Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Laayla

Sayyid Ali Khamenei & Instagram

Rate this topic

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

This frustrates me how they disrespect Sayyid Ali so openly, like the cowards they are. Would they do the same to any other religious leader like the Pope or the Dalai lama?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Iran's Supreme Leader just made Instagram much less cool

3 hrs ago

Instagram's newest user is one of its most unexpected, and he might have just made the photo-sharing app decidedly uncool. Iran's Supreme Leader, Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has taken to sprucing up his otherwise mundane pics with quirky filters for a retro feel. That walk down a hallway with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is totally forgettable—until it gets saturation and shadowed corners to give it depth. Still, they're better than those faux artistic shots of your morning latte. (Sorry, but we're just saying what everyone is thinking.) And now that the ayatollah’s on Instagram, we wonder what will happen next time his government decides to shut down the Internet amid mass protest. [Source]

Iran's Supreme Leader Joined Instagram—Here's His First Photo

AUG 1 2012, 2:34 PM ET 20

Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader of Iran since 1989, may or may not have some interest in nuclear technology, but he is not especially known as an early adopter when it comes to social media tech. And yet the unelected septuagenarian, after successfully launching his Twitter account (almost 3,000 tweets, over 4,000 followers, and not following a soul), has taken to Instagram. Instagram!

The bearded, spectacled dictator has sent out four photos of himself in the week since joining. They're pretty banal, as far as propaganda goes -- praying, standing around with officials, sitting over a Koran -- which somehow makes them even more surreal. Three years after shutting downInternet service after Iranians used Twitter and photo-sharing services to coordinate mass protests and tell the word about the Iranian regime's brutal crackdown, that same regime is getting in on the Twitter and photo-sharing action themselves.

Here's Khamenei's first Instagram photo. It shows Action Ali, apparently sitting at a religious gathering, probably pertaining to Ramadan, which began a couple of days before. Yes, this is the sort of excitement we follow @khamenei_ir for.

khamenei1.jpg

The second is actually a bit more interesting:

khamenei2-thumb-600x600-94905.jpg

That's Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on the right, just over Khamenei's left shoulder. Ahmadinejad and Khamenei have been bitterly feuding for over a year, the end result of which could be the president's "loss" in the 2013 "election." That doesn't mean the two leaders aren't still occasionally in the same room, of course, but it's interesting to see that Khamenei's social media handlers would make their second-ever Instagram one of their boss alongside his domestic rival. (That's head of Khamenei's security detail, Ahmad Vahid Dastjerdi, over Khamanei's other shoulder, according to Al-Monitor's always-knowledgeable Laura Rozen).

The last two aren't so interesting, but they're here and here if you want to see them. We'll let you know if the supreme leader starts taking mirror shots, applying dreamy filters to his photos, or starts tweeting photos of "bikini babes," an ultimate Instagram cliche that would definitely make some news.

Edited by Laayla

WOW. Just wow.

That was very disrespectful indeed.

So what if he makes an Instagram?? It's a photo sharing application. Does that mean he will take mirror shots of himself? I think they don't even know what instagram is. Because if they had ever used it, then they would see that there are tons of photos where it's nature or cats or etc..

I really like how Sayyed is more open to technology, and the bottom part about the bikini babes is very disrespectful and disgusting.

Allah hafidh.

the article is disrespectful I agree, I think it's pretty cool that he's keeping up with the technology and that he's got one just followed him B)

Obama has a twitter account so what? they r just being mean, plus it's so obvious that his media ppl r the ones updating it -_-

WOW. Just wow.

That was very disrespectful indeed.

So what if he makes an Instagram?? It's a photo sharing application. Does that mean he will take mirror shots of himself? I think they don't even know what instagram is. Because if they had ever used it, then they would see that there are tons of photos where it's nature or cats or etc..

I really like how Sayyed is more open to technology, and the bottom part about the bikini babes is very disrespectful and disgusting.

Allah hafidh.

Just leik facebook and twitter!

the article is disrespectful I agree, I think it's pretty cool that he's keeping up with the technology and that he's got one just followed him B)

Obama has a twitter account so what? they r just being mean, plus it's so obvious that his media ppl r the ones updating it -_-

Its not him -_-

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

This frustrates me how they disrespect Sayyid Ali so openly, like the cowards they are. Would they do the same to any other religious leader like the Pope or the Dalai lama?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Iran's Supreme Leader just made Instagram much less cool

3 hrs ago

Instagram's newest user is one of its most unexpected, and he might have just made the photo-sharing app decidedly uncool. Iran's Supreme Leader, Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has taken to sprucing up his otherwise mundane pics with quirky filters for a retro feel. That walk down a hallway with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is totally forgettable—until it gets saturation and shadowed corners to give it depth. Still, they're better than those faux artistic shots of your morning latte. (Sorry, but we're just saying what everyone is thinking.) And now that the ayatollah’s on Instagram, we wonder what will happen next time his government decides to shut down the Internet amid mass protest. [Source]

Iran's Supreme Leader Joined Instagram—Here's His First Photo

AUG 1 2012, 2:34 PM ET 20

Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader of Iran since 1989, may or may not have some interest in nuclear technology, but he is not especially known as an early adopter when it comes to social media tech. And yet the unelected septuagenarian, after successfully launching his Twitter account (almost 3,000 tweets, over 4,000 followers, and not following a soul), has taken to Instagram. Instagram!

