, her backstory is also hugely exaggerated:

http://electronicintifada.net/content/nonie-darwish-and-al-bureij-massacre/7586

By the way, despite the deceptively measured tone of the website you quoted, it's actually full of subtle lies and misrepresentations. If you want to learn about Islam, it's best to either get your information from Muslims, or reputable non-Muslim academics.

Come on man.

You obviously have not read any of his novels. The guy is a leading writer of magical realism after perhaps Gabriel García Márquez.

But yeah knighting him was an insensitive and unnecessary act given his history with world Muslims.

I actually read about half of the satanic verses when I was in high school - it was terrible (not only in its context) - but as a novel - it was absurdly boring, not engaging at all.

probability never a Muslim, and who certainly doesn't seem to know much about the religion.

Why is this the argument always given whenever someone from an Islamic state speaks against Islam?

Just sayin'

I'm not discounting the other things you have said, but I have read similar testimonies from different sources and many different people who came from the mid-east.

However, it is the reason I came to the forums, to interact with Muslims and judge for myself.

Greetings Abu Hadi,

I have read from different sources and get different reports about Muhammad. I think it depends on who wrote the history. I am not really aware of much history written about Muhammad other than what was written by his followers.

As far as insults... Christianity has been dealing with insults to its religion for thousands of years, so have other religions. It goes with the territory, even God knew this.

And the reason for one of my prior posts was for just the reason you state here... U.S. always being blamed for every unacceptable action brought on by the following of a religion. If the U.S. and all the world was not there, Islamic state would still be filled with anger and violence. It is Islam that needs to be addressed.

Salaam,

CLynn

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula & 'Innocence Of Muslims': Man Admits Role In Anti-Islam Movie

WASHINGTON — Federal authorities have identified a Coptic Christian in southern California who is on probation after his conviction for financial crimes as the key figure behind the anti-Muslim film that ignited mob violence against U.S. embassies across the Mideast, a U.S. law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The official said authorities had concluded that Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, was behind "Innocence of Muslims," a film that denigrated Islam and the prophet Muhammad and sparked protests earlier this week in Egypt, Libya and most recently in Yemen. It was not immediately clear whether Nakoula was the target of a criminal investigation or part of the broader investigation into the deaths of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Libya during a terrorist attack.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1880175.html

California... that explains alot... and if the report is correct, this man is no Christian. It may be the religion he is identified with due to birth, but he obviously has no idea and no practice of... like so many... being a Christian.

California... that explains alot... and if the report is correct, this man is no Christian. It may be the religion he is identified with due to birth, but he obviously has no idea and no practice of... like so many... being a Christian.

No, i am pretty positive he is a christian as said by media. Why would i care what you say when the media tells the truth.

The guy is a christian and obviously Christianity teaches hate and cursing of other religions. Well glad i didnt chose that religion.

I know bro, digressing can become a bit uncomfortable for many. It's all fun and games.

Oh, and, Kudos to the newbie member CLynn for having the nerve to post more hateful garbage on a thread that is already dedicated to a blasphemous hate video. Well done, you really are giving an open hand to all muslims who are reading your trash.

No, i am pretty positive he is a christian as said by media. Why would i care what you say when the media tells the truth.

The guy is a christian and obviously Christianity teaches hate and cursing of other religions. Well glad i didnt chose that religion.

If the hate mongerer CLynn tries to bounce on this, jus letting you know the above is sarcasm.