Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AlAbd AlThaleel

Imam Musa Sadr, His Companions Still Alive

Rate this topic

Something you want to share?

Weren't they reporting on the death of one of the Saudi princes or the king a while back? Then come to find out he is not dead?

Weren't they reporting on the death of one of the Saudi princes or the king a while back? Then come to find out he is not dead?

Are they not allowed to make mistakes? They're not ma'sumeen...

Other news stations accidentally make false reports too.

Those were from unconfirmed reports anyway.

Anyway, this has been on other news channels. I've seen it on Lebanese networks too.

Edited by jund_el_Mahdi

Other news stations accidentally make false reports too.

Those were from unconfirmed reports anyway.

Anyway, this has been on other news channels. I've seen it on Lebanese networks too.

Oh really what were the Lebanese networks? I haven't seen it on any.

http://www.nna-leb.g....aspx?id=433623

NNA - 28/8/2012 - Foreign Minister, Adnan Mansour, on Tuesday denied having said that Imam Moussa Sadr and his comrades, Sheikh Mohammad Yaacoub and journalist Abbas Badreddine, were still alive in Libya, as media outlets quoted him as stating.

"Some media means attributed to Minister Mansour, currently present in Tehran to participate in the meetings of the Non-Aligned Movement, statements that Imam Sadr and his comrades are still alive in Libya," a statement by Mansour's press office said today.

"Minister Mansour flatly denies, part and parcel, these sayings, and confirms that they are untrue and that he did not give any statement about this affair to any media means," the statement clarified.

It also called upon media to remain objective and responsible, and to verify news before circulating them.

R.A.H.

© NNA 2012 All rights reserved

Edited by ImAli

Just for the record there were other news outlet reporting the very same thing.

Making mistakes is one thing (though as a news network you then have a responsibility to retract afterwards, which I'd be curious if PressTV has _ever_ done), making up stories out of thin air, or reporting wild improbable rumors as facts is quite another.

Just for the record there were other news outlet reporting the very same thing.

Which I'd imagine they got off of PressTV.

Which I'd imagine they got off of PressTV.

Your imagination is running wild then...It was initially reported from Voltaire outlet and others as well. They all claimed it was from an "unconfirmed source" meaning it could be true or false.

Making mistakes is one thing (though as a news network you then have a responsibility to retract afterwards, which I'd be curious if PressTV has _ever_ done), making up stories out of thin air, or reporting wild improbable rumors as facts is quite another.

Your curiosity would have been long answered if you actually cared to verify it yourself.

Here is a quote from the very start

"The Paris-based Voltaire Network confirmed the death of 63-year-old Prince Bandar on its website on Monday, citing unofficial sources.

The international non-profit organization, which publishes a free website (voltairenet.org) in eight languages, said that Prince Bandar was killed because of his role in the July 18 deadly bombing in Damascus. "

Here is a comment from 31st July

observer

Jul 31, 2012 11:4 PM

this news is too good to be true,but I hope it's true

^ Since it was not a confirmed source it was left out in the open. Since you have an issue with mistakes i am assuming you will be less critical of presstv the next time around :-)

Edited by Logic

Your imagination is running wild then...It was initially reported from Voltaire outlet and others as well. They all claimed it was from an "unconfirmed source" meaning it could be true or false.

Your curiosity would have been long answered if you actually cared to verify it yourself.

Here is a quote from the very start

"The Paris-based Voltaire Network confirmed the death of 63-year-old Prince Bandar on its website on Monday, citing unofficial sources.

The international non-profit organization, which publishes a free website (voltairenet.org) in eight languages, said that Prince Bandar was killed because of his role in the July 18 deadly bombing in Damascus. "

Here is a comment from 31st July

observer

Jul 31, 2012 11:4 PM

this news is too good to be true,but I hope it's true

^ Since it was not a confirmed source it was left out in the open. Since you have an issue with mistakes i am assuming you will be less critical of presstv the next time around :-)

Actually, I wasn't even thinking of that story, but thanks for pointing out another fabricated story that PressTV has passed along. I was thinking of this one that recently they came out with:

which then all these other smaller news sites repeated, based solely off of PressTV's claim.

I was thinking of this one that recently they came out with:

http://www.shiachat....sive-care-unit/

which then all these other smaller news sites repeated, based solely off of PressTV's claim.

What was fabricated here?

"Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz has been admitted to an intensive care unit in a hospital.

On Saturday, Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz, the half brother of Saudi King Abdullah was announced dead."

Yes, King Abdullah was admitted to an intensive care unit several times in last 10 months, and yes Nayef bin Abdul Aziz was announced dead, they even had a funeral for the guy if you missed it.

And when it comes to Bandar, they (paris based or whatever) claimed that he was either wounded or killed, and since that day no one seen him in public...

During the Mecca summit a few weeks ago, we saw King Abdullah who could barely walk or talk, and no one seen Bandar even in that event.

What was fabricated here?

"Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz has been admitted to an intensive care unit in a hospital.

On Saturday, Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz, the half brother of Saudi King Abdullah was announced dead."

Yes, King Abdullah was admitted to an intensive care unit several times in last 10 months, and yes Nayef bin Abdul Aziz was announced dead, they even had a funeral for the guy if you missed it.

