In the Name of God بسم الله

Muhammad's Favourite Wife

Rate this topic

GodBlessAli

• Veteran Member

Another hadith from Ibn Hanbal:

Anas narrated that the prophet (s) said: "The most excellent of the women of all worlds are: Maryam the daughter of al-Imran, Khadijah the daughter of Khuwaylid, Fatimah the daughter of Muhammad, and Asiyah the wife of Pharaoh"

The fact that Khadija (as) made the cut while Aisha didn't shows the Prophet (saw) held her in higher regard.

Also, don't forget the Quranic verses revealed warning Aisha for her mischevious behavior against the Prophet (saw).

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Prophet (pbuh) did not marry to any one during the life time of Hazrat Syeda Khadija Tul Kubra (a.s). This is enough proof of the fact that Hazrat Khadija (a.s) was most favorite wife of Prophet (pbuh). As far as Aysha and Hafsa are concerned Surah Tehreem is clear warning to them. Allah said that if Allah's apostle will divorce them Allah will grant him (pbuh) better wives than them. They because cause of pain and grief for Prophet (pbuh).

One important thing is that Allah did not leave this on Prophet (pbuh) to condemn them so that it would become the part of hadith collection rather Allah revealed this in Quran to condemn them. Till the time Quran will be recited every reciter of Quran will read and know the truth about Aysha and Hafsa.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Prophet (pbuh) did not marry to any one during the life time of Hazrat Syeda Khadija Tul Kubra (a.s). This is enough proof of the fact that Hazrat Khadija (a.s) was most favorite wife of Prophet (pbuh).

(wasalam)

I too agree that the favourite wife of the Prophet (saww) was Lady Khadija (sa), however not due to the reason you mentioned. Bring proof that the reason why he did not marry anyone else because of how much he (saww) loved her (sa). If there isn't any proof and it's just what you think, then you can't say it's definitely true.

divide the prophet (pbuh) 's life into 3 parts

0-25 = 25 years no marriage no wife

25-51 = 26 years 1 wife bibi khadijah (as)

51-63 = 12 years 9 wives

the point to be noted here is that even though Allah swt made polygamy halal for the holy prophet (pbuh) he did not take other women as his wives while bibi khadijah (as) was alive - he was devoted and loyal to her

that shows his saww 's love and affection to her

she (a) was the only wife who gave him saww children including the leader of the women of the paradise bibi fatima al zahra (as)

he saww named the year of the death of this poius (and one of the 4 mistress of the worlds) as the year of the sorrow

she (a) gave away all her wealth to the religion of islam

she (a) was the first convert to islam even before ameer ul momineen (as)

she stood with the prophet saww and believed him when no 1 else believed him

we also have traditions and hadiths about how the others wives (especially ayesha bint abu bakr) were jealous of her and how the prophet saww would remember her.............................................

so obiviously bibi khadijah (as) was the best and favorite wife of rasool Allah saww

any doubts????????????

• Veteran Member

While I don't think there is much doubt Khadija ÚáíåÇ ÇáÓáÇã was the best wife of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and the one he loved the most, I wouln't necessarily read too much into the fact that he didn't marry anyone else while married to her. During many of those years of marriage, especially after he announced his prophethood, he was financially quite dependent on her. Under those circumstances, it would not be correct to take another wife, since you should only do so if you can afford it.

It is entirely possible that had Khadija ÚáíåÇ ÇáÓáÇã lived until the hijra to Medina, that the Prophet (pbuh) would still have taken other wives. Many might argue against this, but then they would have to explain why the Prophet (pbuh) took so many wives. If the reason was simply to build political relationships, as is often claimed, then why wouldn't that still be needed had Khadija lived? And if it would't have been necessary had she lived, then why was it necessary once she had died?

Personally, I do think it's possible the Prophet (pbuh) wouldn't have taken other wives, but I don't believe all the Prophet's subsequence marriages were just political marriages of convenience either.

• Advanced Member

He (S) replied:

"Indeed Allah did not grant me better than her; she accepted me when people rejected me, she believed in me when people doubted me, she shared her wealth with me when people deprived me, and Allah granted me children only through her." (al-Esti'ab)

This is beautiful.

