Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Mocking Ziyrat Hussain Or Matam With Video

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

as salaam alakim!

I recently came across a link on youtube where appently the late Ayatollah Hakim is doing Zirat Hussain suring asura in qom,and starts some form of wailing for hussain, and both kafirs and wahabbis turned it into a mocking joke on a youtube video making fun of it by adding music and calling it a "Muslim rave Party or rave party sensation. sorry about the music but here is the link.

warning you might find this dusturbing and very offensive.

Guest ahlulbayti

as salaam alakim!

I recently came across a link on youtube where appently the late Ayatollah Hakim is doing Zirat Hussain suring asura in qom,and starts some form of wailing for hussain, and both kafirs and wahabbis turned it into a mocking joke on a youtube video making fun of it by adding music and calling it a "Muslim rave Party or rave party sensation. sorry about the music but here is the link.

warning you might find this dusturbing and very offensive.

:donno: :wacko: :mellow: :no: :huh: :yaali: :yaali: :yaali: :yaali: :yaali:

• Advanced Member

Unfortunately lots of people, non-muslims as well as disrespectful people from other schools, have mocked this clip. At the end of the day it's unfortunate for them, not us.

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said

íÇ ÝÇØãÉ ßá Úíä ÈÇßíÉ íæã ÇáÞíÇãÉ ÇáÇ Úíä ÈßÊ Úáì ãÕÇÈ ÇáÍÓíä Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ÝÅäåÇ ÖÇÍßÉ ãÓÊÈÔÑÉ ÈäÚíã ÇáÌäÉ

Translation: Oh fatimah, every eye shall be weeping on the day of judgement except the eye which wept over the tragedy of Hussain (as) because surely that eye shall be laughing and shall be given the glad tidings of the bounties and comforts of Paradise.

May Allah (swt) have mercy on the martyr Sayyed Muhammad Baqir al Hakim (who is in the clip).

Edited by Follower
  • Veteran Member

Sunnis have spoken to me about this video, and the main point seems to be, if it is spontaneous and not pre-planned, why did they take the glass of water away before he started, I guess the same could be said for the mic.

It isn't a totally unvalid point.

Edited by Ali_Hussain
  • Advanced Member

Sunnis have spoken to me about this video, and the main point seems to be, if it is spontaneous and not pre-planned, why did they take the glass of water away before he started, I guess the same could be said for the mic.

Brother please don't tell me you're serious? They do that in EVERY majlis.....obviously if the people who are telling you this are making a big deal over a glass of water then none of them have been to a Hussaini Majlis...

• Advanced Member

To the OP: If you think non-Muslims mock the mourning of Imam al-Hussain (as), you haven't been on this site long enough.

The worst thing is claiming to be Shi'i yet use every opportunity to degrade and mock how their brothers go about their mourning.

• Veteran Member

Brother please don't tell me you're serious? They do that in EVERY majlis.....obviously if the people who are telling you this are making a big deal over a glass of water then none of them have been to a Hussaini Majlis...

Well as both were sunni, I guess not, one was from damascus, he's an apostate, but he seemed somewhat familiar with a lot of the popular rituals.

The other one was from Iraq, also kind of an atheist.

But it was just a comment, even though I think one of them as a bit of a nasibi, I don't think this comment was driven from any kind of nasb.

Not all majalis end in this way either.

Edited by Ali_Hussain
  • Advanced Member

Well as both were sunni, I guess not, one was from damascus, he's an apostate, but he seemed somewhat familiar with a lot of the popular rituals.

The other one was from Iraq, also kind of an atheist.

But it was just a comment, even though I think one of them as a bit of a nasibi, I don't think this comment was driven from any kind of nasb.

Not all majalis end in this way either.

Bringing water to the minbar isn't a focal point of the majlis, that's why.

• Veteran Member

assalamu alayka ya aba abdillah

may Allah curse your oppressors and those who agree with them

they dont leave your harm even after your death

few weeks ago, the najis wahabis start making dirty jokes about Ahlulbayt, Syeda Fatimah and Hassan & Hussain

i couldnt care less what the sunnis think about this video because they dont think, if they had little of intellect they would not be used as self blown puppets for the imperialism

they only thing they know is to hate and to mock

power seekers,money worshippers except few

they have disfigured the islam with them associating themself to it while they lack the basic understaing of what is it about, they dont even know who Allah is, ask them and they will tell you he is a man in the seven sky sitting on throne

i know many come here seeking truth, may Allah guid them ,but plenty others are here to demean the shia to make them look down at themselves

and Shia are being stupid making a big deal of every stupid comment made by a nasibi

if you think that there are practices that are embarrassing then mocking ashura or mocking your brothers is not the way to solve it

