Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Who Talks To The Shia Imam Mahdi?

Rate this topic

Ibrahim786

• Advanced Member

As a sunni there are many "interesting" stuff about imam mahdi 1) his age 2) location 3) his power 4) whether he actually exists 5) whether he had siblings who are still alive or dead etc etc.

The questions that interests me is how does the shia imam mahdi guide and lead the shia masses today and more importantly is there a list of shia scholars/laymen who have been or are currently in contact with imam mahdi?

Have Ayatullah Khameini/Sistani or nassarallah met the imam?

• Advanced Member
As a sunni there are many "interesting" stuff about imam mahdi 1) his age 2) location 3) his power 4) whether he actually exists 5) whether he had siblings who are still alive or dead etc etc. The questions that interests me is how does the shia imam mahdi guide and lead the shia masses today and more importantly is there a list of shia scholars/laymen who have been or are currently in contact with imam mahdi? Have Ayatullah Khameini/Sistani or nassarallah met the imam?

Ibrahim, has the Prophet (pbuh) been sent to YOU too or not? PLEASE give a clear "yes" or "no" answer!

If the answer is yes, PLEASE tell us exactly how he guides you!

If he does not guide you, would it make sense to say he has been sent to YOU??? PLEASE give a clear "yes" or "no" answer!

That said, you need to read the final instructions of our Imaam (as) for the answer to your malicious questions. And you may like this as well http://www.islam-laws.com/articles/ulemameet.htm

As a sunni there are many "interesting" stuff about imam mahdi 1) his age 2) location 3) his power 4) whether he actually exists 5) whether he had siblings who are still alive or dead etc etc.

The questions that interests me is how does the shia imam mahdi guide and lead the shia masses today and more importantly is there a list of shia scholars/laymen who have been or are currently in contact with imam mahdi?

even if they have met Imam(s) why would they disclose it?

• Advanced Member

@Ibrahim: You don't believe Imam Mahdi (ajtf) is in occultation so why ask a question about something, regardless WHAT the answer is patently NOT a part of your creed?!?

What are you going to ask for next, YouTube videos of Imam e Zamana (ajtf) or His (ajtf) Twitter Feed?

ALI

• Advanced Member

Ibrahim, has the Prophet (pbuh) been sent to YOU too or not? PLEASE give a clear "yes" or "no" answer!

If he does not guide you, would it make sense to say he has been sent to YOU??? PLEASE give a clear "yes" or "no" answer!

That said, you need to read the final instructions of our Imaam (as) for the answer to your malicious questions. And you may like this as well http://www.islam-law...s/ulemameet.htm

please calm down and I am not being malicious in any way.

no I have not seen the prophet pbuh but I know about him because of his seerah, grave and what what he left behind etc etc hence I know from quran and sunnah that I need to follow him for guidance. He is not alive guiding me at the moment !!!!

• Advanced Member

^^^

Ibrahim, can I ask you how you know the Prophet (SAW)? In context of which books (because it wouldn't be via personal meeting, sight or hearing directly) so which writings gave you insight into the Prophet (SAW) you know?

ALI

• Advanced Member

@Ibrahim: You don't believe Imam Mahdi (ajtf) is in occultation so why ask a question about something, regardless WHAT the answer is patently NOT a part of your creed?!?

What are you going to ask for next, YouTube videos of Imam e Zamana (ajtf) or His (ajtf) Twitter Feed?

ALI

well....whats the point of having a shia/sunni or a muslim/non muslim discussion forum. The whole point is to explain your beliefs or answer questions from those that dont believe how you dont believe.

^^^

Ibrahim, can I ask you how you know the Prophet (SAW)? In context of which books (because it wouldn't be via personal meeting, sight or hearing directly) so which writings gave you insight into the Prophet (SAW) you know?

ALI

well..the scholars have written extensively on the life of the prophet pbuh which have been narrations from those that saw/met/accomponied him pbuh. Also there was such a man as we have his grave and obviously massively impacted those around him and the rest of the world forever with his sunnah and quran.

• Advanced Member

well....whats the point of having a shia/sunni or a muslim/non muslim discussion forum. The whole point is to explain your beliefs or answer questions from those that dont believe how you dont believe.

well..the scholars have written extensively on the life of the prophet pbuh which have been narrations from those that saw/met/accomponied him pbuh. Also there was such a man as we have his grave and obviously massively impacted those around him and the rest of the world forever with his sunnah and quran.

But what you asked isn't an article of faith, it't not from furoo or usool of deen so why would it be relevant? Also, you're asking SC users about the experiences of other (non-SC) users so how would we know anyway?

You slightly misunderstood my question about how you know the Prophet (SAW) but never mind. Ironic that sunnis claim the guidance finished 1400 years ago and yet they're still guided today but for Shi'ah this is not possible.

ALI

• Advanced Member

please calm down and I am not being malicious in any way.

no I have not seen the prophet pbuh but I know about him because of his seerah, grave and what what he left behind etc etc hence I know from quran and sunnah that I need to follow him for guidance. He is not alive guiding me at the moment !!!!

This is what I asked:

And you answered:

Quite interesting.

