Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali.20

Why Is Islam The Right Religion?

Rate this topic

AlSalam Alaykum:

I need to be convinced that Islam is the right religions and ALL of the other religions are NOT the right ones. Please compare them with other known religions, like Christianity and Buddhism, and provide as much proofs as possible.

Jazakum Allah Khairan

Brother is answer cannot be given to you on a plate. You must undergo intense research and come to a conclusion. Always pray to God to guide you to the right path.

Maybe you should go and sit with the Imam at your local Mosque?

I need to be convinced that Islam is the right religions and ALL of the other religions are NOT the right ones.

Hello,

Could you outline, in a general sense, what would convince you?

Would it be God (however defined) appearing before you and telling you Islam is the one right religion?

OR

Would it be the miraculous prophecies made by the holy book of a religion?

OR

Would it be the linguistic miracles of a holy book of a religion?

OR

Would it be how close the holy book matches up with modern-day science?

OR

Would it be how the main scriptures of a religion match up with your own current world view?

OR

Would it be the quantity and quality of miracles performed by Allah as compared to the God of the OT or the pagan Gods or Buddha or Krishna?

OR

Would it be all of the above and much more!

Salam, you know what I have heard from some Sheikhs is that all religion has an element of truth in it, and that each one is like a train, they go at different speeds and some twist and turn in a number of directions, but Islam goes the fastest and straightest route and if followed correctly, it will get you to Allah(swt) alot quicker, and smoother and safer then any other way. How do I know this to be true? well I used to follow Christianity, and in comparison, Islam has given me a lot more peace of mind and god conciousness. I have also reasearched other religions in order to show respect towards their followers, and all of them have good elements, but there is always something missing, in Christianity the pure tawhid and the proper following of a set of code, ethics and law is missing, in Judaism there is tawhid but an element of believing that god is an old man in the sky and there is a rejection of some very special prophets(as) as well as a legalistic nature that neglects the spiritualism, also it is made very difficult for people to convert and there is a belief in superiority and that only a certain race is worthy of the message of GodÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. In hinduism there is a lack of pure monotheism, and too much worship that is either shirk or could very easily become shirk. Also, there seems to be a lot of superstition and culture mixed into religion, also hindus believe that all religion is correct(in general) and therefore I can be a muslim and even in the unlikely event that hinduism is correct I can still go to heaven or some higher state of conciousness. Hinduism is also another religion that is very ethnocentric and very difficuly, if not impossible to convert to. As for Buddhism, I believe that it isn't purely monotheistic enough, and leans towards atheism. Also, it is often mixed with superstition and local culture in a way that the original buddhism is unrecognisable. It is too laid back and doesn't have enough guidance for everyday life and completely rejects the pleasures of this world, for me to believe that its the religion from god for all of humanity. It is overly spritual and rejects the physical and doesn't understand the balance of both. As for sikhism, it is a mixture of hinduism, buddhism, and sufi Islam, and doesn't have prophets but gurus who don't claim to have recieved the word of god(swt) nor to be carrying on the message of the prophets that have come throughout the ages. It has come too recently to be the true religion of godÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. Again with both buddhism and sikhism, just like with hinduism, there isn't enough guidance for everyday life, for them to be the pure truth, and they both believe in pluralism(that all religions lead to god-swt) and therefore as muslim, if they are right I wll still be pleasing godÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

These are the main word religions, if you want my reasons for rejecting any lesser known religions, then please let me know which ones, I will do my best to answer you. The end result of all my explanations as to why I have rejected all other religions and accepted Islam as the pure truth, is that Islam is perfect(in particular, shia ithne ashari Islam) and all the others have something missing, but Islam accepts all the wonderful prophets(as) and has pure tawhid, a long history going back to Nabi Adam(as) and before that the creation of the souls of the Ahlul bayt(as), it has a balance of Spirituality and religiosity(though many muslims do not) and doesn't neglect either the soul or the body's needs. It is a universal religion, that accepts all people, and includes all creatures that submit to Allah(swt) whether through will power or nature. It claims itself, or rather Allah(swt) claims it to be the true religion for all, and a continuation of the messages sent before in the tawrat, injeel and zabur etc, and not only that, but the Qur'an corrects the changes made in the previous books and adds what is necessary for the final revelation to include. There is much more as to why I believe Islam to be the universal truth for all creation, and if you would like to know them as well then just ask and I will try my best to answer them inshallah.

Salams and duas and I hope that you can become certain of the truth of the light of AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, the Ahlul bayt(as) and the Qur'an inshallah, shahr ramadhan kareem

First of all, lets get to WHY we need religion in the first place. Religion gives people guidance. We need a guidance, a MORAL guidance. And no other religion has that except Islam. There are many more reasons but I just wanted to get that point down.