Moharram Ma'tams can be as emotional as that, you might agree or disagree on the way they react or express their sorrow, you may like it or dislike it

thats up to you

there is the fact that we hold that the only perfect muslims are the ma'someen, all others are pron to mistakes

if sunnis will clinge to roughly 1 mint of head beating forgetting about the other 30 min of speech then definitly they are not interested to know but interseted to tease and mock, they deserve nothing but to ignore their request of explaining the clip

• Advanced Member

assalamu alayka ya aba abdillah

may Allah curse your oppressors and those who agree with them

they dont leave your harm even after your death

few weeks ago, the najis wahabis start making dirty jokes about Ahlulbayt, Syeda Fatimah and Hassan & Hussain

i couldnt care less what the sunnis think about this video because they dont think, if they had little of intellect they would not be used as self blown puppets for the imperialism

they only thing they know is to hate and to mock

power seekers,money worshippers except few

they have disfigured the islam with them associating themself to it while they lack the basic understaing of what is it about, they dont even know who Allah is, ask them and they will tell you he is a man in the seven sky sitting on throne

i know many come here seeking truth, may Allah guid them ,but plenty others are here to demean the shia to make them look down at themselves

and Shia are being stupid making a big deal of every stupid comment made by a nasibi

if you think that there are practices that are embarrassing then mocking ashura or mocking your brothers is not the way to solve it

Moharram Ma'tams can be as emotional as that, you might agree or disagree on the way they react or express their sorrow, you may like it or dislike it

thats up to you

there is the fact that we hold that the only perfect muslims are the ma'someen, all others are pron to mistakes

if sunnis will clinge to roughly 1 mint of head beating forgetting about the other 30 min of speech then definitly they are not interested to know but interseted to tease and mock, they deserve nothing but to ignore their request of explaining the clip

Our brother said it all.

• Advanced Member

Does anyone really expect otherwise from people who deviate Islam and prefer following Abu Bakr and loving Sahabah over being a Muslim and following the Quran and Sunnah?

Well said. Their blind worship of abu bakr and umar is unbelievable and the main reason for their extreme deviation. May Allah (s.w.t) bring them out of their darkness if they sincerely want to get back to Islam.

Edited by wayfarer.

Well said. Their blind worship of abu bakr and umar is unbelievable and the main reason for their extreme deviation. May Allah (s.w.t) bring them out of their darkness if they sincerely want to get back to Islam.

InshAllah. May Allah remove the seal from their hearts and make them embrace Islam.

• Advanced Member

To the OP: If you think non-Muslims mock the mourning of Imam al-Hussain (as), you haven't been on this site long enough.

The worst thing is claiming to be Shi'i yet use every opportunity to degrade and mock how their brothers go about their mourning.

What are you implying,that im the one that was mocking the matam of imam Hussain? I would never do such a thing! I was just telling the bros and sis on here about a clip on youtube used by non muslims and wahabbis to mock shias. This is exactly what i mean everytime i post some thing on here i get made out like im the bad guy. I guess Hizbullah guy was right this forum has been infiltrated by kafirs and zionist and fake shias!

• Advanced Member

What are you implying,that im the one that was mocking the matam of imam Hussain? I would never do such a thing! I was just telling the bros and sis on here about a clip on youtube used by non muslims and wahabbis to mock shias. This is exactly what i mean everytime i post some thing on here i get made out like im the bad guy. I guess Hizbullah guy was right this forum has been infiltrated by kafirs and zionist and fake shias!

You've misunderstood him, he wasn't saying you are one of them at all.

He means - if you are shocked to see Sunnis mocking mourning, then you'll be even more shocked when you witness some Shias on this forum who also mock the mourning for Imam Hussain (as).

Edited by Replicant
  • Advanced Member

You've misunderstood him, he wasn't saying you are one of them at all.

He means - if you are shocked to see Sunnis mocking mourning, then you'll be even more shocked when you witness some Shias on this forum who also mock the mourning for Imam Hussain (as).

ok,your right,i mis understood,my bad

• Advanced Member

During speeches scholars are provided with water and glasses are often removed and refilled several times during majlis. So whats the big deal about that?

• Veteran Member

During speeches scholars are provided with water and glasses are often removed and refilled several times during majlis. So whats the big deal about that?

I don't see why this is a hard point to get, this is the argument the guy used.

1 - the shi'a say the grief isn't pre planned

2 - the guy had a glass of water next to him, and just before he started hitting himself, the glass of water was removed.

3 - the claim is, it was not spontaneous, rather, it was pre planned.

Even though I do think it was a fair enough point, it doesn't make to much sense if you think about it, a more logical way to view it was that the person in the video was known to get really emmotional and to stop him from smashing the glass on his head, it was taken away. It also isn't such a good point, because, without sound, its hard to know what emmotions the person was going through just before that.

