Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
labaikYaZahra

Makeup

Rate this topic

Assalamu alaikum

I have researched this topic quite a bit and I've discovered that some maraji3 say it is permissable for women to wear makeup such as masacara and kohl in the presence of a non mahram, however other maraji3 say anything that enhances a woman's appearance is forbidden. Does anyone here have any proof (hadiths/verses) that support the permissibilty of makeup in front of non mahram males?

Thankyou :)

Hi

Only Kohl is permitted; sorry for such a brief response but there was a recent thread on permissibility of make-up---I forget in which forum was it. I would try to find it and than paste the link for you.

But in my knowledge make-up is generally not allowed ,----personally----no complains---

thanks that would be great!

Make Up During Ramadan

Here---I found it--

Do you apply make-up; I am very fascinated by girls who know how to put on make-up but unfortunately I have zero -tolerance for any foreign substance around my face.

I have just accepted the fact that till death Johnsons Baby Lotion would be my entire toiletry range, apart from Kohl---

Make Up During Ramadan

Here---I found it--

Do you apply make-up; I am very fascinated by girls who know how to put on make-up but unfortunately I have zero -tolerance for any foreign substance around my face.

I have just accepted the fact that till death Johnsons Baby Lotion would be my entire toiletry range, apart from Kohl---

thanx! and yeah i do apply makeup, not too much that it's noticeable though, just a bit of mascara.

Asalaam sisters

I have a very sensative skin very allergic to any store facial cream, I have tried almost all types. Can any of you give any tips or any tested homemade cream.

Ma'asalaam

why don't you try some natural/organic products?

Guys don't go heavy on the kohl. If you dont remove it properly it stains the delicate skin underneath your eyes so that you resemble a raccoon, or a panda. A little mascara should do more than enough to freshen your appearance. Kohl makes your eyes seem much smaller than they actually are.

As for it being islamically permissible, I have heard that anything that brings attention to your appearance is haram.

Some marjas allow foundation or powder for those sisters who have scarring or acne. None of this is confirmed though, so I won't give my opinion.

Cheers.

I just read that mixing 1 tbs olive oil with 3 tbs honey and apply on face fot 15 mins the wash with warm water, twice a week will give baby soft skin...... going to try it :D.

Here are some more tips I came across:

How to get baby soft skin?

•Cleansing followed with exfoliating . To exfoliate you can use Lemon juice mixed with sugar granules. Rub the mixture on the skin in circular manner. It will remove dead skin. •2 table spoon of Johnson baby oil mixed with two tablespoon of sugar when rubbed on face, neck, hand, feet makes the skin baby soft and supple. •Glycerine mixed with honey acts as a natural bleach. 2 teaspoon glycerine, 2 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon honey should be mixed and left for half an hour. •Another trick for beautiful feet is add a few drops of Johnson baby shampoo in lukewarm water. You can add a few drops more depending on the quantity of water in your bucket, ideally half a bucket is enough. Use a scrub or loofah to remove dead skin. •Always keep your skin moisturized and drink plenty of water. Drinking water will improve circulation, flush toxins from your body and will give you a radiant complexion.

Herbal remedy to reduce dark circles :

•Grate raw potato, squeeze the juice and apply it under your eyes. Potato slices also can be placed on your eyes and left for 15 minutes. This method can be done anytime in the day but recommended every night for best results.

Herbal remedies to remove scars : •To remove scar apply aloe vera juice and leave it for 15 -20 minutes. Wash and pat dry. •Coconut water also helps to remove scars. •Another effective tip to remove scars is castor oil. Massage it in a circular manner and wash after 15 minutes. Castor oil is sticky so you need patience for good results but it is worthwhile. Try it regularly for a month for the scar to go off completely.

Herbal remedies to get rid of open pores :

•Add lemon juice to tomato juice and apply it on your face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash with cold water •Juice of pineapple also helps to get rid of open pores. Wash with cold water after applying the juice. •Papaya pulp can be applied on face. Leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it with cold water. •Multani mitti also is effective for open pores. Mix rose water to multani mitti or fuller’s earth and leave it to dry. Spray your face with cold water and slowly wash the paste. Be careful while washing your face do not rub it. Steaming opens the pores. After cleansing splash cold water. Cold water closes open pores. You can rub ice cube also. Make it a habit of washing your face with cold water at least 3-4 times in a day.

Mascara is harmful to cornea. As to kohl and the size of the eyes, it depends on the way you do your make-up. If you use it inside your eyes, yes, they will seem smaller. But if you draw the line outside of your eyes, they will seem larger.

Sister I know what I'm talking about, I work as an MA. Black eyeliner on the outside or the inside decreases the size of the eye. The sisters who have smaller eyes are recommended to use nude or white liner, as it opens up the eye, thus making it seem larger. Some mascaras can be harmful, but a lot are not, check out the skin deep website, it lists all the hazards of almost every product.

Personally I think kohl is the worst make up item. I like liquid liner for a slight cat eye, but have you ever seen a girl that uses kohl everyday, without it? On the day she doesn't wear it she looks dead.

Don't cake it on ladies. Less is more.

Isn't wearing cosmetics a contradiction to why a woman wears hijab? I thought we wanted men to appreciate us for our intellect, not appearance? The very definition of cosmetics is to "approve appearance"...why do we feel it necessary to enhance our looks? Wouldn't you rather a man to be attracted to you in your natural, not cosmetic state? And make up is bad for our skin. It clogs our pours and in such cases as lipstick, it's unhealthy as it contains lead.

Mascara is harmful to cornea. As to kohl and the size of the eyes, it depends on the way you do your make-up. If you use it inside your eyes, yes, they will seem smaller. But if you draw the line outside of your eyes, they will seem larger.

Can you provide a reference to a scientific/ medical report that states this? This is the first time in my life I'm hearing this, I frequently use mascara and Hamdulilah never had problems.

As for kohl, I don't use it any more...if a product can't give me the complete ist of ingredients in it's packaging I don't put it on my skin, far less in THE WATERLINE OF MY EYE...most kohl products contain LEAD. Source

Can you provide a reference to a scientific/ medical report that states this? This is the first time in my life I'm hearing this, I frequently use mascara and Hamdulilah never had problems.

As for kohl, I don't use it any more...if a product can't give me the complete ist of ingredients in it's packaging I don't put it on my skin, far less in THE WATERLINE OF MY EYE...most kohl products contain LEAD. Source

I believe kohl is lead sulfide...so all kohl contains lead.

umm...i believe it's hadith to put on kohl so there must be many benefits to it.

Not sure how much make up is allowed..but I've seen so many sisters wear it very badly.

Agree with Tima about the overuse of kohl black eyeliner, so unflattering and makes even big eyes look smaller. What is much better is using eyeshadow under your eyes smudging it out for a smoky effect. And no fake eyelashes, look after your own and they should be nice and thick and need only a couple of coats of mascara.

Foundation is important, just as long as it's the correct shade ( must match colour of neck). A nice peachy blush and a tiny bit of highlighter at the top of your cheekbones.

A nice pink gloss completes your look :)

MAC & Bobbi Brown are the best cosmetics on the Market IMO