Rate this topic

(salam)

Tell me oh Shi'a...

Why is Imam Hassan (as) forgotten by many of us?

Out of the 5 Ahlul Kis'a members (as); he is the least remembered and mentioned.

Indeed it is shameful that in Muharram there is majalis left right and centre; whereas on his martyrdom anniversary there is barely any :(

Take a look at how many visitors Imam Hussein (as) has on a daily basis; and then take a look at how many Imam Hassan (as) has - why do we allow this to happen?

The wahabi guards don't let us come close enough to his grave; this I understand, but does this mean we shouldn't even visit him at the least or even on a regular basis?

We have a responsibility towards this saint and if we don't act upon it - by my Lord we will be held accountable.

What you say is true. The Messenger of Allah said: "Al-Hasan and al-Husain are the chiefs of

the youth of Paradise and Fatimah is the chief of their women."

Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, p660, on the authority of Abu Sa'id and Hudhayfa

The 14 Infallible figures are equal authority, may Allah bless them all.

oh man, youve voiced what ive always thought.

then again, if you look at us, we always put emphasis on imam ali, imam hussain, imam zainul abideen, imam jafar as sadiq [occasionally, for hadith], and imam e zamana. the other imams, we dont really know all that much about them. for shahadat majlises, you hear their masaib less, and imam hussain (as)'s masaib more. (NOT putting imam hussains grievences down or anything.)

we suck.

AstaghfurALLAH. I absolutely agree. You did voice what I have always thought. We need to make others aware of the significance and wonderfulness of ALL the Imams (as). First is for us to learn about them all and the importance each one has made. Then we can begin to inform others.

Assalam o alaikum. As far as the grievance for Imam Hussain asws is concerned , it is widely known that Imam Zainul Abideen asws observed sorrow from 1st Muharram till 8th of Rabiul Awwal. So we follow his Sunnah. As for Imam Hassan asws , its true that he is mourned less than Imam Hussain asws.Iam not trying to compare between the 2, but the martyrdom of Imam Hussain asws was much more brutal ,keeping in view the circumstances and what his Family went through...... Yes its sad that we don't know much about other Imams asws and their Families.

oh man, youve voiced what ive always thought.

then again, if you look at us, we always put emphasis on imam ali, imam hussain, imam zainul abideen, imam jafar as sadiq [occasionally, for hadith], and imam e zamana. the other imams, we dont really know all that much about them. for shahadat majlises, you hear their masaib less, and imam hussain (as)'s masaib more. (NOT putting imam hussains grievences down or anything.)

we suck.

AstaghfurALLAH. I absolutely agree. You did voice what I have always thought. We need to make others aware of the significance and wonderfulness of ALL the Imams (as). First is for us to learn about them all and the importance each one has made. Then we can begin to inform others.

Thanks for your replies...

Sayed Ammar done a series of lectures in 2011, carrying out a seperate biography on each one of the 14 infallible's - outlining the events that took place in their lives and how they lived; their inspiration towards the people; their calamities etc the link is right here: http://www.sayedammar.com/sayedammarnakshc.html - Scroll down to the section: RAMADHAN 2011. Believe me the amount you can learn about each and every one of them from these verbal biographies makes it totally worth it!

Assalam o alaikum. As far as the grievance for Imam Hussain asws is concerned , it is widely known that Imam Zainul Abideen asws observed sorrow from 1st Muharram till 8th of Rabiul Awwal. So we follow his Sunnah. As for Imam Hassan asws , its true that he is mourned less than Imam Hussain asws.Iam not trying to compare between the 2, but the martyrdom of Imam Hussain asws was much more brutal ,keeping in view the circumstances and what his Family went through...... Yes its sad that we don't know much about other Imams asws and their Families.

Don't get me wrong brother, I'm not saying Aba Abdillah a.s doesn't deserve the attention he attracts today; for verily he deserves more than this! Of course Imam Hussain a.s faced more oppression and the tragedy that befell him was more severe - this I agree, however we must call to mind that if Imam Hassan a.s was in his position he would have done exactly the same, and we also must call to mind that Hassan a.s is in fact the man that Hussain a.s looked up to; he is in fact his role model and his master.

I don't think Hussain a.s will approve of what's currently happening. If we can't even call Al-Mujtaba to mind and honour him very often at heart and within our communities; then verily how will we ever truly follow him.

