Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Miladiator

Downloading Microsoft Office

Rate this topic

We have also to take into account the Ahadith as follows

Úáí Èä ÅÈÑÇåíã¡ Úä ÃÈíå¡ æãÍãÏ Èä íÍíì¡ Úä ÃÍãÏ Èä ãÍãÏ¡ ÌãíÚÇ¡ Úä ÇÈä ãÍÈæÈ¡ Úä ãÇáß Èä ÚØíÉ¡ Úä ÚäÈÓÉ Èä ãÕÚÈ¡ Úä ÃÈí ÌÚÝÑ(Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã) ÞÇá: ËáÇË áã íÌÚá Çááå ÚÒ æÌá áÇÍÏ Ýíåä ÑÎÕÉ: ÃÏÇÁ ÇáÇãÇäÉ Åáì ÇáÈÑ æÇáÝÇÌÑ æÇáæÝÇÁ ÈÇáÚåÏ ááÈÑ æÇáÝÇÌÑ æÈÑ ÇáæÇáÏíä ÈÑ íä ßÇäÇ Ãæ ÝÇÌÑíä

Ali b. Ibrahim from his father AND Muhammad b. Yahya from Ahmad b. Muhammad all together from Ibn Mahbub from Malik b. Atiyya from Anbasa b. Musab from Abi Ja'far who said:

Allah did not give a Rukhsah [dispensation] to anyone in three things:

returning the trust to the virtuous and the corrupt, keeping the promise to the virtuous and the corrupt, and doing good to both parents whether they are virtuous or corrupt.

Thus we see that we have to return the Amanah even to the Fajir, having said that, the Hukm is definitely different to those actively fighting the Muslims [Harbi Kuffar], as the Amerikkan empire no doubt is.

Edited by Islamic Salvation

Asalam Alykum,

I hope everyone is in good health. MashAllah there has been a lot of contribution and as a student of Software Development I am quite keen to read about technologies.

Firstly, I cannot for the life of me believe where this discussion has gone off to. All this talk about US done this that and the other. I understand that BUT if we are to use a tool to attain knowledge we must use it like the Imam (A.S.) would advice us. All of you lot crying about wars etc are acting like some people who went with Rasool Allah (S.A.W.) to Khyber war and when they captured and tried to slaughter to eat a Jewish Shepard's sheeps after very much desperation in hunger; what did Rasool Allah (S.A.W.) adviced them? Do you wish to react like those who reacted like such way?

The original poster, firstly my advice is use Open Office in addition to Google drive, you data is safe and inshAllah it is more portable. If you want to use Microsoft Office and it has not asked for the key then simply ignore it. Its a software and if it has been hacked that is not your fault but if you are so concerned go to SoftwareforStudents or some website and buy a copy. Yet again I am advising you to go with the alternative as Open Office etc are better. I am using an Apple Mac with Pages and Numbers for my studies so that I can get somewhere, create an example of what a Muslim is and how kind, educated, wise but capable to fend for ourselves we are.

To the rest of you acting like sheeps in a herd please behave yourself and speak with wisdom. Just because other people do wrong does not mean we resort to stealing or copying them. There is no harm in fighting but when you are a powerful man, with words, knowledge, resources etc then you can not only buy people but countries into your ideology [buying here does not mean bribe but selling an idea; business terminology]. You become a living example, a legacy.

Do you want to know why Shias are getting killed left right and centre? Because we in the west do nothing but moan, post tons of things on a forum which is then used as a propaganda against us. Imams (A.S.) used wisdom. They lived through this and what is happening to many countries and individuals also happened to them.

You decide, be a follower of your Imam (A.S.) or become someone who behaves like his enemy.

Sorry about the long rant just finished a night shift, tired and going to sleep :). If I don't wake up then do forgive me all; just my prospective.