Yes, I also have same question in mind. I am a Christian who is seeking for an answer. I will be marrying a Shia soon..Also, I wanna know why Muslimahs dress in such a way that everything in their body is covered. Does it have to be worn at all times?

Thanks!

Jerlyn..

The only certainty is this that Muhammad (saw) was prophesied in every Holy Scripture.

Deuteronomy 18.18 can only be about him

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto

thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto

them all that I shall command him

Bhavishya Purana in the Prati Sarag Parv III Khand 3 Adhay 3 Shloka 5 to 8.

"A malecha (belonging to a foreign country and speaking a foreign language) spiritual teacher will appear with his companions. His name will be Mohammad. Raja (Bhoj) after giving this Maha Dev Arab (of angelic disposition) a bath in the Panchgavya and the Ganga water (i.e. purifying him of all sins) offered him the present of his sincere devotion and showing him all reverence said, "I make obeisance to thee. O ye! The pride of mankind, the dweller in Arabia, Ye have collected a great force to kill the Devil and you yourself have been protected from the malecha opponents."

Now Hindus will try to cheat by saying that according to Bhavishya Purana Muhammad was the rebirth of Tripurasura the Demon. But it is clearly written there that `my Follower will be a man circumcised`

AlSalam Alaykum:

I need to be convinced that Islam is the right religions and ALL of the other religions are NOT the right ones. Please compare them with other known religions, like Christianity and Buddhism, and provide as much proofs as possible.

Jazakum Allah Khairan

The fastest growing Monotheistic Religion in the world - Islam. The belief that there is only ONE GOD and none other than Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. The Holy Quran is the final revelation there will not be any other.

The above are just some of the "salient features" which should convince you, if not, you should ask yourself Is Islam the Wrong Religion ? and look for righteousness.

Yes, I also have same question in mind. I am a Christian who is seeking for an answer. I will be marrying a Shia soon..Also, I wanna know why Muslimahs dress in such a way that everything in their body is covered. Does it have to be worn at all times?

Thanks!

Jerlyn..

Every body know what is right and what is wrong. It is our magical ability. Even a person living in complete isolation know about right and wrong. There is an indicator inside each and every one of us.

But this indicator does not last for ever and eventually fades away when you don't nourishes it. Islamic laws and ruling nourishes these abilities in us. Dress codes may be one of them.

In night clubs and drinking wine you will have notice that this ability completely vanishes, if you have ever visited these places. Showing off your body parts and doing other such things vanish this ability.

Religion which you think can increase your ability to differentiate between good and bad is the best religion. Rest I can't guide you because I will obviously point toward Islam.

And second thing is coming of last Prophet is already mentioned in Christian and Jewish traditions, if you are one of them.

Edited by fightingsoul001

I need to be convinced that Islam is the right religions and ALL of the other religions are NOT the right ones.

Why? This almost seems very odd. It's not that you even really want to know if its the right one, you just want someone to convince you into believing it is. Who knows, maybe it isn't the right one (shock hororr!). There are many people out there just as intelligent, spiritual, loving, kind, etc as you and yet, they chose a different religion. Most of them didn't choose Islam. Doesn't that make you think, even just a little?

If your search will be in this manner, you have the very real chance of ending up very unfulfilled.

First of all, lets get to WHY we need religion in the first place. Religion gives people guidance. We need a guidance, a MORAL guidance. And no other religion has that except Islam. There are many more reasons but I just wanted to get that point down.

Oh, come on, thats just down right absurd and manipulative. All religions are moral systems, thats what (in part) makes them a religion.

It's a farce to believe you need religion to be good or moral. There are plenty of extremely immoral muslims and there are many good atheists. If you need religion to tell you that rape or murder or stealing is bad, you got much, much deeper issues.

Edited by kingpomba

Why? This almost seems very odd. It's not that you even really want to know if its the right one, you just want someone to convince you into believing it is. Who knows, maybe it isn't the right one (shock hororr!). There are many people out there just as intelligent, spiritual, loving, kind, etc as you and yet, they chose a different religion. Most of them didn't choose Islam. Doesn't that make you think, even just a little?

If your search will be in this manner, you have the very real chance of ending up very unfulfilled.

Well, it's not the Someone that convinces me, but the reasons. First, why isn't Islam the right religion? Aren't there much proof and miracles that occur that make sense? Qur'an has miracles. Human formation. Big Bang. Oxygen diminishes as altitude increases. Expanding universe. Just to name a few. Even the barrier between fresh and salt water. So, do you still want to deny even if all of these and more are in a book that has been revealed more than 1400 years ago? As for that they didn't choose Islam, they might find other religions easier or didn't like or understand Islam fully. Also, Bible and Torah were mentioned in the Qur'an, and they were also mentioned that they were corrupted. Prophets like Jesus and Moses were mentioned in the Qur'an. Islam respects all Prophets. Islam has an excellent system of life. So are you still saying that there is a possibility of that Islam isn't the right one? Also, Islam is pure and really makes sense in the Tawhid, and a proof to that is Surat Al-Tawhid. Still, we are waiting for the Imam Mahdi AJTF and he will fill the earth with justice after it got filled with unjustice. And the chance that I will be ending up very unfulfilled is very very low because this is the truth.

