Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ali1427

Wedding Ceremonies In Azakhana And Imambargah

Rate this topic

I feel extremely uncomfortable when I see momineens using Azakhanas as Shadi Halls. Azakhana is a holy place where we pay our respects to our Imams, members of the Royal Family (Ahle Bayet), and Shohada-e-Karbala. At a wedding ceremony, people do not or cannot respect the Holy Ziarahs as they (Ziarahs) deserve. People may even talk absurd, may throw jokes. Thus the sanctity of that place is affected. Is it right to have wedding ceremonies in Azakhanas?

AOA

What better place than a Hussainiya to get married in? I think it's a great move forward. I'm pretty sure that one who wants his marriage ceremony to take place in a Hussainiya will make sure that nobody exceeds the limits. Especially hijab automatically sets in on Hussainiya's premises.

WS

The tomb of Ahl al Bayt and their grave sites is a holy site and proper respect should be paid to it.

But the structure that you built yourself in your own country is not holy at all.

There are protocols for entering and exiting a mosque, or what can and cannot be done there but a community centers doesn't enjoy that level of holiness as the tombs/grave sites of the Ahl al-Bayt.

Salam, I have been to many weddings held in Imambarghas or hussainiyas, and they are very emotional and blessed occasions. Being able to have the Ahlul bayt(as) present as your witnesses, along with so many other guests, is a great honour and helps to bless the marriage. Personally, I stuck to Iraqi tradition(my husband is Iraqi) and I had my aqid nikkah done at my sister in laws house rather then in a masjid or hussainiya, and I then had my walima at a hotel wedding hall. Mostly I have seen that khojas tend to do their aqid and walima in the hussainiya/Imambargha and I have never witnessed behaviour any less befitting of a place of worship then I have witnessed at any other majalis for other occasions. Also, many people like to have their wedding on a blessed day of the birth of a ma'soomeen, and so it is better to have the wedding at the place where everyone would gather for the occasion and not to take away from the occasion by having it elswhere. We eat an pray andgether for other occasions in the Hussainiya, the only difference for a wedding is that Aqid nikkah is recited and the jama'ah prays for the success of the marriage. I have also seen that some people have been going to actual harams(particularly in Syria) and having their Aqid Nikkah done inside the shrine, but then having the walima elswhere.

I hope that you can come to be more comfortable with weddings taking place in such a special place inshallah.

Salams and duas inshallah

Sign in to follow this