Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mahmud

How To Ensure Magic Does Not Affect Us?

Rate this topic

Strangely enough, people who don't believe in black magic tend not to get affected by it, while those who do strongly believe in it see it everywhere...

Thats because, reality is bent around what our mind makes it out to be. If you allow it to be so.

And with that, I do not believe "black magic" is real, nor "salt magic", nor would i say i have ever been effected by it, nor even seen it.

The best way to avoid being controlled by magic, is to go take a few chemistry and physics classes. Learn how the universe works, and then ask yourself if it makes any sense that a piece of salt (sodium chloride), could ever steer away supernatural beings.

Edited by Belial

salamun alaikum....very interesting but i was just wondering does black majic exist?

"I know a Shi'a who is a strong believer in the power of salt."

i havnt heard of power of salt before, can you tell me about it

jazakallah

Salaam! Sorry, I completely missed your post somehow lol

I think his family is just superstitious, to be honest o.o the more I ask him, the less I think it has to do with being Shi'a/Muslim in general.

Also, it's not to guard against black magic. The origional poster also mentioned Jinn. I think the salt thing is mostly to guard against Satan/evil forces like Jinn. He has never expressed a belief in black magic or any kind of a magic for that matter and he attributes all his fortune and loss to the will of Allah سبحانه وتعالى.

I'm not entirely sure about this. I'm definitely going to ask next time I see him...either way, this is his belief and if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have known that it wasn't a Muslim thing (which I clearly thought it was )

Edited by AlizeeGagnon

Strangely enough, people who don't believe in black magic tend not to get affected by it, while those who do strongly believe in it see it everywhere...

Its easily understandable that those who aren't affected by it don't believe in it, while those who have experienced it believe in its existence.

Guest Jebreil

(bismillah)

(salam)

I found this interesting:

Its easily understandable that those who aren't affected by it don't believe in it, while those who have experienced it believe in its existence.

I can't decide which is, purely on the basis of reasoning, the stronger argument. I think both are good reasoning, and the first seems materially truer while the second seems formally truer.

It is a fact that those who believe in this sort of thing see it everywhere. It is also correct that people often change their beliefs after they are affected, and so it is no wonder that those who don't believe are not affected.

(wasalam)

Assalaamu Alaikum.

People often get affected by magic, evil eye, curse, bad luck, possession by Jinns and ghosts, etc.

But the ifrst line of defence is : How do we make sure that magic, etc does not even affect us in the first place? What are the mistakes that people make? What are the precations that should be taken?

Thanks in advance

1. Recognize resolutely its nonexistence.

2. Don't backslide.

(bismillah)

(salam)

^Truth

Now here's my question for all the [muslim] skeptics - what do you guys believe when you read all the hadith / narrations that talk about reciting surah "xyz" on food or water for some effect, or if you're in pain recite something and rub or blow - do you believe any of them or are they all just garbage? I'm sure if a non-muslim read these narrations it would seem a lot like "magic" to them...

Sure the Qur'an itself is a miracle and if God-willing there is any effect it shouldn't be surprising - but don't you ever wonder about the "how" or what would be going on to cause the stated effects if you believe there is something going on... or for that matter that there is some kind of science present? some undefined portion of physics? - and if that's the case can it not be used in a harmful way by someone who knows what they're doing? I'm not saying to drop all the sciences and knowledge you have - but putting that aside - what do you think in this regard?

Now here's my question for all the [muslim] skeptics - what do you guys believe when you read all the hadith / narrations that talk about reciting surah "xyz" on food or water for some effect, or if you're in pain recite something and rub or blow - do you believe any of them or are they all just garbage?

Looks like they never came across any of them. You see this is the sorriest problem with SC's self proclaimed e-scholars and hadith champs who will often make wild boasts and claims about so many things. But they aren't honest with themselves to begin with, let alone other people. Obviously, their reading selection on ahadith is short enough and on selected topics only that they find interesting -- certainly not about all the aspects our Deen covers with whatever ahadith resource we are left with today.

And, once again confronted by evidence of that I find it a little disappointing.

Our hadith books are mA loaded with supplications, medicine recommendations and information on how to dispel magic, repel the Jinn kind and so on. Everything these class A and respected SC members are simply denying are rather comprehensively dealt with in our books (e.g. Tahzeeb al-Islam).

Edited by Darth Vader

If magic isn't real or if it is insignificant then how come its mention comes up so much in our most reliable hadith sources? How come there are recommended supplications, 'aamaal, Quranic recitations for protection against the Jinn and dispelling magic, recommended by the holy prophet (pbuh) and the aimma (as)? Go and read all the hadiths, start with the book Tahzeeb al-Islam. Troll.

Edited by Darth Vader

If magic isn't real or if it is insignificant then how come its mention comes up so much in our most reliable hadith sources? How come there are recommended supplications, 'aamaal, Quranic recitations for protection against the Jinn and dispelling magic, recommended by the holy prophet (pbuh) and the aimma (as)? Go and read all the hadiths, start with the book Tahzeeb al-Islam. Troll.

