Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Is The Holy Qur'an A Miracle? +other Question

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam alaykum friends,

1. In your perspective, why is the qur'an a miracle from God?

2. Why is the qur'an so hard to understand if it is supposed to be a book that convinces readers of Islam's divinity? My non-muslim friend was telling me how put off he was because it is such an onerous task to read and understand it.

Thank you very much!

• Advanced Member

1. It is a revelation, to the Holy Prophet (S). Let's say you lived in Arabia during the time of the Prophet (S), and you saw this man that was preaching these amazing words. Basically, it is Allah (swt)'s words said by a Man. It is brought down to us as a moral quidance.

2. It isn't at all hard to understand, where did you get this from?

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Perhaps he found it difficult because he was reading one of those translations with old english words such as "thou, seest, thy, hearest"..etc

I would recommend reading the Ali Quli Qara'i translation - it can be found here http://al-quran.info/?x=y#&&sura=85&aya=1&trans=en-yusuf_ali&show=both&ver=2.00

Click on "Select Translation" in the lower left corner and type in Ali Quli and tick the box next to his name and untick any box that is already ticked.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Perhaps he found it difficult because he was reading one of those translations with old english words such as "thou, seest, thy, hearest"..etc

I would recommend reading the Ali Quli Qara'i translation - it can be found here http://al-quran.info/?x=y#&&sura=85&aya=1&trans=en-yusuf_ali&show=both&ver=2.00

Click on "Select Translation" in the lower left corner and type in Ali Quli and tick the box next to his name and untick any box that is already ticked.

What do you make of Muhammad Sawar's translation? I personally find it quite good, however, on the iBook version made by Islamic Seminary chaps who are working on translating our books of Hadith into English, some are avaliable now. But I find with Muhammad Sawar's translation is that he alludes to the Successorship of the Prophet (pbuh&hf) and mentions Imam Ali (as) in one or two verses of course like this: (Imam Ali...) too me, I don't like that:

1) even if it is true, that those verses refer to something along those lines, I couldn't take that book with me say to the Masjid to read for I'tikaf or something like that cos some Brothers may want to read and they will ask who translated that version, ect and then it won't go down well if they notice this stuff.

I has noticed on my iPad I have an app where you can download heaps of different translations and I have noticed that Sawar's translation on the app doesn't mention Imam Ali in parenthesis, so I'm not sure why my version I got from the Islamic Seminary does? I want to get their hard copy edition as I prefer a hard copy of the Qur'an instead of just reading on my iPad but I'm worried that cos its the same people who made the iBook, their hard copy will be the same?

Where am I able to get a copy of Ali Quli's translation? I want one because I have never read a Shia translation before, however my first Qur'an that I book. Which has a special story behind that I won't mention now :P it was probably the best translation I have read, behinds Ali Ünal (Turkish Sunni) and Muhammad Sawar (Shia) and one way I have figured out how to determine if it's translated by a Sunni or Shia is if you look at the verses which are interpretated differently by both Schools, like verse for Wudu, 5:55, 80:1 ect. I found that in all instances, possibly more in Tarif Khalidi's translation (First Quran I read) he takes the Shia stance and translated all those verses maybe even more that I cannot remember the way we interpretate them, he makes no mention of the Prophet (pbuh) in Surah Abasa, he says wipe your head and feet, not wash and for verse 5:55 it's not worded like all Sunni translations I've read are. But to be honest, I always thought he was a Sunni. Have you or anyone else read his translation or heard of him? I spoke with my Imam ages ago and he said he knew of Khalidi but my Imam is a Hanafi Sunni, so I just assumed that he was a Sunni?

Anyway sorry to babble on. Would you know where I could get a hard copy of Ali Quli's Translation, bro?

Sorry for derailing the thread, guys -_-

• Advanced Member
  • Advanced Member

Salam alaykum friends,

2. Why is the qur'an so hard to understand if it is supposed to be a book that convinces readers of Islam's divinity? My non-muslim friend was telling me how put off he was because it is such an onerous task to read and understand it.

Thank you very much!

It is a miracle because it is the unaltered word of Allah (swt) ....It is also the only book that we can burn all copies of, and it will be back in no time.....why??? Because it is the only book that has been emphasized on memorizing.....It is amazing.

It is hard to understand for those who do not have Ahlul Bayt (as) , because they are the only ones who know the particles that make up the particles that make up the particles that make the ink that makes the writing which puts together the Qur'an.

• Advanced Member

1. It is a revelation, to the Holy Prophet (S). Let's say you lived in Arabia during the time of the Prophet (S), and you saw this man that was preaching these amazing words. Basically, it is Allah (swt)'s words said by a Man. It is brought down to us as a moral quidance.

2. It isn't at all hard to understand, where did you get this from?

1. I should have been more specific. What I am trying to understand, rather, is why are these words amazing?

2. It is very hard to understand. From myself, of course.

Salam alaykum friends,

Thank you very much!

Salam alaykom,

1. The sheer knowledge in it.

This brief video also states some of the scientific facts stated in the Quran centuries prior to being discovered by modern scientists:

2. It's really not hard to understand at all. Only when it comes to understanding the deeper meanings in it does it take more knowledge to understand.

Edited by AliHussainFaraji