In the Name of God بسم الله

Mursi, Just Another Monafiq Like Qaradhawi

Rate this topic

Noah-

• Veteran Member

Syria's delegation walked out of the conference room when Mr Mursi began speaking, Egyptian and Syrian media reported.

Mr Muallem said Mr Mursi's comments "violated the traditions of the summit and are considered interference in Syrian internal affairs".

He accused Mr Mursi of "inciting continued bloodshed in Syria".

Egypt has been holding the rotating Nam presidency and Mr Mursi was handing the duty over to Iran during his visit.

He used his speech to tell delegates of the 120-member body: "Our solidarity with the struggle of the Syrian people against an oppressive regime that has lost its legitimacy is an ethical duty, as it is a political and strategic necessity.

He compared the anti-government movement in Syrian to the Palestinians, saying they were both "actively seeking freedom, dignity and human justice", and said Egypt was "ready to work with all to stop the bloodshed".

Mr Mursi left Tehran shortly afterwards, Iranian media said. BBC

• Advanced Member
For the first time in his life in his speeches, he singles out Abubakar, Omar, Uthman.... and names them one by one, praising them, just because he is in Iran, and the host is Shia Iran lol what a sick person

If he actually did this he is an idiot. Egypt will have no progress with a president hell-bent on sticking it to other religions. Shows us where his priorities are.

Give him a year and he will lose any popularity and dignity he has. Honestly what kind of a person goes to a meeting about International Affairs and tries to bring up such petty religious differences. Some one who inst capable and without understanding.

Edited by pakistanyar

• Advanced Member

Funny how we Muslims criticized Mubarak for being a Zionist puppet.

The Muslim Brotherhood after all these years of oppression came into power at last only to display Mubarak-like colors.

The so called "Arab Nationalism" is a bigger joke than the French Resistence.

Also, Diplomacy wins, always.

Mr Mursi should get a grasp of this; or else, he will not get anywhere with the attitude of his.

Edited by GreyMatter

• Advanced Member

Ayatollah Khamenei issued a fatwa as to how we should not curse the first 3 Khalifah and the Prophet's wife.

This is all what you can come up with?

You guys need to stop beheading us, and stop murdering us in cold blood in dozens!

Instead of killing us in desperation, learn the Amman Messages and the Fatwa issued by Al-Azhar regarding the Jaffari Madhab.

• Advanced Member

If Iran wants to form alliance against U.S, Isreal and work towards uniting shia's and sunnis,

12ers shia need to stop cursing the Prophet's wives or Sahabah.

Apparently we are the aggressive angry bunch in your eyes. You seem the completely ignore the fact that Wahhabi s blow up our Masjids and behead our civilians in Pakistan. Kill civilians in mass bombings in Iraq. In fact even blow up Masjids in Iran. Even murdered a Cleric in Brussels.

But of course we are the ones that need to change our ways. Our actions are completely unacceptable. Honestly do you expect me to take you seriously? This is a joke.

Tell me what country your from, so ill give you links of attacks on Shias from that country.

Edited by pakistanyar

• Advanced Member

Mr mursi (and the MB) are wahhabies. Why is Iran thinking of making friendship with these guys. They are going to backstab us eventually. They are the sons of Muawiyah and Yazid. Dont the ayatollahs know they have to face Sayyeda Fatima Zahra (sa) when they die.

• Advanced Member

It was Khamenei who called Egypt an "Islamic Awakening".

He got what he wanted.

You all should be happy.

Apparently we are the aggressive angry bunch in your eyes. You seem the completely ignore the fact that Wahhabi s blow up our Masjids and behead our civilians in Pakistan. Kill civilians in mass bombings in Iraq. In fact even blow up Masjids in Iran. Even murdered a Cleric in Brussels.

But of course we are the ones that need to change our ways. Our actions are completely unacceptable. Honestly do you expect me to take you seriously? This is a joke.

Tell me what country your from, so ill give you links of attacks on Shias from that country.

Normal regular Sunnis shouldn't be blamed for what the Wahhabis did or do.

Normal Sunnis did never even attack Shias ever, nor do they support such attacks.

We just don't like how you demonize our Caliphs and other respected figures like Khaled bin Walid, Salahaddin, Amro bin Aas, etc.

Edited by Professor Higgins

• Advanced Member

If Iran wants to form alliance against U.S, Isreal and work towards uniting shia's and sunnis,

Mursi's speech

Sounds like a plan....How about a little goodwill first. Why dont you liberate your Ahlesunnah brothers of Palestine first since they have never cursed the prophet (Saww) wives or the Sahabah.