There is nothing wrong in visting the graves of these holy people to recite salam or surah fatiha.

However, let us concentrate more on what they taught.

If this is what you mean i.e the messages, morals, and teachings we can obtain from the second imam, then i am in total agreement of you.

If you mean let us just continue praising, remembering him for the sake of remembering him, i feel the first option will do humanity better.

I agree with you bro. The fact is we people do not usually make the effort to know more about our Aima asws than is spoon fed to us during majalis and lectures. We dont regard it as our duty and obligation to find out what They asws did, what They taught us, what They liked, what Tihey disliked etc. If we are in love in our life, we want to know each and everything about our beloved one. However , when it comes to getting to know all about the lives of Masoumeen asws, we simply don't have time. And I am sure we shall be questioned on that too ...... how much we loved those whom we claimed to be our Leaders, Role Models , Commanders, and Hujjat asws. May Allah increase our knowledge about The Holy Family Of The Holy Prophet SAWW.

There is nothing wrong in visting the graves of these holy people to recite salam or surah fatiha.

However, let us concentrate more on what they taught.

If this is what you mean i.e the messages, morals, and teachings we can obtain from the second imam, then i am in total agreement of you.

If you mean let us just continue praising, remembering him for the sake of remembering him, i feel the first option will do humanity better.

Thanks for your reply..

How will you do what I highlighted in bold if you hardly call most of them to mind often?

There's no such thing as remembering him for the sake of remembering him; for verily even remembering him in itself is ibadah.

And yes I do mean the messages, morals, teachings etc - however in order for these to be triggered; remembering him is an essential requirement without doubt.

I agree with you bro. The fact is we people do not usually make the effort to know more about our Aima asws than is spoon fed to us during majalis and lectures. We dont regard it as our duty and obligation to find out what They asws did, what They taught us, what They liked, what Tihey disliked etc. If we are in love in our life, we want to know each and everything about our beloved one. However , when it comes to getting to know all about the lives of Masoumeen asws, we simply don't have time. And I am sure we shall be questioned on that too ...... how much we loved those whom we claimed to be our Leaders, Role Models , Commanders, and Hujjat asws. May Allah increase our knowledge about The Holy Family Of The Holy Prophet SAWW.

Very well said brother. Illahi Ameen.

(salam)

Tell me oh Shi'a...

Out of the 5 Ahlul Kis'a members (as); he is the least remembered and mentioned.

Indeed it is shameful that in Muharram there is majalis left right and centre; whereas on his martyrdom anniversary there is barely any :(

Take a look at how many visitors Imam Hussein (as) has on a daily basis; and then take a look at how many Imam Hassan (as) has - why do we allow this to happen?

The wahabi guards don't let us come close enough to his grave; this I understand, but does this mean we shouldn't even visit him at the least or even on a regular basis?

We have a responsibility towards this saint and if we don't act upon it - by my Lord we will be held accountable.

Very true.

Indeed we have forgotten to do the zikr of this great Imam of ours. As GodBlessAli says, Rasool Allah SAWW said that Hasan and Husain are the chiefs of the youths of Paradise. They are indeed equal in status. And there is one saying of Imam Hussain AS where he calls Imam Hasan AS as "his master".

We should do the zikr of Imam Hasan AS just as we do the zikr of Imam Hussain AS and we should try to give both of them equal importance. Any muslim who has knowledge about Islam and Imam Hasan AS would know the fact that the Sulh of Imam Hasan AS with Muawiya was indeed a step which could be taken by a chosen holy personality, whose greatness is indeed worth discussing and it was this Sulh of Imam Hasan AS that paved way for the shahadat of Imam Hussain AS. A life changing saying of our Mola Hasan is "Piety is the gateway of all repentance and the principal of all wisdom and the distinction of all deeds."

Praying for my Shifa'a on the day of Qayamat from Rasool Allah SAWW and Imam Hasan AS.