He has been in and out of ICU since 2010 so this would not really be out of the norm. Without more details its hard to say what really transpired.

Bottom line is that there is no newpaper which sells truth instead they are tools of propaganda and sensationalism. I dont see why PressTV alone gets beat up for it .

IMO, the only reason why we hear so many reports that hes still alive is to deliberately mislead his supporters into thinking their is still hope, this way it keeps his memory fresh in the public's mind so that the relevant authorities are pressured to continuing their investigation that will lead to finalizing a closure to this issue once and for all, and that will be once he and his companions remains are discovered so that they are repatriated for proper burial.

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Hoooorayyyyyy!!!! Praiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!! Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-42979-0-05098200-1346232030_thumb.j

:unsure: ...I don't know weather to find that photo amusing or offensive, some things shouldn't be joked about!

you ppl are not serious

joking around with the topic of this imam whom people have been waiting for FOR YEARS to return.

Grow the hell up, this is not a time to joke around or talk TRASH

If he is alive, May god protect him and help him thats that.

PressTV is the best NEWS channel out there and thats why they keep trying to shut it down

It has never lied to me, all reports have been proven true after all and I am a witness because half you morons called some stuff false when PressTV announced it

then all the news channels announced it and everyone believed it, BUZZZZZZZZZZ OFF!

And BTW

PressTV is and was the first to announce the other day that King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia left for a special vacation type of trip

Then more news channels started announcing that as well.

Most of you probably missed it due to your PressTV hating rights, but they are on top and ON TRACK

(salam)

you ppl are not serious

joking around with the topic of this imam whom people have been waiting for FOR YEARS to return.

Take it easy bro, the intentions of the brother was not bad or to joke around...However, I don't agree with the picture either, especially when it is going to show up on google-image search under the name of Imam Musa Sadr.

you ppl are not serious

PressTV is the best NEWS channel out there and thats why they keep trying to shut it down

It has never lied to me, all reports have been proven true after all and I am a witness because half you morons called some stuff false when PressTV announced it

then all the news channels announced it and everyone believed it, BUZZZZZZZZZZ OFF!

And BTW

PressTV is and was the first to announce the other day that King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia left for a special vacation type of trip

Most of you probably missed it due to your PressTV hating rights, but they are on top and ON TRACK

(salam)

That is why it put words in Mansour's mouth which Mansour didn't say?

That is why it put words in Mansour's mouth which Mansour didn't say?

I wouldnt put any stocks in Arab diplomats/politicians. They are known for having dual views. Read through the cache of wikileaks and its quite apparent they are a bunch of clowns.

I think news agencies shouldn't put out articles about him being alive unless they have accurate information. It could be insulting and offensive especially if he's not alive.

There is no such thing as accurate or balanced news reporting anymore in this day and age..what a shame!

This is all so the dirty politicians who are still using his name, to keep their scams going, can keep ripping the people off !!!!!

That is why

Labayk ya Sadr, Labayk Ya Nasrallah

Lebanese politicians are the kings of ripping people off, each one of them from Berri to gamayal, they are all freinds pretending to hate one another while they make themselves billions out of carving Lebanon's money up while they promote themselves as being the ones that their sects can rely on.

But I believe in this instance the original source of this claim came from Rabab Al Sadr, the clerics sister, which i sympathize with, I personally believe the Politicians are probably hoping this issue will just disappear or be forgotten about so they can get on with other things like ripping off Lebanon and making their billions, this is why supporters are making these leaks and even like we have just witnessed, attributing quotes and claims to politicians like Mansour who havn't even said anything, so that he and others like him will get off their backsides or grow enough "courage" to really pressure the Libyan authorities to find out what happened and where he is. It is important the issue stays fresh in peoples minds until this happens, so that there is closure for his family and his supporters, Sadr the cleric sacrificed so much for Lebanon and he deserves to have a shrine built where his remains lie, inshallah this can be possible.

I wouldnt put any stocks in Arab diplomats/politicians. They are known for having dual views. Read through the cache of wikileaks and its quite apparent they are a bunch of clowns.

I'm glad that you see only Arab politicians as dual faced, the rest of the globe's politicians are angels in the form of man... Like who's your worldwide fav politician, who's your idol? Tell us tell us... Jheez...

you ppl are not serious

And BTW

(salam)

Sorry to disappoint but no.

I'm glad that you see only Arab politicians as dual faced, the rest of the globe's politicians are angels in the form of man... Like who's your worldwide fav politician, who's your idol? Tell us tell us... Jheez...

Since you insist....

Call me biased but i really like Ahmedinijad. The man is humble, brave enough to get in front of UN and start his speech with salutation to Imam Mehdi (as), speak about injustice and as per what i know he does not dip into his country wealth as his private fund. I can agree that he is lacking in some departments but atleast he has a backbone compared to the Arab leaders.

@ Gepetto_Zapata - no to what

@ Ricky-Dee - haram alyak, your sending blessings on someone who is not confirmed dead, especially since his family is fighting everyday to find his whereabouts

@ ALL OF YOU, exercise patience and try to relax, this man could be alive. Dont let your foolish beliefs or shaytanic thoughts blur your vision.

If he's dead, he will be declared dead sooner or later, but if hes alive, then shame on most of you who just jumped to conclusions.