• Advanced Member

But what you asked isn't an article of faith, it't not from furoo or usool of deen so why would it be relevant? Also, you're asking SC users about the experiences of other (non-SC) users so how would we know anyway?

You slightly misunderstood my question about how you know the Prophet (SAW) but never mind. Ironic that sunnis claim the guidance finished 1400 years ago and yet they're still guided today but for Shi'ah this is not possible.

ALI

well i would of thought a famous scholar like ayatullah sistani who has a large following -if he had met imam mahdi then he would have passed any advice on to his followers hence the who muslim world would know about it !!!

Guidance ended with the death of the prophet pbuh. I mean here divine guidance - no one is equal to the prophet pbuh nor carried his message as a divine person nor came out with a new divine book etc etc,. the prophet pbuh message was complete before he died, this religion was complete before he pbuh died.

This is what I asked:

And you answered:

Quite interesting.

see my above post

ALI

YOUR IGNORANCE HAS NO BOUNDS. the last ayah revealed was 'Today I have perfected your religion' at the farewall hajj, for Shias the religion is continuous until the day of judgement! Ofcourse Mahdi is in your usool o deen, he is an imam and imamat is an usool deen, no?

And to your question Al-M, no the Prophet (pbuh) was not sent to me but was sent for all the Muslims, which obviously includes me

Edited by Dagga

• Advanced Member

@ Dagga

First and foremost, Dagga, I did not direct the question to you. Read well my posts. I have discovered that you are a brainless, dishonest, and ignorant chap. So, I am feeling less and less likely to discuss with you. Perhaps, you should do the honourable thing, and avoid replying to my posts. Otherwise, I will be hitting you personally very hard. If you are serious about discussing, go back to your "Quran Challenge" thread, answer my question and complete the debate.

Guidance ended with the death of the prophet pbuh. I mean here divine guidance - no one is equal to the prophet pbuh nor carried his message as a divine person nor came out with a new divine book etc etc,.

You are wrong! He appointed his Ahl al-Bayt (as), as his successors, to continue teaching his religion to his Ummah after him. Do you know a hadeeth called Hadeeth al-Khaleefatayn?

As for the question of "a new divine book", NONE of our Imaams (as) will ever do that, since they are NOT prophets. However, they inherited the Qur'aan from the Messenger of Allaah (pbuh) by Allaah's Decree (35:32):

ثُمَّ أَوْرَثْنَا الْكِتَابَ الَّذِينَ اصْطَفَيْنَا مِنْ عِبَادِنَا ۖ

Sahih International: Then we caused to inherit the Book those We have chosen of Our servants

Pickthall: Then We gave the Scripture as inheritance unto those whom We elected of Our bondmen.

Yusuf Ali: Then We have given the Book for inheritance to such of Our Servants as We have chosen:

Shakir: Then We gave the Book for an inheritance to those whom We chose from among Our servants.

Muhammad Sarwar: We gave the Book as an inheritance to Our chosen servants.

Mohsin Khan: Then We gave the Book (the Quran) for inheritance to such of Our slaves whom We chose .

Arberry: Then We bequeathed the Book on those of Our servants We chose

see my above post

So, are you saying the Prophet (pbuh) is sent to you too or not?

Also, has he been sent to guide you or not (I am aware of your claim that the Prophet (pbuh) is not guiding you)

Edited by Al-MuHammadee

• Advanced Member

@ Dagga

First and foremost, Dagga, I did not direct the question to you. Read well my posts. I have discovered that you are a brainless, dishonest, and ignorant chap. So, I am feeling less and less likely to discuss with you. Perhaps, you should do the honourable thing, and avoid replying to my posts. Otherwise, I will be hitting you personally very hard. If you are serious about discussing, go back to your "Quran Challenge" thread, answer my question and complete the debate.

You are wrong! He appointed his Ahl al-Bayt (as), as his successors, to continue teaching his religion to his Ummah after him. Do you know a hadeeth called Hadeeth al-Khaleefatayn?

As for the question of "a new divine book", NONE of our Imaams (as) will ever do that, since they are NOT prophets. However, they inherited the Qur'aan from the Messenger of Allaah (pbuh) by Allaah's Decree (35:32):

ثُمَّ أَوْرَثْنَا الْكِتَابَ الَّذِينَ اصْطَفَيْنَا مِنْ عِبَادِنَا ۖ

Sahih International: Then we caused to inherit the Book those We have chosen of Our servants

Pickthall: Then We gave the Scripture as inheritance unto those whom We elected of Our bondmen.

Yusuf Ali: Then We have given the Book for inheritance to such of Our Servants as We have chosen:

Shakir: Then We gave the Book for an inheritance to those whom We chose from among Our servants.

Muhammad Sarwar: We gave the Book as an inheritance to Our chosen servants.

Mohsin Khan: Then We gave the Book (the Quran) for inheritance to such of Our slaves whom We chose .

Arberry: Then We bequeathed the Book on those of Our servants We chose

So, are you saying the Prophet (pbuh) is sent to you too or not?