• Veteran Member

Alliance against Isreal with the allies of Israel? That must be the end of the world. Egypt, Saudi, Qatar, Morocco, Jordan, and many more puppet states are ALLIES of Israel, not the ones to form alliance against Israel.

As Logic said, go and free your own countries first; Mubarak is gone, another puppet took seat and decided to keep everything going as it was in times of Mubarak. Islamic Awakening that went to wrong directions is not something that we are interested in the Muslim world.

Open the borders with Israel and allow food and weapons to reach to your AHLE SUNNAH BROTHERS if you are not cowards. Why do you act as cowards and call upon Iran when it comes to real wars against real countries? You Salafis are a bunch of losers who are only good to explode yourselves in Shia mosques or Suffi shrines or behead an unarmed innocent person for religious differences..

Egypt with 80 million population, majority Ikhwanist and Salafist followers witnessed the humiliation and massacre of their sisters and mothers next door for 60 years.

You always had the excuses that Mubarak or Gaddafi or some others never allowed you to help Palestine or fight Israel, what now?

• Advanced Member

Alliance against Isreal with the allies of Israel? That must be the end of the world. Egypt, Saudi, Qatar, Morocco, Jordan, and many more puppet states are ALLIES of Israel, not the ones to form alliance against Israel.

You could have formed a strategic alliance with Consertive Sunni World, but instead you have formed a political alliance with small shia groups Hisbu'Allah and yemen houthi rebels.

Iran has played right into their hands, (consertive sunnis,extremist wahabis, and the Zion-america Gulf states) they're all uniting against Iran.

Edited by dnfo

• Advanced Member

You could have formed a strategic alliance with Consertive Sunni World, but instead you have formed a political alliance with small shia groups Hisbu'Allah and yemen houthi rebels.

This "small shia group" broke the myth of Israel being undefeatable. Remember the 6 day war against Israel? Remember the casualties and the hard spanking they got? Obviously the states involved surely do as they are sitting on corners like rats.

• Veteran Member

Iran has played right into their hands, (consertive sunnis,extremist wahabis, and the Zion-america Gulf states) they're all uniting against Iran.

An alliance with who and for what? Didn't you read my reply? An alliance with people against the same people? The conservative Sunni Islam is funded and backed by Saudi who is one of the most Zionist state and enemy of Shias. An alliance with the Zionist puppets against Zionists? Isn't that stupid?

Those Sunnis who tried to tell us that they are not sectarian and anti-Zionist, like those in Palestine, they all received positive responds from Iran, a Shia Islamic state. But, now it turned out that they are all sectarian-killers and Saudis' puppets like their brothers in AQ.

I wish Iran had the brain to help groups like Houthis instead, it should have helped and created an armed wing for Shias of Bahrain instead, it should helped-form a radical anti-Saudi group in Iraq and in many more places... But, instead it focused on wrong people in different countries.. So yes, you are lying...

The lack of media support, a cheap-view of human suffering, and the carelessness of most Shias, including Iran made me really disappointed while I was following the war on Northern Yemen back in 2009-2010.

Also, it is not about conservative Sunnis, it is about 'conservative Sunni ARABS who have nationalistic disease as well' who strongly oppose Shias and Iran... And those who are fed by the money and media of these Sunni Arabs.

Anyhow, the good thing is that Mubarak IS GONE and Ikhwanists are IN POWER. That is what really needed and then we leave the rest of the problems to them to deal with. Iran and especially Shias have nothing really in common with Egypt or Morocco or Libya...

The first move for Iran and Shias if they were smart enough is to take AN EXIT from these Sunni-western conflicts such as that in Palestine.. Then focus completely on empowering Shias, supporting them, militarizing them if needed depending on their regions and needs, and fund them..... Help Syria to stand again on its feet and target these Takfiri dogs and their centers via Syria. A golden opportunity the times and conflicts provided.

Edited by Noah-

• Veteran Member
We just don't like how you demonize our Caliphs and other respected figures like Khaled bin Walid, Salahaddin, Amro bin Aas, etc.

And now you little Baathist is jumping up-and-down supporting an Ikhwani? LOL Why I am not surprised!

Listen, even that I am coming from a religious background, in my entire life, I never saw the need to say, curse or etc... against your caliphs or other so called respected figures, but the other day when I was watching Mursi live from PressTv started with BS, it made me for the first time to bash your respected religious figure anywhere I find the chance. It was a form of provocation like a vulgar does, not a president of a country who supposed to attend an international event with 120 members.

