Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Forgive

[men Only] Puby Hair

Rate this topic

Do you guy cut or shave you puby hair. is it bad to?

Are you Muslim?

Answer is they're suppose to be hygienic for prayers etc. so yeah we're suppose to remove all pubic hair.

I think there's one hadith thatmight suggest every 40 days.

I know they now have special creams that surprisingly remove a lot of the hair (nearly all of it) without having to neither trim nor shave.

Though I'm not sure what the operator means by "is it bad to shave???"

Do you guy cut or shave you puby hair. is it bad to?

Once a man came to the Prophet and said, "I do not have the (financial) ability to marry; therefore, I have come to complain about my singleness." The Prophet advised him how to control his sexual urge by saying, "Leave the hair of

your body and fast continuously." (Wasa'il, vol. 14, p. 178) By saying that "leave the hair of your body," the Prophet is asking not to remove the hair which grows on pubic area, chest, etc, by shaving or using lotion or wax; rather one should just trim the hair.

http://www.al-islam.org/m_morals/chap3.htm

The problem with shaving is that the individual is likely to bleed in that area.

The skin in that area gets damaged etc. Then they can't perform wudhu until they fix it up. The only alternative to trimming would be to use special creams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_depilatory

The problem with shaving is that the individual is likely to bleed in that area.

The skin in that area gets damaged etc. Then they can't perform wudhu until they fix it up. The only alternative to trimming would be to use special creams.

http://en.wikipedia....ical_depilatory

I think shaving in itself is haraam, only trimming and I think even then thats makrooh.

Why the heck would a straight and muslim man remove hair from the chest any way?? Medical reasons aside.

umm why wouldn't a man remove chest hair?

@Repentant brother when you say shaving is haram you mean completely removing facial hair right? Because i do shave on my cheeks and neck and as far as i have known there is no haram in that.

Edited by awaiting_for_the.12th

Al salam alaikum wa ra7matullah wa barakatuh

umm why wouldn't a man remove chest hair?

@Repentant brother when you say shaving is haram you mean completely removing facial hair right? Because i do shave on my cheeks and neck and as far as i have known there is no haram in that.

Acording to Ayatullah Sayed Sistani (may Allah swt lengthen his life Insha'Allah ):

Brother it is only haram to shave the sides of the beard,, but it is aloud to shave the hair that grow on the cheeks and the hair on the neck is not considered as beard as far as I know, and I have seen sheikh having lined it ... no hair on neck :P

http://sistani.org/index.php?p=616687&id=1136 :

Question :

At times the big companies in Europe discriminate —among those who come to them seeking jobs— between those who shave their beards and those who don’t shave them. If this is true, then is it permissible to be clean shaven in order to get the job?

Answer :

Shaving the beard —whose prohibition is based on obligatory precaution— would not become permissible just by the desire to get a job with these companies.1

Question :

Is it permissible to shave the two sides of the face and leave the hair on the chin?

Answer :

Shaving the beard is haram based on obligatory precaution, and this includes the hair that grows on the sides of the face. However, there is no problem in shaving the hair that grows on the cheeks.2

Question :

f a person commits harãm by shaving his beard by razor baled on day one, is it permissible for him to do the same on the second, the third, the fourth day and so on?

Answer :

It is compulsory to refrain from it as a measure of precaution.3

Question :

Is it permissible to shave beard, if one is faced with an unavoidable or a difficult situation?

Answer :

A Muslim is allowed to shave his beard, if he is compelled to do so or if he is forced to shave it for medical reasons, etc. It also allowed if he fears harm to his life by not shaving or if growing the beard would put him in difficulty (for example, if it becomes a cause of ridicule and humiliation that is not normally tolerable by a Muslim).4

<a name="15549" style="outline: none; color: navy;">

Question :

Some men shave their beard and leave some hair on the chin alone. Is this sufficient according shariah?

Answer :

French-cut beard is not sufficient as an obligatory precaution.5

Question :

Is it permissible to have a long beard?

