Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Marrying A Dawoodi Bohra

• Basic Members

Salam

I am a Shia ithna Asheri girl and I have recently met a shia guy who I am considering marrying. We are totally compatible but I am wondering if him being Dawoodi Bohra is a problem? Can I marry him as he is shia as well? Do I need to convert? I am totally lost and need guidance

Many thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would you want to join yourself in matrimonial bond to someone who is misguided and in error? And to have him raise your children to follow his deviated cult, risking them to the Hellfire? You have

Sure thing. 1 - Amir al-Mu'mineen `Ali b. Abi Talib Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã 2 - al-Hasan b. `Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã 3 - al-Husayn b. `Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã 4 - `Ali b. al-Husayn Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã 5 - Muhammad b. `Ali Úáíå ÇáÓá

What you have said above is pure ignorance about Islam and Quran. Probably because in Bohra faith they dont let you read Quran translation in your own language (let alone understand it?). Furthermore,

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

I have read few posts from most of the Ithnas. Let me clarify that we Daudi Bohras are the true Shias of AQA Ali. We do matam of Imam hussain day and night after every prayers. Its such a shame that some one is blamming our Dai without knowing about him. Some one saying that we are not muslims.

Sister, do not come under influence of these kind of people. If you accept Daudi Bohra, for sure you are going to heavans. These ithnas are all sick and they don't know what they are doing

Would you want to join yourself in matrimonial bond to someone who is misguided and in error? And to have him raise your children to follow his deviated cult, risking them to the Hellfire? You have to realize, Bohras are not Shi`a in the proper sense. The Imams (as) taught us that rejecting any one of them is as rejecting all of them, and as Isma`ilis, Bohras reject all of the Imams after Imam Sadiq (as), believing instead in a false line of pretenders (and now believing in a Da`i who effectively replaces the Imamate to them). And the fact you'd ask whether you need to convert to his faith to marry him (if that's what you meant) is all the more worrisome.

Compatibilities in marriage are important, but at the top of the list has to be shared faith. If that's not the case, then none of the others really matter in the end.

Brother, you are spreading hatred. What is the proof that you are a true Shia. You ithas beleive that you are true Shias? Time will tell. You people don't even know the true imamate. One thing, can you tell me the lineage of all the Imams that you are following?

he isnt shia...why do ppl think bohra are shia? they would like to think they are shia

just marry an ithna'asheri and be safe.

We Daudi Bohras are the true Shias of AQA Ali. What is the proof that you are a Shia?

^^ chill brother we respect your religion and their holy personalities , I know some comments are rude But if you will go with tit for tat then it's not gonna work out, it will only spread more hatred among us we are the different fruits from the same tree,we can't slander each other like this on the public forum.

• Advanced Member

From what I have seen, all Ismailis of today have a community based religion instead of a religion based community.

The bohras have around like 10ish sects within them, so I loose count of all these bohra divisions whenever I get curious of them lol

• Banned

woah ! marry a bohra and go to heaven, now thats sophisticated

does the same apply for bohri also? can i marry a bohri and go to heaven?

if going to heaven is so easy , i can well imagine what kinda people will be there...i'd rather go to hell

yeah actually its that easy, find a tayyebi girl who will marry u, and if u find one, do let me know :D

• Advanced Member

Salam

I am a Shia ithna Asheri girl and I have recently met a shia guy who I am considering marrying. We are totally compatible but I am wondering if him being Dawoodi Bohra is a problem? Can I marry him as he is shia as well? Do I need to convert? I am totally lost and need guidance

Many thanks

Sister, marriage is a life long commitment in which both partners should be compatible with not just trivial issues of life (likes/dislikes etc) but also faith. That really tops the list. You must sit down and reassess the entire situation objectively. You said you met him recently, so it can just be infatuation. Also, you still need to know him inside out which takes time.

I would say that you should look at prospective Shia Ithna Asheris..there are a lot of people who want to settle down. You can ask your parents or the local Sheikh for assistance. Converting to a faith like Bohri'ism will not be a good decision, your household will be under constant scrutiny by the mullas and you will not find it pleasant. Trust us on this and move away from this person as soon as possible. You should look at safeguarding your deen, not reqlinquishing it for puppy love. Allah will reward you by having you settled down with a better, momin guy.

being bohra is quite sophisticated.

False brother. Naive, true.

What is the proof that you are a Shia?

It is because we have spent millions on constructing and maintaining the shrines of Ahlulbayt (a.s)... :)

yeah actually its that easy, find a tayyebi girl who will marry u, and if u find one, do let me know :D

you got me there smarty pants, i am a nobody with nothing to offer , in other words i am doomed :)

but seriously why so much hatred for bohras, if the marjas allow shia girls to be married to sunnis , whats wrong with bohras ? arent they recognised as muslims by the sunnis? ( that being the most important criteria for being a muslim it seems)

• Banned

you got me there smarty pants, i am a nobody with nothing to offer , in other words i am doomed :)

but seriously why so much hatred for bohras, if the marjas allow shia girls to be married to sunnis , whats wrong with bohras ? arent they recognised as muslims by the sunnis? ( that being the most important criteria for being a muslim it seems)

actually those who hate us, are jealous of our unity and prosperity we hold in world,

good thing is neither we tayyebi nor our dai cares of these measly jealous guys :D

• Banned

true shias dont really give any importance to being prosperous in this world.....its hearbreaking to hear that your dai doesn't really care

we are prosper in this world and even hereafter Inshallah.....rabbana aatena fidduniya hasanatan wafil aakherate hasanatan wakena azaab ul naar.

true momeen are successful in this world and even here after.

btw we shud not care about haters, after all haters gonna hate...

we have example of first three khalifa, no matter how good Muhammed(s) kept with them, ultimately they plot to kill prophet(s) and even took bloody revenge from prophets(s) family.

still those 3 khalifas are alive in just different form.