Also, has he been sent to guide you or not (I am aware of your claim that the Prophet (pbuh) is not guiding you)

right.....just to make thing clear. the prophet pbuh was sent as a guidance to the whole of mankind (including me) but as I was not around during his pbuh time he is not guiding me at this moment in time. However I know that to be on the right path I must follow his pbuh way which is complete, perfect and unchangeable (if that is a word).

• Veteran Member

Not sure why everyone is so defensive or so aggressive about this question. These are legitimate questions and require legitimate answers. It would have been better to answer the question and then reference it to 'Sunni' beliefs otherwise the answer though interesting comes over as being agrresive. Thanks. If anyone is struggling answering the questions I will answer to the best of knowledge since they are pretty basic theology ones

Before answering the questions you have posed it is important to pose a far more basic one and that is. Do we need a Mahdi?. I am not speaking about a Shia Mahdi or a Sunni Mahdi, just a concept of a Mahdi.

Do we need a Mahdi type figure who will reform the muslim masses and lead them to victory over evil. Do we need a Mahdi type person to lead us back to the original Islam.

That is the question we must answer first. If you agree that you need a Mahdi then it is possible to conduct a debate based on a mutual understanding. If you say no then the nature of the debate changes.

I say yes we do need a Mahdi type figure. All the Shias on here I presume will also say that a Mahdi type person. Out of the Sunni participants on here who says they need a Mahdi and who says they dont.

Having agreed on our various standpoints then the discussion can go forward

• Advanced Member

hi,

great question, just like the above brother has said in your support that these questions are not in anyway bad, if i was to hear about sunni alims that are famous and news spreading that they have contact with the prophet (saW) i for one certainly would go ahead and ask the sunni people, who, when and how?? i would not have my defences up as i'd be expecting a warm welcome to my question, but here you find that you are getting bombarded and blasted with questions about your own faith, I feel sorry for you for being harrassed in this way brother and i'd like to apologise on the behalf of the brother who knows not.

there are many reasons why this question has issues, one is that it exposes highly respected personalities that claim it to be liars as per the hadith, it also is attached to fatwas and leader decisions on their people, people like to believe these decisions and fatwas for the community come from a high source and is treated like an infallable answer and is seen as the law which has contributions by higher authorities then the leaders them selves.

truth is there have been many claims by marajas indirectly, hearing from people too and many rumours, these shias all know about this, but hate to admit this for some reason, unless they feel they have to hide it from the common folk, be proud of what you believe it is now a free world and you can speak about this. Aslong as its not about terrorism that is lol.

You have explained the truth about deen, by God it is complete and does not require any editions to it, removals or changes: time,space,fashion, lives, food, water, money, people, all rely on deen and are required to make their own changes, customs according to it to fit in, but here, in todays time just like sunnis also, you find the opposite, deen being customised to the changes of the world today, changed to the needs of the people of today. a hadith that contradicts the quran has been said to be ignored, but here we have a hadith and a quran linked together with a question and a decision which has no part of the 2 added within it, it is not held within the quran or hadith but a third party enters in between these 2 with thoughts, he then makes a decision. which then is believed to be the word... for the following people.

They do not meet the imam (saW) to make these decisions, these are from their own and of their own...but the shias of today do believe this to be true and whether they disagree or not on this forum, then they are part of the minority who disagree.

our imam (saW) has said if one claims to have met me (saw) after my (saw) gaybat, he is a liar.............

Edited by alialiali

• Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

Here in this book I would like to mention two such occurrences that happened to those who have told their experiences to me personally. Both of them are now dead and it is important for me to tell these happenings before my own death.

I lived in Najef in the fifties and during my stay there I used to visit Kerbala nearly every week. In the town of Kerbala there was a Dispensary run by the Pakistan Government. The Pharmacist there was one Mr.Rizvi who not only distributed medicine to the poor of Kerbala but also looked after the patients and sometimes even prescribed medicine for them. There was no qualified doctor to attend to the patient. Mr.Rizvi used to go to Baghdad on Friday to get stocks from the Hospital there. On one such occasion when he was coming back by Minibus, the Bus driver stopped at Mehmudiya, half way Kerbala. It was late in the evening. The Bus Driver told the passenger’s that there was something wrong with the Bus engine and he could not proceed until next morning. The passengers would have to provide for their own Board and lodging themselves for the night. Mr.Rizvi was very upset. He had a box load of medicine with him and if he would not be in Kerbala, the next morning his patients would be disappointed and some of them might have to go without any medicine. He was standing by the Road side, in this little town Mehmudiya, some 40 miles from Kerbala. Night was getting darker. People were sitting in dark coffee houses drinking coffee or playing card games etc. As time passed his worries increased. He realised that if he does not move from there soon, some youngsters might come and vandalise his goods and stocks of medicine. So he prayed to God and the words uttered were “Ya Sahebuz Zaman Udrikny” O’Imam of the Time, help me. Moments later, he saw a jeep car stopped right there where he was standing and a very good looking young Arab gentleman got out of the Jeep and told him, “Do you want to go to Kerbala”? He was astonished at this help and said yes, of course I want to go to Kerbala. He said, “put your box in the car and sit beside me”. The man drove the car and arrived in Kerbala an hour later. Without asking him the address of his destination he took him straight to the door of the Dispensary and stopped. Mr.Rizvi got down, brought his box of medicine down and started to look for some money in his pocket to give something to the Driver of the Jeep. When he turned to look for him, there was nothing there. There was no jeep car, no man, nothing. The road was completely empty. He bowed down on the dust of Kerbala to thank God for sending the help through the Imam of the Time. He told me this story personally and he had no doubt in his mind that the help came from the 12th Imam. From that time onward his devotion towards helping the people of Kerbala had increased a hundred fold. He died some years later while still helping his patients in that little Dispensary in Kerbala.

