Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Pakistan

Rate this topic

As-Salaamu Alaykum,

I have some questions about Pakistan.

NOTE: this is serious. I am not being sarcastic or rude (on purpose). I actually want to know the answers. I will try to keep the nationalistic garbage to a minimum, but you all know where I stand :P

1) What the heck is a Pakistan?

2) What the heck is an Urdu?

3) Why was Hindi/Hindustani renamed to Urdu?

4) Why did you feel the need to kick all of the Punjab's out of their homeland so you could have it (in general, not for indivudal people obviously)? Isn't this basically just Islamic Zionism, except that you really didn't even have any connections to there like the Jews did to Palestine? I may be wrong on this.

I might have more later :wub:

I guess i will help you out:

1) Pakistan is a beautiful country that Indian is jealous of.

2) Urdu is the official language of Pakistan. Really beautiful language and 100 times better then hindi (no seriously they should not be even mentioned in the same line)

3) India has inferiority complex so they decided to copy Pakistan and change their language to Urdu but they fail. The event was called Great Depression.

4) I am not sure what you mean by this. Punjab is part of Pakistan and India. Punjabis wanted to be part of Pakistan, but India has complex so they kept half of it to themselves and torture poor Punjabi's making them clean their houses and stuff.

Feel free to ask more question i will answer them all. :)

• Veteran Member

On the lighter side :

A Pakistan is a country that exhibits varying and often conflicting behavior. At one moment its economy is booming, with growth across the board, while another moment its begging the IMF to bail her out and avert a crisis. It will be friends with countries its own population resents, but will hate countries its own population wants to be friends with. She is portrayed badly in global media even if the situation is not always as bad. It will suffice to say she is the sickly child from a broken family who the world fails to understand.

An urdu is a beautiful language with a rich history and a huge and beautiful collection of prose and poetry. Many people who use it in daily life fail to understand its intricacies and attempt to mix it with other languages, often with comical results. It is usually spoken in countries like Pakistan.

Because all other names had already been taken.

4) Why did you feel the need to kick all of the Punjab's out of their homeland so you could have it (in general, not for indivudal people obviously)? Isn't this basically just Islamic Zionism, except that you really didn't even have any connections to there like the Jews did to Palestine? I may be wrong on this.

Nobody kicked the Punjabis out, probably because they themselves were very good at kicking butts. During Partition Punjab was

divided, the part with a Muslim majority went to Pakistan while the other went to India( The evil :shaytan: neighbour).

A Pakistan is

An urdu is

Because all other names had already been taken.

During Partition Punjab was divided, the part with a Muslim majority went to Pakistan while the other went to India( The evil :shaytan: neighbour).

Thank you so much for giving me actual answers! :D (I shortened your post simply so the quote doesn't take up everything in my post)

I think you misunderstood what I meant by the first two questions. I know what Pakistan and Urdu is, but I what do the words mean. What does "Pakistan" mean and what does "Urdu" mean?

Other names were taken? I live in the United States, and we speak ENGLISH. We do not speak "American". See? We didn't change the name of a beautiful language to differentiate ourselves. We simply kept the language of our "parent" country. Hindi and Urdu are the same thing (Hindustani)

How is that fair to Punjabis? And there was no "Muslim majority". It was all Sikh majority.

Maybe I am missing something, but it seems MOST people aren't willing to point out the facts to an ignorant brother. They simply feel the need to insult him. (Gosh you all sound like SUNNIS :P ) Thank you Brained for decent answers :)

Pakistan means "Land of Pure"

Urdu i have no clue what it means and it is NOT hindi. There is so much difference that you will be surprised. First, both are written differently. Urdu is written with arabic alphabets. Hindi is written in sanskrit (introduced by Sauron). The two sound so different (i am talking about the real urdu, not the street urdu/hindi used by people in a conversation). Urdu sounds "sweet", hindi sounds like someone is getting whipped (not pleasing).

You can look at wikipedia on history of urdu as its driven from persian/turkish etc.

Pakistan means "Land of Pure"

Urdu i have no clue what it means and it is NOT hindi. There is so much difference that you will be surprised. First, both are written differently. Urdu is written with arabic alphabets. Hindi is written in sanskrit (introduced by Sauron). The two sound so different (i am talking about the real urdu, not the street urdu/hindi used by people in a conversation). Urdu sounds "sweet", hindi sounds like someone is getting whipped (not pleasing).

