Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Basic Members

As Salaam Alaykkum,

I'm a revert and my parents aren't aware of my intention to be a Muslim. I can go to mosque to pray only for asr and dhuhr because a mosque is opposite to my school. I just join the Muslims making their way towards the mosque. But if I am sweating after playing, should I change cloths just before prayer? My Muslim friends bring cloths but, my mother asks y I need extra cloths? Just wudu would do to purify me? Or anything else I should do??

Regards,

Saleem Khan.

• Advanced Member

ws wr wb

it is better ofcourse to change into clean clothes before prayer, but as far as i know wudu is enough to purify you from sweat and the prayer won't be void if you're sweaty. Perhaps buy some clothing just for prayer and ask your friends to keep it with them after prayer? or maybe tell your mum your not comfortable walking around in sweaty clothes because it smells? Sorry if my answer wasn't helpful!

• Advanced Member

Techniques to reduce guy stink (coming from a guy who's been there):

1) use stick deoderent for underarms, it will do wonders.

2) try and either also keep a small bottle of perfume to spray yourself with just before prayer.

3) take a small hand towel to dry yourself off after sports (and indeed even during it), so less sweat sticks to your clothes

As well, may Allah (SWT) bless you for your sincerity in trying to worship Him, it is people like you who have understood the true concept of Islam, which is to WILFULLY submit to The Creator.

• Basic Members

ws wr wb

it is better ofcourse to change into clean clothes before prayer, but as far as i know wudu is enough to purify you from sweat and the prayer won't be void if you're sweaty. Perhaps buy some clothing just for prayer and ask your friends to keep it with them after prayer? or maybe tell your mum your not comfortable walking around in sweaty clothes because it smells? Sorry if my answer wasn't helpful!

It seems like a good idea.

Thanks,

Saleem

Techniques to reduce guy stink (coming from a guy who's been there):

1) use stick deoderent for underarms, it will do wonders.

2) try and either also keep a small bottle of perfume to spray yourself with just before prayer.

3) take a small hand towel to dry yourself off after sports (and indeed even during it), so less sweat sticks to your clothes

As well, may Allah (SWT) bless you for your sincerity in trying to worship Him, it is people like you who have understood the true concept of Islam, which is to WILFULLY submit to The Creator.

As Assalam Alaykkum,

Thanks anyways... Will carry some athar and a towel as well...

Thanks,

Saleem

mA brother.

as for ur question, no, u do not to change cloths. Coz sweat isnt something najas.

Thanks for the guidance!

• Advanced Member

Assalam alaikum

Not only is the perfume helpfull for your smell but also for your prayers, it is known for example Ayatullah Sayed Sistani says in his work "A code of practice for muslims in the west" (http://sistani.org/index.php?p=251364&id=46&pid=2018 ) :

I opened the Holy Book and started reciting in a lowered voice the verses so as to purify my soul, to perfume my mouth from the dirt of matter and its temptation, and to seek the Almighty Allah's help in protecting this flying object from the calamities of time.

It was midday, the time for noon prayer came close. I got up from my seat, went to the toilet, renewed my wudhu (minor ablution), and then I took out a comb from my pocket and combed my hair after the wudhu. Then I took out a small perfume bottle that I always carry in my pocket so that I may use it, for it is related that it is mustahab to use perfume, in that the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) used to love it, and that a salat with perfume is equal to seventy salats.

This work of his... I recommend you to read! alot of usefull info :)

Salam

Duas

• Basic Members

Assalam alaikum

Not only is the perfume helpfull for your smell but also for your prayers, it is known for example Ayatullah Sayed Sistani says in his work "A code of practice for muslims in the west" (http://sistani.org/index.php?p=251364&id=46&pid=2018 ) :

I opened the Holy Book and started reciting in a lowered voice the verses so as to purify my soul, to perfume my mouth from the dirt of matter and its temptation, and to seek the Almighty Allah's help in protecting this flying object from the calamities of time.

It was midday, the time for noon prayer came close. I got up from my seat, went to the toilet, renewed my wudhu (minor ablution), and then I took out a comb from my pocket and combed my hair after the wudhu. Then I took out a small perfume bottle that I always carry in my pocket so that I may use it, for it is related that it is mustahab to use perfume, in that the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) used to love it, and that a salat with perfume is equal to seventy salats.

This work of his... I recommend you to read! alot of usefull info :)

Salam

Duas

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Assalam alakum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh brothers and sister

And thank you... May we keep learning from each other and may Allah grant us the right

And help us in worship.

Duas...please people pray for every sick person out there and my Mother she's sick... Pleae brothers and sister may Allah swt grant you the best of this world and the hereafter

Salam