He was invited and had to give his speech to hand over the presidency of NAM from Egypt who was holding it for the last 3 years to Iran who will be heading it for the next 3 years. Not to start like a low-life unprofessional cleric and bring in his religious disputes with Shias or Iran in such an event.

How Ahmadinejad might sound if he goes to Turkey or Saudi and in the start of his speech begin with condemning those who attacked the daughter of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)? To praise Imam Ali in his all battles, especially in the battle of Jamal? To begin an international event that he must formally begin (with 120 members whose majority members are non-Muslims) and have nothing to do with Shia-Sunni issues!

Thank God, AN with some of the difficulties he has in his speeches, never mentioned Bahrain or Takfiris Salafi terrorists in Syria, or the oppression of Shias in Saudis... Because he is the respectful president of a great nation who demonstrates a great value of culture and professionalism when it is required in places like this. He was straight forward with the little background on NAM, the objective of NAM and the main goal of the events in a professional manner.

Edited by Noah-

• Advanced Member

Morsi won't last. The fact that he flirted with people who had high positions in the Mubarak regime isn't really helping his cause. Tantawi one of the military heads was promoted as Morsi's advisor LOL!

In some interviews it seems like some Egyptian people are already prepared to kick Morsi's teeth in if he doesn't follow demands especially since the crowd noticed the military hasn't been removed yet.

• Moderators

I wouldn't write him off just yet. Yes, as a Shia, I did disagree with his comments about Omar, Abu Bakr, and Syria. Up to this point, he is not exactly like Mubarak. Here are some significant differences

1) He actually came to Iran, something Mubarak never did. Also, He sat in the front row and met with Rahbar.

2) He reopened Rafah. He said it would be opened permenantly starting Sunday.

3) He accepted that there is going to be a popular referendum regarding the peace treaty with the Zionist Occupiers. This is something Mubarak never did

4) He enjoys wide popular support among the Egyptian people. Mubarak was an imposed dictator with very little popular support, except among certain segments of the armed forces.

So I am taking a wait and see approach to Morsi. I have to see what he does with Rafah and the upcoming referendum before I make my decision. I personally think that Morsi is still testing the waters with regards to the US and Iran. He is seeing which side he wants to align himself with and hasn't made his decision yet.

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member

I wouldn't write him off just yet. Yes, as a Shia, I did disagree with his comments about Omar, Abu Bakr, and Syria. Up to this point, he is not exactly like Mubarak. Here are some significant differences

1) He actually came to Iran, something Mubarak never did. Also, He sat in the front row and met with Rahbar.

3) He accepted that there is going to be a popular referendum regarding the peace treaty with the Zionist Occupiers. This is something Mubarak never did

4) He enjoys wide popular support among the Egyptian people. Mubarak was an imposed dictator with very little popular support, except among certain segments of the armed forces.

So I am taking a wait and see approach to Morsi. I have to see what he does with Rafah and the upcoming referendum before I make my decision. I personally think that Morsi is still testing the waters with regards to the US and Iran. He is seeing which side he wants to align himself with and hasn't made his decision yet.

lol no.

His stance toward Syria was extremely firm. It came out of the blue. He has some agenda going on. He wants all the attention of the Sunni world. On top of that, why would he have relations with the Egyptian military? Why did he promote that Nubian as his adviser? He's as deceptive as Anwar Sadat who promised he would defeat Israel then a few years later shakes hands and bends over to them.

He's an opportunist like Erdogan.

He's opened up with Iran on economic basis only, not political nor religious related reasons.

• Veteran Member

Salam,

We as a Shia community should not really care, expect or celebrate what might happen to Egypt. Yes, good that Mubarak is gone.. What he said and how he behaved only demonstrated the culture and level of professionalism the Arabs (especially Egypt who somehow takes pride), no damage were done to Shias.

1) -NAM is an event that heads of states usually attend, doesn't matter usually where... Iranian high officials were present in NAM when Egypt hosted. It never happened in Iran, so we never know if Mubarak was to attend.

-He sat in front row not because he was especial or because he enjoyed, but because Egypt was holding NAM presidency and officially it was supposed to be handed over to Iranian officials who will lead NAM for the next 3 years. And Indian PM was seated in front row because he had to give his speech as a founding-member.

-He did not meet Ayatollah Khamenei. After a few hours he left Iran.

2) and 3) and 4)... bro these issues are not really of our concerns! These things are taking place just as a show-off to make people believe there are some changes. Fact or fiction, Shias should not focus or care much! None of my business if Salafi Egyptians are opening the border to Palestinian Salafis... Why should I sacrifice my life and chant against Israel day/night because Egypt signed a deal to sell Palestine or sell Sunnis?

Do you think Egypt will ever put the country in danger to support Palesitnians with weapons and support them in the battle against Israel like Hizb in Lebanoon and the Iranian government are doing? NEVER! Money is going easily to direct Egypt what direction to go, it did during Mubarak, and it is the same now... The money which different countries put forward in the last 3 months enabled Mursi to what direction and position take in Iran. And Egypt just like Pakistan, Afg and some other states are used to these dramas and business, to live by others' politics and make money on these issues like a little beggar.

Video-clip of Mursi saying nonsense about Egypt-Iran relation and on Syria a few months ago!

This guy wants to sell Egypt's relations to others like some kind of rewards or something that really Iran or others need them who cannot live without :D

Edited by Noah-

lol gtfo of here with your shirk innovations. Where in the Quran does it say to unconditionally worship Sahabah or the Prophet's wives? You people believe Sahabah are higher than the Prophet (pbuh) himself. The Quran cursed Abu Lahab for being an enemy of Islam and also condemned Aisha and Hafsa.

"When the Prophet confided unto one of his wives a matter, but when she divulged it (unto others) and Allah apprised him therefore, he made known a part of it and avoided a part; so when he informed her of it, said she: ‘Who informed thee of this?’ He said: ‘Informed, me, the All-Knowing, the All-Aware’. If you both (women) repent to Allah, (it is better for you), for your hearts have swerved from the right path and if you supported each other against the Prophet, you should know that Allah is his Protector, and after Him Gabriel and the righteous believers and the angels are his companions and helpers. Happily his Lord if he divorceth you, will give him in your place wives better than you, submissive, faithful, obedient, repentant, prayerful, observers of fast, widows and virgins."

(Surah at-Tahrim, Ayat 3-5)

"Perish the hands of Abu Lahab, and perish he! Neither his wealth availed him, nor what he had earned. Soon he will enter the blazing fire,

and his wife [too], the firewood carrier, with a rope of palm fibre around her neck."

(Surah al-Masad, Ayat 1-5)

Narrated Abu Bakra:

The Messenger of Allah said, “Some persons from amongst Those who accompanied and saw me will meet me at the Lake-Font. They will be presented to me. But then, they will be blocked away from me. I will say, ‘O my Lord! My Sahabah! My Sahabah!’ It will be said, “You do not know what innovations they introduced after your death.’”

SAHIH hadith:

“O Messenger of Allah! is there anyone better than us? We embraced Islam with you and performed Jihad with you.” He said, “Yes, they are a group who will coem after you, who will believe in me although they did not see me.''

Even within Sunnism loving Sahabah is a contradiction. Muawiya, your beloved 'Sahabah' and Sunni Caliph, murdered scores of other Sahabah. lol But that's no problem for you, right? Many of the 'Sahabah' were also apostates (altough all Sunnis are apostates, I'm only talking about people to converted to religions other than Sunni or Shia). Look up Rubay'at ibn Umayah.

Shias (real Muslims) want Sunnis to unite with them in the sense that Sunnis should be in solidarity and support them in their cause, the same way Christians, Jews, etc, etc. should also 'unite' with Muslims. Now, if you can stop worshipping Sahabah and Aisha for two minutes, go learn about Islam, kiddie.

http://www.shiachat....m/#entry2458318

Edited by AllahAkbar

• Advanced Member

The first move for Iran and Shias if they were smart enough is to take AN EXIT from these Sunni-western conflicts such as that in Palestine.. Then focus completely on empowering Shias, supporting them, militarizing them if needed depending on their regions and needs, and fund them..... Help Syria to stand again on its feet and target these Takfiri dogs and their centers via Syria. A golden opportunity the times and conflicts provided.

Iran's Safavids agenda is not something new.

Those Iranian officials who talk about Shia Sunni muslims Unity last 20 years you had the opportunity to create an alliance with the big Islamic parties or with the Sunni Schollars in Pakistan,Egypt,indonesi,,,,,.

And yes gulf states are allied with zion-america but now, thanks to Iran Saudi Arabia pretends to be a hero sunni champion standing in front of the enemy the Safavids.

• Veteran Member

^ dnfo,

You are repeating the same nonsesne without reading others' replies. I already answered your remarks.