I hope you understood, and I found the straight path, which is Islam and following Prophet Muhammad SAAWW and Ahlul-Bayt AS.

First, why isn't Islam the right religion?

Don't you think thats the wrong kind of logic? Asking why it isn't, instead of why it is?

If i'm walking along and see a four legged fluffy creature, i don't ask why it isn't a cat, i ask why it is a cat (or dog...minature horse...take your pick).

You should be asking, why is islam the right religion?

It doesn't honestly seem like you're genuinely searching if you ask questions in that way anyway (which is fine too).

Aren't there much proof and miracles that occur that make sense? Qur'an has miracles.

As a former Christian, we had those too. So do the jews. So do so so many other religions on the face of the planet. Hell, even scientology or raelianism might have what you would call miracles. There are plenty of people who claim to be jesus or be able to heal the sick. You can just say anything. The issue isn't that they claim miracles, its if they really happened.

If miracles are the only thing holding you to islam, christianity has those too...

Human formation. Big Bang. Oxygen diminishes as altitude increases. Expanding universe. Just to name a few. Even the barrier between fresh and salt water.

These are just naturalistic scientific interactions? I don't see why God needs to be involved here. All these things certainly are possible without God. The universe expands because of the properties it posses, salt and fresh water dont mix because of their chemical properties as well.

So, do you still want to deny even if all of these and more are in a book that has been revealed more than 1400 years ago?

Show me where the quran explicitly states these things, not some vague line you could make up to mean anything, then, i'll believe you.

I'm confused though, if you are 100% confident as you say, why make this thread? Especially in the interfaith section?

Edited by kingpomba

Don't you think thats the wrong kind of logic? Asking why it isn't, instead of why it is?

These are just naturalistic scientific interactions? I don't see why God needs to be involved here. All these things certainly are possible without God. The universe expands because of the properties it posses, salt and fresh water dont mix because of their chemical properties as well.

Show me where the quran explicitly states these things, not some vague line you could make up to mean anything, then, i'll believe you.

Aren't these verses clear:-

"He has made the two seas to flow freely (so that) they meet together: Between them is a barrier which they cannot pass." (55:19-20)

"We have built the heaven with might, and indeed it is We who are expanding it." (51:47)

Edited by BlackWave

"He has made the two seas to flow freely (so that) they meet together: Between them is a barrier which they cannot pass." (55:19-20)

We have no idea what seas they are talking about or what barrier they're talking about. It could be a strait or something like that. Anyway, i find it absurd for him to suggest that this proves God, it actually proves the opposite. I don't know why you guys continue this ridiculous myth that bodies of water don’t mix, they do mix. It's not like the molecules aren't moving around. We've already been through why this idea is false (quite comprehensively as well), i'm sure you know how to use the search function. In-fact, i think it was you i was responding to on this last time around...

"We have built the heaven with might, and indeed it is We who are expanding it." (51:47)

That’s very vague. It could mean anything. It could just be a poetic phrase, it could be a literary device, it could be talking about Jannah, anything. My charge was a lot of these scientific miracles are based upon very vague or poetic lines. This is a good example. You could interpret it to mean whatever you like. What if we find out tomorrow all our calculations have been wrong and the universe is no longer expanding? What happens to your supposed proof for God? It evaporates.

I've been through this before. It's a folly to try prove God or the Quran using these "scientific miracles".

The medieval Islamic alchemists believed the world was not made up of tiny indivisible atoms but of the base elements (which incidentally was ripped off from Greek thought by in large) - earth, water, air, fire. They used the Quran to prove this. Man was made of earth. Jinn, fire. It seemed like the Quran contained their idea. The Quran must be true! We know of course know the world is made out of atoms, can you see what fools they were to try prove the Quran using this method? They found some vague lines in the Quran to support what they knew at the time. The Quran must be true! However, their ideas were later disproved, where does this leave their proof for the Quran? it disappears.

It's the same for those of you who try to show the big bang is in the Quran, therefore, the Quran must be true. What if tomorrow we discover our theory was wrong? Surely, you can see the implications.

It comes off as quite desperate and insecure to me as well that some people feel a need to have their holy books and beliefs validated in such a fashion. You may convince yourself to keep believing but i seriously doubt you'll convince any educated non-muslim with these things, it just comes off as silly, Islam has a big enough image problem as it is and this certainly isn't helping. It'd do you well to pay attention to Jebril, Kadim and Higgins, now there is a fine example of religious scholarship and philosophical proof.