And how come in the story of Sulayman it is mentioned in the Qur'an? It is mentioned that as a test to the people, Allah(swt) sent 2 angels with the knowlege of magic, to the people, in order to teach them, but to tell them not to use it, and as a test. This magic was then used and abused, and so nabi sulayman(as) took all the books on magic and buried them under his throne in order to conceal them from the people. What about Surah falaq? what is hasad? if not the destructive jealousy that materialises to affect the person that you are jealous of? And like you mentioned, there are many hadith regarding jinn and magic and how to protect one's self,

“And they followed what the shaitans chanted of sorcery in the reign of Sulaiman, and Sulaiman was not an unbeliever, but the shaitans disbelieved, they taught men sorcery and that was sent down to the two angels at Babel, Harut and Marut, Yet these two taught no man until they had said, ‘Surely we are only a trial, therefore do not be a disbeliever.’ Even then men learned from these two, magic by which they might cause a separation between a man and his wife; and they cannot hurt with it anyone except with Allah’s permission, and they learnt what harmed them and did not profit them, and certainly they know that he who brought it should have no share of good in the hereafter and evil was the price for which they sold their souls; had they but known this.”

(Surah al-Baqarah 2:102)

Imam Sadiq (a.s.) says:

“One who divines or the one who goes to a soothsayer for divination, (both) have renounced the religion of Muhammad (S).”

(Khisāl)

1.Imam Ali Ibn abi Talib said : Whoso keep the following du-a'a written on skin of a deer, shall remain safe from the influence of any magic.

BISMILLAAHI WA BILLAAHI BISMILLAAHI WA MAA SHAAA-ALLAAHU BISMILLAAHI WA LAA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAAH QAALA MOOSAA MAA JI-TUM BIHIS SIH'R INNALLAAHA SAYUBT'ILUH INNALLAAHA LAA YUS'LIH'U A'MALAL MUFSIDEEN FAWAQA-A'L H'AQQU WA BAT'ALA MAA KANOO YA'-MALOON FAGHULIBOO HUNAA LIKA WANQALABOO S'AAGHIREEN

[in the name of Allah and with Allah: in the name of Allah-that which Allah wills (takes place); in the name of Allah- there is no power nor strength save with Allah. Musa said : What you have brought is sorcery; verily Allah will soon make it vain: verily Allah does not put in order the work of the mischief-makers.

Thus the truth was established, and what they were doing was made vain.So there and then (Firawn and his enchanters) were defeated and made to look small, humiliated]

4.The Holy Prophet said : To keep the devils at bay and to destroy the effects of magic recite verses 54 to 56 of Al Araf.

INNA RABBAKUMULLAAHUL LAD'EE KHALAQAS SAMAAWAATI WAL ARZ'A FEE SITTATI AYYAAMIN THUMAS-TAWAA A'LAL A'RSH YUGHSHIL LAYLAN NAHAARA YAT'LUBUHOO H'ATHEETHAW WASH SHAMSA WAL QAMARA WAN NAJOOMA MUSAKHKHARAATIM BI AMRIH ALAA LAHUL KHALQU WAL AMR

TABAARAKALLAAHU RABBUL A'ALAMEEN UD-O'O RABBAKUM TAZ'ARRU-A'W WA KHUFYAH INNAHOO LAA YUH'IBBUL MU'TADEEN WA LAA TUFSIDOO FIL ARZ'I BA-DA IS'LAAH'IHAA WAD-O-OHU KHAWFAW WA T'AMA-A'A INNA RAH'MATALLAAHI QAREEBUM MINAL MUH'SINEEN

[Verily your Lord is Allah who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then established Himself on the throne. He draws the night as a veil over the day, which pursues it incessantly; and made the sun and the moon and the stars subservient to His command. Verily, His is the creation and the command. Blessed be Allah, the Lord of the worlds. Call on your Lord humbly and in secret. Verily Allah does not love the transgressors. And do not make mischief in the earth after it has been reformed; and call on Him fearing (His wrath) and longing (his mercy). Verily the mercy of Allah is near to those who do good]

10. It is written in Kanzul Maknun that the blood of man can be congealed by sorcery, so as to render him incapable of sleeping with any woman.

Do the following a'mal to repel the evil. Boil 3 eggs of hen, and remove their shells

(i) write verse 71 of al Khaf with saffron on the egg and give it to the man to eat it.

FANT'ALAAQAA H'ATTAAA ID'AA RAKIBAA FIS SAFEENATI KHARAQAHAA QAALA A-KHARAQTAHAA LITUGHRIQA AHLAHAA LAQAD JI-TA SHAY-IN IMRAA

[Then they went their way till they embarked in a boat in which he made a hole (and Musa) said; you have made a hole in it to down its passengers. Verily you have done a strange thing]

(ii) Write verse 30 of al Anbiya with saffron on the second egg and give it to the man to eat it.

