Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Majlis On Eid

Rate this topic

5a49

• Advanced Member

æÓÃáÊå Úä ÇáÛäÇÁ¡ ÃíÕáÍ Ýí ÇáÝØÑ æÇáÃÖÍì æÇáÝÑÍ íßæä¿ ÞÇá: " áÇ ÈÃÓ ãÇ áã íÒãÑ Èå

Imam al-Kadhim (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã) was asked about singing, is it permissible on Eid al-Fitr, Eid al-Adha, and in times of joy? He said, "There is no problem if it is not accompanied by musical instruments (lit. the flute)." (Masail `Ali ibn Ja`far)

The two Eids are exceptions to the general rule in which singing and celebration are allowed. Therefore, the perception of `Ali ibn Ja`far to ask this question, and the response, indicate the permissibility of celebrating Eid.

Not that it even needs to be said.

I was waiting for someone to post this one, thanks.

I can make a very stable position for celebrating Eid actually, I was just proving my point that people claim things without having any proof for them.

• Advanced Member

^ Ditto.

Today there are Eid festivals all over Sydney. While I have my fairy floss and go on every single ride, shop at every single stall and listen to countless nasheeds in this beautiful weather, this thread will be on my mind, and i will say a little prayer for the people who won't be joining in on the festivities. I'm such a considerate sister.

:D

• Advanced Member

^ Ditto.

Today there are Eid festivals all over Sydney. While I have my fairy floss and go on every single ride, shop at every single stall and listen to countless nasheeds in this beautiful weather, this thread will be on my mind, and i will say a little prayer for the people who won't be joining in on the festivities. I'm such a considerate sister.

Oh it`s a bit too late for Eid now...it`s been over for a couple of days.

Sorry to kill the mood...

^ Ditto.

Practically he is telling you, you can be happy just on the day of Eid, and then you go back to mourning.

• Advanced Member

We have Eid festivals a week later so people get to spend time with their families on the exact three days of Eid.

You didn't kill anything, still got my fairy floss, want some?

• Advanced Member
But I'm hoping at the same time, a Shia who is trying to get into religion, or a Sunni thinking of converting, or a non-Muslim thinking to convert, doesnt read this thread...

Alhamdulillah I've met many converts, but I've yet to meet one who converted because of Eid celebrations.

Wallahu A'lam

Come on now, one must use their logic.

I agree we must remember the ahlulbayt(as) all the time in our hearts,and most importantly remember Allah every hour of every day and worship him and work to seek his pleasure.

We should be sad about the martydom of Imam Hussain(as), no doubt about it. and we should mourn for him in the prescribed periods, but their is a wide gap between being sad in our hearts and being sad in our actions(if that makes sense) all the time.

Now, in 'RoAcHy's post she mentioned that these people do nothing but wait for the Imam. Now is that what the prophet ordered them to do? Is that what Allah ordered us to do?

Like I said at the begininng of the post, the most important thing is to remember Allah frequently, so are these people forsaking the rembrance of God the Almighty by doing nothing but waiting for the Imam? Why don't they ever hold majalis that consist of Qur'an reciations and supplications? or Qur'an classes for young kids.

I will end with the saying of the Ahlulbayt(as), which I am right in saying some of you have already mentioned, which says "Our followers are happy when we are happy, and sad when we are sad", this is to say that there are days when we should be happy, and we musn't spend our whole life mourning, otherwise surely we would be in some error.

Edited by Bint Al Sayed

• Advanced Member

Assalam o alaikum. Why so much hue and cry about these people? What I understood from the original post , this group of people follows a certain religious personality ( don't want to mention name as I may be wrong and a new SC war will break out.) These people mourn all year long , especially on eid days and even their weddings. They pray for the Hasty Reappearance of Imam e Zamana ajf so that they can see the revenge of Imam Hussain asws being taken . Whatever their opinions , we must not judge them as all are free do what they like. Mourning for Imam Hussain is not confined to any place or time AND IT DOES NO HARM TO THE CAUSE OF IMAM HUSSAIN asws. As for me I was sad this eid as our brother left us for some reasons and I remembered the loss of Imam Hussain's daughter Syeda Fatimah Sughra s.a. and I automatically weeped for her. See the connection? We can not spend a single without being connected to Karbala.

• Advanced Member

.......... I think what most people were trying to say, but somehow it's like explaining politics to a two year old ( or me), is that we are HAPPY when the Ahlulbayt bayt are happy, and we are SAD when they are sad. If there is a Eid after Ramadan, it would have been a day where they would have been happy.

I don't understand why a lot of Shia cannot tolerate happiness. Even days that Allah (swt) has blessed us with. Don't make up your own religion by taking an extreme route, it doesn't take you nearer to God, infact it only drowns you in your own misery. Through out the year there are significant Islamic days, some which are spent in mourning and some in celebration.

Eid is spent in celebration. We celebrate on the birthdays of the Prophet and his household. We mourn on the days marking their death. There is a balance. Unless someone has died on the day of Eid, or you are visiting a lost one, there is no reason to mourn. A majlis s uncalled for. It's Eid. Give humanity a break.

GO HAVE SOME FAIRYFLOSS.

• Advanced Member
I think what most people were trying to say, but somehow it's like explaining politics to a two year old ( or me), is that we are HAPPY when the Ahlulbayt bayt are happy, and we are SAD when they are sad.