Why the so called Sunnis, Sunni scholars, groups and countries do not form an alliance and leave Shias alone? First, if the problem is not with Sunnis themselves, if Safavids are the only problem, then what is the problem within Sunnis themselves for creating an independent alliance and defend the so called world of (Sunni Ummah)?

Isn't it the Sunni Ummah who also suffers the most and are enslaved by world powers in every corner of the world?

Edited by Noah-

• Advanced Member

^ dnfo,

You are repeating the same nonsesne without reading others' replies. I already answered your remarks.

Why the so called Sunnis, Sunni scholars, groups and countries do not form an alliance and leave Shias alone? First, if the problem is not with Sunnis themselves, if Safavids are the only problem, then what is the problem within Sunnis themselves for creating an independent alliance and defend the so called world of (Sunni Ummah)?

Isn't it the Sunni Ummah who also suffers the most and are enslaved by world powers in every corner of the world?

leaves us alone, Yemen and syria belong to Arabs Sunnis.

I believe there is going to be world war soon, sheik Imran Hosein is right.

lol gtfo of here with your shirk innovations. Where in the Quran does it say to unconditionally worship Sahabah or the Prophet's wives? You people believe Sahabah are higher than the Prophet (pbuh) himself. The Quran cursed Abu Lahab for being an enemy of Islam and also condemned Aisha and Hafsa.

"When the Prophet confided unto one of his wives a matter, but when she divulged it (unto others) and Allah apprised him therefore, he made known a part of it and avoided a part; so when he informed her of it, said she: ‘Who informed thee of this?’ He said: ‘Informed, me, the All-Knowing, the All-Aware’. If you both (women) repent to Allah, (it is better for you), for your hearts have swerved from the right path and if you supported each other against the Prophet, you should know that Allah is his Protector, and after Him Gabriel and the righteous believers and the angels are his companions and helpers. Happily his Lord if he divorceth you, will give him in your place wives better than you, submissive, faithful, obedient, repentant, prayerful, observers of fast, widows and virgins."

(Surah at-Tahrim, Ayat 3-5)

"Perish the hands of Abu Lahab, and perish he! Neither his wealth availed him, nor what he had earned. Soon he will enter the blazing fire,

and his wife [too], the firewood carrier, with a rope of palm fibre around her neck."

(Surah al-Masad, Ayat 1-5)

Narrated Abu Bakra:

The Messenger of Allah said, “Some persons from amongst Those who accompanied and saw me will meet me at the Lake-Font. They will be presented to me. But then, they will be blocked away from me. I will say, ‘O my Lord! My Sahabah! My Sahabah!’ It will be said, “You do not know what innovations they introduced after your death.’”

SAHIH hadith:

“O Messenger of Allah! is there anyone better than us? We embraced Islam with you and performed Jihad with you.” He said, “Yes, they are a group who will coem after you, who will believe in me although they did not see me.''

Even within Sunnism loving Sahabah is a contradiction. Muawiya, your beloved 'Sahabah' and Sunni Caliph, murdered scores of other Sahabah. lol But that's no problem for you, right? Many of the 'Sahabah' were also apostates (altough all Sunnis are apostates, I'm only talking about people to converted to religions other than Sunni or Shia). Look up Rubay'at ibn Umayah.

Shias (real Muslims) want Sunnis to unite with them in the sense that Sunnis should be in solidarity and support them in their cause, the same way Christians, Jews, etc, etc. should also 'unite' with Muslims. Now, if you can stop worshipping Sahabah and Aisha for two minutes, go learn about Islam, kiddie.

http://www.shiachat....m/#entry2458318

different versions,different stories, about the same events.

Sunnis believe shiasm started during the reign of Uthman (ra)

Edited by dnfo

• Veteran Member

leaves us alone, Yemen and syria belong to Arabs Sunnis.

I believe there is going to be world war soon, sheik Imran Hosein is right.

We never prevented you from anything. You are the ones who like barking dogs are after Shias.

In Syria we have Shias, in Yemen we have Shias whose rights must be protected. They DO NOT BELONG TO SUNNI ARABS. We have large number of Shia populations...in Yemen, Bahrain, Syria, Saudi, Lebanon and it is OUR business.

When I said leave us alone, I am talking about regarding your problems that should be your own concern and leave us alone...and if you are making excuses and excuses for disunity of Muslims and blame Iran and Shias, I say leave us alone and just make your own unity...free and make yourselves independent first..that should be enough help for your own countries. Iran this or that, Safavids, Shias and etc... what about Sunnis vs Sunnis? Go stop killing of Sunnis under the name of Suffi, Salafi, Wahabi and etc..

