In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Shia Perform 5 Prayers In Three Time?

Rate this topic

sahar_zaidi

• Veteran Member

subhanallah, this is a new low for shiachat, attacking sunnis for actually praying, it is true that you see a lot of sunnis who sin openly, but still put a lot of importance in prayer, particularly friday prayer, but the bottom line is, they still pray, they still go to the mosque.

Is it hypocritical, of course, but the bottom line is, prayer is wajib, being a sinner is not an excuse not to pray. Being a sinner is not a excuse not to wear hijab.

Just because you go against Allah on one thing, does not mean you have to go against Him on everything - which lets face it, is more the imami thing to do, ''oh I will pray, but only after i go to hajj and am the perfect mu'min'', ''oh I will wear hijab but only when blablabla...''

People just don't like hearing that joining every set of prayers is not what the Imams used to do - though it is a mercy from Allah that we should be thankful for

• Advanced Member

well sunni's are good in their salat they performed in time with nafils.and i

guess we all are agree

Holy Prophet Mohammad (sallallahu alaih wasallam) said: "Everything has a face

and the face of your religion is Salah (Salat, Namaz); none of you should stain the

face of his religion.

The Holy Prophet said: "The one who takes prayer light is not of me. No, by Allah

such a person will not reach the Haud, Pond of abundant."

Man La Yahduruhul Faqih, vol. 1, p. 206

Imam Amir ul Mu'mineen Ali [a] said: "If a praying person knew to what extent he was

surrounded by His Mercy, he would never raise his head from (the state of)

prostration.

Tasnif-I-Ghurar-ul-Hikam, p. 175

I know so many sunni who love ahyl e bait .so u can't tag them bad because of few bad people.

i m syed. i have good idea about the condition of syeds i know many syed + shia

who do all haram things and proudly say "Ya Ali Madad" attend majlis like pious people.

i also saw many women they do chit chat during masaib,they come with proper

makeup in majlis, but its doesn't mean our point of shiaism is wrong or all shias are

wrong.

Hate the sins not the person.

Everyone will be rewarded or puninshed according to his deeds.

i guess every muslim should have big heart to apprciate good things.

as hazrat Ali A.S said:

" A person will be ruined if he does not appreciate his own limits."

what i m trying to say, Good and Bad is everywhere.i give the example of salat as i

personally feel this is something we shia should follow. We are follower of

Hazrat Ali A.S so it should be shown in our acts.

as i mentioned above combine salat is not haram but the problem is people don't

read the full paragraphs.by the way my question was why we only follow combine

salat?

we all accept that performing salat on time has great importance but we can't follow it?

why?

because of our laziness?

if we want to performed on 5 time but unable to do so then Allah pak knows our intentions

Imam Sadiq [a] said: "If there be a stream at the house of one of you in which the one

washes himself five times a day, will there remain anything from the dirt over his

body? Verily, the likeness of prayers is the same as the stream. The person who

establishes ritual prayers clears out his sins thereby, except for the sin that takes him

out from Faith he believes in."

Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 82, p. 236

ghulam-e-ali

You mentioned Furo al Kafi, and quoted Ahadeeth from it,

But you missed Full chapter ?

i forget to answer .actually i read the saying of hazrat jafir sadiq A.S somewhere with this reference so i note it down but i don't read this book(al-kafi)

can u plz tell me the name of authentic shia scholar who traslated quran in urdu

• 3 years later...
  • Basic Members
On 14 September 2012 at 10:01 PM, ghulam-e-ali said:

Salam

I believe you have not pondered on the fact that most of these verses do not mention Five prayers in any of these. I am speaking of what the verses speak of.

Like, the first verse you have presented, from 11/114

Let us see that

This verse is actually telling you the Three times

Verse 24/58 you mentioned, has nothing to do with Times of Salat at all, it says

verse 17/78, as per you means, zuhr prayers. But if you pay attention, it says

Again, it shows Three times. I am amazed that rather than concentrating on the fact that it shows three times, you took Noon prayers in it. It is rather speaking of Time of Zuhur and Asr together

Verse 30/18 says, and I will include verse 17 as well

This verse shows 4 times

Verse 2/238

It is not giving us any thing about timings.............

So you gave reference of 5 verses

Two of these are mentioning 3 times

One is mentioning 4 times

and two are not mentioning times at all.

There is a verse (130) of Surat Taha, and it says

Again, we see 4 times.

And then we have verses 39 and 40 of Surat Qaaf

Again, we see 3 times

So, Actually we do not have any verse which mentions 5 times clearly.

On 14 September 2012 at 10:01 PM, ghulam-e-ali said:

Salam

I believe you have not pondered on the fact that most of these verses do not mention Five prayers in any of these. I am speaking of what the verses speak of.