Agreed, but what other people are saying is that the ahlulbayt (as) were sad during the two eids according to ahadith.

Wallahu A'lam

I don't understand why a lot of Shia cannot tolerate happiness.

Even a Shia person who listens to music, listens to depressing songs.

We get happy being sad..that should be the motto

Agreed, but what other people are saying is that the ahlulbayt (as) were sad during the two eids according to ahadith.

Wallahu A'lam

They used to pray 51 Rikaats a day. Are you?

PS. I highly doubt that such a Hadith is correct because it contradicts the Quran and what Allah said.

Edited by RoAcHy

• Veteran Member

Even a Shia person who listens to music, listens to depressing songs.

We get happy being sad..that should be the motto

That's the thing, people actually enjoy being sad, they enjoy doing tatbir, they live for the sad times, so doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose, you refuse to celebrate, but you love being sad so much, it is more or less a celebration.

You have people claiming we will be mourning in heaven, so that is actually their idea of paradise!

The is an old thread that I can't find about azadari in heaven, but you had people more or less claiming that they don't want to be in a place where they can't wear black and cut themselves.

That's the thing, people actually enjoy being sad, they enjoy doing tatbir, they live for the sad times, so doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose, you refuse to celebrate, but you love being sad so much, it is more or less a celebration.

You have people claiming we will be mourning in heaven, so that is actually their idea of paradise!

The is an old thread that I can't find about azadari in heaven, but you had people more or less claiming that they don't want to be in a place where they can't wear black and cut themselves.

I wonder how these people stay faithful to religion

• Advanced Member

We have Eid festivals a week later so people get to spend time with their families on the exact three days of Eid.

You didn't kill anything, still got my fairy floss, want some?

Save it for Ashura when you'll make your next argument about how we're all a bunch of depressed lowlifes who don't know who live like human beings.

• Advanced Member

The majlis people even doesn't know we have made 6 pages of their majlis

Yeah you are right bro. But I think discussing and criticizing other people's beliefs and faiths is the most important task at hand, even more than striving to get our Aakhirah straightened. We need to learn to LIVE AND LET LIVE.

There is a time to mourn Imam hussain a.s. the ten days of ashura, NOT eid lol

He came to save Islam, and now we have turned the entire message into mourning for him.

Please - lets remember his sacriifice- BUT to a significantly greater extent, what he sacrificed for (islam)

If prophet ISA will tell some christians they are not of him, do you not think the prophet pbuh or the imams will not tell those who took it to extremes like the christians that they are not of them ?

I AM TALKING OF EXTREMES...like having azadaree on eid which my mosque and every one i have visited would never do.

we put the place in lights

Edited by Logical Islam

This person has problem with everything ^ lanat , arabic, zanjeer and now mourning. God save you brother

Lanat - i only said i do not openly curse the first three caliphs based on shia sunni unity, something a lot of ayatullahs have asked agreed with me on.

Arabic - i made a thread to urge people to read the english translation, just as much as the arabic, for if you do not know what you are saying, what is the point in saying it ?

Zanjeer - ruins the image of islam, my school of thought, is an act of self harm , and imam khomeini was against it, among 20 + ayatullahs. go to tatbir.org

I have nothing against mourning, for one who gave his life to save my religion. The time when we dedicate more time to mourning the person who saved islam, rather than learning the teachings of islam and what he actually saved, is a sad day. Mourning has it's time and place , i beleive. This is why we have muharram's ten days. Let us use more energy in learning about islam, and why we actually exist.

peace be with you

• Advanced Member

Save it for Ashura when you'll make your next argument about how we're all a bunch of depressed lowlifes who don't know who live like human beings.

I think I was very clear in all my posts, don't twist the story, I have no problem with mourning. I have a problem with mourning on Eid. As I said in many of my other posts, and I still can't believe you'd say something like that even though I have been so repetitive, we are happy when they are happy, sad when they are sad. There is your Hadith, I wrote it in Arabic a couple of posts before. Ashura is a time for mourning and commemorating the tragedy of Karbala. Eid Isnt.

Now, your next task is to ask a 6 year old in an Islamic school what the difference between Eid and Ashura is.

Stop making silly accusations.

Believe me I haven't read your post ^ I don't have so muh of potential to argue with you kind of people carry on dude lots of people has already done this but it doesn't affected to tatbir at all

You also try best of luck

salam bro.

if anything i say is unclear, please call me out on it, and if i have time i will try to answer.

When we say, let us focus more on the message hussain a.s. saved, rather than in the manner he saved it, we are called those who are against remembering his sacrifice.

Consider this.

you have a message, that will allow people to understand their very purpose in life, and why they exist.

God decides to save this message through you.

You die, and save this message.

Would you want:

> people to remember more on how you saved the message, rather than the message itself ?

> only remember the message

> remember the message, but allocate a time in the year which one can remember you sacrifice WITH THE REASON that it reminds them how importiant their message is.

Our ultimate aim in life is to gain nearness to the divine being who created the universe from nothing. fashioned it's laws, and created complex creation. we can not grasp Allah swt, as he says "none is comparable to him" in the Quran.

Sometimes, even too much 'love' can be as worse as hatred.