Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Al-MuHammadee

The Sahabah Myths

Rate this topic

Come now... Don't put your fellow Shias down for trying to have a little fun with dumb Sunnies.

:)

Is this the sunnah of the Imams (as)?

They have their beliefs, you have yours and I have mine. Lets concentrate on making use of this month.

Shaikh-ul-Nawaasb Ibn Taimiyah states the following:

It is one of the fundamental rules of the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama’h that their hearts and tongues are pure about the Sahaba Radhiyallahu 'anhum.” The Blessed Prophet Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, “Never criticize my Sahaba. I swear by He in whose hands is mylife, if any one of you spend gold equal to Mount Uhud in the path of Allah I, it will not equal (in rewards) the one mudd or even a half a mudd of gold they spent in the path of Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala.” The Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'h accepts whatever the Quran, Sunnah, and consensus say about the Sahaba Radhiyallahu 'anhum. Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala said to the Sahaba Radhiyallahu 'anhum of Badr, “Go do whatever you wish, I have forgiven you.” We accept this and believe that all the Sahaba Radhiyallah 'anhum who took the Bayah in Hudaibiyah will not enter into the Hellfire (as narrated in the ahadith). Allah I is pleased with them and they are pleased with Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala. Approximately 1400 Sahaba Radhiyallahu 'anhum took Bayah in Hudaibiyah. The Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'h does not concern itself with the internecine feuds of the Sahaba Radhiyallahu 'anhum. As for the narrations which accuse the Sahaba Radhiyallahu 'anhum of wrongdoing, many of them are lies while others fabrications. As far as the mistakes mentioned in authentic narrations, the Sahaba Radhiyallahu 'anhum are excusable in this regard. They are either correct or mistaken in their ijtihad (legal interpretation). Despite this, the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'h does not believe they were mas’um (infallible); as humans they were susceptible to sin.

Source: Aqeedah Wasitiyah, Pg # 197 / 198

Aqeedah+Wasitiyah+Cover.jpg

Aqeedah+Wasitiyah,+Pg+%23+197.jpg

Aqeedah+Wasitiyah,+Pg+%23+198.jpg

Can the offspring Sheikh Al Shatain kindly explain as to why the Companions of the Prophet (saw) did not share the same Aqeeda as him?

حَدَّثَنِي أَحْمَدُ بْنُ إِشْكَابٍ، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ فُضَيْلٍ، عَنِ الْعَلاَءِ بْنِ الْمُسَيَّبِ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ لَقِيتُ الْبَرَاءَ بْنَ عَازِبٍ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ فَقُلْتُ طُوبَى لَكَ صَحِبْتَ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَبَايَعْتَهُ تَحْتَ الشَّجَرَةِ‏.‏ فَقَالَ يَا ابْنَ أَخِي إِنَّكَ لاَ تَدْرِي مَا أَحْدَثْنَا بَعْدَهُ‏

Narrated Al-Musaiyab: I met Al-Bara bin `Azib and said (to him). "May you live prosperously! You enjoyed the company of the Prophet and gave him the Pledge of allegiance (of Al-Hudaibiya) under the Tree." On that, Al- Bara' said, "O my nephew! You do not know what we have done after him (i.e. his death).

Source: Sahih Bukhari, Book 64, Hadith # 4221‏

Al Bara bin Azib believed even though he was among thous gave bayah under the tree he is not saved from hell fire, where have the present day so called 'Ahl Sunnah' derived their Aqeeda from when clearly the companions did not share the same Aqeeda as them? Can the followers of Sheikh Al Shatain kindly explain If Allah (swt) is pleased with the person who lead the campaign in killing Uthmaan bin Affan who happens to be a companion also ?

Abdul Rahman bin Udais al Balwi, Egyptian, witnessed the Hudaybiyah. Assad ibn Moussa narrated from Ibn Lahi'a from Yazid ibn Abi Habib that he said: "Abdul Rahman bin Udais al Balawi was one of those who swore allegiance, under the tree, to the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him). Abu Umar said: "he (Abdul Rahman) was the (prince) commander of the army who were coming from Egypt and heading to Al Madina and who entrapped and killed Uthmaan"

Source: Al-Isaba fi Tamyiz al-Sahaba, Ibn Hajar Asqalani, Vol. 2, Pg. 840, Person # 1437

420945_216720091759689_1565997886_n.jpg

As matter of fact lets stop and ponder over the words of Sheikh Al Shatain, he suggest they had been 1400 companions who gave Bayah under the tree, I challenge any of you to show me one authentic chain of who those companions who was present? Even better show me one authentic Hadeeth to the number of Companions that you claim they to believe in?

