Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
lifeanddeath

Lions In A Dream

Rate this topic

salam,

i had a dream that i was at my house and these was a lion following me trying to do harm or at least it seemed like it. i was getting away from him but i wasn't running, i was pretty calm not really frightened but there were about two times when i would loose the lion like i would be walking inside the house and the lion would follow me as i go to close the door the lion would just try and break down the door

but every time i overcame this lion and it seemed like i was stronger than the lion, though it took alot of strength to finally lock it out

any suggestions of what this could mean ?

Lion is imam ali. U ve to do nadr of imam ali.

Ur vry lucky. Imam doesn't come to anyone. Keep urself purified there is much more for u to c. :)

Was it Thursday nite?

Salam

Edited by Aftahb

I have been hesitant to reply to this topic, since I do not believe that I am a dream interpreter by any means, but it has been nagging at me since it was first posted.

When I read your dream, my thoughts were the the lion represents something in your life that presents an obstacle or problem for you. It could be anything from a person to a test to a circumstance, etc. Only you know what this thing is that the lion represents. Your act of overcoming the lion in the dream could mean either that you will overcome this thing that you face in real life, or the dream could simply have been a way for you to face and overcome the thing that you face in life (meaning that you may not actually overcome it in life, but your dream has allowed you to work through the problem in a safe environment).

Dreams such as this one are what I consider to be stress dreams. They reflect something in life that the individual is trying to work through in a safe environment. Facing and overcoming the issue in the dream can allow us to better face it in life.

A comment on the previous post about the lion representing Ali. The problem with applying symbols in that manner, is that do you really want to think of yourself as running away from Ali, shutting the door on him, and locking him out of your life? I would be cautious of such interpretations due to the implications of such.

I have been hesitant to reply to this topic, since I do not believe that I am a dream interpreter by any means, but it has been nagging at me since it was first posted.

When I read your dream, my thoughts were the the lion represents something in your life that presents an obstacle or problem for you. It could be anything from a person to a test to a circumstance, etc. Only you know what this thing is that the lion represents. Your act of overcoming the lion in the dream could mean either that you will overcome this thing that you face in real life, or the dream could simply have been a way for you to face and overcome the thing that you face in life (meaning that you may not actually overcome it in life, but your dream has allowed you to work through the problem in a safe environment).

Dreams such as this one are what I consider to be stress dreams. They reflect something in life that the individual is trying to work through in a safe environment. Facing and overcoming the issue in the dream can allow us to better face it in life.

A comment on the previous post about the lion representing Ali. The problem with applying symbols in that manner, is that do you really want to think of yourself as running away from Ali, shutting the door on him, and locking him out of your life? I would be cautious of such interpretations due to the implications of such.

Well its clearly connected with imam ali. But it could be that hes protecting and this person is running away from protection. Doing something that is taking imam away frm the person, or it could be imam is trying to guide n convince that im with u. U shouldnt worry and go on with ur plan. But one thing is clear lion is Imam Ali(a) . Just like quran verse has 10ss of meanings, this dream probably holds much more.

Well its clearly connected with imam ali. But it could be that hes protecting and this person is running away from protection. Doing something that is taking imam away frm the person, or it could be imam is trying to guide n convince that im with u. U shouldnt worry and go on with ur plan. But one thing is clear lion is Imam Ali(a) . Just like quran verse has 10ss of meanings, this dream probably holds much more.

I disagree that the lion is clearly Ali, or in taking a symbol, such as a lion, and applying it unequivocally with Ali.

Any way you slice it, for the user who posted this thread, if the lion is equated with Ali, then the implications for him are not positive. Even if the individual did not have doubts before, the suggestion of how he treated Ali in the dream is enough to raise doubts.

I agree that the dream holds more, but I would be very cautious about reading too much into the dream.

I disagree that the lion is clearly Ali, or in taking a symbol, such as a lion, and applying it unequivocally with Ali.

Any way you slice it, for the user who posted this thread, if the lion is equated with Ali, then the implications for him are not positive. Even if the individual did not have doubts before, the suggestion of how he treated Ali in the dream is enough to raise doubts.

I agree that the dream holds more, but I would be very cautious about reading too much into the dream.

Like the person above mentioned.. Success will come :) and yes Lion represents Imam Ali.

salam,

i had a dream that i was at my house and these was a lion following me trying to do harm or at least it seemed like it. i was getting away from him but i wasn't running, i was pretty calm not really frightened but there were about two times when i would loose the lion like i would be walking inside the house and the lion would follow me as i go to close the door the lion would just try and break down the door

but every time i overcame this lion and it seemed like i was stronger than the lion, though it took alot of strength to finally lock it out

any suggestions of what this could mean ?

