Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zahratul_Islam

Dessert Suggestions

Rate this topic

Guest Zahratul_Islam

I am throwing an iftaar dinner party and I am overwhelmed by potential dessert ideas. Any suggestions?

1) no cookies

2) no cupcakes

2) no brownies

Guest Zahratul_Islam

Okay folks, loved all the suggestions. I am making a single batch of baklava and kanafa (standard) but I wanted to add in something extra for those who don't like those choices. I am going to use Enlightened's idea of jelly but I want to do a layer of pink custard, a layer of sliced fruit (strawberry and banana) and a layer of yellow jelly. How do I prevent the layers from blending??

Edited by Zahratul_Islam

Okay folks, loved all the suggestions. I am making a single batch of baklava and kanafa (standard) but I wanted to add in something extra for those who don't like those choices. I am going to use Enlightened's idea of jelly but I want to do a layer of pink custard, a layer of sliced fruit (strawberry and banana) and a layer of yellow jelly. How do I prevent the layers from blending??

Allow each layer to set (put it in the fridge till it becomes solid) before you add the next layer, and so on.

Edited by WhiteSkies

Guest Zahratul_Islam

Allow each layer to set (put in in the fridge till it becomes solid) before you add the next layer, and so on.

I was hoping there was a shortcut :( I didn't want it to have to take so long! Guess I should head back into the kitchen :no:

Edited by Zahratul_Islam

Allow each layer to set (put it in the fridge till it becomes solid) before you add the next layer, and so on.

Can you speed it up by putting it in the freezer?

Basbosa is SO GOOD and really easy to make >> there r like million recipes, but my fav is the one with tohiniah bottom gives it a great texture

mini cheese cake (they r great for serving) this recipe looks pretty good: http://bakingbites.com/2011/08/chocolate-chip-mini-cheesecakes/

or aseedah (very traditional for Ramadan)

Guest Zahratul_Islam

Thank you ladies for all the amazing ideas and appetizing pictures! I ended up going with a raspberry tart using a custard base because the custard pictures looked so lovely :) I was too busy running around to take pictures but inshAllah if/when my friend emails them to me I will post them up! The whole dinner was wonderful. InshAllah you ladies have a blessed Ramadan.

Edit: I did make the jelly/custard/fruit combo but my brother ended up eating a few of them for sahoor so they were rendered useless :dry:

Edited by Zahratul_Islam

Fruit Cream.....Love it....And I do an awesome job making it too.

O my word >.< i LOVE trifle! with the sponge and the jelly with the fruit in it and the custard and the cream :cry: all the shops are closed.