Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How To Impress A Woman To Marry You?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Haha it's kinda cool you want to know this but here is the thing, it's likely going to take years for you to get married. It's a very complicated thing that will need you to be able to do things in many ways.

As for this girl I wouldn't try at the moment, live your life and study hard, earn the grades and climb all the way to the career you want then you can get married easily :)

As to how to impress her be yourself, literally that's it. So many Muslim marriages fail because on of the partners tries to impress their desired person so they change themselves in order to do so. Then after they get married it's like "what happened :S"... Get me?

So be yourself and let women like you for who you are, the day that happens hopefully you will be financially stable and everything for you to go to the next step. But since you're still young do what I did at your age, improve your social skills, confidence, talents (if you have time), Knowledge (In Islam, Politics and something you like) and your health so start exercising and changing you diet. I'm turning 17 now and I can say these are some of the best choices I have ever made :)

Once you do all of these and you have a good career then you're set to go and what ever you want you'll hopefully be able to get it :)

Just never change your interests, aspirations or things like that for anyone, be you but improve your current qualities like I stated above.

Edited by Crimson

kid log off and get to studies

come after 10 years and ask same question....

when I was 14 year old, i was more worried about my math and quraan lessons, then perverting on some 13 year old. :lol:

That last part was really mean how is he being a perve

His a 14 year old thinking about marriage. Sounds ten times more mature then most of the guys on here.

OP your still young dont worry to much about getting her to be your bride just yet, focus on your studies and work on being a responsible mature person so that inshallah when you two are both old enough you can get married.

• Banned

That last part was really mean how is he being a perve

His a 14 year old thinking about marriage. Sounds ten times more mature then most of the guys on here.

OP your still young dont worry to much about getting her to be your bride just yet, focus on your studies and work on being a responsible mature person so that inshallah when you two are both old enough you can get married.

yes her highness queen victoria u are so correct, let him read this thread after 10 years and laugh....:)

Salam

First of all, I know I am 14, but there is this nice, modest girl that i may want to marry later on, and yea, I just want to know, how do I approach her to tell her that?

She has to like or be comfortable with your 1) lifestyle (what you do, your (future) job, your hobbies, your friends, your family, your location) and your 2) personality.

Its rare that someone as young as you would have a clear picture of the first. But its possible you are set and you know what want and how you will get what you want. But then will she be mature enough for you?

take care

• Advanced Member

Don't be yourself, be the best version of yourself.

Don't try to impress her, do your best in school then become succesfull at what you do so you can provide a good life for you and her.

If you still like the girl by that time (which would be awesome) go towards the girls parents and tell them you're interested in her=> you'd think they'd accept you right away??? NOPE there's one more thing!!! (if they're any decent parents anyway)

Its that they'd look at your Akhlaaq and Deen. So make sure you never slack on islam while trying to become a doctor or lawyer or whatever.

LASTLY: Always keep in mind that things don't always go as planned, so be prepared to be flexible in life.

All the above won't happen anyway... cuz most people give up very soon, are you like most people?

Edited by Jaysro

If you are serious about getting married, and want to get married to a religious girl, then don't worry about impressing her. Just be a good person and be modest (only for the sake of Allah, not her). Also, don't approach to her directly. Do it through the permission of her parents. This will make your status higher in her eyes since she realizes that you have humility and akhlaq. It is a pity that we mix culture with religion. Islam intended to make it easy for us to marry, but with our cultural values, it becomes very hard. I suggest you to drop the western ideology of impressing a girl and focus on how to be a good husband. Read books on marriage and how to raise a family. I think a religious girl appreciates a guy who does that rather than a guy who worries about impressing her. Now, I myself have not gotten married yet so I don't really know how girls truly are. However, based on lectures and books on marriage, I speculate that, for religious girls, guys who are religious are the most impressive and attractive. This goes for religious guys as well. But again, I could be wrong. Just my useless opinion.

