Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Dagga

What Do You Think?

Rate this topic

It is true that the ziyarah of Imam Husayn (as) is equal to many Hajj and 'Umrah.......if its done right,

Problem is, it's not done right most of the time.

However, the way that thread is written, is just plain wrong.....comparing the way they did...

See, the goal is not to insult Hajj, it is to elevate Ziyarah, but that thread (in some parts) ended up Insulting Hajj.

Some scholars interpret Kaaf Haa Yaa Ain Saad (Surah Maryam Ayat 1) to mean:

Kaaf-Karbala(The area)

Haa-Halaqa(Perdition)

Yaa-Yazid (Lanat Allah)(The killer)

Ain-Atash(Thirst)

Saad-Sabr(Patience)

Other's interpret Surah 37:107 which says "And we ransomed him with a Dhibhin Adheem (Great sacrifice)" (the one being ransomed is Nabi Isma'eel) to be talking about Karbala,

And I have read in the Biography of Imam Hussain that when the Prophet (pbuh) first saw Imam Hussain (as) he started crying, Asma says that he is has just been born he tells her what will happen to him. There are other narrations that the Prophet (pbuh) would kiss Imam Hussain on the neck (since it would be severed) and he would kiss him on the lips (since he would die thirsty) and would state the reasoning for doing this. Since I do not have the sources, the place that would is here: http://www.maaref-foundation.com/english/library/pro_ahl/imam03_husain/the_life_of_imam_husain/index.htm

LOOOOL wow, btw Umar was a pious man

I know! He destroyed the Persian Majoosi Empire and the Roman Empire, the guy is just wow, greatest historical Islamic figure after the prophet, Conqueror of the World nd that ;)

I know! He destroyed the Persian Majoosi Empire and the Roman Empire, the guy is just wow, greatest historical Islamic figure after the prophet, Conqueror of the World nd that ;)

He also killed the Prophet's daughter, with his little gang, like I told you on Facebook ;)

They(Umar and Abu Bakr's men or supporters) went to Fatima's house, Fatima said" I will not allow you to enter without my permission. They returned and they told Umar, Fatima does not allow us to enter without her permission, thereby Umar became angry and ordered men to carry firewood and he also carried with them and they put the firewood around the house of Fatima, Umar then rose his voice so Ali can hear and said: "By Allah you rather come out and pay allegiance to the successor of the Prophet (pbuh) or I will set your house on fire, Umar then returned to Abu Bakr because he was too scared from Ali to enter, Abu Bakr then said tell him to come out if he doesn't, break into the house and set it on fire, Umar, kunfuz and their friends broke into the house without permission, Ali rushed to his sword but they took hold of it before he got to it, they then charged their swords at Ali and put a black rope around his neck and Fatima had been injured after the charging at the door and kunfuz(la) whipped her on her upper arm Abu Bakr ordered Abu Bakr to whip her, untill he broke her ribs and caused her to have a miscarage untill. later on , she remained in her bed injured till she died from the attack as a martyr

This hadith has been recorded in Shi'a and Sunni books, the Sunni references being:

- History of Tabari (Arabic), v1, pp 1118-1120

- History of Ibn Athir, v2, p325

- al-Isti'ab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, v3, p975

- Tarikh al-Kulafa, by Ibn Qutaybah, v1, p20

- al-Imamah wal-Siyasah, by Ibn Qutaybah, v1, pp 19-20

-musnaf ibn abi shaybah

-Muruj adh-Dhahab by Abd al-Hasan Ali ibn al-Husayn al Masudi Volume 3 page 198

Another Hadith on the event:

Umar Ibn al-Khattab came to the house of Ali. Talha and Zubair and

some of the immigrants were also in the house. Umar cried out:

"By God, either you come out to render the oath of allegiance, or

I will set the house on fire." al-Zubair came out with his sword

drawn. As he stumbled (upon something), the sword fell from his hand

so they jumped over him and seized him."

