In the Name of God بسم الله

Concubinage

Rate this topic

Saintly_Jinn23

• Veteran Member

I was wondering if anyone could give me the rulings and definition on concubinage from the Shia hadith, just for historical research and personal curiosity. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23

• Veteran Member

i reali wanted to ask this. thanks and yes its allowed u can hve as many mutah wives as u like -with proper monthly allowance!

In old days shia royals usually had harem of 100 wives or more. For many its sick, for them it was a way to show their power!

Does a mutah contact fall under the category of concubinage? I wasn't sure if there was a difference or not between the two institutions.

I know the Shari'ah allows a man to sleep with those "whom his right hand possesses," which refers to his slave girls. However, I have heard some people say you need to marry them, while I've heard it explained that the contract of slavery is just as good as a marriage contract.

Does a mutah contact fall under the category of concubinage? I wasn't sure if there was a difference or not between the two institutions.

I know the Shari'ah allows a man to sleep with those "whom his right hand possesses," which refers to his slave girls. However, I have heard some people say you need to marry them, while I've heard it explained that the contract of slavery is just as good as a marriage contract.

well concubine is a low class wife in most cases, a woman frm a low social status. So yes it falls under mutah. In early days there were slaves but now we hve mutah wives aka concubine in english culture.

Now u wont find slave; But mutah only!

Thats just my opinion i maybe wrong.

• Veteran Member

^ ^ ^

I think there's a clear difference between a concubine and a wife though. Politically speaking, a man's wives and his concubines are not of the same class and not entitled to the same rights and privileges as one another. Therefore, I don't know if it would be politically correct to refer to a mutah contract as being a contract of concubinage as I'm pretty sure women in mutah contracts are considered a man's "wives," and thus would have precedence and authority over say the maid or slave girl you just happen to be sleeping with. Unless I'm mistaken and there are two different categories of "mutah," one referring to concubines and one referring to wives or something like that.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23

^ ^ ^

I think there's a clear difference between a concubine and a wife though. Politically speaking, a man's wives and his concubines are not of the same class and not entitled to the same rights and privileges as one another. Therefore, I don't know if it would be politically correct to refer to a mutah contract as being a contract of concubinage as I'm pretty sure women in mutah contracts are considered a man's "wives," and thus would have precedence and authority over say the maid or slave girl you just happen to be sleeping with. Unless I'm mistaken and there are two different categories of "mutah," one referring to concubines and one referring to wives or something like that.

I think its english terminology. Islamicaly we hve slaves n wives. Nowadays no slaves just wives.

Mutah wives dont ve any rights in family wealth, but their kids hve full rights like the kids of queen wives or permanent wives. Mutah wives usually get monthly allowance and if they hve kids, their kids r granted share in family wealth and family name/fame. Nowadays mutah is misused at cheapest. In old days ppl kept their mutah wives for life, with respect and love!

• Advanced Member

isnt it haram to have slaves??

• Veteran Member

isnt it haram to have slaves??

Not really. There are rules and guidelines for when it is okay to take a slave and when it isn't. You can take a slave under two conditions:

a.) As prisoners of war, when one nation has conquered another nation.

or

b.)A person has sold his or her self into slavery of their own volition.

Slave owners can engage in sexual relationships with their slaves of the opposite sex, but not through force.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23

• Advanced Member

Not really. There are rules and guidelines for when it is okay to take a slave and when it isn't. You can take a slave under two conditions:

or

Slave owners can engage in sexual relationships with their slaves of the opposite sex, but not through force.

does that apply to female slave owners if they are unmarried? And if theyr prisoners of war isnt the right thing to set them free?

• Veteran Member

does that apply to female slave owners if they are unmarried?

If the slave is under their ownership and they aren't married, I don't see where there's anything haram going on.

And if theyr prisoners of war isnt the right thing to set them free?

The idea behind enslaving prisoners of war is to rehabilitate them and keep an eye them while putting them to use. A slave owner is given heavenly reward for freeing an honest and upright slave or freeing a good slave and marrying them, but there is no haram in keeping the slave if you feel you still have good reason to own them. However, if the slave petitions you for their freedom, citing their good behavior and service, then you are obliged to hear out their case and should come to a mutual agreement.

• Advanced Member

If the slave is under their ownership and they aren't married, I don't see where there's anything haram going on.

The idea behind enslaving prisoners of war is to rehabilitate them and keep an eye them while putting them to use. A slave owner is given heavenly reward for freeing an honest and upright slave or freeing a good slave and marrying them, but there is no haram in keeping the slave if you feel you still have good reason to own them. However, if the slave petitions you for their freedom, citing their good behavior and service, then you are obliged to hear out their case and should come to a mutual agreement.

oh alright, that kinda makes sense

• Advanced Member

or

The term concubine is synonymous to the mistress as well; so does it include those relationships as well where women become mistresses of the men like out of their own will or desire ?

Edited by ילדת מלך