Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Just Said The Shahada!

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Fixed for you.

Brilliant and hilarious fix there! :) :) :D :D

Masha Allah, i can't say it comes as much of a shock, cuz i was really expecting this any day now :) you are truly one of those people who searched for the truth with an open mind and an open heart, and our Loving Lord will always take them in

As for what someone said about changing your name, i would have a different opinion. your name was alizee your whole life, and everyone knows you by that, why change it now? you can show that you can be a practicing muslima and that there are things between muslim and western cultures that don't clash in the least

Yes. Don't change your name unless you yourself want to! Your name shouldn't interfere with your faith/belief. How does a name have a relation to Islam? Correct me if I am wrong.

But if you want others to be aware you are a Muslim (or a Shia) by your name, or you just want a name yourself, you can change it. There is no problem. You can also add to your name.

Although it might be a special oppurtunity to pick one's own name due to a valid reason... :donno:

Nafs is ones carnal self, correct me if i am wrong.

I have always known it as the soul, or essence, of a human being. I think you may be right, though. Maybe they are both?

(wasalam)

• Veteran Member

Salam Alaikom Sister Alizee.

This is a very good news. You converted at a blessed night which is the night of Qadr .. the night of destiny.

May Allah make you live a life full of blessings, hope , happiness ..this year and every other year . May all your wishes come true.

• Advanced Member

Thank you!!

My Pleasure brother.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I have always known it as the soul, or essence, of a human being. I think you may be right, though. Maybe they are both?

(wasalam)

well brother there are two things, one is "rooh", the soul and the other is "Nafs",

• Advanced Member

I couldn't help myself and HAD to ask!

Did you learn the secret handshake? ;)

And please write a full-detailed story, as to how exactly you embraced Shia Islam.

I love reading those details from a revert's perspective :)

Also seriously, one must know the secret handshake!