You can look at wikipedia on history of urdu as its driven from persian/turkish etc.

Thanks for telling me what Pakistan means.

The alphabet is the ONLY difference. They are mutually comprehensible. That's like saying there's a difference between English and American. Same langauge. Hindi is a very beautiful language; it doesn't matter WHERE you speak it. THAT is the only difference. Location. Language is the same.

I guess he forgot what happened that day in chat...

This thread is officially hijacked by Tonsvi

I remember perfectly well, hence the

I will try to keep the nationalistic garbage to a minimum, but you all know where I stand :P

I am looking for REAL answers. Not the smart ass insults that most people have been giving me. I was hoping that if this was in public, the truth might actually be discussed, but apparently not.

How could I forget? I still have 13 days left. I am DYING.

Edited by Zulfiqar-e-Ali
  • Advanced Member

Real answers? LOL nothing is wrong with asking these questions and wanting real answers. But asking them in a rude and ignorant tone will not get you anywhere. Your tone comes across as a racist kid wanting to mock a whole population. If you truly want answers, ask like an adult rather than making a joke out of the country, then I'm sure we'll be happy to answer your questions.

Real answers? LOL nothing is wrong with asking these questions and wanting real answers. But asking them in a rude and ignorant tone will not get you anywhere. Your tone comes across as a racist kid wanting to mock a whole population. If you truly want answers, ask like an adult rather than making a joke out of the country, then I'm sure we'll be happy to answer your questions.

NOTE: this is serious. I am not being sarcastic or rude (on purpose). I actually want to know the answers. I will try to keep the nationalistic garbage to a minimum, but you all know where I stand :P

I'm so glad you can gauge people's tone of voice in text-based communication. Maybe they should create some sort of punctuation mark to use whenever you're not being completely serious so that people do not completely misinterpret you.

So far, I am not impressed with the answers. This reminds me of close-minded Sunnis when you provide them proof of Imamate. They call you names, curse you, etc and give absolutely no argument for their side of the story.

Edited by Zulfiqar-e-Ali
  • Advanced Member

The way you spoke that day in chat gives me a different idea of your views. Forget it.

Your other questions were answered. Hindustani/Hindi is more Sanskrit based, obviously Muslims are not going to be familiar with Sanskrit. Urdu has Arabic and Farsi influence.. Common lingo and grammar may be similar but look into the pure thet languages and vocabulary is incredibly different. Don't see where you are trying to get here. Even Indian Muslims and Hindus would agree Urdu is a more soft language, hence Bollywood songs, Indian ghazals etc are predominantly Urdu in place of Hindi.

Hindus/Sikhs were equally kicked out by mobs in Muslim Pakistan as Muslims were in Hindu India in 1947 and the following years. All people had the choice of either staying in their lands or moving to the country of their desire. You said they were uprooted by us in chat, you are terribly wrong. Punjab was poorly divided by the British, favoritism played a role which cost thousands of lives.

Edited by AkbarHassan

The way you spoke that day in chat gives me a different idea of your views. Forget it.

It's interesting that you don't believe in the concept of forgiveness, yet you claim to be a Muslim. The only person I spoke ill of was _JuGNii, and I apologized. If you don't believe me, I can prove it with screen shots. How on earth do you expect Allah (swt) to forgive you of what you do wrong, if you can't forgive another Muslim for one incident? Anyway . . .

Your other questions were answered. Hindustani/Hindi is more Sanskrit based, obviously Muslims are not going to be familiar with Sanskrit. Urdu has Arabic and Farsi influence.. Common lingo and grammar may be similar but look into the pure thet languages and vocabulary is incredibly different. Don't see where you are trying to get here. Even Indian Muslims and Hindus would agree Urdu is a more soft language, hence Bollywood songs, Indian ghazals etc are predominantly Urdu in place of Hindi.