Just as beauty is what men find most attractive in women, Social status is what women find most attractive in men.

• Advanced Member

kid log off and get to studies

come after 10 years and ask same question....

when I was 14 year old, i was more worried about my math and quraan lessons, then perverting on some 13 year old. :lol:

Im not "sexually" attracted to her

If you are serious about getting married, and want to get married to a religious girl, then don't worry about impressing her. Just be a good person and be modest (only for the sake of Allah, not her). Also, don't approach to her directly. Do it through the permission of her parents. This will make your status higher in her eyes since she realizes that you have humility and akhlaq. It is a pity that we mix culture with religion. Islam intended to make it easy for us to marry, but with our cultural values, it becomes very hard. I suggest you to drop the western ideology of impressing a girl and focus on how to be a good husband. Read books on marriage and how to raise a family. I think a religious girl appreciates a guy who does that rather than a guy who worries about impressing her. Now, I myself have not gotten married yet so I don't really know how girls truly are. However, based on lectures and books on marriage, I speculate that, for religious girls, guys who are religious are the most impressive and attractive. This goes for religious guys as well. But again, I could be wrong. Just my useless opinion.

Actually that is correct, in my opinion, because the girl I was interested in is religious and that attracted me big time lol

• Advanced Member

I believe Imam Ali (as) was about 15 when he married, so I don't see a problem with this if you and her are both mature. However, you would have to look at the legal laws of your country as well. First have your family talk to her family. If the girl accepts(the girl must accept willingly or else ur marriage can be null and void I think) then you guys can get engaged but if your country says its illegal to marry until you are 16, then wait until both of you are 16 or older to do the nikkah and wedding. I know 12 year olds with boyfriends and girlfriends and 13 year olds who have slept around(non Muslims) and 14 year old single girls who have kids!!!! so you guys need to chill that this young man is handling things in a halal way. Kudos to you bro. Though, in the nikkah contract you guys might have to agree on not having kids till both of you finish education but that's up to you guys. Read Marriage and Morals in Islam as well. It is available on the al-Islam site if you search it.

• Advanced Member

Brother, you have to get married right now. Do not tell the girl though, what you have to do is impress her parents. If you can convince her parents to force her into an arranged marriage, you are good to go.

You do want to do this according to tradition, not Islam, right?

:lol: :P

Im sure you are not serious....your post if full of pun but most of the members took you seriously ;) or perhaps you are serious :blink:

As for OP....develop a sober (as in level-headed and calm) and wise personality....but do retain a good amount of sense of humor. No matter what the disposition of a girl...she would always prefer a wise sober man over a frivolous cocky guy.

One more thing...do check her traits as well...dont fall for her just becuz shes pretty.

I believe Imam Ali (as) was about 15 when he married, so I don't see a problem with this if you and her are both mature. However, you would have to look at the legal laws of your country as well. First have your family talk to her family. If the girl accepts(the girl must accept willingly or else ur marriage can be null and void I think) then you guys can get engaged but if your country says its illegal to marry until you are 16, then wait until both of you are 16 or older to do the nikkah and wedding. I know 12 year olds with boyfriends and girlfriends and 13 year olds who have slept around(non Muslims) and 14 year old single girls who have kids!!!! so you guys need to chill that this young man is handling things in a halal way. Kudos to you bro. Though, in the nikkah contract you guys might have to agree on not having kids till both of you finish education but that's up to you guys. Read Marriage and Morals in Islam as well. It is available on the al-Islam site if you search it.

Mola Ali (A.S.) was 25-26 when he married Janab-e-Syeda (S.A.)...not 15

Rasool Allah (SAWW) was 25 when he married Janab-e-Khadeeja (S.A.)

Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain (S.A.A) were around 30 when they got married.

for men the right age of getting married is 25-30 (if hes able to stay away from indulging in carnal sins...if hes not then well! Allah naik tofeeq de...here naik-tofeeq is not the name of his wife)