Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Looking For Syed Marriage (insha'Allah)

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Asaalm-O-Laikum,

I would like advice on the topic of finding a Syed man to marry, I myself am Syed and currently looking for marriage Insha'Allah. I am coming on to the age of eighteen, I would say so myself I am mature for my age although this sounds ever so young. Wondering how I would take this about? Advice is appreciated. :)

Guest ahlulbayti

Asaalm-O-Laikum,

I would like advice on the topic of finding a Syed man to marry, I myself am Syed and currently looking for marriage Insha'Allah. I am coming on to the age of eighteen, I would say so myself I am mature for my age although this sounds ever so young. Wondering how I would take this about? Advice is appreciated. :)

salamun alaikum sister

wow mashallah 18 lol, am 18 also and im sayed too alhamdulillah, inshallah all the best...so whats the rush lol..if you dont mind me asking :D

you should go to hawzah there are many good sayed brothers there..

fi aman Allah

• Advanced Member

Asaalm-O-Laikum,

I would like advice on the topic of finding a Syed man to marry, I myself am Syed and currently looking for marriage Insha'Allah. I am coming on to the age of eighteen, I would say so myself I am mature for my age although this sounds ever so young.

Wondering how I would take this about? Advice is appreciated. :)

Talk to your family first, and let them help you in your search for a compatible spouse.

• Basic Members

last time I checked ShiaChat wasn't a marriage matchmaker!

EDIT: will you settle for a mirza? :P

Wow thanks for letting me know that ShiaChat isnt a marriage matchmker.. but I was simply seeking advice, my intention was not too find anyone on here..

Good Luck Sister. I will pray for you. INSHALLAH you will find someone soon. ^_^

Thank-you so much Sister, I appreciate it :)

salamun alaikum sister

wow mashallah 18 lol, am 18 also and im sayed too alhamdulillah, inshallah all the best...so whats the rush lol..if you dont mind me asking :D

you should go to hawzah there are many good sayed brothers there..

fi aman Allah

Wa-alaykumus-Salaam :) Thank-you, I appreciate it. I suppose there is no rush in particular, I am just thinking through things and was talking to my Mum about this the other day too, and would just like overall advice, obviously the only advice you take in the end is yours. And what is hawzah, isit a place of study?

Sister 1 advice : Do not marry any man off here, ok? :)

Lol, dont worry I have no intention too :)

I do not understand why it must be a Syed? Shouldn't you try to find someone based on his piety/religiousness? instead of his background ?

Someone who could be a great spouse but is not a syed gets instantly rejected?

May God guide you.

Hey, there is no need to jump to conclusions.. I would just prefer a Syed to keep the Syed bloodline going but if not and if I do find somebody compatible who is not Syed then I would not mind.. Allah knows best.

Talk to your family first, and let them help you in your search for a compatible spouse.

I suppose so.

LOL i think thats why she posted this thread someone from here,but i agree sis no man from here lol

No I had no intention actually to get a marriage from this website I was merely seeking advice.

You don't need to specifically look for a Sayyed boy to marry. You can marry a non-Sayyed boy also.

Try one of the online matrimonial site.

I suppose not, but I would prefer him to be Syed.

• Veteran Member

1) Make sure he's not a waste

2) Don't rush through potentials

3) Make sure you know yourself in & out (your strengths and weaknesses - v imp imho)

But most importantly marry someone pious/'religious'.

Lol i just condensed it to this list. Insh'Allah you find someone worthy.

(wasalam)

• Basic Members

1) Make sure he's not a waste

2) Don't rush through potentials

3) Make sure you know yourself in & out (your strengths and weaknesses - v imp imho)

But most importantly marry someone pious/'religious'.

Lol i just condensed it to this list. Insh'Allah you find someone worthy.

(wasalam)

Thank-you for this list, I agree with all of them especially the last :)

marry someone that brings you closer to Allah swt and takes you to jannah :)

Insha'Allah that is very true!

• Advanced Member

No problem at all getting married at a early age ... you should try and find a spouse and ive seen you hve alrdy told you mum ... hopefully someone decent pops up for you :)

edit: Karman define "waste" get out :P

Edited by Sheraz

• Basic Members

No problem at all getting married at a early age ... you should try and find a spouse and ive seen you hve alrdy told you mum ... hopefully someone decent pops up for you :)

edit: Karman define "waste" get out :P

Thank-you :)

lol kamran how can u know if a man is a wasteman from the first glance? They all seem like good religious men, and the second the wedding ceremony is over, you realise you're doomed!!!