History of Tabari, English version, v9, pp 186-187

Another:

"O' daughter of the Prophet! I didn't love anyone as much as I

loved your father, nor anyone after him is more loving to me as

you are. But I swear by Allah that if these people assemble

here with you, then this love of mine would not prevent me from

setting your house on fire."

- History of Tabari, in the events of the year 11 AH

- al-Imamah wa al-Siyasah by Ibn Qutaybah, v1, beginning of the book,

and pp 19-20

- Izalatul Khilafa, by Shah Waliullah Muhaddith Dehlavi, v2, p362

- Iqd al-Farid, by Ibn Abd Rabbah al-Malik, v2, chapter of Saqifah

Here's some more:

Umar said to Fatimah (who was behind the door of her house): "I know

that the Prophet of God did not love any one more than you, but this

will not stop me to carry out my decision. If these people stay in

your house, I will burn the door in front of you."

Kanz al-Ummal, v3, p140

This is an interesting one where your Abu Bakr on his death bed is starting to regret doing something:

Abu Bakr said (on his death bed): "I wish I had not searched for

Fatimah's house, and had not sent men to harass her, though it would

have caused a war if her house would have continued to be used as a

shelter."

- History of Ya'qubi, v2, pp 115-116

- Ansab Ashraf, by al-Baladhuri, v1, pp 582,586

Also, the record of Ya'qubi and Baladhuri tell us some people involved in the attack against Sayyed Fatima (Salaam Allah Alayha):

- Umar Ibn al-Khattab

- Khalid Ibn Walid

- Abdurrahman Ibn Ouf

- Thabit Ibn Shammas

- Ziad Ibn Labid

- Muhammad Ibn Maslamah

- Salamah Ibn Salem Ibn Waqash

- Salamah Ibn Aslam

- Usaid Ibn Hozair

- Zaid Ibn Thabit

**Your great Sahabas in action right there..

Ibn Qutubiyyah also tells us another narration about the event:

Umar asked for wood, and told those people inside the house: "I swear

by Allah who has my soul in his hand, that if you do not come out, I

will burn the house." Someone told Umar that Fatimah was inside the

house. Umar said: "So what! It doesn't matter to me who is in the

house."

Al-Imamah wa al-Siyasah by Ibn Qutaybah, v1, pp 3,19-20

Here's a real interesting Hadith on the event:

Abu Bakr asked Ali to support him, but Ali refused, then Umar went

toward the Ali's house with a burning torch. At the door he met

Fatima who said to him: "Do you intend to burn the door of my house?"

Umar said: "Yes, because this act will strengthen the faith brought to

us by your father."

Al-Ansab Ashraf, by al-Baladhuri, v1, pp 582,586

Here's one depicting the scene of why they came to the house:

Ali and Abbas were sitting inside the house of Fatimah, Abu Bakr told

Umar: "Go and bring them; if they refuse, kill them." Umar brought

fire to burn the house. Fatimah came near the door and said: "O son of

Khattab, have you come to burn our house on me and my children?" Umar

replied: "Yes I will, by Allah, until they come out and pay allegiance

to the Prophet's Caliph."

- Iqd al-Fareed, by Ibn Abd Rabb, Part 3, Pg. 63

- al-Ghurar, by Ibn Khazaben, related from Zayd Ibn Aslam

Here's a really disturbing event that the scholar Salahudeen Khaleel Al Safadee has recorded this narration in his book "Waafi Al Wafiyaat" under the letter "Alif":

Ibrahim Ibn

Sayyar Ibn Hani al-Basri(well-known as Nidhaam) quotes him to have said:

"On the day of 'Bay'aat' (paying allegiance), Umar hit Fatimah on the stomach such that child in her womb died."