Edited by RevisitingTheSalaf

Nothing better to do during the month of Ramadhan? Mods should close this forum for the month.

They used to in the past but I don't see much point in doing that. And I hope they don't.

People may want to discuss issues that still divides us today or questions about certain Sunni practices that is very different from the Shias (such as the tarawweh prayers, timing for the iftar..etc).

Also, why add unnecessary censorship just because it's the month of Ramadhan.

Edited by Gypsy

When they say the isnad is sahih, are they implying there is a problem with the matn?

No. I have heard this claim from some desperate Sunnees (and they also link an ignorant article on islamqa). But, whoever is familiar with the Sunni hadeeth masters knows the ignorance of those people. In fact, there are several Sunnee scholars that only grade hadeeths through the chains, like those in the OP.

Edited by Al-MuHammadee

Strange that Sunnees are avoiding this thread.

Well, in any case, this is only my farewell thread on ShiaChat, and THIS is my farewell post. Thanks to all the brothers and sisters. Wa salaam ‘alaikum wa rahmatullaah wa baarakatuh.

Well, in any case, this is only my farewell thread on ShiaChat, and THIS is my farewell post. Thanks to all the brothers and sisters. Wa salaam ‘alaikum wa rahmatullaah wa baarakatuh.

Why should this be your last post? We really like to read your arguments.

OK. Wish granted.

إن من ورائكم أيام الصبر للمتمسك فيهن يومئذ بما أنتم عليه أجر خمسين منكم . قالوا : يا نبي الله ! أو منهم ؟ قال : بل منكم

“Verily, after you, there will be days of patience (i.e. hardship and severe temptations, requiring lots of patience). Whosoever, in those days, holds fast to what you ARE upon will have the reward of FIFTY of YOU.”

They said, “O Prophet of Allāh! Or, fifty of THEM?”

He (the Prophet) said, “Rather, fifty of YOU.”

‘Allāmah al-Albānī says:

صحيح

Ṣaḥīḥ

A similar hadith also comes up in our sources.

Imam Ja`far as-Sadiq عليه السلام said: The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله said: A nation will come after you, from which one man will have a reward equal to fifty of you. They (the companions) said: O Messenger of Allah, we were with you at Badr, Uhud, and Hunayn, and the Qur’an was revealed in our presence. So he said: If you were to bear what they endured you would not have taken up their patience. (Tusi’s Ghayba)

Edited by Qa'im

Aslamalaykum,

@Hell

If Vigilare is a Sunni, why does he put (as) after Imams? I thought he made it abundantly clear that he is a Shia, albeit with some Bakri tendencies, but a Shia nonetheless?

The brother is a shia, i remember in one thread when someone accused him of being a sunni and then he replyed.

Anyways he can clarify what he is himself, when he sees this thread.

Edited by muslimunity1

Aslamalaykum

I miss brother Al Muhammadee :(

Is someone in touch with him? Pls ask him to come back.

I've been in touch with him, he is taking some time off due to personal reasons but inshAllah he will be back. Make dua for the brother.

Aslamalaykum,

After Ibrahim786 blasphemy today of comparing the tyrant Mu'awiyaa with our beloved Imam Zain ul Abideen a.s and our rest of the Imams, our appeal to moderators is that this thread should be a sticky one.

Edited by muslimunity1

I miss this thread probably because it was ramadhan and I realise this thread is aimed at me.

al- muHamdee, you may be able to dazzle your gullable cheerleaders but most of your post is waffle to be frank which is quite suprising as you claimed to be an ex-salafi - I think this post kinda proves you werent as you would know many of the stuff is simply not true so I will quickly go through my answer.

1) to imply that the sahabahs were not the best generation using sunni sources is an absolute cheek. Out of respect to our great scholars I normally avoid acting like an internet scholar and narrate copy and paste hadiths but I will post this to answer his points about the sahabah

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/3374

Abdullah reported:
It was asked from
Allah
's Apostle (may peace be upon him) who amongst the people were the best.
He said: (People) of my generation, then those next to them, then those next to them,
Sahih Muslim Book 031, Number 6151:

2) hypocrits - yes of course the hypocrits were amongst the ansar as they were only in madinah at first. abdullah bin ubbay was their leader and he was promised the leadership of yathrib by the 2 warring tribes to create unity before the arrival of the prophet pbuh. hence notably the ayahs referring to the hypocrits are madani and not makkan even though the prophet pbuh spend 13 years of his nabbuwah in makkah. the hypocrits mingled with the sahaabah as the sahabah were generally unaware of them but there signs of their hypocricy !!! I think we can both agree on this