Edited by Ali Huzaifa
  • Banned

financial prosperity is not a measure of success in this world, mostly its a test or a curse.....

if u didnt had money, u would not have internet and a laptop to sit and comment :lol:

so money is as important as knowledge and deen.

smartest is one, who balance out and use money for good cause.

• Advanced Member

Why are the Bohra's being facetious, throwing their toys out of the pram? You claim you're going to Paradise and Twelvers (NOTE the 12, very pertinent as per saheeh narrations) aren't so what would you say on a Bohra site if a Bohra girl asked about marrying an Ithna Asheri?

This is ShiaChat, not DaiGossip.

Back O/T. There are many other people in the world, not just this one Bohra. If you think it has to be him then have you asked him whether he'd be ready to accept the 12 Imams (as) rather than a sub-set followed by other random imposters?

It may seem OK now but believe me, when life progresses and you have children that's when problems may arise and your offspring may suffer in ways you can't imagine now.

Note (as witnessed on this and other threads) Bohras put more stock on elitism, material achievements and snobbery than most other things so if you're personality is this way inclined then it could be a match made in Paradise. For one of you of course....

ALI

• Veteran Member

just do mutah with few ithna asharis and check them out, and select one.

being bohra is quite sophisticated.

lol...bohri boy and his obsession with mutah.

actually those who hate us, are jealous of our unity and prosperity we hold in world,

good thing is neither we tayyebi nor our dai cares of these measly jealous guys :D

Yes, a nation of pathetic shopkeepers makes us shias so jealous.

• Advanced Member
we are prosper in this world and even hereafter Inshallah.....rabbana aatena fidduniya hasanatan wafil aakherate hasanatan wakena azaab ul naar.

true momeen are successful in this world and even here after.

I fail to understand your fixation of measuring your belief with financial prosperity. If what you're saying is really true, then you must note that most of the Prophets (a.s) lived a frugal life and were not bestowed an abundance of wealth. So then, that makes them a failure, right?

if u didnt had money, u would not have internet and a laptop to sit and comment

so money is as important as knowledge and deen.

smartest is one, who balance out and use money for good cause.

This came out of your pocket, didn't it? So essentially what you're implying is - if your deen is correct, then the cash follows. And this would then imply that nobody but the rich can have a good understanding of deen. Brother Ali, I think it is time for you to take a break from typing this nonsensical garbled text of incoherent thoughts, take stock of your situation, reassess your understanding of deen and then post some sense.

In the other thread, I had asked you to post the link of your treasure trove of Bohri books. But you chose to ignore that, and instead PMed me the link...which did nothing in your favour, for Dai'im al Islam and Kitab al-Maqalid al-Malukutiyya by al-Sijistani both cannot prove the legitimacy of Bohri'ism. You seem to be clutching straws with both hands brother. Please wake up before it's too late.

but seriously why so much hatred for bohras,

Personally speaking, it isn't hate for Bohris. What I hate infact is their understanding of correctness of deen by trying to even it out through cash talks, constructing the shrines, materialism blah blah...You can pick any thread on this site and I bet you can see them helpless in proving their madhhab through Quran and ahadith.

if the marjas allow shia girls to be married to sunnis , whats wrong with bohras ?

Theoretically speaking, yes. But it's still safer to clarify it by contacting a marja because I haven't yet seen a fatwa for this.

arent they recognised as muslims by the sunnis? ( that being the most important criteria for being a muslim it seems)

They are Muslims because they believe in Tawheed and Nubuwwah, and not because the Sunnis state so. The Sunni view on a matter is not a hujjah over us.

• Advanced Member

www.bohrashia.com - a site which was created by a convert to the Shia madhab & has attracted many more converts. Check out the book & article.

In fact, I've been here many times. Fakhruddin uncle is one of the most helpful persons around and he and other brothers are helping Bohris realize what a mess their madhhab is. May Allah accept their efforts and reward them abundantly.

• Banned

lol...bohri boy and his obsession with mutah.

Yes, a nation of pathetic shopkeepers makes us shias so jealous.

pathetic shopkeepers are on roll world wide Alhumdolillah lol

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/10477/20120913-bmah-27kb

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/10477/20120913-oiha-65kb

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/10477/20120913-terl-35kb

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/10477/20120913-xfhq-42kb

• Advanced Member

reported

even I can use language like this (infact worst then this)

but we tayyebi are known for peace and wellbeing in whole world , degrading my self to your level wont be a good idea :lol:

Off-topic

So you are a bohri? thats why you dont belive in reappearance of Imam-e-Zamana (ajtf) in next 200 years and 200 years after that. I see! :shifty:

• Banned

Off-topic

So you are a bohri? thats why you dont belive in reappearance of Imam-e-Zamana (ajtf) in next 200 years and 200 years after that. I see! :shifty:

no lol it has nothing to do with 200 years of re appearance....and its just my personal view. :dry:

dang man i seriously envy your credulity, the people in those pics dont even have an impressive personality ...dont tell me these are your leaders

and by impressive personality i didnt mean dress wise...just the face man...that really old guy does look humble but usually that comes with age

and i have seen long beards looking graceful, ones in the pictures look whacked....if you saw the aura a shia Aalim has you guys will start worshippng them as gods ...

you guys really on a roll world wide!! amazing man you guys travel the world...god has surely blessed your kind....i think frequent flyer miles is where its at for you people