Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShababAlMahdi

Ahmed Deedat A Shia?

Rate this topic

I've always been a huge fan of Shaikh Ahmed Deedat, but recently I've noticed a bit of change in Shaikh Deedat's way of thinking in his last years of lecturing, and there are many many rumors that later on in life he became a lover of Ahlul Bayt, and part of the Jaafari Ithna'Ashri school of thought. Can anybody confirm this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_ERLIOjH4

This well known Shia scholar blatently lies about Ahmed Deedat to make it look like he was Shia.

You maybe right that he didnt become Shia. There is nothing in his profile to say so. However a couple of points . Voiceovers on a picture isnt really proof that the statements were made.

secondly Sheikh Ahmad Deedat clip isn't a refutation of the first clip. He is narrating how he discovered the book. He is not saying that is not the book I discovered it was this one.

So first you have to prove the voice over is real

I wish for once we, Muslims, would stop talking about things "we heard" and believing it.

Have you ever expressed an opinion or said the words 'i heard' or are you just casting stones in glass houses. Just wanted to make sure

Dagga, I said in his last years of life. I don't know who the man in the beginning is, nor have I heard of his name. I've also never heard of him being influenced by that book towards Shia thought. Anyway that book was clearly on the subject of dialogue with Christians why would there be proofs for Shia thought vs. Sunni in there? Honestly. He probably did his own research and discovered the truth in Ahlul Bayt like other Sunni converts (including myself) and became Shia IF the rumors are true.

Oh come on no wonder no one takes you shia seriously i mean just because he loves ahlebait ra does that make him shia?

We sunni brailwy also love ahlebait ra that salafis etc call us shia!!

I remember sheikh ul islam dr tahirul qadri used to talk about Ali kaw ra and his waliat and shias were spreading rumours he is shia until he came out and put them in place!

Ahmed deedat ra was sufi leaning sunni ask his OFFSPRING ask his followers who include zakir naik also ask shekh ul islam dr tahirul qadri who did conference with him in south africa i know myself because i have been his fan since a kid i have listened all his major lectures read a few of his books he is also not wahabi either there is plenty evidence out there in net etc and if that doesnt satisfy you then i suggest you ask from his family!

He even praised shekh tahirul qadri and said he is my teacher who is sufi brailwy!!

Dont spread false rumours to satisfy your egos first find the truth dont go on heresay and whispers thats not truth!

These rumours dont do shia any favours

Allah subhanawatallah is watching!!

His first book that got him into it was IZHARUL HAQ by Sheikh Rahmat karanaiwi Who was a hanafi sunni scholar at the end of mughal empire and whos full family tree goes back to third khaleef Uthman Ghani ra!

Who also debated with missionaries himself!

Oh come on no wonder no one takes you shia seriously i mean just because he loves ahlebait ra does that make him shia?

I remember sheikh ul islam dr tahirul qadri used to talk about Ali kaw ra and his waliat and shias were spreading rumours he is shia until he came out and put them in place!

Ahmed deedat ra was sufi leaning sunni ask his OFFSPRING ask his followers who include zakir naik also ask shekh ul islam dr tahirul qadri who did conference with him in south africa i know myself because i have been his fan since a kid i have listened all his major lectures read a few of his books he is also not wahabi either there is plenty evidence out there in net etc and if that doesnt satisfy you then i suggest you ask from his family!

He even praised shekh tahirul qadri and said he is my teacher who is sufi brailwy!!

Dont spread false rumours to satisfy your egos first find the truth dont go on heresay and whispers thats not truth!

AsalaamuAlaikum,

I just came across your comment while researching about Mr.Deedat and i would suggest you think or read you comment atleast once before you post it as it's absurd, here are a few reasons why : -

1) God, Prophet Mohammed, Imam Ali and his family are the ones who take their Shia seriously and that's all that really matters to us.