What a woman she was!

Another hadith from Ibn Hanbal:

Anas narrated that the prophet (s) said: "The most excellent of the women of all worlds are: Maryam the daughter of al-Imran, Khadijah the daughter of Khuwaylid, Fatimah the daughter of Muhammad, and Asiyah the wife of Pharaoh"

Why were they said in this order; given that Fatima (as) is the foremost out of all of them?

• Veteran Member

7-117 Muhammad ibn al-Hassan ibn Ahmad ibn al-Walid - may God be pleased with him - narrated that Muhammad ibn al-Hassan al-Saffar quoted Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Khalid, on the authority of Abu Ali al-Vaseti, on the authority of Abdullah ibn Ismat, on the authority of Yahya ibn Abdullah, on the authority of Amr ibn Abil Miqdam, on the authority of his father, on the authority of Aba Abdullah as-Sadiq (MGB),

“Once when God’s Prophet (MGB) entered his house, he (MGB) heard that Ayesha was yelling at Fatimah (MGB). She was saying, ‘O Khadijah’s daughter! I swear by God that you believe that your mother was better than us. What was in her that made her nobler than us?’ Fatimah who was listening to her cried when she saw the Prophet (MGB). The Prophet (MGB) looked at her and asked, ‘O daughter of Muhammad! Why are you crying?’ She replied, ‘Ayesha mentioned my mother’s name with disrespect and I cried.’ The Prophet of God (MGB) became angry, turned to Ayesha and said, ‘O Homeyra! Be silent. The Blessed the Sublime God has honored kind women who give birth to children. Khadijah - may God may have mercy upon her - has brought two sons from me. The first one is called Tahir, Abdullah or Mutah’har. The second one is called Qasim. Khadijah has delivered four daughters for me who are Fatimah (MGB), Ruqayah, Umm Kulthum and Zaynab. However, you are one whom God has made barren and have not given birth to any child for me.”

al-khisal

http://www.coiradio.com/library/library/hadith/al-khisal/11_2.htm

• Advanced Member

While I don't think there is much doubt Khadija ÚáíåÇ ÇáÓáÇã was the best wife of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and the one he loved the most, I wouln't necessarily read too much into the fact that he didn't marry anyone else while married to her. During many of those years of marriage, especially after he announced his prophethood, he was financially quite dependent on her. Under those circumstances, it would not be correct to take another wife, since you should only do so if you can afford it.

It is entirely possible that had Khadija ÚáíåÇ ÇáÓáÇã lived until the hijra to Medina, that the Prophet (pbuh) would still have taken other wives. Many might argue against this, but then they would have to explain why the Prophet (pbuh) took so many wives. If the reason was simply to build political relationships, as is often claimed, then why wouldn't that still be needed had Khadija lived? And if it would't have been necessary had she lived, then why was it necessary once she had died?

Personally, I do think it's possible the Prophet (pbuh) wouldn't have taken other wives, but I don't believe all the Prophet's subsequence marriages were just political marriages of convenience either.

Many of the marriages were out of compassion as well or to set an example do not all had a political element. Umm Salama was married after her husband was martyred in a battle. I think Umm Habbiba was married when her husband apostasised while she was a pious woman who had no family among the Muslims since she was Abu Sufyan's daughter. Even hafsa was married after her husband was martyred. Though there was a political dimension since both Abu Bakr and Uthman turned her down and this caused ill will between them so out of his mercy and to keep the peace he proposed to her, which made Umar happy and allowed him to let go if the perceived insult from the 2 rejections.

• Veteran Member

Many of the marriages were out of compassion as well or to set an example do not all had a political element. Umm Salama was married after her husband was martyred in a battle. I think Umm Habbiba was married when her husband apostasised while she was a pious woman who had no family among the Muslims since she was Abu Sufyan's daughter. Even hafsa was married after her husband was martyred. Though there was a political dimension since both Abu Bakr and Uthman turned her down and this caused ill will between them so out of his mercy and to keep the peace he proposed to her, which made Umar happy and allowed him to let go if the perceived insult from the 2 rejections.