Oh, and this final Hadith, where they now regret being the reason that Sayyeda Fatima dies:

During her last days, when Abu Bakr and Umar sought the mediation of Ali to visit the ailing Hadhrat Fatimah , as quoted by Ibn Qutaybah, she tured her face to the wall when they greeted her and in response to their plea for appeasement reminded them of the prophetic declaration that one who displeases Fatimah has displeased the Prophet and finally said: "I take Allah and the angels to be my witness that you have not pleased me; on the other hand, you have angered me. When I shall meet the Prophet I will complain about you two." (al-Imamah wa al-

Siyasah, by Ibn Qutaybah, v1, p14).

Only used Sunni Hadith there too ;)

Copy pasted from the chat, so the font is like that because of that.

Edited by AlAjalYaImam

Brother dagga he umar farukh ra was one of the best rulers his rule expanded the islamic empire to new frontiers he farukh e azam ra ruled a vast 2.2 million square miles of land!!

Even alexander the great ruled only 1.7 million but with turmoil and uprisings

So he is the only one in history who conquered a vast land now that is GOLDEN AGE in islam from a great sahabi ra

Brother dagga he umar farukh ra was one of the best rulers his rule expanded the islamic empire to new frontiers he farukh e azam ra ruled a vast 2.2 million square miles of land!!

So he is the only one in history who conquered a vast land now that is GOLDEN AGE in islam from a great sahabi ra

It seems like his violent ways, forcing his beliefs down the throats of others, may have contributed to the misunderstanding that Islam is a religion spread by violence.

It's logical that the more violent a force is, the more immediate the results will be - it may have been that Muslim people and lands grew under Umar, but was that really worth all the bloodshed and lives?

Umar's accomplishments are not something to be proud of, but a disgrace. We should instead focus on and celebrate personalities like Imam Ali a.s. whose love and respect frequently brought people to Islam.

Your "Al Farooq" is not great just because he controls a lot of land. Land doesn't make the ruler great, what he does makes him great. And what Umar did was not great..

Yea truth hurts so you ban him lols great shia chatsite you have people on here insulting KNOWN SAHABA RA AND WIFE OF PROPHET SAWS but when he says summert bout someone WHO DOESNT EXIST NO PROOF WHATSOEVER HE GETS BANNED??

See you all later waste of my time joining this site all you can do is ban ban like wahabis bida bida no wonder your still backwards in religion and life

Yea truth hurts so you ban him lols great shia chatsite you have people on here insulting KNOWN SAHABA RA AND WIFE OF PROPHET SAWS but when he says summert bout someone WHO DOESNT EXIST NO PROOF WHATSOEVER HE GETS BANNED??

See you all later waste of my time joining this site all you can do is ban ban like wahabis bida bida no wonder your still backwards in religion and life

CAN YOU SHOW ME AN AYAT OR HADITH WHICH SAYS ALL SAHABA ARE GOOD AND WILL GO TO HEAVEN? SAME FOR WIVES?

^ That was inevitable sister. With the kind of attitude he showed, his days seemed numbered long ago.

Truth hurts? Yeah, sure it does. That's the reason he was persistent in giving Yazid (la) a clean slate while being fully aware that Yazid (la) was the biggest fasiq that ever walked the earth. And he wasn't banned for having a view contrary to that of the Shiites, he was banned infact on grounds of blasphemy. If you can't tolerate a different opinion and wish to ridicule it, him and his ilk can walk out.

Firstly, calls the Imam a "coward" out of a single Hadith, which seems to be Dha'eef for stating it is the only reason Ghaybat continues. Secondly, we don't insult, we take history, check it, provide evidence, and state what they did. Thirdly we don't insult all the wives, or all the companions, only the ones who messed up after his death. Fourthly, learn grammar, it was a pain trying to read and understand what you wrote. Fifthly, your last paragraph makes literally no sense "You can do this ban ban like wahabis bida bida no wonder your backwards in religion and life", like seriously what the hell is that supposed to say, it took me a bit to understand it.

Also, just let me put in a few words, I'd ask you to read Sunni books which state and talk about him, because stating "WHO DOESNT EXIST NO PROOF WHATSOEVER" is just ignorant, if you want me to I'll provide you what it says, but seriously...