• Moderators

Salam,

We as a Shia community should not really care, expect or celebrate what might happen to Egypt. Yes, good that Mubarak is gone.. What he said and how he behaved only demonstrated the culture and level of professionalism the Arabs (especially Egypt who somehow takes pride), no damage were done to Shias.

1) -NAM is an event that heads of states usually attend, doesn't matter usually where... Iranian high officials were present in NAM when Egypt hosted. It never happened in Iran, so we never know if Mubarak was to attend.

-He sat in front row not because he was especial or because he enjoyed, but because Egypt was holding NAM presidency and officially it was supposed to be handed over to Iranian officials who will lead NAM for the next 3 years. And Indian PM was seated in front row because he had to give his speech as a founding-member.

-He did not meet Ayatollah Khamenei. After a few hours he left Iran.

2) and 3) and 4)... bro these issues are not really of our concerns! These things are taking place just as a show-off to make people believe there are some changes. Fact or fiction, Shias should not focus or care much! None of my business if Salafi Egyptians are opening the border to Palestinian Salafis... Why should I sacrifice my life and chant against Israel day/night because Egypt signed a deal to sell Palestine or sell Sunnis?

Do you think Egypt will ever put the country in danger to support Palesitnians with weapons and support them in the battle against Israel like Hizb in Lebanoon and the Iranian government are doing? NEVER! Money is going easily to direct Egypt what direction to go, it did during Mubarak, and it is the same now... The money which different countries put forward in the last 3 months enabled Mursi to what direction and position take in Iran. And Egypt just like Pakistan, Afg and some other states are used to these dramas and business, to live by others' politics and make money on these issues like a little beggar.

Video-clip of Mursi saying nonsense about Egypt-Iran relation and on Syria a few months ago!

This guy wants to sell Egypt's relations to others like some kind of rewards or something that really Iran or others need them who cannot live without :D

Alekum Salam,

Look, I am not saying he isn't a munafiq, I am just saying we should wait to see what he does first before making the final decision. Words are just words, and there might be a reason why he is saying these words different than what you think.

Also, Press T.V. reported that he met with Rahbar, I heard it myself. PressTV is an Iranian station.

Also, regarding NAM. He didn't have to go himself. Some countries sent lower level delegations. He could have sent his V.P or someone from his cabinet instead of going himself. Other countries did this. The fact that he went, despite the tremendous pressure he is under from this U.S. and Israel not to go, takes courage and we should at least give him credit for that.

What did you expect him to do, recite Ziyarat Ashura and Praise Bashar Asad ?

The vast majority of Egyptians are Sunni and there is a large Salafi element within his own party.

They would cut off his head the next day if he did anything close to that.

I'm sure he is getting a tremendous amount of flax from his own party just for going, not to mention what he is getting from the U.S. / Israel.

Like I said, let's not be quick to judge. Let's see what he does, not what he says, in the next few month.

Also, we should be concerned what happens to our brothers in Gaza. They are not all Salafi head choppers and there are many mumin there, I know because I have friends who went there. Also, there is a significant population of Shia also, although they are in Taqiyya now because of current circumstances. Don't lump everyone into one group. that is a mistake.

Also, If he is trying to force Iran into some kind of unacceptable relationship, then that is foolish on his part.

Iran has shown, for 30 years, that they can do just fine with no relationship with Egypt. He is well aware that Iran does not need Egypt in order to survive and prosper, but will only build and maintain a relationship on terms that are acceptable to the Iranian people, i.e. an equal relationship based on mutual respect and interests of both countries. If he is not willing to build it on that basis, they can go another 30 years without this relationship, what makes him think they couldn't ? In the last 30 years (with the exception of the last year or so) Egypt has regressed both economically, politically, and socially while Iran has made tremendous progress in all these areas. So it would seem that Egypt needs Iran more than Iran needs Egypt. I think he realizes that and if he doesn't, then he is just foolish, but I'll wait and see to make that decision.

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member

Sometimes I forget whether I am on jerusalempost or shiachat.

Lets not forget that, unlike Iran, Egypt is not blessed with OIL or other natural resources whose sale could make the American and American led Organizations' aid money to Egypt unnecessary. But reality is that Egypt is very much in need of US cash and WB or IMF loans to sustain itself. Its absurd to expect Morsi put all that in jeopardy.

ie, Morsi has decided that its in Egypt's best interests to be a prostitute, and sell its values for money. Enjoy a comfortable life for a small amount of time, before the consequences hit.