Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Myo

Gay Child

Rate this topic

Salamualaikum.

I am wondering what is the Islamic thing to do if you find out one of your children tells you that he/she is gay. I can only imagine that you would sit down and talk to the child about how it is wrong and so on and you still care for the child. However, the vibe I get from most would be to cut off relations (or kill them in some places) which is haram. I have never seen or heard of this situation so I am wondering what should happen? And what happens, if God forbid, they decide to pursue a haram relationship?

I'm just seeing so much LGBT movements lately that it something like this is bound to happen to someone.

Thanks~

Sallam Alykum,

Is this happening to you already or are you thinking it might happen in the future? Only thing you can do is make sure the environment is safe and not full of Shaytans. You can then teach your children about Islam and allow them to grow up pious and not just Muslims by name like the majority of Muslims are.

Salam, I think that in this situation you would discuss with your child why it is wrong and talk about getting some kind of help from a knowlegable scholar in finding Islamic ways of dealing with this psycological condition, and continuously reassure them that you still love them, just not the sin of acting on homosexual feelings. If after a number of efforts and conversations they persist, then you agree to disagree and keep them in your life in order to influence them back to the Islamic viewpoint inshallah, if they are effecting the iman of you, your spouse or your other children, or extended family members, then you could speak to them about not being openly homosexual when being around the family. Also, if they embark on a homosexual relationship, then you need to be firm and refuse to allow their partner into your home and that you will not meet them and that you don't endorse the relationship and that you are extremely upset at their choice to act on their feelings. Tell them that you still love them, but that you believe that acting on the urges is haram and that you cannot support it in any way, but that you are there for them to visit and keep a relationship with and that you still love them and will wate for them to hopefully repent inshallah.

just my 2 cents, hope I helped to answer your query inshallah, salams and duas inshallah.

That actually crossed my mind few times because of all the gay movements, and esp that I am in a design and fashion sector with so many gay people. It's their choice, and they were all so nice and accepting of Islam and hijab when they spoke to me.But when it comes to my child it will be the scariest thing ever, esp if u live in the west and the society says it's ok to be that way. I would still love my child and try to guide him. May Allah never let this happen to anyone coz it won't be easy.

Slice em and dice em and feed em to dogs. Oh no no!!! I am just kidding. :D Obviously it depends on the kid's upbringing. You should teach him/her the principles of Islam. I see no reason for the child to move away from the right path if you are sure that you have educated them enough in Islamic knowledge. And fathers should be friendly with their sons and mothers should be friendly with their daughters. And share everything with them and educate them. A good way to know what they are upto. My mother was always my best friend and I still remember I could not even keep a tinsy winsy secret from her.

Plus this abnormal behavior of being "gay" I believe comes from a very very disturbed childhood. When a child suffers from extreme neglect and lack of care plus love from family members then children tend to be attracted to the same sex because in this situation children crave attention and love and become receptive to anyone who gives it to them.

Too much blabbering. I know. I should be a psychologist. OMG!!! I just realized I chose the wrong field for myself. Too late. :cry:

Edited by Your sister in faith

Slice em and dice em and feed em to dogs. Oh no no!!! I am just kidding. :D Obviously it depends on the kid's upbringing. You should teach him/her the principles of Islam. I see no reason for the child to move away from the right path if you are sure that you have educated them enough in Islamic knowledge. And fathers should be friendly with their sons and mothers should be friendly with their daughters. And share everything with them and educate them. A good way to know what they are upto. My mother was always my best friend and I still remember I could not even keep a tinsy winsy secret from her.

Plus this abnormal behavior of being "gay" I believe comes from a very very disturbed childhood. When a child suffers from extreme neglect and lack of care plus love from family members then children tend to be attracted to the same sex because in this situation children crave attention and love and become receptive to anyone who gives it to them.

Too much blabbering. I know. I should be a psychologist. OMG!!! I just realized I chose the wrong field for myself. Too late. :cry:

well then why would they only want it from the same sex? they could stiull get attention and love from the oposite sex.

well then why would they only want it from the same sex? they could stiull get attention and love from the oposite sex.

Well Well Well. Good question??? Well as I said they become receptive to any kind of love they get. It can be from both opposite or same sex. If you are in a society where this concept you know "homo"(please don't ban me admins, I am just trying to explain things to the sister here) is common, then there are good chances that your child will be one too. So choose your permanent residence wisely. And pay attention to your kids. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

As far as im aware there is no evidence for this what so ever. This is the thing about sexuality, it appears not to descriminate at all, you can be any colour, any religion, any class or nationality with loving supportive family, with neglectful family, with rigid discipline, with liberal parents and still be gay. There is no environmental blue print that creates a gay child, and i think this is why the 'nature over nurture' is so powerful to people.

As far as im aware there is no evidence for this what so ever. This is the thing about sexuality, it appears not to descriminate at all, you can be any colour, any religion, any class or nationality with loving supportive family, with neglectful family, with rigid discipline, with liberal parents and still be gay. There is no environmental blue print that creates a gay child, and i think this is why the 'nature over nurture' is so powerful to people.

Well I got no scientific evidence to back my theory but it is my opinion. A personal one only. We all think separately. I respect your opinion too.

probaly one of the reasons is mixed feelings wich shaitan uses to put in his head so that he is attracted to the same sex, he has to seek nearness to Allah swt and do jihad against that big sin until he learns to control it or else deal with the consequense wich if he lives in an islamic country they will know what will happen to him if they were to find out but Allah knows best , inshAllah i hope everything goes good and that with following our prophet and his Ahlul Bayt (pbut),quran,prayer,duas, medical or couseling ect he will be able to overcome the accursed shaitain, another thing is neeeeeeeeeeeeeever eeeeeeeeeeeeever loose hope because your no different then any of us and at last trust in Allah and fear your sins

may Allah help everyone and bless all of you

This idea came to my mind because I know of it happening with another family and was wondering what if it ever happened to mine (God forbid!)

Love would be the same but I guess it is almost the same as if your child is dating of the different sex. You tell them it is wrong but ultimately it is their choice to act on their deeds.

So, another question would be, what if your child openly did haram things. How would you handle it then? E.g. Brings over his/her boy/girlfriend