Ghulame Hasane Mujtaba

Ahmad

Every time when I am faced with adversity I encourage myself to be as charismatic and honorable as Rasoolullah (pbuh) , as brave and strong as Imam Ali (as) , as loyal and steadfast as Bibi Fatima (as) , as noble and virtuous as Imam Hussain (as) and as patient and persevering as Imam Hasan (as) . Truly, it saddens me to think of Imam Ali's feelings after the "election" of AB, and it also saddens me to think of Imam Hussain alone, thirsty, and surrounded by enemies, But what makes me break down (like right now) is the thought of Imam Hasan having no rest due to the massive conspiracies that plagued him, and the fact that his own soldiers left him, and the fact that Muawiya's PR campaign among the hypocrites pitted the ignorant men against him and finally, the fact that his own wife murdered him. His was a life filled with intrigue and political turmoil, and what surprises me is the fact that he not only stood up against the dirty politics, but refused to take part in any activity that would threaten Islam. Inspite of the fact that his own men betrayed him, he stood steadfast. It is that thought which makes me think of him whenever I think of Imam Ali and Imam Hussain, At the end of every Majlis, when we are chanting 'Ya Hussain", i quietly add "Ya Hasan", because even though they gained martyrdom in different ways, their positive attitude makes their Shahadat so similar

As a postscript, I mean to add that of course Imam Hussain's way of shahadat overshadowed the other martyrdom traditions, but I wanted to honour the perseverance of Imam Hasan as well

There are some sayings with regard to Imam Hasan AS:

[it is reported by a group (of authorities), including Ma'mar, on the authority of al-Zuhri, on the authority of Anas b. Malik, who said:]

No one was more like the Apostle of God, may God bless him and his family, than al-Hasan b. Ali, peace be on them.

Fatima, peace be on her, brought her two sons, al-Hasan and al- Husayn, peace be on them, to the Apostle of God, may God bless him and his family, at the time when he was suffering from the sickness from which he died.

"Apostle of God," she said, "these are your two (grand) sons. Give them something as an inheritance."

"As for al-Hasan," he replied, "he has my form and my nobility. As for al-Husayn, he has my generosity and my bravery."

When Imam Hasan AS became the khalifa, the sahaba (ra) of Rasool Allah SAWW indeed said that he resembled his grandfather the most in his akhlaq(behaviour) and nobility. Imam Hasan AS was indeed shabihe Rasool Allah SAWW, i.e., he looked like him the most.

We, as the followers of the Ahlul Bait (as) should do the zikr of Imam Hasan AS and should talk about him. We can really bring the remembrance of this great Imam back to our hearts if we talk about him and his sayings and his greatness with our family members, cousins, friends, etc. Let us initiate it, InshAllah the Almighty Allah will help us. Amin Ya Rabbal Alamin.

You people kindly search more on this great Imam of ours on www.al-islam.org

As we say our salam to the loyal companions of Imam Hussain AS, we must also say our salam to the loyal companions of Imam Hasan AS, like Qays bin Sad (ra), Abdullah ibn Abbas (ra), Hijir bin Adi (ra), Adi bin Hatim (ra) and the other loyal followers because they supported him during the times when many other people who told themselves to be his companions were "bought" by Muawiya.

After his Sulh with Muawiya, he retired to Medina and preached Islam there for 10 yrs before his martydom.

How fortunate a time it was that saw Hasan ibn Ali (as) as the preacher of Islam.

Praying for my Shifa'a on the day of judgement from Rasool Allah SAWW and Imam Hasan AS.

Ghulame Hasan ibn Ali and Ahlebait

Ahmad

There are some sayings with regard to Imam Hasan AS:

[it is reported by a group (of authorities), including Ma'mar, on the authority of al-Zuhri, on the authority of Anas b. Malik, who said:]

No one was more like the Apostle of God, may God bless him and his family, than al-Hasan b. Ali, peace be on them.

Fatima, peace be on her, brought her two sons, al-Hasan and al- Husayn, peace be on them, to the Apostle of God, may God bless him and his family, at the time when he was suffering from the sickness from which he died.

"Apostle of God," she said, "these are your two (grand) sons. Give them something as an inheritance."

"As for al-Hasan," he replied, "he has my form and my nobility. As for al-Husayn, he has my generosity and my bravery."

When Imam Hasan AS became the khalifa, the sahaba RA of Rasool Allah SAWW indeed said that he resembled his grandfather the most in his akhlaq(behaviour) and nobility. Imam Hasan AS was indeed shabihe Rasool Allah SAWW, i.e., he looked like him the most.