AWALAM YARALLAD'EENA KAFAROOO ANNAS SAMAAWAATI WAL ARZ'A KAANATAA RATQAN FAFATAQNAAHUMAA WA JA-A'LNAA MINAL MAAA-I KULLA SHAY-IN H'AYY AFALAA YOOMINOON

[Have not those who disbelieve seen that the heavens and the earth were closed up, and that We clove them as under? Out of water we made all things alive. Will they not then believe.]

(iii) Write verse 29 of al Fath with saffron on the third egg and give it to the man to eat it.

MUH'AMMADUR RASOOLULLAAH WALLAD'EENA MA-A'HOOD ASHIDDAAA-U A'LAL KUFFAARI RUH'AMAA-U BAYNAHUM TARAAHUM RUKKA-A'N SUJJADAY YABTAGHOONA FAZ'LAM MINALLAAHI WA RIZ'WAANA SEEMAAHUM FEE WUJOOHIHIM MIN ATHARIS SUJOOD

D'AALIKA MATHALUHUM FIT TAWRAATI WA MATHALUHUM FIL INJEEL FAZAR-I'N AKHRAJA SHAT AHOO FA-AAZARAHOO FASTGHLAZ'A FASTAWAA A'LAA SOOQIHEE YU'JIBUZ ZURRAA-A LIYAGHEEZ'A BIHIMUL KUFFAAR WA-A'DALLAAHUL LAD'EENA AAMANOO WA A'MILUS S'AALIH'AATI MINHUM MAGHFIRATAW WA AJRAN A'Z'EEMAA

[Muhammad is the messenger of Allah: and those who are with him are severe against infidels but compassionate among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating, seeking His grace and pleasure. Their mark is on their faces (foreheads) from the effect of prostrations. Their description in the Tawrat, and their description in the Injil, is like a seed that sends out a stalk, then strengthens it, and it becomes stout and rises firm on its stem, delighting the sowers, in order to fill the disbelievers with rage. Allah has promised those who believe and do good deeds forgiveness and a great recompense.]

OR

(i) Write verse 47 of Ad'D'ariyat on an olive leaf and let the man eat it

WAS SAMAAA-A BANAYNAAHAA BI-AYDIW WA INAA LAMOOSI-O'ON

[We built the heavens with might, and verily We are the Lord of power and expanse

(ii) Write verse 48 of ad' D'ariyat on another olive leaf and his wife should eat it

WAL ARZ'A FARASHNAAHAA FANI'-MAL MAAHIDOON

[We spread the earth (like a carpet) - an excellent spreader (We are)]

write the following prayer on the skin of a deer and keep it on the body. Inshallah, it will protect you from troubles, difficulties and misfortunes.

BISMILLAAHI ASTAR-E'EKA RABBAKA WA A-O'OD'U BIKA BIL WAAH'IDI MIN SHARRI KULLI H'AASIDIN QAA-IMIN AW QAA-I'DIN WA KULLI KHALQIN RAA-IDIN FEE TURUQIL MAWAARI WA AN AA YAZ'URRUKA FEE YA'QZ'ATIN WA LAA MANAAMIN WA LAA FEE Z'A-NIN WA LAA FEE MAQAAMIN MAA ABQAYTIL LAYAALIYA WA AAKHIRAL AYYAAMI YADULLAAHI FAWQA AYDEEHIM WA H'IJAABULLAHI FAWQA A'ADIYATIHIM

[in the name of Allah. I give you in the custody of your Lord; I give you in the protection of He (who will keep you safe) from the evil of whosoever envies you, be he standing or sitting, from (the evil of) every creature lying in wait at the turn of any road, so that he may neither harm you in wakefulness, nor in sleep, nor while walking nor at the destination, as long as nights and days follow each other. The hand of Allah may restrain their hands and the protection of Allah may over power their hostility.]

Recite the following du'a'a

ALLAAHUMMA INEE AS-ALUKA BIH'AQQI MUH'AMMADIN WA AALI MUHAMMADIN AN TUS'ALLIYA A'LAA MUH'AMMADIN WA AALI MUH'AMMADIN WA AN TUNJIYANEE

So what are these remedies for except black magic? I f it doesn't exist then why did the a'imma(as) bother telling us about it?

There is no magic, but there is the psychological power of suggestion, and there are certain people with a certain knack for psychologically asserting themselves upon another, through words or tones of voice, or a look to influence another person or knock them off their equilibrium, implant an idea, push their thoughts in a desired direction. The hypnotist, the con man, the professional politician, the ad man, the pschologist - all understand these sorts of things. But there's nothing magical or supernatural about it. It's just psychology.

Edited by kadhim

Guest ahlulbayti

it's nothing much----just a mental / spiritual placebo ; you know what a placebo is ?

no i dont lol, what is it