Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

(salam)

Ibn Munzar quotes from Qasim ibn Muhammad that he said: “some people asked Muawiyah about two sisters who are bondwomen of a person and he goes to bed with both of them. Muawiyah said that:

"áíÓ ÈÐÇᘠÈÇÓ"

“There is no problem”

Nu’man ibn Bashir heard this and asked Muawiyah that: “Did you issue this fatwa?” He said that: “Yes”, Nu’man said that: “So, you think if his sister becomes his bondwoman, it will be allowable to go to bed with her!” Muawiyah said that:

[1]"ÇäãÇ ÇãÇ æ Çááå áÑÈãÇ æ ÏÏÊäí ÇÏј¡ ÝÞá áåã: ÇÌÊäÈæÇ Ðᘡ ÝÇäå áÇ íäÈÛí áå㺠ÝÞÇá: [åí] ÇáÑÍã ãä ÇáÚÊÇÞå æ ÛíÑåÇ"

“I swear to Allah that I would wish to know this matter, tell them not to do this act which is not allowable. Then, he said: surely relationship is relationship, and there is no difference between freedom and slavery (it means that as it is not allowable for free men to get married with two sisters at the same time, it is not allowable for Mowla (lord) to go to bed with two bondwomen sisters).[2]

[1] - al- Dur al- Manthur, vol. 2, p. 137 and vol. 2, p. 477.

[2] - Shafi'i Shahrudi, A comprehensive selection of Al- Ghadir, p. 985.