My second story was from the lips of an Englishman, Col.Abdullah Baines. During the 2nd World War he was stationed at the Royal Air Force Base at Habbaniyah, a town some 22 miles south of Baghdad. During the height of the war there was some scare in Britain that Hitler might invade Iraq to grab oilfields. It was 1942 that the Commander of the Base decided to evacuate families of the people living at the base. Col.Baines was given the task of leading the caravan of jeep cars full of women and children from Baghdad to Damascus. They had to pass through the Desert where there was no road and they had to find there way by looking at the stars as Captains of the ship sail in the sea and find there way to their destination. Col.Baines was a Christian but he was well versed in Islamic history and especially the history concerning the lives of the Imams. He had read many books about the 12th Imam and was well aware of the stories of those faithful who believe who receive help from the Imam in their distress. They call the Imam and help comes to them. All the women and children with Col.Baines were all christians and not muslims.

Half way through their journey of this caravan of five jeeps through the desert, they lost their way in a desert storm. They were hopelessly lost, going round and round in the desert, not knowing where to go and how to find their way to Damascus. They decided to camp there. Made a circle of jeep cars and all travellers sat down on the ground to await a miracle to get them out of that endless desert. They did not know what to do. One day and one night passed like that and when the next day’s sun came scorching, all of them were in despair. Water stocks had gone and thirsty children began to demand for water. Col.Baines did not know what to do. Then he remembered that he read somewhere that if you are in such distress, call the Imam of the time for help. He put up his hands in the shape of prayer, closed his eyes and asked in his heart for the Imam to help. He said, “we are all Christians and we may be sinners, but these children with me are innocent , they do not deserve to die in this manner. O’Imam of the Time, help them get out of this desert”. His prayers had not even ended when he saw that two horsemen were coming right through the eye of the storm. They came near the circle of jeep cars, approached Col.Baines, and asked, “ Do you all wish to go to Damascus”. He said “yes of course”. They said, “follow us”. The jeeps lined up and followed the horsemen. They had gone a few miles until the way became clear for them. Their guides told them to go straight to the West and they will reach Damascus. In a few days they all reached Damascus and safety. Col.Baines realised that his prayers to the 12th Imam were heard and help arrived from the Imam.

Once the war was over, Col.Bains embraced Islam, changed his name to Abdullah Baines and after his retirement from the Army, settled in Kent. He has himself told me his story before his death in 1965. He also told me to publicise this as much as possible for this is the truth and people should not refrain from telling the truth.

There are numerous experiences of this kind of help given by the Imam to people in distress who call him for help. Ayatollah al-Jazaeri told us two such stories of his own experiences in Iran when help came from the Imam to people.

Although absent and unrepresented, Imam al-Mahdi (as) still guides people and defends the faith. Even though unseen, the Imam supervises the world affairs and guides it. This curtain will exist as long as Providence deems it necessary. The time will come, which may be too late for many of us, but when the curtain of absence will be removed, Imam al-Mahdi (as) will reappear and as predicted by the Prophet, fill the world with justice and equity, discarding the prevailing injustices and oppressions. May God bring about his early reappearance and ease his coming.

See the final chapter, Story of the Holy Ka’aba And its People. http://www.al-islam.org/kaaba14/

"Whoever predicts the time of the reappearance of the Awaited is a liar."

• Advanced Member

YOUR IGNORANCE HAS NO BOUNDS. the last ayah revealed was 'Today I have perfected your religion' at the farewall hajj, for Shias the religion is continuous until the day of judgement! Ofcourse Mahdi is in your usool o deen, he is an imam and imamat is an usool deen, no?

Please learn to control your tantrums and, more importantly, learn to READ. Then digest and THINK before you post, there's a good chap.

ALI

• Advanced Member

@ Ibrahim,

Are you even aware of what you are saying? Let me break it down for you:

1. Allaah sent the Prophet (pbuh) to guide all mankind till Qiyaamah.

2. Therefore, Allaah has sent Muhammad (pbuh) to you too.

3. However, the Prophet (pbuh) cannot guide you or perform his functions.

4. This naturally means that Allaah sent him on an impossible, illogical mission - according to your logic.

Please think well about your submissions. They are highly blasphemous.

• Veteran Member

why are we going so off topic. The questions were simple and courteous why all the aggression. Will someone answer the questions in a digestible manner so that you can all indulge in your slanging match after. I fail to see why the defensive attitude and why the aggression.

OK since noone else is answering the questions I will answer some

1) Age :- about 1200 years according to gregorian calender. Extended life is well within Sunni theology and should not cause anybody any consternation. Numerous examples of extended life in Islam.