We, as the followers of the Ahlul Bait AS should do the zikr of Imam Hasan AS and should talk about him. We can really bring the remembrance of this great Imam back to our hearts if we talk about him and his sayings and his greatness with our family members, cousins, friends, etc. Let us initiate it, InshAllah the Almighty Allah will help us. Amin Ya Rabbal Alamin.

You people kindly search more on this great Imam of ours on www.al-islam.org

As we say our salam to the loyal companions of Imam Hussain AS, we must also say our salam to the loyal companions of Imam Hasan AS, like Qays bin Sad RA, Abdullah ibn Abbas RA, Hijir bin Adi RA, Adi bin Hatim RA and the other loyal followers RA because they supported him during the times when many other people who told themselves to be his companions were "bought" by Muawiya.

After his Sulh with Muawiya, he retired to Medina and preached Islam there for 10 yrs before his martydom.

How fortunate a time it was that saw Hasan ibn Ali AS as the preacher of Islam.

Praying for my Shifa'a on the day of judgement from Rasool Allah SAWW and Imam Hasan AS.

Ghulame Hasan ibn Ali and Ahlebait

Ahmad

One more thing which I would like to share here is that we Muslims, Shias and Sunnis both are not just when it comes to Imam Hasan AS and Imam Hussain AS.We should do the zikr of Imam Hasan AS just as much as we do the zikr of Imam Hussain AS. Indeed Imam Hussain AS is Sayyadus Shuhada and his way of martydom was verily an act of extreme zulm, but Imam Hasan AS is also a martyr. Moreover, the saying of Rasool Allah SAWW that Hasan and Hussain are the chiefs of the youths of paradise testifies that their status is indeed equal.

I suggest, brothers and sisters go to www.khusroqasimbooksaligarh.blogspot.com and go to About Us.

He is a brother from Ahle Sunnat, and believe me, I have met him, he is indeed a very pious man.

InshAllah next time I'll write a durood which Hazrat Fatima SA herself told him in a dream.

(salam)

Tell me oh Shi'a...

(bismillah)

(salam)

To be honest brother I have been wondering the same. This brings me the dream that one person saw in ashura when Fatima Zahra (as) was crying and it was asked from her that is she crying because of his son Imam Hussain (as)? She replied no, then she told that she was crying because her son Imam Hasan (as) is so little remembered. :'(

Assalamu 3alaik ya Imam Hasan (as)

What you say is true. The Messenger of Allah said: "Al-Hasan and al-Husain are the chiefs of

the youth of Paradise and Fatimah is the chief of their women."

Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, p660, on the authority of Abu Sa'id and Hudhayfa

The 14 Infallible figures are equal authority, may Allah bless them all.

No brother GodBlessAli, 14 infallibles are "not" equal. Rasool Allah SAWW is above them all, the greatest and most blessed among them. If there is anyone who is the greatest after Allah SWT in the Alamin, its Rasool Allah Muhammad Sallalaho Alaihi Waa lehi Wassalam, and then his pure and pious Ahle Bait AS and then the loyal sahaba RA of Rasool Allah SAWW.

Regards

First Rasool Allah SAWW, then the Messengers of Allah Alaihimus Salam and the Ahlul Bayt AS of Rasool Allah SAWW and then his (SAWW) loyal companions and the truthful companions of the Messengers AS of Allah.

This is quite a clear concept . But it is also part of history that all of the companions were not truthful. 

Even the quran exhibits this fact and it not only praises one group but also it warns the second group and also clearly condemns the third group of companions. This third group includes the munfaiqeen present among the companions and pretending to be most faithful to the prophet but history (sahih bukhari) indicates they turned away from the religion.

This is quite a clear concept . But it is also part of history that all of the companions were not truthful. 

Even the quran exhibits this fact and it not only praises one group but also it warns the second group and also clearly condemns the third group of companions. This third group includes the munfaiqeen present among the companions and pretending to be most faithful to the prophet but history (sahih bukhari) indicates they turned away from the religion.

Dear Brother,

Thats why I clearly mentioned Rasool Allah SAWW's "loyal" sahaba (RA) and the "truthful" companions of the Messengers (AS) of Allah SWT.

Regards

Slave of Rasool Allah SAWW and his Ahlul Bayt AS and his loyal Companions RA

Ahmad