Why are Muslims "obviously not going to be familiar with Sanskrit"? Are you insinuating that Islam is a race and not a religion. By that logic, you should not be familiar with English, as it's not Arabic or Arabic based. Secondly, Hindustani is an umbrella term that refers to both Hindi and Urdu. Hindu and Urdu are both registers of Hindustani. One is regulated by the Central Hindi Directorate (India) and the other is regulated by the National Language Authority (Pakistan). Thirdly, Hindustani has influences from Persian (Farsi), Arabic, Sanskrit, and Turkic. Hindi is not exclusively influenced by Sanskrit and Urdu is not exclusively influenced by Arabic. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, "Before the Partition of British India, the terms Hindustani, Urdu, and Hindi were synonymous; all covered what would be called Urdu and Hindi today." Also accepted is that "Due to religious nationalism and communal tensions, speakers of both Hindi and Urdu frequently assert that they are distinct languages, despite the fact that native speakers generally cannot tell the colloquial languages apart." The only difference between Hindi and Urdu is vocabulary, which is nearly the same anyway. There's only so much change that can happen in 50 years. It's the same with English. For example, in English, several terms that are confused are diapers/nappies, fall/autumn, cookie/biscuit. apartment/flat, etc. Yet Americans do not feel the need to change the name of the language they speak. Americans speak English. Brits speak English. It's the same thing. Sure, Hindi may be slightly more influenced by Sanskrit (which is almost a dead language, by the way) than Urdu because Hindi/Urdu, Punjabi, Bengali, etc are all descendants of Sanskrit, so mixing may be more common. Urdu may be more influenced by Arabic because the majority of Pakistan's population is Muslim and many Muslims speak Arabic, or at the very least use it in prayer.

Hindus/Sikhs were equally kicked out by mobs in Muslim Pakistan as Muslims were in Hindu India in 1947 and the following years. All people had the choice of either staying in their lands or moving to the country of their desire. You said they were uprooted by us in chat, you are terribly wrong. Punjab was poorly divided by the British, favoritism played a role which cost thousands of lives.

That's very contradictory. Sikhs and Hindus were kicked out of Pakistan and Muslims were kicked out of India, yet both had the choose of which country to live in? Let me ask you a question. You are a Muslim. Pretend that all Muslims are Shia, and Saudi is the great Islamic country. Now imagine that Hindus invaded, divided up the holy land, killed/tortured/raped/displaced Muslims, and then took half of the land. Would this be acceptable to you? It does not matter your religion, it is an atrocity anyway. Now imagine how the Sikhs feel. Punjab was their land. Do you realize how inconvenient it was for Pakistan to pop up? Muslims don't even have a claim to India. India is a melting pot of many religions, and no one religion has an entire claim to it. It's kind of interesting that Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, etc all live in harmony in one country, but Muslims had to divide it and create their own country. Again, this is just from my understanding of it. I am asking you to prove me wrong, but it seems you cannot do that. Teach me the history and why it was so important for the Muslims to take Indian land for their own country.

One more question that I did not ask in my OP: I understand why Sunnis support Pakistan so much, but why do Shias? Shias are killed daily in Pakistan simply for loving Ahlul Bayt. What comes first, your religion or your country?

Edited by Zulfiqar-e-Ali
  • Advanced Member

It's interesting that you don't believe in the concept of forgiveness, yet you claim to be a Muslim. The only person I spoke ill of was _JuGNii, and I apologized. If you don't believe me, I can prove it with screen shots. How on earth do you expect Allah (swt) to forgive you of what you do wrong, if you can't forgive another Muslim for one incident? Anyway . . .

I never saw any apology considering you were kicked within seconds. I believe you though. Don't need to freak out.

