Sign in to follow this  
SyedaZainab

Death & My Grandad (my Allah Grant Him Jannah Ia)

Rate this topic

AsalaamOLaikum.

First of all could you all please read surah Fatiha for my beloved Grandad who has passed away.

My Grandad (Father's Father) whom I was very very very close too passed away five years ago, however all the memories live on and I still feel so close to him but all connection to him in reality has been cut off this makes me really upset and sometimes ill just sit there and cry. I do know that this does not help at all and dua is the best thing to do. I will just casually read Surah Fatihah and Surah Ikhlas whenever I do think of him. However, I feel this is not enough and want to increase my knowledge in this aspect. What can I do for the Dead - my Grandad? I really want him to go Jannah insha'Allah and for Allah to forgive all his sins (if any) How do I ask of this? And is reading Surah Ikhlas/Fatiha casually with him in mind helping him at all?? I truly love him to bits and wish he would come back alive, which is obviously impossible so I want to instead help him as much as I can. Please post your advice. :) Also could you increase my knowledge in can the Dead see us, hear us etc? Thank-you!

Hope you are all well insha'Allah and enjoying Ramadhan as it comes to an end.

AsalaamOLaikum.

First of all could you all please read surah Fatiha for my beloved Grandad who has passed away.

My Grandad (Father's Father) whom I was very very very close too passed away five years ago, however all the memories live on and I still feel so close to him but all connection to him in reality has been cut off this makes me really upset and sometimes ill just sit there and cry. I do know that this does not help at all and dua is the best thing to do. I will just casually read Surah Fatihah and Surah Ikhlas whenever I do think of him. However, I feel this is not enough and want to increase my knowledge in this aspect. What can I do for the Dead - my Grandad? I really want him to go Jannah insha'Allah and for Allah to forgive all his sins (if any) How do I ask of this? And is reading Surah Ikhlas/Fatiha casually with him in mind helping him at all?? I truly love him to bits and wish he would come back alive, which is obviously impossible so I want to instead help him as much as I can. Please post your advice. :) Also could you increase my knowledge in can the Dead see us, hear us etc? Thank-you!

Hope you are all well insha'Allah and enjoying Ramadhan as it comes to an end.

Wealakom al-salam Sister,

May he rest in peace, Ina LeAllah wa ina Ele7i Raja3oon, I suggest we make a thread were we Complete the Holy Quran for him, maybe we can all contribute :), if I can assit anyway please tell me, I will recite Fatiha.

Al-Fatiha, Before it a Salawat

Wealakom al-salam Sister,

May he rest in peace, Ina LeAllah wa ina Ele7i Raja3oon, I suggest we make a thread were we Complete the Holy Quran for him, maybe we can all contribute :), if I can assit anyway please tell me, I will recite Fatiha.

Al-Fatiha, Before it a Salawat

Aww this is very sweet, thank you alot, I would like to this but wouldnt want to put pressure on people?

Al fatiha

Yes i already read this.

Aww this is very sweet, thank you alot, I would like to this but wouldnt want to put pressure on people?

Sister Salam,

Well it is not pressure just make a thread say completion of Holy Qur'an for my Grandfather, make a list and if people want to contribute they can contribute :), if not you can always ask friends & families isA you will be able to complete!

Majlis e aza

Beleive me if some one from the majlis adopt some thing like if the speaker will tell the punishment for the abusive language and a single person decides to not to abuse further in his life and started Amaal on it then you as well as your marhoom also will get the sawaab til that person is practicing .

Sister Salam,

Well it is not pressure just make a thread say completion of Holy Qur'an for my Grandfather, make a list and if people want to contribute they can contribute :), if not you can always ask friends & families isA you will be able to complete!

Assalamou Alaykum,

Sounds like a great idea. I'd be willing to contribute and I'm sure others would also. May not happen overnight but it's the intention that counts!

Edited by amira_786

My grandmother passed away last monday and I'm probably going through the same jihad as you sister <3

It's hard I know and if you need anyone to talk to, I'm here for any lover of Imam Mahdi.

When I visit her grave, my family and I usually recite Surah yaseen, zukhraf (helps her when the grave is closing on her), and mulk. I usually do tasbihutul arba for her because i remember learning that while you are reciting the tasbih, a palace in jannah is being built for you. But I mostly do it because remembering the greatness of Allah swt helps me calm down. I get very emotional and whenever I feel like Im about to cry, I praise Allah swt. Try it. It may work for you.

We also recite ziyaratul ashura and sometimes I talk to her in her grave reminding her to not worry and that Imam Mahdi will help us when we're being judged in front Allah swt inshaAllah.

My extended family and friends helped us recite the entire quran for her. So for sure I'll help you! If you want that quran to be done, maybe we can do a double niyyat--a haadiya to both our grandparents?

My extended family is reciting Surah Mulk for her for 40 days. Also we're holding majalis for Imam Hussain in her name every weekend for about 5 weeks or so.

We also take our sadaqa as a haadiya for Imam Mahdi in the name of my grandmother.

None of what I'm telling you is hadith, so there may be recommended things you can do.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Edited by CityOfKnowledge