The bearded, spectacled dictator has sent out four photos of himself in the week since joining. They're pretty banal, as far as propaganda goes -- praying, standing around with officials, sitting over a Koran -- which somehow makes them even more surreal. Three years after shutting downInternet service after Iranians used Twitter and photo-sharing services to coordinate mass protests and tell the word about the Iranian regime's brutal crackdown, that same regime is getting in on the Twitter and photo-sharing action themselves.

Here's Khamenei's first Instagram photo. It shows Action Ali, apparently sitting at a religious gathering, probably pertaining to Ramadan, which began a couple of days before. Yes, this is the sort of excitement we follow @khamenei_ir for.

khamenei1.jpg

The second is actually a bit more interesting:

khamenei2-thumb-600x600-94905.jpg

That's Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on the right, just over Khamenei's left shoulder. Ahmadinejad and Khamenei have been bitterly feuding for over a year, the end result of which could be the president's "loss" in the 2013 "election." That doesn't mean the two leaders aren't still occasionally in the same room, of course, but it's interesting to see that Khamenei's social media handlers would make their second-ever Instagram one of their boss alongside his domestic rival. (That's head of Khamenei's security detail, Ahmad Vahid Dastjerdi, over Khamanei's other shoulder, according to Al-Monitor's always-knowledgeable Laura Rozen).

The last two aren't so interesting, but they're here and here if you want to see them. We'll let you know if the supreme leader starts taking mirror shots, applying dreamy filters to his photos, or starts tweeting photos of "bikini babes," an ultimate Instagram cliche that would definitely make some news.

Don't take it as an insult. Think of all the Green protesters that wanted change for their country. Think of what is best for Iranians in general. Don't think of this as an anti-Iranian agenda.

Maybe some good will come out of all this. Iran needs to realize there is another World out there that does not think the way they do.

That red hat always makes me think of Santa Claus. Especially that blind terrorist Egyptian leader.

Are Shias agaisnt technology?

Don't take it as an insult. Think of all the Green protesters that wanted change for their country. Think of what is best for Iranians in general. Don't think of this as an anti-Iranian agenda.

Maybe some good will come out of all this. Iran needs to realize there is another World out there that does not think the way they do.

That red hat always makes me think of Santa Claus. Especially that blind terrorist Egyptian leader.

Oh, so Americans know what's best for Iran, rather than Iranians themselves?

What "good" can come from American influence has already been seen by the Iranians pre-1979, with the pro-US puppet running things.

Iranians can see what "good" has come to Saudi Arabia and the Gulf monarchies by following the US blindly. Also don't forget Pakistan.

Yes, indeed, there is a world out there who do not think the way they do. That world cheers on the murder and destruction of non-Western "christless niggers". That world calls for the nuking of Mecca. That world calls for all major Muslim cities to be nuked. That world calls for genocide against Muslims.

No thank you, we do not want to and we will not follow America or its international puppets.

What "good" can come from American influence has already been seen by the Iranians pre-1979, with the pro-US puppet running things.

Iranians can see what "good" has come to Saudi Arabia and the Gulf monarchies by following the US blindly. Also don't forget Pakistan.

Yes, indeed, there is a world out there who do not think the way they do. That world cheers on the murder and destruction of non-Western "christless niggers". That world calls for the nuking of Mecca. That world calls for all major Muslim cities to be nuked. That world calls for genocide against Muslims.

No thank you, we do not want to and we will not follow America or its international puppets.

so we should ban the american instogram along with the already banned american facebook?

A bunch of pro-government protesters showed up during Ashura to show support, way more than the green protesters who by the way got infiltrated by people who just wanted to cause havoc.

That other world would be the US and Israel, with its business slaves. There're lots of Muslims supporting Iran and lots of westerners who at least believe that Iran should be left alone by the US and Israel.

And what makes you ask if Shias oppose technology? The 6th Shia Imam, Imam Jafar Al-Sadiq (as) knew about the earth's rotation around the sun, the blood flow in the body and the different cells inside the human body during the 8th century.

Iran is developing electrical cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh-wBkHpS8k

The Greens are Iranians are they not? But their rights are being trampled. Why do Iranians think they know what is best for the Israel/Palestine situation? When you see injustice, should you not say anything?

Just because I am American does not mean I believe all their policies to the "T". I don't blindly follow my leaders like some people ;-).

Not all Westerners are blood thirsty monsters who want to see Muslims murdered and Islam destroyed. Yes there are some people out there that have that attitude but they are in the extreme minority. Just as not all Muslims are extremist, intolerant JIhadis/Talibanis/Al-Quaedis.

The Greens are Iranians are they not? But their rights are being trampled. Why do Iranians think they know what is best for the Israel/Palestine situation? When you see injustice, should you not say anything?

Just because I am American does not mean I believe all their policies to the "T". I don't blindly follow my leaders like some people ;-).

Not all Westerners are blood thirsty monsters who want to see Muslims murdered and Islam destroyed. Yes there are some people out there that have that attitude but they are in the extreme minority. Just as not all Muslims are extremist, intolerant JIhadis/Talibanis/Al-Quaedis.

Please tell me what a Jihadi is. I'm really curious.

I don't think its actually him, maybe just a follower of him? I mean I can go make one for Sayed Sistani... Do you really think its him when he has an entire country to lead, especially in war-times for Iran now, and him being a religious leader and possibly thinking more about Allah (swt) than the internet O_O?