2) Wherabouts:- Noone knows . Not a problem in any religion or theology.

3)Power :- Whatever has been granted by Allah. Shouldnt be a problem from Sunni theology since they believe that the Sunni Mahdi will be imbued with 'above normal' qualities. Just a question of degree between Sunni and Shia

4) Existence:- ​ Shias say he does exist Sunnis say he will exist

5) Siblings:- No

6) Children:- possibly

Edited by A true Sunni

• Veteran Member

Now for the question that you are interested in. Is there a list of current or deceased persons who are or were in contact with the Imam (as) during the major occultation.

No list exists

Noone knows who, if anybody is in contact with the Imam(as)

It is narrated that if anybody makes the claim they are in contact with the Imam (as) they are liars.

The real question here is how does the Imam (as) guide people during the major occultation. It is believed by Shia that contiguous by guidance is required till qiyamat. It is reasoned that if the devil has been given permission to try and mislead people till Qiyamat. So Allah in order to keep the balance and Adl will provide a guide till Qiyamat. How that guide guides is what should be asked

Edited by A true Sunni

• Advanced Member

@ Ibrahim,

Are you even aware of what you are saying? Let me break it down for you:

1. Allaah sent the Prophet (pbuh) to guide all mankind till Qiyaamah.

2. Therefore, Allaah has sent Muhammad (pbuh) to you too.

3. However, the Prophet (pbuh) cannot guide you or perform his functions.

4. This naturally means that Allaah sent him on an impossible, illogical mission - according to your logic.

Please think well about your submissions. They are highly blasphemous.

I diasgree. Guidance to Islam is only in Allah's power anyway even when the prophet pbuh was alive. the prophet pbuh was the divine way that was loved by Allah swt but even then guidance to islam was only in Allah swt power. the prophet pbuh would teach and be a practical example to the muslims and non muslims. before the death of the prophet pbuh islam was complete i.e. the quran and sunnah was complete, Allah swt has perfected the religion and the sahabah bore testimony that the prophet pbuh carried out his mission. however after the death of the prophet the sahabah and then the generations after them spread islam across the world - but the prophet pbuh was not guiding them nor is he you but we both have everything we need its just a matter of us trying to search for the truth !!!!

if this is an impossible mission.....well..... all I have to say is open your eyes and look around you at your brothers from ahlus sunnah...that is proof enough :)

now back to the question at hand - there seems to be a difference of opinion of whether scholars have imam mahdi or not?? why is this so? are these scholars liars as the hadith quoted claims or is it a fiqhi issue??

• Advanced Member

Still, my objections stand. You claim that the Prophet (pbuh) has been SENT AS A GUIDE TO YOU and all others. My argument does not concern the Sahaabah. Allaah NEVER sent them to me or anyone. So, by your logic (which you are using in the Imaam al-Mahdee case), the Prophet (pbuh) must be physically present to be able to guide you. Since he is not, then he is failing in his mission, by your logic!

If you say the Prophet, your current guide, is guiding you only through Saheeh al-Bukhaaree, then your question about Imaam al-Qaaim (as) makes no sense. We have the teachings of our Imaam (as) all over our books as well, and we follow them. THE HADEETHS OF EACH OF OUR IMAAM ARE THOSE OF ALL OF THEM. THEY ALL TEACH AND SAY THE SAME THINGS. The teachings of Imaam al-Qaaim (as) can be found in our books, and in the authentic hadeeths of his fathers (as).

Does that make sense to you?

• Veteran Member

now back to the question at hand - there seems to be a difference of opinion of whether scholars have imam mahdi or not?? why is this so? are these scholars liars as the hadith quoted claims or is it a fiqhi issue??

Which scholars are claiming contact with Imam Mahdi. I think it was already pointed out that no current Shia Scholar claims to have met Imam Mahdi (as). Please read the posts and dont just post conjecture

Edited by A true Sunni

• Advanced Member

Just want to State some thing ! :dry:

Al-Dhahabi in his Tarikh Al-Islam Vol. 19, p. 113 states:

وأما ابنه محمد بن الحسن الذي يدعوه الرافضة القائم الخلف الحجة، فولد سنة ثمان وخمسين، وقيل سنة ست وخمسين

"As for his (Hassan al-Askari) son Muhammad ibn al-Hasan, who the Rawafidh call the Qaim al-Khalaf al-Hujja, he was born in the year 258. Some say 255"

Source:

-Tarikh Al-Islam Vol. 19, p. 113

Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, in his Lisan al-Meezan (Vol. 2, p. 119,no 493) in the section on Ja'far al-Kadhdhab):

... أخو الحسن الذي يقال له العسكري، وهو الحادي عشر من الأئمة الإمامية ووالد محمد صاحب السرداب...

He (Ja'far al-Kadhdhab) is the brother of Hasan, called al-Askari, the eleventh Imam of the Imamiyyah and father of Muhammad ...

Source:

-Lisan al-Meezan Vol. 2, p. 119,no 493 :dry:

• Advanced Member

For those who believe that the reality of the Imam (as) of our time is reliant on our five senses perceiving him (as) then ponder over the following Holy Quranic verses.

