Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Defending Sodomy

Rate this topic

MAFHHM

• Veteran Member

This needs to be authenticated, memri tv report from fadak tv - fadak tv who have some kind of obsession with all things sodomy related. If someone is in touch with the channel, try and get a link to the story (and even then, its possible they posted it themselves, then read it)

They are quoting from a forum, not the site of a scholar.

I googled the name of the 'shaykh' who passed the fatwa, nothing came up, it's possible that I didn't spell it right, but maybe using a 'seen' instead of a 'saad' - but nothing close came up.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

• Veteran Member

But still, there is an outside chance this is true, there have been a lot of strange fatawa by salafis.

Though even if it is true, we would have to see what kind of following the person who issued the fatwa has.

I sent an email to yassir habib's website, maybe they'll reply.

I hope it is true, because lets face it, after so many of our scholars came out in favour of sex-change opperations, we could do with something to even things up.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

• Veteran Member

But still, there is an outside chance this is true, there have been a lot of strange fatawa by salafis.

Though even if it is true, we would have to see what kind of following the person who issued the fatwa has.

I sent an email to yassir habib's website, maybe they'll reply.

I hope it is true, because lets face it, after so many of our scholars came out in favour of sex-change opperations, we could do with something to even things up.

There is no chance this is true, and even if it was a weird fatwa by some fringe scholar doesn't prove much. On the other hand allowing sex change operations is allowed by major Marjas.

What really makes it certain that this fatwa is fake is that it seems to be saying that the would-be suicide bomber should allow himself to be penetrated by another man, when if it really was necessary to do this kind of thing an instrument could just be used instead. So even in a hypothetical scenario where this all made sense, that bit still stands out.

I've got to say though that the obsession of Fadak TV with this kind of thing is very creepy. Aren't there more important things to be talking about than male on male anal penetration? No doubt a psychologist would have a field day analysing this.

• Veteran Member

There is no chance this is true, and even if it was a weird fatwa by some fringe scholar doesn't prove much. On the other hand allowing sex change operations is allowed by major Marjas.

What really makes it certain that this fatwa is fake is that it seems to be saying that the would-be suicide bomber should allow himself to be penetrated by another man, when if it really was necessary to do this kind of thing an instrument could just be used instead. So even in a hypothetical scenario where this all made sense, that bit still stands out.

I've got to say though that the obsession of Fadak TV with this kind of thing is very creepy. Aren't there more important things to be talking about than male on male anal penetration? No doubt a psychologist would have a field day analysing this.

yes and yes

• Advanced Member

Start turning your attention to Sunnis who are trying to bite into Tashayyu' buddy, that'll help you more than going after Fadak TV every thread.

• Veteran Member

Start turning your attention to Sunnis who are trying to bite into Tashayyu' buddy, that'll help you more than going after Fadak TV every thread.

What Sunnis? I haven't noticed them. As for Fadak TV, I hardly ever talk about it. I criticise Press TV a lot more. I don't know why you waste your time defending the indefensible though. I get that a lot of people may criticise Yassir Habeeb and Fadak TV for the wrong reasons, and this creates a desire to defend them against those types of people, but I don't think it's worth it considering the embarrassing nonsense they come out with.

• Advanced Member

What Sunnis? I haven't noticed them. As for Fadak TV, I hardly ever talk about it. I criticise Press TV a lot more. I don't know why you waste your time defending the indefensible though. I get that a lot of people may criticise Yassir Habeeb and Fadak TV for the wrong reasons, and this creates a desire to defend them against those types of people, but I don't think it's worth it considering the embarrassing nonsense they come out with.

The problem isn't you criticizing Fadak TV. The problem is where it gets to a point where you're complaining about every other Shi'i without giving a suitable alternative or solution to the problem.

If you had given a solution to the problem instead of whining about it everytime, I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

• Veteran Member

The problem isn't you criticizing Fadak TV. The problem is where it gets to a point where you're complaining about every other Shi'i without giving a suitable alternative or solution to the problem.

If you had given a solution to the problem instead of whining about it everytime, I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

Isn't the solution rather obvious? They should just stop saying ridiculous things. Is it really that hard?

Oh, and stop talking about homosexuality all the time.

• Advanced Member

Isn't the solution rather obvious? They should just stop saying ridiculous things. Is it really that hard?

Oh, and stop talking about homosexuality all the time.

If I remember correctly it wasn't Yassir al-Habib issuing the apparent fatwa, it was someone else. And if you have such embarrassing information about your enemy, you're bound to expose them.

It's called psychological warfare akhi.