All of you lot crying about wars etc are acting like some people who went with Rasool Allah (S.A.W.) to Khyber war and when they captured and tried to slaughter to eat a Jewish Shepard's sheeps after very much desperation in hunger; what did Rasool Allah (S.A.W.) adviced them? Do you wish to react like those who reacted like such way?

night shift, tired and going to sleep :). If I don't wake up then do forgive me all; just my prospective.

Now imagine this other scenario: A man wants to pay the Jews so that they will allow him to go and copy a manuscript that they have. He will not get the manuscript, the money is just for the permission to view and copy the manuscript. This is while they are at war with the Muslims.

Would Rasulullah allow or approve the man to pay the money to the Jews?

As I said before, I always use open source software unless a thing won't run on Linux. However, I still think paying money to the enemy of Muslims is a big crime. And these countries themselves stole and cheated to their content and still do to this day.

All America and other countries need to do is NOT invade and kill our fellows. That's enough to make us start buying their stuff again. That seems quite simple to me.

Edited by titumir

^

And it doesn't matter whether ur a shia or sunni. If u work under US - U r indirectly Supporting Israel.

So all of us who live in US/ UK r in trouble!!!!

Working with Oppressor in itself is a major sin. I dont knw who and why ur defending ?

Have you asked a Marja? Ddnt you read what is written in the Quran? You cant say what permissible and not permissible because you feel like. It.

Imam also said insulting your brother openly takes u to hell. the point is if u go on with hadith we can all dig out millions from our motabar books like kafi, kamil. abqatul al anwar, etc :)

First thats not insulting, these are the words of Imam Sadiq

Second, when you are giving a wrong image of things, answers like that will be given

Asalam Alykum,

I hope everyone is in good health. I understand the justification of war and money going to those who do not believe in the Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W.). You must realise, Imam Ali (A.S.) said if someone is not your brother in faith then they are your brother in humanity. Have we forgotten that we have to be a human being first before anything else? From my above example, Rasool Allah (S.A.W.) did say that these sheeps are not ours to use though there were at war facing the enemies. Remember Imam Hussain (A.S.) allowed water for those who wanted during the event of Karbala, remember who we are. It is a exchange of technologies. What they use their gains its their business and what we use our gain it is our business. I am very sorry for what they have done but it is not the fault of the business men. Do not involve working men and women in this rather think, what can WE do to collect money into our countries? Shouldn't we learn and develop things beyond them? Remember Prophet Musa (A.S.) came from Firoon's palace. We must move forward, attain knowledge, technology and be powerful. We cannot sit in vengeance as Shytan takes advantage of our emotions. Remember who is the ultimate winner in all disharmonies. Muslims invented the decimal system yet now look; So many Muslims make various products yet we purchase non due to lack of fundings etc.

I have been covering a Christian man's shift for 2 hours for few days as he had to go to Church. It was a hassle for me [glad its finished!] but I did so anyway and told him to pray to God. Then little while ago with other non-Muslim racist colleagues he had a go at Muslims saying you are this you don't respect anyone calling everyone Kafir etc. I said look; if Muslims where so bad then why am I covering you so you can go to your Church? He felt ashamed. I said to others lets prove what Islam says about Kafir, I took the Quran opened Surah Kafiroon and read it to them. They also went quiet. You see we can make the difference quite easily with wisdom. Try to predict events. When I was doing my Salah yesterday my colleague laughed at me to my other colleague saying praying haha backwards. So I explained to them that out of them I have more technological knowledge hence I help them and tutor them to use it sometimes, so I am so advance and modern how can they call what I do backwards :o They agreed with my view!

A girl approached me saying you Muslims are backwards because you make your women cover themselves. I said look two things, 1) Why can't I wear shorts to work yet you wear a skirt. 2) If Muslims are so backwards why are you dressed like Wilma Flintsone :o.

The point is what we say, do, behave affects our image and by Allah one person can spread the worst to 10 others and so forth. What are we? Microsoft didn't fire even a bullet at Muslims. We do not have a choice but to do something. Two Israeli men invented PhP programming language. You know the point is be more powerful. Use their evil for your advancement and the create better technology so that we are not dependant.