Like, the first verse you have presented, from 11/114

Let us see that

This verse is actually telling you the Three times

Verse 24/58 you mentioned, has nothing to do with Times of Salat at all, it says

verse 17/78, as per you means, zuhr prayers. But if you pay attention, it says

Again, it shows Three times. I am amazed that rather than concentrating on the fact that it shows three times, you took Noon prayers in it. It is rather speaking of Time of Zuhur and Asr together

Verse 30/18 says, and I will include verse 17 as well

This verse shows 4 times

Verse 2/238

It is not giving us any thing about timings.............

So you gave reference of 5 verses

Two of these are mentioning 3 times

One is mentioning 4 times

and two are not mentioning times at all.

There is a verse (130) of Surat Taha, and it says

Again, we see 4 times.

And then we have verses 39 and 40 of Surat Qaaf

Again, we see 3 times

So, Actually we do not have any verse which mentions 5 times clearly.

39. Therefore be patient of what they say, and sing the praise of your Lord before the rising of the sun and before the setting

40. And glorify Him in the night and after 

Edited by Niyaz ali

• Advanced Member

The reason the Shia perform their prayers in three times is the Quranic verses and traditions on the matter. Although the Quran has mentioned that prayer is wajib several times and hasn’t gone into the details, it has spoken of its times: “Maintain the prayer from the sun's decline till the darkness of the night, and [observe particularly] the dawn recital. Indeed the dawn recital is attended [by the angels of day and night]”.[1]

As for the hadiths, there are hadiths that disclose that the prophet (pbuh) would [sometimes] pray the dhuhr and asr prayers together in one time, as was the case with the maghrib and isha prayers. He was asked about this matter, and he replied: “I did so in order that my nation may be free from hardship.”

Imam Sadiq (as) says: “When the sun reaches the highest point in the sky and begins its decline (zawal/midday), it is the time for the dhuhr and asr prayers, the only thing is that the dhuhr prayer must be performed before asr. From then on, you have time to pray the prayers until sunset. There are also similar hadiths in Sunni sources that confirm this issue.

for more details:

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa2334

• Advanced Member

Assalaamu alaikum,not to be disrespectful or condescending. I would like the shias to answer,if they accept the validity of separation is allowed and even preferred and Nahjal Balagah letter 52 clearly talks about 5 distinct times and Imam al Hussain (as) performed Salat al asr before martyrdom (May Allah (swt) curse his killers and all accomplices of his killers). Why isn't a there a single Shia masjid that separates that their prayers (afaik)?

17 minutes ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

Assalaamu alaikum,not to be disrespectful or condescending. I would like the shias to answer,if they accept the validity of separation is allowed and even preferred and Nahjal Balagah letter 52 clearly talks about 5 distinct times and Imam al Hussain (as) performed Salat al asr before martyrdom (May Allah (swt) curse his killers and all accomplices of his killers). Why isn't a there a single Shia masjid that separates that their prayers (afaik)?

Shia of the prophet are Ahlul bayt and probably the ones who followed them to the T, during their times , like Salman Farsi.

The rest of us are wanna be's .

So if you want to know the most accurate behaviour leave us wanna be Shias and see what the Ahlul bayt did most of the time, which was always closer to Taqwa.

Do what's closer to taqwa not what wanna be's do.

Edited by certainclarity

4 hours ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

الإمامُ الصّادقُ عليه السلام : اِمتَحِنُوا شِيعَتَنا عِندَ ثَلاثٍ : عِندَ مَواقيتِ الصلَواتِ كيفَ مُحافَظَتُهُم علَيها ، وعِندَ أسرارِهِم كيفَ حِفظُهُم لَها عَن عَدُوِّنا ، وإلى أموالِهِم كيفَ مُواساتُهُم لإِخوانِهم فيها

Imam al-Sadiq (a) : Test our shias on three occasions: At the time of prayers as to how they safeguard their prayers, and when they have a secret as to how they keep them from our enemies and by their properties (and wealth) as to how they spend on their brethren.

[Bihar al-Anwar, v.83, p. 22, hadith # 40]

Edited by certainclarity

• Veteran Member

Why do we the Shia pray at three times while the Quran tells us to pray at five times?

The reason the Shia perform their prayers in three times is the Quranic verses and traditions on the matter. Although the Quran has mentioned that prayer is wajib several times and hasn’t gone into the details, it has spoken of its times: “Maintain the prayer from the sun's decline till the darkness of the night, and [observe particularly] the dawn recital. Indeed the dawn recital is attended [by the angels of day and night]”.[1]

As for the hadiths, there are hadiths that disclose that the prophet (pbuh) would [sometimes] pray the dhuhr and asr prayers together in one time, as was the case with the maghrib and isha prayers. He was asked about this matter, and he replied: “I did so in order that my nation may be free from hardship.”

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa2334