• Site Administrators

The yahosein forum posted about this back in 2010 http://www.yahosein....ad.php?t=130905 and quoted the forum for which they got it from. Sodomy is becoming common practice, based on Saudi fatwas, as described by this terrorists for example which was also posted on the forum

The Saudis are funding the terrorists in Syria and have a nest full of terrorists ready to deploy at any time.

When it comes to the issue of sodomy, it seems Fadak TV and the Yasir al-Habib cult have special interest in it, as this particular subject is always on their tongues.

• Advanced Member

some more obsession with homosexuality

Just out of curiosity....is the riwayah that Yasir AlHabib quoted at the end of the video Sahih? Because I heard somewhere else that Imam Husayn (as) said this....if it is Sahih that would be interesting.

• Site Administrators

Just out of curiosity....is the riwayah that Yasir AlHabib quoted at the end of the video Sahih? Because I heard somewhere else that Imam Husayn (as) said this....if it is Sahih that would be interesting.

From Bihar al-Anwar v4, pg 121, hadith 64

http://www.al-shia.org/html/ara/books/lib-hadis/behar04/a13.html

ابواب الصفات

باب 3 : البداء والنسخ

شى : عن أبي ميثم بن أبي يحيى ، ( 1 ) عن جعفر بن محمد عليه السلام قال : ما من مولود يولد إلا وإبليس من الا بالسة بحضرته ، فان علم الله أنه من شيعتنا حجبه من ذلك الشيطان ، وإن لم يكن من شيعتنا أثبت الشيطان إصبعه السبابة في دبره فكان مأبونا فإن كان امرأة أثبت في فرجها فكانت فاجرة فعند ذلك يبكي الصبي بكاءا شديدا إذا هو خرج من بطن امه ، والله بعد ذلك يمحوما يشاء ويثبت وعنده ام الكتاب .

http://www.aqaed.com/faq/2675/

In the link above, a Sheikh from Aqaed.com has answered the question about the hadith from a lady in bahrain, and he's answered that this hadith is not sahih, and that Abi Maytham bin Abi Yihya who this hadith is attributed to, is a "majhool".

• Advanced Member

They are probably putting it on the show because some people may enjoy hearing those sort of "dirty" details. Think of the tabloid newspaper or all the sensational programs on TV (including tons of reality show).

How is the FadakTV ratings like?

• Veteran Member

^

So a couple of years since its inception and the few clips you have found amounts to obsession. I can claim the same about you since you seem to be listening and are aware of them.

I don't go looking for them, but in almost every video I see on here of al-Habeeb, he seems to be making some reference or other to homosexual acts. I don't appear to be the only one who has noticed it either.

Edited by Haydar Husayn

I don't go looking for them, but in almost every video I see on here of al-Habeeb, he seems to be making some reference or other to homosexual acts. I don't appear to be he only one who has noticed it either.

Maybe because the one's widely available appear to be the ones from MEMRI who probably have an agenda. Just a thought.

• Advanced Member

They are numerous evidences that certain companions had homosexual tendencies they are least six mentioned here:-

http://www.revisitin...companions.html

Do you know why such sordid details are mentioned in books? Was it local gossips back in the old days? What is the motives of people narrating such dirty details?

...there wasn't any closeted gays back in the old days, were they? :blink:

• Advanced Member

The Sheikh who passes his fatwa, puts on a very smart argument, although I believe it is wrong. Any intelligent analyses?

"

"

This needs to be authenticated, memri tv report from fadak tv - fadak tv who have some kind of obsession with all things sodomy related. If someone is in touch with the channel, try and get a link to the story (and even then, its possible they posted it themselves, then read it)

They are quoting from a forum, not the site of a scholar.

I googled the name of the 'shaykh' who passed the fatwa, nothing came up, it's possible that I didn't spell it right, but maybe using a 'seen' instead of a 'saad' - but nothing close came up.

The has been some responses arguing that this was not a hoax: http://www.raymondibrahim.com/11992/islam-sodomy-hoax

They are numerous evidences that certain companions had homosexual tendencies they are least six mentioned here:-

http://www.revisitin...companions.html

well, the Prophet was surely a pure human being. ALL who met him or were around him must have fallen in love with him instantly!

This is not to say that it was a homosexual love. More the kind of love a man has for his brother. The companions must have loved the Prophet so much that those who hated the Prophet may have seen this love as impure and called it homosexual in a bid to malign the Prophet and the companions. Slander is a good propoganda tool. It can ruin a lifetimes work of making a reputation honorable and in minutes that man unjustly be left with nothing but his reputaion left in tatters.

Allah would not have allowed any gay men to be the companions of his beloved Prophet Muhammed PBUH.