Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Eye Contact With The Opposite Sex

Rate this topic

I've always wondered this!

Muslim women cover their whole bodies and even their faces but it is a persons eyes that lead to haraam!

As a guy, I know when I make eye contact with a women, whether she is attracted to me!

and when I am attracted to a women , I will make eye contact again with her not because I want to (because it's always awkward when you get caught out looking at someone) but because I can't help myself!

My eyes are the thing that I have to control because they communicate things I don't want them too. The heart loves to look at beautiful things - It is this weakness that I have that I need to control. Eye contact is the first communication and can get you into trouble. Surely, there's no harm in looking when you have no interest in touching! what's wrong with that If I can control myself that I'm only looking and nothing else haraam will happen !

What are your thoughts on eye contact and any situations you've been in.

Do you like to get appreciated by the opposite sex via a casual look or do you hate being leered at?

Importantly, when this has happened to you, even by accident, what has been communicated by the two individuals who locked eyes in that brief instance?

207386image001.jpgmen-eyes-web.jpg

Both of you should wear sunglasses. Sorted.

Actually, that's a good idea!

wearing sunglasses will enable men to continue to eye women up without giving them the idea that we like them!

so nothing is communicated by either of our eyes and we can go about our daily business :shifty:

However, it still doesnt answer the the question of committing sin with the eyes! It is a big problem I have with my eyes and the beautiful things I see!

..and its not just beautiful women. I have a keen eye for beauty in nature and all Allah SWT has created. Taking this into account- isnt my problem really not a problem but an admiration of what Allah SWT has created. I am infact praising Allah SWT by saying' MashAllah ' whenever I see something beautiful

...including women! :blush:

Edited by Nicholas
  • Advanced Member

Had to share.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7651231.stm

Saudi cleric favours one-eye veil

A Muslim cleric in Saudi Arabia has called on women to wear a full veil, or niqab, that reveals only one eye.

Sheikh Muhammad al-Habadan said showing both eyes encouraged women to use eye make-up to look seductive.

The question of how much of her face a woman should cover is a controversial topic in many Muslim societies.

The niqab is more common in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf, but women in much of the Muslim Middle East wear a headscarf which covers only their hair.

Sheikh Habadan, an ultra-conservative cleric who is said to have wide influence among religious Saudis, was answering questions on the Muslim satellite channel al-Maj