We created man and We know what his own self whispers to him. We are nearer to him than his jugular vein. AND THE TWO RECORDING ANGELS ARE RECORDING, SITTING ON THE RIGHT AND ON THE LEFT. HE DOES NOT UTTER A SINGLE WORD, WITHOUT A WATCHER BY HIM, PEN IN HAND! (Surah Qaf, 16-18)

STANDING OVER YOU ARE GUARDIANS, NOBLE, RECORDING, WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DO. (Surat al-Infitar, 10-12)

EVERYONE HAS A SUCCESSION OF ANGELS IN FRONT OF HIM AND BEHIND HIM, GUARDING HIM BY Allah'S COMMAND. Allah never changes a people's state until they change what is in themselves. When Allah desires evil for a people, there is no averting it. They have no protector apart from Him. (Surat ar-Ra'd, 11) [upper cases are put in by the author].

Can any Sunni show me these Angels?? Can any Sunni capture a picture of these angels? Can any Sunni ask these angels to speak to me to confirm their existence? Can they be smelt of felt as if they were a scent or a breeze? The answer is a resounding NO!!!! Infact if you were to talk about believing in such angels to an atheist psychologist there is a very good probability that you would be immediately prescribed a strong dose of anti-psychotic drugs or thrown into a lunatic asylum or both. However, as Muslims we readily believe in such angels because we believe in things that are immaterial e.g. angels, Satan (lanat Allah) and Allah (the most High). So why are Sunni's eager to believe that an "invisible" immaterial angel can stand guard over us yet they are simultaneously unwilling to believe that an Imam who is not perceivable at all time by the five senses cannot also assist and guard the Umma?? To me in seems as if the Sunni's are dangerously veering toward a materialist conception of the world which denies the existence of Imam Mahdi (as) primarily on the basis of him (as) being directly unperceivable by sight, hearing, smell, touch, taste. IF this is the case than they should immediately reject the possibility of guardian angels, however, this would amount to Kufr so I doubt it will be done on their behalf. However, I think it is useful for Sunni's to evaluate the existence of Imam Mahdi (as) with a paradigm that is not bounded by materialism.

• Veteran Member

Salam Alaikom brother

Thank you for your interest on the topic of Imam zaman.

I am surprised at the manners and akhlaq of our shia members in this forum who have answered in a harsh way and I would like to apologize on their behalf .

To answer your questions, Imam Mahdi is 1177 years old . You may wonder how can a human being live that long , then we have the witness in the quran with Prophet Noah whom also lived long , by the will and the power of Allah .

No one knows exactly where the Imam is ,What we know is that he lives among us , he is not hidden but only his identity is hidden . It's kept secret. The reason of his absence from the world provide the shia's a big duty and responsibility which is the responsibility of the soul..to be able to work on our soul , to be able to prepare for the mahdi's arrival and to ponder over the manifestation of justice .. It's a big challenge for the shia's (and for the whole world) . Also, the fact that Imam Mahdi is absent gives the opportunity for the scholars to exchange various ideas, to ponder deeply , to argue and to create conclusions .. in other words, it gives us the opportunity to use our mind,the most powerful tool that Allah has created in order to differentiate between falsehood and truth without having to depend on someone (the Imam of our time).

As the brother mentioned in post #2, there is a link where the Ulema (the one's who sacrificed their life for the Imam) met the imam.. the reason why they have their stories published is for a witness, for a proof that the Imam DOES exist and DOES enter in contact with others. http://www.islam-law...e-Mufeed+(r.a.)

May the peace and blessings be with you . If you have any other questions concerning the Imam, please do not hesitate to PM me.

with dua's

Edited by -Enlightened

• Forum Administrators

There are some stories and folklore of people that have met the Mahdi (as) during his occultation, including scholars of the past and present, though such stories appear in ambiguous sources. They may be true, and they may not be. One sahih hadith alludes to the reality that the Hidden Imam's location is known by his special supporters, but interpretations have differed regarding who these people are. During the major occultation, there is no one that specifically represents the Mahdi, and no one can publicly make the claim that he has seen or heard the Mahdi. His indirect representatives today are the books and the scholars.

During the minor occultation, the Mahdi had specific representatives who would meet with him, send and receive his letters, collect and distribute his money, and answer questions on his behalf. There are 4 safirs (ambassadors); and the first was `Uthman al-`Amri (ra) - a trusted companion of the 10th and 11th Imams.

I heard Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام say: The Qa’im has two occultations(
ghaybataan
): the first will be short, and the second will be long. In the first occultation, no one will know his whereabouts except his devoted Shi`a, and in the other [occultation] no one will know his whereabouts except for his special supporters (
khasat mawali
). (
al-Kafi
)

(sahih) (صحيح)

He said: I was with Ahmad b. Is`haq with al-`Amri رضي الله عنه, and I said to al-`Amri: I will ask you regarding a matter like Allah said in the story of Ibrahim, “[Allah said] ’Then do you not believe?’, and he said, ‘Yea, but [let me see it] so that my heart may be at ease’” (2:260) – so then, have you seen my Patron? He said: Yes, and he has a neck like this. And with both of his hands he pointed to his neck. He said: So I said: And what is his name? He said: Beware of investigating into this for surely, near the people, it is [understood] that this progeny has been severed. (Kamal ad-Deen)

(sahih) (صحيح)

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/qiyam-al-qaim/the-occultation-of-the-imam

• Advanced Member

Which scholars are claiming contact with Imam Mahdi. I think it was already pointed out that no current Shia Scholar claims to have met Imam Mahdi (as). Please read the posts and dont just post conjecture

I was not refferring to current scholars here. Please see below.