Ok, so wouldn't the Prophet (pbuh) not have still had compassion for these women if Khadija had lived, and needed to set an example (for example with Zaynab bint Jahsh)?

• Veteran Member

Interesting point, but I doubt finances were the reason he didn't take another wife while married to Khadija (as). He wasn't exactly poor. He was a successful trader and had received many opportunities for marriage. The financial hardship that he encountered was mainly later on in life in his 40s due to the economic boycott imposed by hostile tribes. But for 15 years before announcing his Prophethood, he could have taken other wives had he chose to.

• Advanced Member

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 14 :

Narrated by 'Amr bin Al-As

The Prophet deputed me to read the Army of Dhat-as-Salasil. I came to him and said,

"Who is the most beloved person to you?"

He said, " 'Aisha."

I asked, "Among the men?"

He said, "Her father."

I said, "Who then?"

He said, "Then 'Umar bin Al-Khattab."

He then named other men.

Edited by Sonador

• Advanced Member

Sahih Bukhari

The Prophet deputed me to read the Army of Dhat-as-Salasil. I came to him and said,

He said, " 'Aisha."

He said, "Her father."

I said, "Who then?"

He then named other men.

This is rubbish, narrrated by an enemy of the Ahlul-Bayt a.s, get a narration like this from somebody who has true love for the household and acknowledges their right - you won't be able to find any.

• Advanced Member

Sahih Bukhari

He said, " 'Aisha."

He said, "Her father."

I said, "Who then?"

He then named other men.

I don't like the odds of those actually being the words of RasulAllah (pbuh) when you find plenty of narrations in Sahih Muslim & Bukhari which portray Aisha as a horrible person. Such examples nclude her claiming she is better than Khadijah (sa) and calling her disrespectful names after she has past away. She was incredibly jealous of Khadijah and would insult her when the Prophet mentioned her.

• Advanced Member

I don't like the odds of those actually being the words of RasulAllah (pbuh) when you find plenty of narrations in Sahih Muslim & Bukhari which portray Aisha as a horrible person. Such examples nclude her claiming she is better than Khadijah (sa) and calling her disrespectful names after she has past away. She was incredibly jealous of Khadijah and would insult her when the Prophet mentioned her.

A Khariji or Nasibi extremist will use many narrations of Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim and can prove worse things about shias' first imam, Ali.

It's about how you look at things.

A Muslim reads Quran, he finds it an iman booster. A kafir Jew reads the same Quran and finds hundreds of faults with it.

• Advanced Member

A Khariji or Nasibi extremist will use many narrations of Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim and can prove worse things about shias' first imam, Ali.

It's about how you look at things.

A Muslim reads Quran, he finds it an iman booster. A kafir Jew reads the same Quran and finds hundreds of faults with it.

So you will use this as an excuse to overlook her horrid faults which includes insulting of the 4 greatest woman who ever lived and the wife of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) I find ironic how Sunni's have an issue with the Shia because of their opinion of Aisha, yet you are willing to defend her when she insults the wife of the Prophet.

• Advanced Member

So you will use this as an excuse to overlook her horrid faults which includes insulting of the 4 greatest woman who ever lived and the wife of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) I find ironic how Sunni's have an issue with the Shia because of their opinion of Aisha, yet you are willing to defend her when she insults the wife of the Prophet.

Why you guys worry about the most beloved wife of the Prophet s.a.w when you don't even consider Saiyidah Khadijah ra one of the infallibles nor do you consider her the Prophet's Ahl-al-Bayt. Stop this lip service. We know well how much you regard Saiyidah Khadijah ra.

When we read Bukhari and Muslim, we don't find any such things that lower the status of Ummul Mu'mineen, Saiyidah Aishah Siddiqua radiyallahu anha, but when you shias read the same books of hadith, you see everything evil about her. It's about your approach to Islam. Allah says in Quran He guides people through Quran, and He misguides other people through the same Quran.