2) it's amusing for me (An ex-Sunni) read that the Sunni barelwi's love the ahlulBayt as if you do you research on Islamic history you would see that the people claiming to be Sunni and are feeling so proud to be a part of the ahle-Sunna-wal-Jammah are the ones who murdered most of the ahlul-Bayt in cold blood.

3) About Ali putting shias to their place-(i just couldn't stop laughing on this part-as it's the most funniest)-Please understand that the word Shia means Follower and when the Islamic Nation (Ummah of Muhammed) was divided with the great efforts of the 1st three caliphs of the Sunni caliphate and denied the promise made to Prophet Mohammed on the day of Ghadeer and many other occasions as well, the thing about the word Shia (Follower/Party) is that it was a name given by the Sunni caliphs to name those who Followed Ali as advised by Prophet Mohammed instead of acknowledging the self proclaimed leaders.

3) It's great to know that you were a fan of a person preaching Islam and it's a pleasure to have made you aquintances as you chose Islam over other things in childhood but calling names and mis-interpreting history is not advised in Islam and you can do what Mr.Deedat didn't by researching the Islamic history as the Shia - Sunni divide is not spiritual but political and the sooner people understand this, the better they can get as following Ali is the best thing that can happen to humans as he was the best of Men and FYI not to brag or anything but did you know that he is the only man on this planet to be born inside the Kaa'ba - have you ever wondered why?

Something to think about, isn't it ?

God wanted to prove that After Prophet Mohammed, if there's any one worth following it's Ali ibn Abu Talib (And we the SHIAT-UL-ALI A.K.A FOLLOWERS OF ALI do the exact same thing as advised by Allah & order of Prophet Mohammed).

(Peace be upon them All).

Don't you think??

AsalaamuAlaikum,

I just came across your comment while researching about Mr.Deedat and i would suggest you think or read you comment atleast once before you post it as it's absurd, here are a few reasons why : -

1) God, Prophet Mohammed, Imam Ali and his family are the ones who take their Shia seriously and that's all that really matters to us.

2) it's amusing for me (An ex-Sunni) read that the Sunni barelwi's love the ahlulBayt as if you do you research on Islamic history you would see that the people claiming to be Sunni and are feeling so proud to be a part of the ahle-Sunna-wal-Jammah are the ones who murdered most of the ahlul-Bayt in cold blood.

3) About Ali putting shias to their place-(i just couldn't stop laughing on this part-as it's the most funniest)-Please understand that the word Shia means Follower and when the Islamic Nation (Ummah of Muhammed) was divided with the great efforts of the 1st three caliphs of the Sunni caliphate and denied the promise made to Prophet Mohammed on the day of Ghadeer and many other occasions as well, the thing about the word Shia (Follower/Party) is that it was a name given by the Sunni caliphs to name those who Followed Ali as advised by Prophet Mohammed instead of acknowledging the self proclaimed leaders.

3) It's great to know that you were a fan of a person preaching Islam and it's a pleasure to have made you aquintances as you chose Islam over other things in childhood but calling names and mis-interpreting history is not advised in Islam and you can do what Mr.Deedat didn't by researching the Islamic history as the Shia - Sunni divide is not spiritual but political and the sooner people understand this, the better they can get as following Ali is the best thing that can happen to humans as he was the best of Men and FYI not to brag or anything but did you know that he is the only man on this planet to be born inside the Kaa'ba - have you ever wondered why?

Something to think about, isn't it ?

God wanted to prove that After Prophet Mohammed, if there's any one worth following it's Ali ibn Abu Talib (And we the SHIAT-UL-ALI A.K.A FOLLOWERS OF ALI do the exact same thing as advised by Allah & order of Prophet Mohammed).

(Peace be upon them All).

Don't you think??

What? Hazrat Ali R.A was born in kaaba ok.so does it mean he was even greater than Prophet SAW.? He was greater than Prophets? Neither Hazrat Ali R.A say anything like this,dont lie on his name plz.dont lie on the name of a person so great.