Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
La fata illa Ali

Laylatul Qadr...individually Or Group?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Now when I was with my family, out of respect to the parents, I would just do what they asked, so many times we would all go to the mosque on laylatul qadr, do the amal with the community and thats how it always was.

Now that I live on my own, I am really evaluating whether I should do the whole 'community' laytul qadr thing or just do it on my own.... lets look at at the situation:

1) group:

Our brother Nader Zaveri had once provided me with one or two hadeeth (Saheeh, hasan, or muwathaq) regarding that Allah (aj) accepts the dua of people made either in a group of 4 or 40 persons when they have assembled.

So its a good thing to do it as a group no doubt.

But the problem with the group is its hard to follow along with the duas and u can never get as much done, also, there is the screaming babies and one million breaks for water or washroom. Also, I feel completely empty when i finish the group one as if I had done nothing.

2) Individual:

I can read all the duas easily and ACTUALLY read them and have time to pause to look at there translation. I can a lot more done and no screaming babies. I can actually pray 100 rakats and Jawshan e kabeer in the same night.

In fact other then those hadith supplied by Nader Zaveri regarding the strenght of a group dua, I dont think group amal can come close to individual amal.

Further more its ur chance to be alone with Allah (aj) which is priceless.

At the moment I think this year I am gonna go solo.

I am want to hear what u folks think and if u were single, what would be ur decision?

Wassalam.

(salam)

(bismillah)

I wanted to make some clarifications. When those hadeeth say to do du`aa together of 40 people. Those hadeeth do not say do du`aa in unison (i.e. Have one guy reading and everyone follows along, or everyone reads together raising their voices). This specific practice is very famous practice of the Sufis, which is why al-Amili goes against this practice in his Radd `ala al-Sufiyyah, Ch. 11.

Regarding individual du`aa, we have hadeeth that says that is the best way to do du`aa, so doing it "solo" is the best. Click here: http://www.revivinga...-privately.html

Person experience: When I used to do the a`maal at my local center, they would really hold me back. When I would do the a`maal at home, I would get a lot more done.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

The blessings for performing any prayer, du'aa, tasbih, dhikr, amal inside a Masjid, Islamic Center, Holy Shrine, Majlis, etc., must surely be worth more than saying it in your own room by yourself. I would never advise anyone to do it alone. If you wish to do so, for the reasons you mentioned, then be mindful that you do not have this same feeling for other events in your community. Would you stay at home on Eid al Ghadeer? What about Ashura and Arba'een? Please remember that your community is stronger by your presence and participation. ws

(wasalam)

personally, ive always felt really amazing reading the aamaal with the community. my friends and i have been doing this for almost a decade together, sitting, sharing dua books, talking about ramadhan and whatnot. when the 100 rakat prayer is over, we give one another massive hugs and sit, exhausted but feeling triumphant, in the corner while eating sehri. with the community, there is this huge feeling of being united. its one of the few times that i sit peacefully with many people who i otherwise dislike [and vice versa]. the only annoying part is that i cant ever use the islamic centers bathroom, because its always dirty and like a swimming pool :sick:

i think i would go, just because id feel incredibly lonely praying on my own. iA Allah knows best :)

Edited by haidernyc

I like doing my Iftar at home with family always but when it comes to those special nights, doing them with my community is amazing.

I feel like I am not alone and there is SO much positive energy all around the Masjid with everyone of us praying together :)

My mind does not wander off and i can concentrate so much better, at the end of the night, I feel as if I have accomplished something great for myself to Allah.

If you think you are better off alone for the night, then by all means go ahead. Remember, the night(s) is better than a thousand month, so make the most of it however you choose it for yourself.

I always prefer in a Masjid, but sometimes I think you will find Khushou' when on a small group or even alone, because when the Masjid is full, people bump into you during Dua and you wouldnt be relaxed while sitting, so you wouldnt be focusing 100%

(bismillah)

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

The blessings for performing any prayer, du'aa, tasbih, dhikr, amal inside a Masjid, Islamic Center, Holy Shrine, Majlis, etc., must surely be worth more than saying it in your own room by yourself. I would never advise anyone to do it alone. If you wish to do so, for the reasons you mentioned, then be mindful that you do not have this same feeling for other events in your community. Would you stay at home on Eid al Ghadeer? What about Ashura and Arba'een? Please remember that your community is stronger by your presence and participation. ws

(wasalam)

Certain masajid (Haram, Nabawi, Kufa etc) certainly have merit of prayers there than in other places. However, mustahabb prayers are generally best at home, the preference for mosque is for the faraa'id in jamaa`ah, as far as I know. Laylat al-Qadr isn't really a communal things in its essence - it's a night of `ibada - and it in no way really relates to Ghadeer or `Ashura.

The mourning for Ahlilbayt [as] has been stated to be done in gatherings in the akhbar, from what I have read, and the same recommendation does not seem to be there for Laylat al-Qadr.

If you need the center and community to keep yourself up and active to take advantage of Laylat al-Qadr, then do so. But if you think you can do it alone and privately - between you and your Creator - I would recommend that most.

æÇááå ÇáÚÇáã Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå