Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

Marrying A Dawoodi Bohra

Rate this topic

Salam

I am a Shia ithna Asheri girl and I have recently met a shia guy who I am considering marrying. We are totally compatible but I am wondering if him being Dawoodi Bohra is a problem? Can I marry him as he is shia as well? Do I need to convert? I am totally lost and need guidance

Many thanks

I wouldnt say it would be a problem marrying him. Although he is a Shia muslim, which is the most imporant factor for u and the family u guys will make. So i dont think u will have to convert either.

May Allah bless u both for this decision :)

(wasalam)

Would you want to join yourself in matrimonial bond to someone who is misguided and in error? And to have him raise your children to follow his deviated cult, risking them to the Hellfire? You have to realize, Bohras are not Shi`a in the proper sense. The Imams (as) taught us that rejecting any one of them is as rejecting all of them, and as Isma`ilis, Bohras reject all of the Imams after Imam Sadiq (as), believing instead in a false line of pretenders (and now believing in a Da`i who effectively replaces the Imamate to them). And the fact you'd ask whether you need to convert to his faith to marry him (if that's what you meant) is all the more worrisome.

Compatibilities in marriage are important, but at the top of the list has to be shared faith. If that's not the case, then none of the others really matter in the end.

I have read few posts from most of the Ithnas. Let me clarify that we Daudi Bohras are the true Shias of AQA Ali. We do matam of Imam hussain day and night after every prayers. Its such a shame that some one is blamming our Dai without knowing about him. Some one saying that we are not muslims.

Sister, do not come under influence of these kind of people. If you accept Daudi Bohra, for sure you are going to heavans. These ithnas are all sick and they don't know what they are doing

Would you want to join yourself in matrimonial bond to someone who is misguided and in error? And to have him raise your children to follow his deviated cult, risking them to the Hellfire? You have to realize, Bohras are not Shi`a in the proper sense. The Imams (as) taught us that rejecting any one of them is as rejecting all of them, and as Isma`ilis, Bohras reject all of the Imams after Imam Sadiq (as), believing instead in a false line of pretenders (and now believing in a Da`i who effectively replaces the Imamate to them). And the fact you'd ask whether you need to convert to his faith to marry him (if that's what you meant) is all the more worrisome.

Compatibilities in marriage are important, but at the top of the list has to be shared faith. If that's not the case, then none of the others really matter in the end.

Brother, you are spreading hatred. What is the proof that you are a true Shia. You ithas beleive that you are true Shias? Time will tell. You people don't even know the true imamate. One thing, can you tell me the lineage of all the Imams that you are following?

he isnt shia...why do ppl think bohra are shia? they would like to think they are shia

just marry an ithna'asheri and be safe.

We Daudi Bohras are the true Shias of AQA Ali. What is the proof that you are a Shia?

^^ chill brother we respect your religion and their holy personalities , I know some comments are rude But if you will go with tit for tat then it's not gonna work out, it will only spread more hatred among us we are the different fruits from the same tree,we can't slander each other like this on the public forum.

woah ! marry a bohra and go to heaven, now thats sophisticated

does the same apply for bohri also? can i marry a bohri and go to heaven?

if going to heaven is so easy , i can well imagine what kinda people will be there...i'd rather go to hell

Edited by No body

From what I have seen, all Ismailis of today have a community based religion instead of a religion based community.

The bohras have around like 10ish sects within them, so I loose count of all these bohra divisions whenever I get curious of them lol

woah ! marry a bohra and go to heaven, now thats sophisticated

does the same apply for bohri also? can i marry a bohri and go to heaven?

if going to heaven is so easy , i can well imagine what kinda people will be there...i'd rather go to hell

yeah actually its that easy, find a tayyebi girl who will marry u, and if u find one, do let me know :D

Salam

I am a Shia ithna Asheri girl and I have recently met a shia guy who I am considering marrying. We are totally compatible but I am wondering if him being Dawoodi Bohra is a problem? Can I marry him as he is shia as well? Do I need to convert? I am totally lost and need guidance

Many thanks

Sister, marriage is a life long commitment in which both partners should be compatible with not just trivial issues of life (likes/dislikes etc) but also faith. That really tops the list. You must sit down and reassess the entire situation objectively. You said you met him recently, so it can just be infatuation. Also, you still need to know him inside out which takes time.

I would say that you should look at prospective Shia Ithna Asheris..there are a lot of people who want to settle down. You can ask your parents or the local Sheikh for assistance. Converting to a faith like Bohri'ism will not be a good decision, your household will be under constant scrutiny by the mullas and you will not find it pleasant. Trust us on this and move away from this person as soon as possible. You should look at safeguarding your deen, not reqlinquishing it for puppy love. Allah will reward you by having you settled down with a better, momin guy.

being bohra is quite sophisticated.

False brother. Naive, true.

What is the proof that you are a Shia?

It is because we have spent millions on constructing and maintaining the shrines of Ahlulbayt (a.s)... :)