Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Waiting for HIM

Respect Of Ulema Of Islam

Rate this topic

Here are more Hadith on respect of Ulema

18. Aimmah (as) said the sleep of an aalim (learned man) is worship. (Jamalus Salehin)

19. Aimmah (as) said angels love ulama, and pray for them, and all creatures (as well) even the fish in rivers and animals in deserts ask forgiveness for aalim (learned man). (Jamalus Salehin)

20. Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) said the status of an aalim is as higher than a worshipper as traveling of 500 years. (Kalma e Tayyabah)

21. Fazil Syyed Mohammad Baqir Bin Sharif Hussaini Isfahani who was from among ulama of the period of Nadir Shah, reports in Book Noor Al-Oyoon that an aalim went to Sultan Ameer Ismail Samani, Sultan of Khurasan, for some important matter. The sultan paid much respect to the aalim and he went with him for seven steps at the time of aalim's departure. In the night, the sultan saw Holy Prophet (pbuh) in his dream saying that you have respected one aalim from my ummah so I prayed from Allah Almighty to keep you honoured in the world. And you went with him for seven steps so this sultanate would remain in your progeny for seven generations. (Kalma e Tayyabah)

22. Imam (as) says aalim (learned man) among ignorant is as alive among dead. (Kalma e Tayyabah)

23. Imam Zainul Abidin (as) said that presence of a discerning man in religion is tougher on Satan as compared to one thousand worshippers. (Kalma e Tayyabah)

24. Holy prophet (pbuh) said the supremacy of an aalim is 70 steps high than a worshipper and among every step is the expanse of one year. Because Satan causes innovation in people while aalim removes it and the worshipper remains busy in his worship. (Maniyatul Morid Shahid Sani)

25. Holy prophet (as) said the supremacy of an aalim (learned man) over an abid (worshipper) is like mine over lowest man from among you. Allah, angels, residents of heavens and earth even ants in their holes and fish in rivers invoke blessings upon the man who teaches people aml e khair (good deed). (Kalma e Tayyabah)

26. Aimmah (as) said Allah The Sublime revealed upon prophet Daniyal that the ignorant from among the persons who invited My (Allah) wrath is that who considers the right of learned men less and does not follow them. And that person is nearer to me from among dearest persons who is pious and seeker of thawab, and the follower of ulama. (Maniyatul Morid)

27. Aimmah (as) said that to offer prayer after an aalim in some place other than mosque is equal to 1,000 rakat while to offer prayer after him in Jamia Mosque is equal to one lakh rakat. (Maniyatul Morid)

28. Aimmah (as) said that aalim is he whose act certifies his words, and who does not act so he is not an aalim.

This hadith tells that an aalim cannot be with abundance of knowledge unless he acts upon it. Aalim is he who avoid sins and leads his life in piety, abstinence and obedience of Allah, and prefers hereafter upon this world, always says truth and avoids false. Lace himself with good qualities and off himself from evils. As much as knowledge he possesses more humbleness should be in him. Therefore, one day Hazrat Christ said to his Hawariyyin that he want from them something. They said O Ruhullah we accept what you want. So Hazrat Christ washed their feet and another hadith says that Hazrat Christ also kissed. Hawariyyin said that the act done by you was the act, which we must do. Hazrat Christ (as) said only ulma e din deserve the service and entertainment, and what I did was an act to tell you that to what extent hospitality be shown. (Jamalus Salehin)

29. Aimmah (as) said that when an aalim (learned man) dies, at that time angels, all those places where he worshipped and the doors of heavens where his deeds were sent, all cry for him and there a crack created in religion that no one has its remedy.

30. Aimmah (as) said that 70 sins of ignorant are forgiven then Aalim (learned man)'s one sin is pardoned. (Jamalus Salehin)

(bismillah)

None of these ahadith show anything about constantly praising them and not be critical of their actions when they are questionable or demanding they prove something to us.

æÇááå ÃÚáã

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

I am an usuli and I do taqleed, I respect many of the ulama. However, I do have issues with exalting them over reasonable limits. Take for example the title "Ayatullah al-Udhma" (greatest sign of Allah) ... if I didn't know any better, I would have thought that it was referring to the throne of God or something equally as celestial. None of the past ulama ever referred themselves with such flashy titles (unfortunately, this seems to be a recent Persian invention).

They do also have socio-cultural consequences. When scholars are praised over the reasonable limits, people end up having certain expectations and when those are not met, Islam (Shi'i Islam in this case) takes the punch.

On a side note, my term personality cult was more directed towards what we have done with the Imams. I think the scholar thing (although still important in its own right as you implied).

Here are some more Hadith on the respect of Ulema. (My suggestion, if you want salvation in this world and in akhira, kindly refrain from your blind hatred and jealousy against the ulema of Islam.)

