Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SyedaZainab

Baby Names.

Rate this topic

Boy danial and kaif, girl Sakina or sukayna

I used to want to call my boy Danial but not now due to it being too mainstream, I do still like it though..

I prefer unique names, althogh I like Sakina, I love the name Sukayna due to its uniqueness :)

I like the names Habib and Jalaal

I think we have a narration from Imam Hussain (as) where he says: "If I were to have 1000 sons and 1000 daughers, I would name them all Ali and Fatimah."

This is useful:

THE RIGHT TO HAVE A GOOD NAME: Imam ‘Ali says: “The first beneficence of a parent towards his child is to give him a good name; therefore, you should name your child with a good name.” A child hears his name day and night; and it is reasonable to believe that the meaning of that name subconsciously strengthens those characteristics which are implied in that name. What is emphasized here is the fact that a name has a psychological effect on the person, provided it is not counter-manded by rearing or society.

A bad name has one more tangible evil effect. Whenever that name is announced, the person will feel embarrassment and the name will become a source of constant irritation, affecting his outlook on society. Hence the emphasis in ahādith on giving good names to children.

The Prophet used to emphasize this aspect of life so much that Imam as-Sadiq said, “The Prophet used to change the bad names of people and places.”

http://www.al-islam.org/islam_faith_practice_history/35.htm

Edited by Replicant

I like my name :D

I love the name Mahdi... Mahdi :wub:

A bad name has one more tangible evil effect. Whenever that name is announced, the person will feel embarrassment and the name will become a source of constant irritation, affecting his outlook on society.

There was this guy in one of my classes named Osama, and he was embarrassed because people laughed everytime his name was annouced. They would call him Osama Bin Ladin. :(

Boy: Haydar, Taha, Abbas and Hassan...

Girl: Zainab...

Haydar and Abbas are lovely names :)

I think we have a narration from Imam Hussain (as) where he says: "If I were to have 1000 sons and 1000 daughers, I would name them all Ali and Fatimah."

This is useful:

THE RIGHT TO HAVE A GOOD NAME: Imam ‘Ali says: “The first beneficence of a parent towards his child is to give him a good name; therefore, you should name your child with a good name.” A child hears his name day and night; and it is reasonable to believe that the meaning of that name subconsciously strengthens those characteristics which are implied in that name. What is emphasized here is the fact that a name has a psychological effect on the person, provided it is not counter-manded by rearing or society.

A bad name has one more tangible evil effect. Whenever that name is announced, the person will feel embarrassment and the name will become a source of constant irritation, affecting his outlook on society. Hence the emphasis in ahādith on giving good names to children.

The Prophet used to emphasize this aspect of life so much that Imam as-Sadiq said, “The Prophet used to change the bad names of people and places.”

http://www.al-islam...._history/35.htm

Yes, I have also heard that quote that Imam Ali woud name his children like that.

And yes I do agree, they should defonetley have a good name with a good arabic meaning behind them.

I like my name :D

I love the name Mahdi... Mahdi :wub:

There was this guy in one of my classes named Osama, and he was embarrassed because people laughed everytime his name was annouced. They would call him Osama Bin Ladin. :(

What is your name? Mahdi is a nice name, I do agree.

& Lol, thats horrible, he shouldnt have been embarrased though I know a few Osamas, who like their name..

I was told of someone a few years ago who had twins and named one Oompa and the other Loompa -_-

Lool! That is quite funny if it is true

Boy: Ali, Hussain, Hassan, Riyan, Haider, Kumail, Raza

Girl: Fatimah, Zehra, Sukeyna, Salamah, Zaira, (my name)

You have a really nice name :)

girls: Rahila, Leah, kawthar, taqwa >> they r all pretty

boys: I love prophet names >> Suliman, yusuf, noah, ALSO Hassan NasrAllah >> best name in the world

Leah is very nice.. and yes I agree prophet names are lovely!

Just a thought - Would you prevent calling your child a name due to a negative encounter you had with somebody with that name?

Leah is very nice.. and yes I agree prophet names are lovely!

Just a thought - Would you prevent calling your child a name due to a negative encounter you had with somebody with that name?

Yes, I have few names on my NEVER EVER list just because of irritating people coz names affect on personalities

Ive always liked Yousif very much :wub: and also Ali and Isa

I used to think i'd call a little girl Amber, but then i kept hearing people call their kids it >.< so now it seems not so unique, but i'd have it as a second name and maybe spelt 'Amba' instead, after the mango pickle :D

Sister my name is not Zaira. Your mistaken. :D. I placed a comma before the brackets and did not mention my name here. I used the brackets to show that I like my name.

Oh lol.. My badd..

Boys: Akbar and Asghar, Hussain and Abbas, Aun and Mohammad, Mohammad and Ali

Lovely names :)

My favourites:

Girl: Zahra, Aizah, Aalia, Haya, Amal, Iman, Dua

Boy: Ali, Adil, Hassan, Sajjad

Insha'Allah! :wub:

I very muh like the girl names you have chosen :)

Swaggster and Yoloer.

Lol! Lets hope they wont be yolo'ing things ha

Girl's name---my mother's name, which is also mine----- Sakeena /Sukyena ---and---Sara

Boys--------Ilyas, Salman, Ali and Haider---I like name Meesam also but I do not know it's meaning but it sounds good--

Ah yes Meesam is a sweet name

Boy: Abbas, Hur

Girl: Ulya

I like the boy names :) and how do you pronounce Ulya?.. Sorry but i am saying it and it reminds me of the way you sick in urdu lol

Boys : Taqi, Ali, Ahmed, Reza and Abbas.

Girls : Zainab, Fatimah, Mariyam, Iman and Dua.

Aww you have a lovely choice :)

Yes, I have few names on my NEVER EVER list just because of irritating people coz names affect on personalities

The feeling is mutual!

Jawadain sounds like a nice name but I don't think I would name my son that if I had one..probably because it's not a common name for Iranians to put.

Ooo Jawadain is a very unique name, I like :)

Ive always liked Yousif very much :wub: and also Ali and Isa

I used to think i'd call a little girl Amber, but then i kept hearing people call their kids it >.< so now it seems not so unique, but i'd have it as a second name and maybe spelt 'Amba' instead, after the mango pickle :D

Haha yeah I dont like it when names are too common, like goin for unique ones too

I like the boy names :) and how do you pronounce Ulya?.. Sorry but i am saying it and it reminds me of the way you sick in urdu lol

Salam. its simple, olya, sorry for mistake. Olya is female of Aala. and Aala is opposite of Adna, whose female is Dunya.

and it is the laqab of Syada Zynab s.a. I hope you understand Laqab. Dont know what is it called in english.

Salam. its simple, olya, sorry for mistake. Olya is female of Aala. and Aala is opposite of Adna, whose female is Dunya.

and it is the laqab of Syada Zynab s.a. I hope you understand Laqab. Dont know what is it called in english.

Ohh nice and unique names there :) and no im sorry i dont know what laqab is

Boy name: Haider, Hassan, Abbas, Zulfiquar n Yaqub

Girl name: Zainab, Sakina n Zahra

I like the name Zulfiquar, the sword?