Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

If you believe it's haraam then what do our opinions matter? I think what you really want is to try and prove your viewpoint.

And if you're a sunni then what you think about it is completely irrelevant anyway.

ALI

Haraam.

Self mutilation. Spilling najis blood everywhere. How do you pray when you're covered in blood? What about when people do zanjeer in/near a masjid, getting the blood on the building? Not only that, but if you really want to bleed to mourn someone's loss, why not donate blood so that your blood can actually go towards saving someone's life instead of falling on plastic or into the gutters.

I see no reason for it to be considered halal.

Dont hold me to this, but i beleive i heard the Maraji' have said it is not allowed to inflict uncurable wounds on one's self.

I think taking a sword and cutting your head is an incurable wound.

There are numerous threads on this topic just search those out.

If you believe it's haraam then what do our opinions matter? I think what you really want is to try and prove your viewpoint.

And if you're a sunni then what you think about it is completely irrelevant anyway.

ALI

Your post has some problems in it, brother.

If I believe pork is halal, for example, why should your opinions matter? Because your opinions can convince me otherwise, and lead me to a better path. If it does achieve that effect, than I will stop eating pork and you will recieve thawab, obviously.

And that applies here as well. Give your opinions, but make sure they are righteous, so others can benefit from them.

And even a Sunni could possibly convey some logical points, perhaps? Who knows? Our Sunni brothers are Muslim as well, albeit from a different school of thought.