31. Holy prophet (pbuh) said that a man who sits with an aalim for a while a call is made to him from Allah that you sit to my beloved. By My honour I will enter you in paradise with him. (Amaali)

32. Holy prophet (pbuh) said that sitting in the company of an Aalim is supreme than going with one thousand funerals, visiting one thousands patients, offering one thousand namaz e shab, keeping fasts for one thousand days, giving one thousand dirham in alms, performing one thousand hajj and one thousand jehad. (Rozatul waizeen)

33. Imam Ali (pbuh) said he who sits in the company of ulama (learned men), he will be honoured. (Darus Salam)

34 .The worth of the scholars during the "Ghaiba-tul-Kubra" occultation has been emphasized in a beautiful tradition that has reached us from the 10th Imam, Muhammad b. ‘Ali al-Hadi:

“If there were not to remain After the occultation of your Qa’im from among the scholars, a person from among the proofs of Allah who would call (others) towards him (the Imam); represent him (the Imam); defend his (the Imam’s) religion; grant safety to the downtrodden servants of Allah from the evils of Iblis and the wickedness of the enemies (of the Ahlul Bayt), then there would not remain a single person (on Earth) except that he would have left the religion of Allah. But rather, these people (the ‘Ulama) take it upon themselves to be the protectors of the hearts of our downtrodden Shi’a, just as the captain of a boat takes control of the lives and safety of those on his ship. Thus, these (the ‘Ulama) are the people who are the best in the sight of Allah, the Noble and Great.”[1]

[1]Biharul Anwar, Volume 2, Page 6, Section 8, hadith 12

(bismillah)

Just as a side note, this topic's intentions (sorta) should be understood and applied respectfully to all `ulemaa. Unfortunately I've seen a lot of Imamis insult, vilify, and even curse some scholars on here (Sayed Fadhlallah [ra] for example).

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

(bismillah)

Just as a side note, this topic's intentions (sorta) should be understood and applied respectfully to all `ulemaa. Unfortunately I've seen a lot of Imamis insult, vilify, and even curse some scholars on here (Sayed Fadhlallah [ra] for example).

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

Because there are Ahadees on some deviant fuqaha in the last times too. Edited by Kaniz e Zahra

Some? Don't the ahadith mention cutting off the heads of 40 000 scholars, or some number like that?

Where did the Ahadees say all of them would be Shia scholars?

(bismillah)

Checkmate. Now please look at "deviation" in terms of standards other than popular Sh'ism.

æÇááå ÃÚáã

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

We have checked from every standards.

BTW who are ulema,that will be guidance in times of Ghaybah? The word ulema is being used here,not an alim.And everyone knows the kind of fadululah had been very rare so who are ''ulema'' then?

Allah has given victories over the hands of Khomeini and Nasrullah against all the odds.So we clearly know who are righteous and who are not.

Edited by Kaniz e Zahra

So by that standard, Khalid b. al-Walid was righteous and favored by Allah?

No we know how power hungry they were,and the sort of govt.which khomeini laid down is exemplary for Muslim states.

The conquest is not enough its background and consequences are important too.Its background was fight against evil,and consequence implementing Sharia so we can know why they were supported by Allah.Revolution should be for Deen,unlike French revolution sort of things,brought by zaalimeen against zaalimeen.

Edited by Kaniz e Zahra

So by that standard, Khalid b. al-Walid was righteous and favored by Allah?

You have to consider Khalid a Muslim first for that. I'm sure she doesn't. Et tu, Brutus. You realize that you guys are all going on like children. My dad (Fadlallah) can beat your dad!!

Grow up.

One Brother mentioned that some individuals have cursed Seyed Fadhallah. What has done to deserve this? Did he say something he shouldn't have or did he make some mistakes? What's the go?

I believe the biggest issue people has is that he said that we should think about the events surrounding Fatima (as) and the door and check into how the events played out.

I've heard numerous accusations, here and elsewhere, this is the only accusation I have found (within a youtube video that was shared in another thread) to hold substance in truth. Albeit all he was suggesting was critical thinking on things Shia take as given - he was highly criticized by other scholars for that statement

The man fought injustice up until his dying breath, provoked thought and was an inspiration for many Muslims both Sunni and Shia, May Allah (SWT) bless him

(bismillah)

(salam)

People should not disrespect an Alim Rabbani. Some people, in order to make their own marja look higher, love to badmouth others. They make disputes about the usool of other maraje. They claim others are not mujtahid so they cannot be a marja, etc. Those who are not under the taqleed of someone should not even be interested in him nor talk bad about him. It is a great sin to backbite, slander or defame the character of someone, let alone an alim, mujtahid, marja or ayatullah. If an alim said or did anything which they did not like, they should remember the libraries, orphanages, hospitals, education centers he was involved in building or any of the good things that he did. On the Judgment Day, everyone will receive what they deserve for what they said, did and thought. I wish that I could have one percent of the good deeds that any of our Ulema have accomplished.

Well, to be very honest, I can not but say that if enough people in taqleed of a maraja exhibit a less appropriate or peculiar type of conduct then it might wrongly make someone apprehensive of their maraja as well, since he's their guide and teacher after all. I hope everyone realizes that. Just saying.

(bismillah)

Checkmate. Now please look at "deviation" in terms of standards other than popular Sh'ism.

æÇááå ÃÚáã

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

You mean the standards of random guys online who don't know any arabic and have *******.org as their only source material?

Checkmate.

Edited by Al-Afasy

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam Sadiq [a] said: "He who is not able to do any good unto us (Ahlul-Bayt) then may he do good to our pious adherents; and he who is not able to visit us, he may visit our righteous followers by which the reward of visiting us (pilgrimage) will be recorded for him."

Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 74, p. 354

Source: http://www.al-islam.org/flowers/11.htm