(salam)

There are different kinds of dreams such as:

- muddled dreams, which have no meaning

- dreams based on subconscious thoughts, which have no meaning

- dreams which are caused by certain foods/drinks/medicines, which have no meaning

- premonitions in the form of dreams, which are interpreted literally (if forgotten, these become déjà vu)

- dreams involving deceased people or saints, which are interpreted literally

- dreams which display symbols/symbolic items which can be defined by a dream dictionary [like below]

- dreams which display lessons/morals/ideas and are not simply defined by the symbolic items

- dreams which are interpreted opposite to what was dreamt

Lion

If one dreamt of fighting a lion means one will fight and argue with an enemy or rival, and the one who was the winner will overcome.

Dreaming of being chased by a lion, but the lion was unable to reach one, means one will have fear by the governor or authority.

Deaming of running away from a lion without it chasing one, means one will be safe from a fear.

Dreaming of eating some lion meat, means one will be gifted something by the governor / authority.

Dreaming of being given a lion by a governor/authority, means one will be a governor/authority as well.

Dreaming of riding a lion means one will receive some dignity and rank.

Dreaming of milking a she-lion, means one will be a secretary / assistant.

If a woman dreamt she was milking a lion, she will oversee the governor / authority's child.

Dreaming of carrying a lion on ones back, means one will overcome the enemy.

Dreaming of being bitten by a lion, means one will be hurt by the enemy.

Dreaming of hugging a lion, means one will be the aid / support for the governor / authority.

Dreaming of eating food with a lion, means one will receive money from a governor / authority.

Lion may also mean: 1-a king, 2-a brave man, 3-a powerful enemy.

Approximate interpretation time table:

- Dreams that happened at exactly noon or midnight (in the summer time 1pm or 1am), will actualise on the same day; if a few minutes past those times, then a few days later.

- Dreams at 10-11 in the morning = 15-30 days later.

- Dreams at 3-4 in the evening = 1-2 months later.

- Dreams at 4-5 in the morning = a few days to 2 months later.

- Dreams at sunset are mostly not truthful, and are muddled dreams with no real interpretation.

- Some dreams in the Qur’an (Prophet Yusuf (as)’s dream about the sun, moon, and 11 planets bowing to him, (12:4)) was interpreted after 20 years, and other dreams of the Pharaoh's prisoners were interpreted on the same day, and past 7 years (12:36). The dream of Pharaoh about 7 thin cows and 7 fat cows interpreted from the next year to 14 years after (12:46).

Also:

- dreams on the 6th of the month will interpret after 1-2 days

- On the 9th, in the same day

- On the 10th, after 20 days

- On the 13th, after 9 days

- On the 14th, after 26 days

- On the 15th, after 3 days

- On the 16th, after 2 days

- On the 28th/29th/30th in the same day, but these are solar Persian days and you should convert them.

Bibliography:

1 - Principles of the dreams, by Daniel the prophet (as) (562-604 BC)

2 - Divisions of the dreams, by Imām al-Sādiq (as) (663-798 A.C)

3 - Generals of the dreams, by Muhammad ibn Sīrīn (690 A.C).

4 - Guides in the dreams, by Jābir ibn Hayyān (Father of the new chemistry)

5 - Interpretations, by Ibn Ash'as (840 A.C).

6 - Complete interpretations, by Habīsh Teflisi (1180 A.C).

7 - Treasures of the dreams (Al-Ma'mooni), by Abd al-Salām (963 A.C).

Ur vry lucky. Imam doesn't come to anyone. Keep urself purified there is much more for u to c. :)

Was it Thursday nite?

Salam

i've had many symbolic dreams in the last 2-3 years i am a very strong lover of Imam Ali and Ahlul Bayt peace and blessings be upon them, as well I am a Alweeya meaning i'm from the Holy Houshold of Rasulallah thank you for kindly replying to my thread :)

thank you for kindly replying to my post :) stress could be part of it no doubt about it but honestly i'm not very good at distinguishing between an enemy and a friend so Allah al ya3lam

(wasalam)

It means you will be strong and successful, inshaa'Allah

http://realtashayyu....-of-dreams.html

thank you dear brother I am convinced that this is the best answer yet in regards to applying to my situation :) strength and success have been very high in my life this far and thank you for answering my post :)

it means you are dreaming of abstract thought that are consciously or subconsciously in your mind, and basing such abstract dreams on real life descisions is not something any able minded person should do.

Actually, dream interpretation is legit. According to the Quran, Prophet Yusuf had the ability to explain dreams . I myself had tons...okay a few come out. Of course not all dreams mean something.

Read Fuan's post below for further detail :P

Was it Thursday nite?

Salam

This is not true. I've dreamed about Ali before :o it was him in person. Ali in a dream is Ali not a lion.

Dreaming of being chased by a lion, but the lion was unable to reach one, means one will have fear by the governor or authority.

Dreaming of running away from a lion without it chasing one, means one will be safe from a fear.

I think Fuan gave the best possible dream interpretation. Yes, lion represents ruler, tyrant, policemen. It depends on what the dreamer himself is and his current situation.

P.S I get my interpretations from Ibn Sirin.

Edited by Wing