Why you guys worry about the most beloved wife of the Prophet s.a.w when you don't even consider Saiyidah Khadijah ra one of the infallibles nor do you consider her the Prophet's Ahl-al-Bayt. Stop this lip service. We know well how much you regard Saiyidah Khadijah ra.

When we read Bukhari and Muslim, we don't find any such things that lower the status of Ummul Mu'mineen, Saiyidah Aishah Siddiqua radiyallahu anha, but when you shias read the same books of hadith, you see everything evil about her. It's about your approach to Islam. Allah says in Quran He guides people through Quran, and He misguides other people through the same Quran.

...or you do, and ignore those parts for some reason.

• Advanced Member

All talk, no substance.

The reason why you don't find anything 'evil' is because you have subconsciously turned those individuals into infallible super humans who can do no wrong. You find something they said or did wrong and you then perform Islamic gymnastics to weave around it.

True or not? With this approach you will get nowhere

So why less respect for the Prophet's wife Khadijah and more respect for Ali's wife Fatimah?

Is your Imam Ali higher in status than the Prophet?

What's that got to do with anything?

If you find the topic hard to swallow then don't try and turn the tables by changing the discussion to something like that.

They are both amongst the greatest woman of the world. For that, they deserve our utmost respect.

• Advanced Member

All talk, no substance.

The reason why you don't find anything 'evil' is because you have subconsciously turned those individuals into infallible super humans who can do no wrong. You find something they said or did wrong and you then perform Islamic gymnastics to weave around it.

It's true, whenever he finds a hadith against his so called sahaba - straight away he considers it fabricated be it from sahih bukhari or muslim!

When he sees a hadith in favour of them - he accepts it immediately despite which book it's from!

They lie to themselves so they can still see these kind of people as leaders, its a life of nonsense.

• Advanced Member

All talk, no substance.

Ok, leave us. Talk of the Kuffar. Do any of them consider shias' Imam Ali a respectable, honourable, great leader of Islam or humanity?

Compared to that you will find so many Kuffar who acknowledge the greatness of Muhammad s.a.w and Umar ra. Because they believe they both achieved much in this world.

Saiyidah Aisha ra is our mother, because we are believers. We do not learn from Islam to curse and slander our mother.

What's that got to do with anything?

If you find the topic hard to swallow then don't try and turn the tables by changing the discussion to something like that.

They are both amongst the greatest woman of the world. For that, they deserve our utmost respect.

Oh really? You have no answer to my question so now you beat about the bush.

• Advanced Member

I'm wondering if an why you consider Imam Ali to be higher in status than the Prophet.

Imam Ali's wife is infallible. Imam Ali's wife is not apostate.

But Muhammad's wife is apostate.

Imam Ali's wife is Ahl-al-Bayt.

But Muhammad's wives are not Ahl-al-Bayt. Khadijah is not Ahl-al-Bayt.

SubhaanAllah!

Imam Ali's wife is infallible. Imam Ali's wife is not apostate.

But Muhammad's wife is apostate.

Imam Ali's wife is Ahl-al-Bayt.

But Muhammad's wives are not Ahl-al-Bayt. Khadijah is not Ahl-al-Bayt.

SubhaanAllah!

Really? You have some homework to do... I know you had said your beliefs somewhat match Sunnis, but this is sounding like it's coming from a fringe extremist.

• Advanced Member

No one is higher in status than the Prophet (pbuh) he was best of creation.

Do you consider Aisha's status higher than that of Fatimah or Khadijah (peace be upon them)?

We have better things to do in life than to work on a stupid imaginary ranking system.

But since you guys are so much into these things. Tell me who is higher in status? Khadijah ra or Fatimah ra?

Now don't tell me. I know your answer.

It's the wife of Imam Ali.

Really? You have some homework to do... I know you had said your beliefs somewhat match Sunnis, but this is sounding like it's coming from a fringe extremist.

O ho ho, no answer once again!

It's true, whenever he finds a hadith against his so called sahaba - straight away he considers it fabricated be it from sahih bukhari or muslim!

When he sees a hadith in favour of them - he accepts it immediately despite which book it's from!

They lie to themselves so they can still see these kind of people as leaders, its a life of nonsense.

Stop lying on me.