Sorry just woke up, morning rant. See how frustrating I can be yet I take it out in such a way that even if Bush was reading this he would take heed :)

Ok thanks a lot for the advice brothers and sisters, I've decided to download OpenOffice as its free so thanks a lot for the advice, tbh I wasn't even aware such software existed. Having said that, I'm currently entering my second year of university and last year I did use Microsoft Office, as I did the same when in college. As a result I take it I should pay Microsoft anyway, but is it necessary to do so right away?

P.S. For those of you wondering why Office is costing me so much (in case I didn't mention this before), it's because I have a Mac and Microsoft Office is about twice as expensive on Mac.

1. I already use Linux and its associated software unless something runs only on Windows.

2. If you carefully read and analyze all the fatwas, rules, fiqh, etc. you might find everything is not so simple as: "copyright must be respected". You must take into account everything, including history, the actions and behaviour of Americans themselves when it came to respecting the copyrights of others, the American hostilities against Muslims, etc.

The US itself never respected copyright in its early years, it stole whatever it could from other countries. It was only when they started to create intellectual property themselves, that they started respecting copyrights and urging others to respect it.

Anyone who uses a pirated copy of MS Office is just doing what America did during its infant years. I cannot think you can blame them in all concience. A simple fatwa is too simplistic, because it does not take into account the entire story. Its like, "If someone steals cut his hand off" - but if a person stole because he was hungry and was too poor to afford food, you know he should be judged not guilty.

In the end the OP must weigh his decision between the alternatives:

1. Use a copy of MS Office without paying for its "license" - disobey a man made law made up by people who daily call for the murder of Muslims, the invasion of Muslim countries, the destruction of the Islamic nation, or

2. Provide money to an aggressive entity who has repeatedly called for the nuking of Mecca, and the extermination of all Muslims around the world, who have murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent people throughout the world, whose only crime was not submitting to them, who will use the money to murder innocent Muslim women, children, etc.

I, for one, refuse to hide behind simple and stupid excuses like "its against the law", and choose to look at the larger consequences of my actions. This reminds me of the people who say that Imam Hussain (as) was wrong to rise up against Yazid because Yazid was a Caliph, the majority were with him, etc. Those who are in favour of providing money to an aggressive murderous country, share the same way of thinking. Obey the law, even if it means you will help to murder innocent people. Don't think of the consequences, just put your head down and obey the law. Yazidi thinking.

This logic is completely flawed. Microsoft isn't "the US," it wasn't around during the "infant years" of America. You can't hold someone accountable for the actions of someone else, especially when they can't do anything about it. Is Imam Ali responsible for the actions of the early Islamic nation under the rule of Abubakr, Umar, or Uthman? Perhaps he should have been punished for not killing those 3 and taking the caliphate by force to prevent them from taking it? Or perhaps his children should have been punished, since according to your logic people can be held accountable to past actions of which they had no part.

If someone steals because he's hungry, I'm sure he will be judged accordingly, but if he has an alternative available to him and he decided to steal instead I'm sure he will be judged worse. The OP could very well get a job, he could ask people for money, he could pay for the student version of Office which is much cheaper than the full version. Is he saving money wherever he can to try and afford this? Maybe he should go to a less expensive university so he can afford these things.

Did intellectual property exist in Arabia 1400+ years ago? So how can there be anything other than a man made law to govern it? I suppose you're against following traffic laws as well. After all, those are man-made.

The fact is, you are benefiting from someone else's hard work without compensating them for it. You can try and justify it any way you want, but it is stealing.

Microsoft will not get any loses if you use their pirated softwares, on the contrary they will get more profits indirectly, because in fact, you are doing your part in microsoft's (and other capitalist copyright companies) strategy to keep its claws pierce on windows users and increasing its user base.

Open Office is dead, switch to Libre Office instead. Linux and Open source softwares FTW!!

Edited by 570