There are some stories and folklore of people that have met the Mahdi (as) during his occultation, including scholars of the past and present, though such stories appear in ambiguous sources. They may be true, and they may not be. One sahih hadith alludes to the reality that the Hidden Imam's location is known by his special supporters, but interpretations have differed regarding who these people are. During the major occultation, there is no one that specifically represents the Mahdi, and no one can publicly make the claim that he has seen or heard the Mahdi. His indirect representatives today are the books and the scholars.

During the minor occultation, the Mahdi had specific representatives who would meet with him, send and receive his letters, collect and distribute his money, and answer questions on his behalf. There are 4 safirs (ambassadors); and the first was `Uthman al-`Amri (ra) - a trusted companion of the 10th and 11th Imams.

I heard Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام say: The Qa’im has two occultations(
ghaybataan
): the first will be short, and the second will be long. In the first occultation, no one will know his whereabouts except his devoted Shi`a, and in the other [occultation] no one will know his whereabouts except for his special supporters (
khasat mawali
). (
al-Kafi
)

(sahih) (صحيح)

He said: I was with Ahmad b. Is`haq with al-`Amri رضي الله عنه, and I said to al-`Amri: I will ask you regarding a matter like Allah said in the story of Ibrahim, “[Allah said] ’Then do you not believe?’, and he said, ‘Yea, but [let me see it] so that my heart may be at ease’” (2:260) – so then, have you seen my Patron? He said: Yes, and he has a neck like this. And with both of his hands he pointed to his neck. He said: So I said: And what is his name? He said: Beware of investigating into this for surely, near the people, it is [understood] that this progeny has been severed. (Kamal ad-Deen)

(sahih) (صحيح)

http://www.tashayyu....ion-of-the-imam

Salam Alaikom brother

Thank you for your interest on the topic of Imam zaman.

I am surprised at the manners and akhlaq of our shia members in this forum who have answered in a harsh way and I would like to apologize on their behalf .

To answer your questions, Imam Mahdi is 1177 years old . You may wonder how can a human being live that long , then we have the witness in the quran with Prophet Noah whom also lived long , by the will and the power of Allah .

No one knows exactly where the Imam is ,What we know is that he lives among us , he is not hidden but only his identity is hidden . It's kept secret. The reason of his absence from the world provide the shia's a big duty and responsibility which is the responsibility of the soul..to be able to work on our soul , to be able to prepare for the mahdi's arrival and to ponder over the manifestation of justice .. It's a big challenge for the shia's (and for the whole world) . Also, the fact that Imam Mahdi is absent gives the opportunity for the scholars to exchange various ideas, to ponder deeply , to argue and to create conclusions .. in other words, it gives us the opportunity to use our mind,the most powerful tool that Allah has created in order to differentiate between falsehood and truth without having to depend on someone (the Imam of our time).

As the brother mentioned in post #2, there is a link where the Ulema (the one's who sacrificed their life for the Imam) met the imam.. the reason why they have their stories published is for a witness, for a proof that the Imam DOES exist and DOES enter in contact with others. http://www.islam-law...e-Mufeed+(r.a.)

May the peace and blessings be with you . If you have any other questions concerning the Imam, please do not hesitate to PM me.

with dua's

Edited by Ibrahim786

• Advanced Member

Still, my objections stand. You claim that the Prophet (pbuh) has been SENT AS A GUIDE TO YOU and all others. My argument does not concern the Sahaabah. Allaah NEVER sent them to me or anyone. So, by your logic (which you are using in the Imaam al-Mahdee case), the Prophet (pbuh) must be physically present to be able to guide you. Since he is not, then he is failing in his mission, by your logic!

The people who saw, lived, accomponied,friends,married,related to the prophet pbuh do play a major part in our religion as they narrated what the prophet pbuh did and the incidents that occured. Now back to the main theme - I think you are using logic to beat it into me. Basically I dont believe that the prophet pbuh needs to be physically present to guide me - this is where we disagree. Islam was complete and the misson complete - read up on the finall farewell hajj speech for example. Islam is complete now and cannot be changed or abrogated !!!! The prophet pbuh is physically dead, he does not "guide" anyone today - this is just common sense. But he pbuh life is a life to follow to the best of our abilities !!!!

If you say the Prophet, your current guide, is guiding you only through Saheeh al-Bukhaaree, then your question about Imaam al-Qaaim (as) makes no sense. We have the teachings of our Imaam (as) all over our books as well, and we follow them. THE HADEETHS OF EACH OF OUR IMAAM ARE THOSE OF ALL OF THEM. THEY ALL TEACH AND SAY THE SAME THINGS. The teachings of Imaam al-Qaaim (as) can be found in our books, and in the authentic hadeeths of his fathers (as).