Answer :

It is better that the length of beard does not exceed the width of a fist.

Brother, it's not haraam.

Shaving THOSE hair isn't haram but shaving beard is makrooh i think.

The answer over is for what you said aswell :)

Salam

Duas

Al salam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

Im sorry I thought every Q&A was copy pasted... appearently not :

Question :

At times the big companies in Europe discriminate —among those who come to them seeking jobs— between those who shave their beards and those who don’t shave them. If this is true, then is it permissible to be clean shaven in order to get the job?

Answer :

Shaving the beard —whose prohibition is based on obligatory precaution— would not become permissible just by the desire to get a job with these companies.

Question :

Is it permissible to shave the two sides of the face and leave the hair on the chin?

Answer :

Shaving the beard is haram based on obligatory precaution, and this includes the hair that grows on the sides of the face. However, there is no problem in shaving the hair that grows on the cheeks.

Question :

f a person commits harãm by shaving his beard by razor baled on day one, is it permissible for him to do the same on the second, the third, the fourth day and so on?

Answer :

It is compulsory to refrain from it as a measure of precaution.

Question :

Is it permissible to shave beard, if one is faced with an unavoidable or a difficult situation?

Answer :

A Muslim is allowed to shave his beard, if he is compelled to do so or if he is forced to shave it for medical reasons, etc. It also allowed if he fears harm to his life by not shaving or if growing the beard would put him in difficulty (for example, if it becomes a cause of ridicule and humiliation that is not normally tolerable by a Muslim).

Question :

Some men shave their beard and leave some hair on the chin alone. Is this sufficient according shariah?

Answer :

French-cut beard is not sufficient as an obligatory precaution.

Question :

Is it permissible to have a long beard?

Answer :

It is better that the length of beard does not exceed the width of a fist.

Salam

Duas

Edited by Abd-Rabbi ALLAH

Al salam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

NOTE: the links for the ahadith is linked right before a hadith is written... already did it this way to hope it won't confuse you :) :

As for body hair, there are several hadiths I have heard, one of them is allready mentioned:

http://www.al-islam.org/m_morals/chap3.htm :

Once a man came to the Prophet and said, "I do not have the (financial) ability to marry; therefore, I have come to complain about my singleness." The Prophet advised him how to control his sexual urge by saying, "Leave the hair of

your body and fast continuously." (Wasa'il, vol. 14, p. 178) By saying that "leave the hair of your body," the Prophet is asking not to remove the hair which grows on pubic area, chest, etc, by shaving or using lotion or wax; rather one should just trim the hair.

This hadith is indicating that removing the excessive hair increases one's sexual urge. (Probably, that is why theshari'ah has recommended the men to shave the excessive hair every forty days, and the women to remove the excessive hair by lotion or cream every twenty days.) In retrospect, it means that not removing the hair will decrease the sexual desire and help the person in abstinence. Imam 'Ali says, "Whenever a person's hair increases, his sexual desires have also decreased." (Wasa'il, vol. 14, p. 178) I have not yet come across any scientific discussion on the relationship between removing of the hair and sexual urge, but I am told that the hakims believed that removing the hair from the pubic area increased the chances of direct pressure on that area and, consequently, the blood flow to the sexual organs.

there are also theese.

http://www.al-islam.org/Islamic_perspective_beard/5.htm :

In Tafsir al-Qummi, Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq (as) gives an explanation which refers to the exemptions to the rule.

Allah’s words:

“Who is finer in religion than someone who submits himself to Allah while he acts kindly and follows the sect of Abraham, the Upright one? Allah adopted Abraham as a bosom friend”.Chapter 4 (The Women / al-Nisa) Verse 125

The Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq (as) explained that Allah, the Blessed, granted ten things to Abraham (p.b.u.h) (al-Hanif)[things that purify], five were for the head and five were for the body.