Lol! Maybe he meant like once you get to know them

• Veteran Member

Hey, there is no need to jump to conclusions.. I would just prefer a Syed to keep the Syed bloodline going but if not and if I do find somebody compatible who is not Syed then I would not mind.

No offence, but the 'Syed bloodline' isn't dependent on who female Syeds marry. The Syed you end up marrying will have Syed kids whether he married a Syed like you or a non-Syed. So all the female Syeds can relax, and marry whoever is the best compatible Shia Muslim, because who they marry doesn't make a single bit of difference to how many Syeds there are in the world.

• Basic Members

No offence, but the 'Syed bloodline' isn't dependent on who female Syeds marry. The Syed you end up marrying will have Syed kids whether he married a Syed like you or a non-Syed. So all the female Syeds can relax, and marry whoever is the best compatible Shia Muslim, because who they marry doesn't make a single bit of difference to how many Syeds there are in the world.

Which would mean a female Syeds kids would not be syed..

^Bloodline is followed through father, so if a non syed marries a syeda, bloodline changes. Its better (for me personally) to keep the bloodline pure. Its just a preference with no religious basis

I would just prefer to marry a Syed.

How about using another word instead of 'pure'? Kind of makes us non-Syeds sound like we have filthy blood.

Im sure he/she meant the bloodline in general, not just blood.

• Advanced Member

I know what was meant, but I find such descriptions of bloodlines disrespectful to us 'normal' people.

It makes it sound like our bloodline is impure and if Syed and non-Syed marry, then there is some form of 'contamination' as if we are some disease.

Anyhow, sorry to derail the topic.

• Veteran Member

^Bloodline is followed through father, so if a non syed marries a syeda, bloodline changes. Its better (for me personally) to keep the bloodline pure. Its just a preference with no religious basis

Err... What?

If bloodline Is followed through the father, then who cares who the Syedas marry? A child born of a Syed man and non-Syed woman is as 'Syed' as a child born of two Syeds. There is no concept of 'pure' bloodline. As for the Syeda, if she marries a Syed, and the kids are therefore also Syed, it will be 100% because of his blood and 0% to do with hers.

Bottom line is, the only reason a Syeda can have for wanting to marry a Syed is because for whatever reason she would like to have Syed children. So it is a personal subjective choice, but it has no bearing whatsoever on the wider Syed community, or on the 'purity' of any bloodlines.

Which would mean a female Syeds kids would not be syed..

And? What difference does it make exactly?

• Basic Members

I know what was meant, but I find such descriptions of bloodlines disrespectful to us 'normal' people.

It makes it sound like our bloodline is impure and if Syed and non-Syed marry, then there is some form of 'contamination' as if we are some disease.

Maybe this is just your perspective. But also different casts such as Raja.. prefer to marry within their Raja bloodline.. so it is just in general tbh.

Err... What?

If bloodline Is followed through the father, then who cares who the Syedas marry? A child born of a Syed man and non-Syed woman is as 'Syed' as a child born of two Syeds. There is no concept of 'pure' bloodline. As for the Syeda, if she marries a Syed, and the kids are therefore also Syed, it will be 100% because of his blood and 0% to do with hers.

Bottom line is, the only reason a Syeda can have for wanting to marry a Syed is because for whatever reason she would like to have Syed children. So it is a personal subjective choice, but it has no bearing whatsoever on the wider Syed community, or on the 'purity' of any bloodlines.

It is just like preferred just as some for example "Rajas" prefer to marry "Rajas". Simple.

Sorry, I didnt realize my choice of words would be taken that literally. You are right, i should have used some other word and in no way i am implying someone is diseased Nauzbillah.

• Veteran Member

Maybe this is just your perspective. But also different casts such as Raja.. prefer to marry within their Raja bloodline.. so it is just in general tbh.

It is just like preferred just as some for example "Rajas" prefer to marry "Rajas". Simple.

There is no place in Islam for caste systems. We are not Hindus. To emphasise this, the Prophet (pbuh) arranged to have his first cousin, Zaynab bint Jahsh, married to his adopted son and freed slave, Zayd ibn Haritha. Can you imagine someone who believes in caste systems marrying his cousin, who was from the Banu Hashim, to a freed slave?

Honestly, I know this type of thinking is common on the Indian subcontinent, but it's straight out of the Jahiliyya period, and comes from living in too close a proximity with Hindus. It's time for the Muslims there (or from there) to wake up and remember which religion they belong to.

Edited by Haydar Husayn