Why are Muslims "obviously not going to be familiar with Sanskrit"? Are you insinuating that Islam is a race and not a religion. By that logic, you should not be familiar with English, as it's not Arabic or Arabic based. Secondly, Hindustani is an umbrella term that refers to both Hindi and Urdu. Hindu and Urdu are both registers of Hindustani. One is regulated by the Central Hindi Directorate (India) and the other is regulated by the National Language Authority (Pakistan). Thirdly, Hindustani has influences from Persian (Farsi), Arabic, Sanskrit, and Turkic. Hindi is not exclusively influenced by Sanskrit and Urdu is not exclusively influenced by Arabic. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, "Before the Partition of British India, the terms Hindustani, Urdu, and Hindi were synonymous; all covered what would be called Urdu and Hindi today." Also accepted is that "Due to religious nationalism and communal tensions, speakers of both Hindi and Urdu frequently assert that they are distinct languages, despite the fact that native speakers generally cannot tell the colloquial languages apart." The only difference between Hindi and Urdu is vocabulary, which is nearly the same anyway. There's only so much change that can happen in 50 years. It's the same with English. For example, in English, several terms that are confused are diapers/nappies, fall/autumn, cookie/biscuit. apartment/flat, etc. Yet Americans do not feel the need to change the name of the language they speak. Americans speak English. Brits speak English. It's the same thing. Sure, Hindi may be slightly more influenced by Sanskrit (which is almost a dead language, by the way) than Urdu because Hindi/Urdu, Punjabi, Bengali, etc are all descendants of Sanskrit, so mixing may be more common. Urdu may be more influenced by Arabic because the majority of Pakistan's population is Muslim and many Muslims speak Arabic, or at the very least use it in prayer.

Uhh the same way Muslims would not be familiar with Yiddish and the same way Hindus would not be familiar with Arabic. My point was that Urdu is more influenced by this and Hindi by that. I'm not saying they are completely different languages. But there are differences and that is undeniable. Both Indians and Pakistanis acknowledge the fact. I don't see why any of this bothers you.

That's very contradictory. Sikhs and Hindus were kicked out of Pakistan and Muslims were kicked out of India, yet both had the choose of which country to live in? Let me ask you a question. You are a Muslim. Pretend that all Muslims are Shia, and Saudi is the great Islamic country. Now imagine that Hindus invaded, divided up the holy land, killed/tortured/raped/displaced Muslims, and then took half of the land. Would this be acceptable to you? It does not matter your religion, it is an atrocity anyway. Now imagine how the Sikhs feel. Punjab was their land. Do you realize how inconvenient it was for Pakistan to pop up? Muslims don't even have a claim to India. India is a melting pot of many religions, and no one religion has an entire claim to it. It's kind of interesting that Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, etc all live in harmony in one country, but Muslims had to divide it and create their own country. Again, this is just from my understanding of it. I am asking you to prove me wrong, but it seems you cannot do that. Teach me the history and why it was so important for the Muslims to take Indian land for their own country.

Err it's not contradictory. I said they HAD the choice but mobs went crazy, started rioting & began to kill. I said what I had to say. You should consult others about this matter or start a thread in the South Asian forum where more knowledgeable people can answer your questions. The concept of Pakistan is difficult to understand.

One more question that I did not ask in my OP: I understand why Sunnis support Pakistan so much, but why do Shias? Shias are killed daily in Pakistan simply for loving Ahlul Bayt. What comes first, your religion or your country?

Shias are killed by terrorist groups funded by Najdi Saudis.. They dont change our love for Pakistan. Obviously religion comes first, but the people are not murdering us. SSP, LeJ etc. are.

I never saw any apology considering you were kicked within seconds. I believe you though. Don't need to freak out.

kk6iO.png

I blacked out part of it, and I will not be showing the rest of the conversation out of respect for the privacy of the other individual. If she chooses to reveal the rest, it's her choice.

Uhh the same way Muslims would not be familiar with Yiddish and the same way Hindus would not be familiar with Arabic. My point was that Urdu is more influenced by this and Hindi by that. I'm not saying they are completely different languages. But there are differences and that is undeniable. Both Indians and Pakistanis acknowledge the fact. I don't see why any of this bothers you.

I do not deny that, just as yous should not deny that there are differences between American English and British English. I just want to know why Pakistani's demand that they register they speak be distinguished from others.

Err it's not contradictory. I said they HAD the choice but mobs went crazy, started rioting & began to kill. I said what I had to say. You should consult others about this matter or start a thread in the South Asian forum where more knowledgeable people can answer your questions. The concept of Pakistan is difficult to understand.

I don't think I will be making more topics about this issue. Thank you for the suggestion, though. You, Brained, and awaiting_for_the.12th are the only people that actually attempted to answer my questions and I do not wish to argue with people that are unwilling to keep garbage out of it (the rest of the posters in this thread)

Shias are killed by terrorist groups funded by Najdi Saudis.. They dont change our love for Pakistan. Obviously religion comes first, but the people are not murdering us. SSP, LeJ etc. are.