Does that make sense to you?

Not only though saheeh bukhari - you are limiting the teaching of the prophet pbuh. You say bukhari only because thats all you know and you have an obsession with quoting sahih hadiths "to prove your point". I am no scholar and I dont know how one becomes a scholar but I do know that sunni becomes a scholar between 6-8 years and they read many many books in classical arabic

okay, which book has the teachings of the mam mahdi?

• Advanced Member
The people who saw, lived, accomponied,friends,married,related to the prophet pbuh do play a major part in our religion as they narrated what the prophet pbuh did and the incidents that occured.

Your hadeeths were recorded generations, even centuries, after the incidents. There are long chains of narrations. Therefore, except for what is mutawaatir, you cannot really guarantee anything about your hadeeths. They could be lies attributed to the Messenger (pbuh).

Now back to the main theme - I think you are using logic to beat it into me. Basically I dont believe that the prophet pbuh needs to be physically present to guide me - this is where we disagree.

I don't see how we disagree if that's really your belief.

Islam was complete and the misson complete - read up on the finall farewell hajj speech for example. Islam is complete now and cannot be changed or abrogated !!!!

This is our belief too. So, why mention it at all? You think our Imaams (as) change the Sharee'ah or what? The Imaams (as) only transmit the original teachings of the Prophet (pbuh) without any addition, omission or alteration.

It is in fact in your creed that you allows Aboo Bakr (in the case of khums), 'Umar (taraaweeh, 3-in-1 divorce, abolition of mut'a, etc), 'Uthmaan (third azaan on Friday, etc), Mu'aawiyah, etc including 'Eesaa (as) [abolition of Jizaya] to change the Sharee'ah. So, your claim about your sect is based on ignorance, or dishonesty.

The prophet pbuh is physically dead, he does not "guide" anyone today - this is just common sense.

In other words, by your logic (which you are using in the Imam Mahdi case), a dead man has been sent to guide you???? How logical?

okay, which book has the teachings of the mam mahdi?

See our hadeeth books, and this http://www.wilayat.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9%3Ahadiths-from-imam-mahdi-as&catid=74%3A04-Imam-Mahdi-%28as%29&Itemid=172

Edited by Al-MuHammadee

• Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

There are many Sunni ulema who wrote about the birth of the 12th Imam AJ. See the section called The Sunni 'Ulama' and the Birth of the Mahdi in Chapter 5 here: http://www.al-islam....i/nontl/Toc.htm

For a historical review of the occultation, see The Occultation of the Twelfth Imam (A Historical Background). http://www.al-islam....ltation_12imam/

• Advanced Member

Your hadeeths were recorded generations, even centuries, after the incidents. There are long chains of narrations. Therefore, except for what is mutawaatir, you cannot really guarantee anything about your hadeeths. They could be lies attributed to the Messenger (pbuh).

I don't see how we disagree if that's really your belief.

This is our belief too. So, why mention it at all? You think our Imaams (as) change the Sharee'ah or what? The Imaams (as) only transmit the original teachings of the Prophet (pbuh) without any addition, omission or alteration.

It is in fact in your creed that you allows Aboo Bakr (in the case of khums), 'Umar (taraaweeh, 3-in-1 divorce, abolition of mut'a, etc), 'Uthmaan (third azaan on Friday, etc), Mu'aawiyah, etc including 'Eesaa (as) [abolition of Jizaya] to change the Sharee'ah. So, your claim about your sect is based on ignorance, or dishonesty.

In other words, by your logic (which you are using in the Imam Mahdi case), a dead man has been sent to guide you???? How logical?

See our hadeeth books, and this http://www.wilayat.n...s%29&Itemid=172

Sorry......how can there be hadiths of imam mahdi considering the hadith below

There will come to my devotees those who will claim seeing (me). Verily, whosoever claims the seeing before the rising of al-Sofiany and the Cry, is a liar and a forger; and there is no power except with Almighty Allah. (al Ehtejaj Ch.2, P.478)

• Advanced Member
Sorry......how can there be hadiths of imam mahdi considering the hadith below

You missed the point because of your complete ignorance about the ghaybah of the Imaam (as). He said all that and more during the minor ghaybah, and he was referring to the period of the major ghaybah.

I believe you need to read this book to know better about our Imaam (as). And, it contains only authentic narrations from our books (and a few from the Sunnis).

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

There are many Sunni ulema who wrote about the birth of the 12th Imam AJ. See the section called The Sunni 'Ulama' and the Birth of the Mahdi in Chapter 5 here: http://www.al-islam....i/nontl/Toc.htm

For a historical review of the occultation, see The Occultation of the Twelfth Imam (A Historical Background). http://www.al-islam....ltation_12imam/

I noticed that it referenced ibn Hajar. He refuted shias extensively, and that book (al sawa'iq), actually tried refute claims of the shia. I'm willing to bet the material listed in the site is not is actual beliefs but his explanation of shia beliefs. I'm also willing to bet that's the case for most of those scholars if not all.