• Advanced Member
It also isn't such a good point, because, without sound, its hard to know what emmotions the person was going through just before that.

I've posted the original video, with English subtitles so that everyone can understand inshaAllah.

To be honest I can't even see the glass of water or what goes on with it. As for why the man would move the mic away, he obviously knows that the maqtal is coming to an end and that usually at this stage everybody gets to their feet, many in an emotional state, so he's moving away any mics/glasses/anything else while there is still space to do so.

I wonder when/where this type of matam originated. To me, if I'm mourning, it seems unnatural to beat myself.

Arab culture

I think it's more how the band leader at the lower center takes this beautiful genuine moment of emotional expression, and segues it seamlessly into some robotic lockstep matam session. It's disturbing...

When it comes to mourning, the protocol on this forum appears to be "fake until proven genuine". Actually, if you ever attend such a gathering where the maqtal of Aba 'Abdillah (as) is recited you will notice that apart from the speaker, the crowd is also very emotional. There is nothing unusual about this because for the Shiite muslims the day of Aashura is a day of immense grief, as described by our Aimmah (as) centuries ago. Alhamdulillah this still holds true today.

It's normal for the maqtal to be followed directly by latom, and I would hardly call it robotic since this is often a time where people are perhaps the most grieved and immerged in the tragedies of the day.

I don't know what you were expecting the man to do.

Wallahu A'lam

Edited by Follower
  • Advanced Member

It amazes me how one can take something as beautiful as that as just make it ugly. Wahhabis sure have some weird talents like that.

Sometimes I try to imagine myself in the shoes of different people and try to understand their viewpoints... wahhabis are sort of special in that I can never fully understand what they think. They act religious, and try to appeal to a religious audience, yet they do things like this and... its hard to understand how a logical person could net this result. I guess they really are just stupid. Blind faith does that I guess :/

Edited by Jay
  • Advanced Member

I've posted the original video, with English subtitles so that everyone can understand inshaAllah.

To be honest I can't even see the glass of water or what goes on with it. As for why the man would move the mic away, he obviously knows that the maqtal is coming to an end and that usually at this stage everybody gets to their feet, many in an emotional state, so he's moving away any mics/glasses/anything else while there is still space to do so.

Arab culture

When it comes to mourning, the protocol on this forum appears to be "fake until proven genuine". Actually, if you ever attend such a gathering where the maqtal of Aba 'Abdillah (as) is recited you will notice that apart from the speaker, the crowd is also very emotional. There is nothing unusual about this because for the Shiite muslims the day of Aashura is a day of immense grief, as described by our Aimmah (as) centuries ago. Alhamdulillah this still holds true today.

It's normal for the maqtal to be followed directly by latom, and I would hardly call it robotic since this is often a time where people are perhaps the most grieved and immerged in the tragedies of the day.

I don't know what you were expecting the man to do.

Wallahu A'lam

That's a BS answer though. Look at the video. The scholar, in his genuine moment, lost it and started hitting his head. The latom leader took a look back, thought about it for a moment, and then started prompting the audience to hit their heads too.

Spontaneous ...... artificial / contrived.

Night and day.

• Advanced Member
That's a BS answer though.

SubhanAllah.

The scholar, in his genuine moment, lost it and started hitting his head. The latom leader took a look back, thought about it for a moment, and then started prompting the audience to hit their heads too.

To put it in simple terms, according to you, the man you're referring to and the crowd weren't grieved but the scholar was, correct?

• Advanced Member

The weird thing is I watched the video again and I only see one man hitting himself on the head (the one you refer to as the latom leader). You seem to be imagining "the rest".

Wallahu A'lam

Have you been to such gatherings? What do the latom followers do when the latom leader does something? The same thing.

Why is the latom leader hitting his head anyway? Is he losing it in the throes of emotion like the speaker? No. He looks pretty calm and collected. It's all very mechanical. He is hitting his head in a mechanical, rhythmic, beatlike manner, prompting others to do the same.

• Advanced Member
Have you been to such gatherings?

Many times. It's common to see people in the crowd grieving (in their own respective ways), and when the maqtal finishes many of them are hitting their chests or heads regardless of what an imaginary leader may or may not be doing.

Anyhow, I think this is getting a little long for a conversation about how it's disturbing for an individual to strike his head on the day of 'Ashura, so I won't waste more of your time.

Wallahu A'lam

• Advanced Member

Many times. It's common to see people in the crowd grieving (in their own respective ways), and when the maqtal finishes many of them are hitting their chests or heads regardless of what an imaginary leader may or may not be doing.

Anyhow, I think this is getting a little long for a conversation about how it's disturbing for an individual to strike his head on the day of 'Ashura, so I won't waste more of your time.

Wallahu A'lam

Well, I mean, if you're going to pretend to not understand the actual issue, then, yes, it is a waste of time.