Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Goku

Ali The Magnificent

Rate this topic

Sallam Alykum,

I have just completed a book "Ali The Magnificent" by Yousus N. Lalljee. This book, as can be seen by the title, is a biography of Imam Ali (as) from the beginning of Islam till the martyrdom of the the Holy Imam. The first 100 pages or so discuss the birth of Ali, his youthful years, his disciple of the Prophet (saw), his marriage with Fatima (as), the battles he participated in, the missionary work he did for Islam, his status in Ghadeer Khum, and where he was and what he did during the last days of Prophet Muhammad (saw). What I loved about this book was that it discussed Prophet Muhammad (saw) as much as it discussed Imam Ali (as) in the first 100 pages. It is as the author was saying that you can't mention Ali (as) without first mentioning Muhammad (saw) because these two were almost inseparable. The next 100 pages or so discuss Ali (as) after the death of Muhammad (saw) and the issue of caliphate and what Ali (as) had to deal with and the battles he was forced to partake in. The book then ends with the martyrdom of Ali (as) and then discusses his virtues such as his knowledge, piousness, and his views on life.

The book was very enjoyable to read and the author even used hadeeths to back up some of the points he was making. It gave a fairly detailed description of the life of Ali (as) which only makes you love and respect him more. I would definitely recommend this book to every Muslim and non-Muslim to learn more about a man who not only lived his life to better Islam, but to better humanity also. He was not an Imam just for Shia Muslims, but for all of mankind. He is undoubtedly the best human being to have ever lived after Prophet Muhammad (saw) with such an elevated status that the angels themselves know of his status.

I would recommend you buy a physical copy of the book because it is just that good. But if you are unable to then you can read it online for free (The PDF is 100 pages but is still the complete book):

http://www.ziyaraat....Magnificent.pdf

university.etrat.net/EtratLibrary/Beleifs/AliTheMagnificent.pdf

Edited by Goku

Salaam Alaykum Mohammed :D

Thank you so much! I have After the Prophet on order (should be here in about a week), I shall read this book, still digging deep into your Shi'a Islam Misunderstood book. Now I just have to get my hands on Then I Was Guided! :3

Salaam Alaykum Mohammed :D

Thank you so much! I have After the Prophet on order (should be here in about a week), I shall read this book, still digging deep into your Shi'a Islam Misunderstood book. Now I just have to get my hands on Then I Was Guided! :3

Then I was guided can be read here: http://www.al-islam.org/guided/

I also have a PDF of it if you would like that.

(salam)

(bismillah)

I read this book years ago, enjoyed it back then, the Main issue I had with this book was the lack of sources and references he used. For a biography of Imam Ali in English, I would suggest Baqir Sharif Qarashi's "The Life of Imam Ali" also Mufti Ja'far Hussayn's "Biography of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib". At least those two books give references to the stories and events that occur during Imam Ali's life. Now, those two books do not given an 100% authentic version of the life of Imam Ali, but they are the best in English.

(salam)