Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rhinoplastic (both Geners Allowed)

Rate this topic

• Unregistered

i thought plastic surgery was haram? there will always be something you arent satisfied with. if someone isnt going to accept you because your nose is a bit crooked or your lips arent big enough, even though you've got great akhlaq and emaan, then they arent worth it.

• Site Administrators

But what if that stop anyone from getting married? Especially in the west?

They'll probably find more compassion and love from a partner that accepts them for them, than someone who's after looks.

On another occasion, Aisha said to Prophet Muhammad (saw), when he mentioned Khadija (sa) in her presence: Sahih Bukhari Hadith: Volume 5, Book 58, Number 168:

Narrated Aisha: Once Hala bint Khuwaylid, Khadija's sister, asked the permission of Prophet to enter. On that, the Prophet remembered the way Khadija used to ask permission, and that upset him. He said, "O Allah! Hala!" So I became jealous and said, "What makes you remember an old woman amongst the old women of Quraish an old woman (with a toothless mouth) of red gums who died long ago, and in whose place Allah has given you somebody better than her?"

Prophet Muhammad (saw) became very angry at this until his hair stood. Moreover, al-Bukhari narrated that Aisha confessed: Sahih Bukhari Hadith: Volume 5, Book 58, Number 166:

I did not feel jealous of any of the wives of Prophet as much as I did of Khadija though I did not see her, but the Prophet used to mention her very often, and when ever he slaughtered a sheep, he would cut its parts and send them to the women friends of Khadija. When I sometimes said to him, "(You treat Khadija in such a way) as if there is no woman on earth except Khadija," he would say, "Khadija was such-and-such, and from her I had children."

Guest WolverineX
They'll probably find more compassion and love from a partner that accepts them for them, than someone who's after looks.

That was very beautiful. But appearance does matter to a extend, don't you think?

Edited by WolverineX

Only for legitimate medical reasons, I think. I had my nose fixed a couple of months ago - they corrected my septum since it was a bit crooked from when I broke my nose at 6 years old, and they cleared out a sinus infection. The recovery was horrible and disgusting. After the surgery I threw up blood because of the blood that had went down my stomach during the surgery. I was spitting mucous blood for a week and a half, and I wasn't supposed to get out of bed during recovery and it was like 5 days before I could have real shower. Oh and when they take the splints and the stuffing out and clear out the crusting blood, it's awful if you have a low threshold for pain. I took painkillers and I still couldn't bare it...

It was a bit odd because everyone would always tell me my nose was a little crooked and I had no idea what they were talking about, but then after the surgery I noticed that my nose was a lot straighter when I looked into the mirror. I guess it was crooked after all lol

I understand though, about what you say about some people "needing" it. It's not really about other people loving them, but rather about their own self esteem. I'm one of those people that thinks everyone should accept themselves as they are, but if it's really making you insecure and not confident, it's your choice. No one can really stop you.

• Advanced Member

Is plastic surgery Haram?? or disliked what is the ruling on it?? now would plastic surgery be haram if it was not for the purpose of pleasing other people but for ones own need to be at ease/calmness with themself, like if a particular feature causes great stress and shame to a person, and they would like to improve the look or function of it would it be haram?

Guest WolverineX

Wow a lot of people post here. Well I don't see anything wrong as fixing one imaged. We live in a society where imaged matters. I don't think anyone here can deny that. But I do agree love urself what Allah has given you. I also agree that a person should do it for themselves and not for other people.

Everyone keeps saying it is haram, but lets face it. If you had a chance at doing it, I'm sure you all would. :) I'm just saying.

• Unregistered

Only for legitimate medical reasons, I think. I had my nose fixed a couple of months ago - they corrected my septum since it was a bit crooked from when I broke my nose at 6 years old, and they cleared out a sinus infection. The recovery was horrible and disgusting. After the surgery I threw up blood because of the blood that had went down my stomach during the surgery. I was spitting mucous blood for a week and a half, and I wasn't supposed to get out of bed during recovery and it was like 5 days before I could have real shower. Oh and when they take the splints and the stuffing out and clear out the crusting blood, it's awful if you have a low threshold for pain. I took painkillers and I still couldn't bare it...

It was a bit odd because everyone would always tell me my nose was a little crooked and I had no idea what they were talking about, but then after the surgery I noticed that my nose was a lot straighter when I looked into the mirror. I guess it was crooked after all lol

I understand though, about what you say about some people "needing" it. It's not really about other people loving them, but rather about their own self esteem. I'm one of those people that thinks everyone should accept themselves as they are, but if it's really making you insecure and not confident, it's your choice. No one can really stop you.

Thank you for the very detailed description... Lol :P

I agree, if theres a legitimate medical reason then a person should get any kind of correctional surgery needed.

Correct me of I'm wrong though, aren't we supposed to be thankful for the bodies we have. Who are we to think we know more than our Creator? Personally I feel like one is implying that He didn't do such a good job, "so I'll just fix this, and maybe that"

Just the idea of it doesn't sit well with me.

Thing is that it says something about one's self respect when a person's version of "beautiful" means not looking like a member of their own race, and instead looking like someone of, well, mine.

Lol true, very true.

If someone would not marry you simply because of your nose, they are the most shallow and retarded people in the world.

LOL thank you for your kind words.

In the iraqi culture, it's usually the mother who chooses a girl for her son .. so she thinks that no lady will choose me because my nose is not perfect .