Those for the head were:

1. Trimming the moustache
  2. Wearing the beard
  3. Trimming the hair of the head
  4. Brushing the teeth
  5. Flossing the teeth

And those for the body were:

1. Circumcision
  2. Trimming the nails
  3. Cleansing the body with water
  4. Shaving the under arm and pubic hair
  5. Ceremonial bath (after sexual intercourse etc.)

http://www.al-islam.org/flowers/59.htm :

Imam Musa ibn Ja'far, the seventh Imam, [a] said:

"There are five sunnah about the head and five others related to the body. The first five concerning the head, are: washing the mouth, trimming the moustache, combing the hair, and drawing up water through the mouth and nostrils.

The second five, concerning the body, are: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, depilating the armpits, clipping the nails, and cleansing the privy parts (with water, tissue, cloth, etc., while water is preferable)."

Khisal by Saduq, p. 125

It seems as if they contradict but maybe it's in different situations?

Feel free to reflect upon or ask a 'alim :)

Salam

Duas

Electric hair cutters are good all around. You can use one set of extensions for your head, another for trimming the beard. And then you can just use the bare cutter for removing hair from the neck and the more southerly regions.

What Kadhim said is true, however, there is still one part of the lower region that you wouldn't really want to go near even with an electric razor, and for that the cream is better, though some people can have an allergic reaction to it, or their skin may be too sensitive, leaving them with a chemical burn in a rather sensitive place.

So beware!

Edited by Ali_Hussain

there is still one part of the lower region that you wouldn't really want to go near even with an electric razor, and for that the cream is better, though some people can have an allergic reaction to it, or their skin may be too sensitive, leaving them with a chemical burn in a rather sensitive place.

So beware!

Yes, I wouldn't advise anyone to be stupid enough to use creams in that area. I saw a patient at a hospital once who used one of those hair removing creams in that area and it caused unmentionable problems for him to such an extent that he had to be taken into surgery to save his fertility.

Yes, I wouldn't advise anyone to be stupid enough to use creams in that area. I saw a patient at a hospital once who used one of those hair removing creams in that area and it caused unmentionable problems for him to such an extent that he had to be taken into surgery to save his fertility.

Well, I think that is taking it a bit far, you can just get a very low strength cream, and make sure you don't leave it on for too long.

I don't think there is anything is the cream that would actually make a man infertile

You should probably ask "mother nature" why she took it that far.

There may not be anything in the cream to make a man infertile but there can be something in the environment or on the neighboring skin (aka bacteria) that can infect the burn site and travel down (edit: or travel up as the case may be) to the family jewels & heirlooms site.

Edited by wayfarer.

You should probably ask "mother nature" why she took it that far.

There may not be anything in the cream to make a man infertile but there can be something in the environment or on the neighboring skin (aka bacteria) that can infect the burn site and travel down (edit: or travel up as the case may be) to the family jewels & heirlooms site.

There are always exceptions, but I thought the main danger was of a possible damage to the skin, not the actual chemicals in the cream, or else they would have to write it on the box.

I did a quick search on google, nothing came up.

Dear brothers and sisters,

It is recommended for men to shave their pubic hair every forty days and for women to shave every twenty days. There is also a hadith in this regard from the Messenger of Allah (S) which I will mention as under:

قَالَ رَسُولُ اللّهِ  (ص):مَنْ كانَ يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَ الْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ فَلَا يَتْرُكْ عَانَتَهُ فَوْقَ أَرْبَعِينَ يَوْماً وَ لَا يَحِلُّ لِامْرَأَةٍ تُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَ الْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ أَنْ تَدَعَ ذَلِكَ مِنْهَا فَوْقَ عِشْرِينَ يَوْما (الفقیه، ج 1، ص 119)

The Prophet of Allah (s) says: “One who believes in Allah and the Last Day should not let his pubic hair for more than forty days and a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day, should not leave her pubic hair unshaved for more than 20 days.”[1]

[1]Al-Faqih, vol. 1, p. 119