Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Faatima_ki_kaneez

Taking Off Hijab

Rate this topic

As a guy I can't really understand what it's like wearing a hijab over here. So I'm not going to tell you that you need to keep it on, but I think you already know the value of keeping your modesty.

I will offer some suggestions though. If you live in a city with a big college, they often hire folks to work in the food services of their school. Or there could be a research lab on campus that needs someone to wash beakers and glass and stuff. You could be a baby sitter/nanny. You could teach CPR/First Aid classes (after you get certified to teach yourself). You could try every fast food place within reasonable driving distance to you. Or if you're good at cleaning, offer maid services.

Some of these jobs aren't glamorous or ideal, but money is money, and none would require you to give up anything you may hold important.

Salam, I know what it is like to be forced not to wear hijab, and trust me it is awful, you feel like you have gone out naked... it is so embarrassing and degrading and if I had of had any real choice, then I would have kep it on. I know this thread is a little old, but I would like to concur what many others said, and say keep strong and respresent hijab in the west in a strong and brilliant way inshallah! Salams and duas inshallah

Assalamou Alaykum,

I am also in a similar situation in that I am looking for a job, and have been for the last 2 years. I just completed my A Levels a few months ago and hadn't had much luck with the jobs. I'm now taking a Gap Year (due to long and complicated circumstances..) and been applying for even more jobs. I've had a few interviews here and there but no luck.. But when I've looked back I see the positives of why I didn't get it.

I began baking since last summer and everyone is urging me to start my own business. People say I'm good at what I do and I should pursue it!

As a student, in your situation, the best shot at a job would be working as a Tutor. You can do this in two ways; through an agency or private. This would be a great way of boosting your confidence and social skills until you get a better job without having to compromise your Hijab.

Insha'Allah both of us find what's best for us. I will remember you in my Duas and would appreciate if you could do the same :)