Thanks for explaining that. I was under the impression that the murders of Shias were sanctioned by the Pakistani government and the ISI.

• Advanced Member

1) Pakistan is a country based on geographical locations, which were never ever under control of India before British (don't be panic google it).

2) Urdu is a Language which is considered a rich and most spreading language in whole subcontinent (Bollywood movies are in Urdu not in Hindi/ common Indian speaks in Urdu not in Hindi they just write Hindi alphabetic you never hear words like 'arambh, sena pati, vibhol, shala, balikay etc')

3) HIndi/Hindustani was not replaced but, Hindi lost her words (which were taken from sanskrit), common man was unable to understand Hindi (just watch 'Mahabharta on youtube no common indian will able to tell you exact meaning of many words!!') because she was bound in sanskrit script. W ether Urdu was mixture of Hindi/Persian/English and still it accept new words. In today's world only those languages survive which accept new words other wise they lost like Hebrew or exist in Vedas or Holy books in alphabetical order (except few people no one is able to read it).

4) We didn't attack on golden temple or etc Punjabi are stack holders in Pakistan. Are you not watching tv or not reading newspapers?!!

Edited by Babruk Aijaz
  • Advanced Member

In response to being sanctioned by the Pakistani govt.. I guess you could say we are patriotic but not of our government. Nobody loves the government lol. Previous governments becoming involved with the Mujahideen and later the Taliban were two of the worst decisions made which continue to reap the citizens of Pakistan today.

The current government is failing to eradicate the problem. It depresses us, but has nothing to do with patriotism. Governments and their moves don't exactly define patriotism.

• Basic Members

As-Salaamu Alaykum,

I have some questions about Pakistan.

I might have more later :wub:

1-Pakistan is a word meaning land of the Pure. It is a country built out of struggles of muslims and hindus with the british drawing the lines between muslim majority and hindu majority areas. Which they majorly messed up and gave a lot of muslim majority areas to India. Muslims and Hindus had decided that they could not co-exist peacefully and wanted separate nations, so when the british left, they separated Hindustan into two countries, Pakistan and India (and Bangla Desh which came in later on).

2- The Word URDU means group. The language urdu is an ancient language developed during the times of the early mughals as a mix between different groups of languages. it is NOT the same as hindi. Hindi is not changed to urdu but has kept its distinctness through its writing and vocabulary. Urdu was a necessity inorder to facilitate social relations between different peoples that existed in the land during that time. With punjabis having their own language, gujratis their own, and sindhis and balochis, and arabs, and hindus, and bengals, and persians and so many other civilizations with their own distinct cultures and languages, Urdu was necessary to communicate between all thsoe different groups. The language Urdu came to be from a mix of all those languages and is rich in its own history and poetry and prose.

3- Already answered that in no.2 Hindi was not renamed. It is another distinct language which keeps its own heritage and culture. Urdu is separate from HIndi.

4-Pakistan is more than just Punjab. Punjab is actually a small part of pakistan, Balochistan is larger area wise, and SIndh has the most populated city, then the pakhtunwala province has its own distinct peoples and so do the norther gilgit-baltistan areas among many others. There is a part of Punjab in Pakistan and a part of Punjab in INdia. In reality, punjab was more densely populated by muslims so as a whole, it should have went to Pakistan, but the british decided to give a larger chunk of it to India. They did the same stuff with Hyderabad.

^^ Thank you for finally explaining Hindi and Urdu are DIFFERENT. One can easily differentiate between the two languages. You bring two people, one speak hindi and the other urdu, you can easily distinguish between the two. Can you say that Punjabi and Hindi are same? Even though alot of words are same.

Urdu is euphony

Hindi is cacophony

In response to being sanctioned by the Pakistani govt.. I guess you could say we are patriotic but not of our government. Nobody loves the government lol. Previous governments becoming involved with the Mujahideen and later the Taliban were two of the worst decisions made which continue to reap the citizens of Pakistan today.

The current government is failing to eradicate the problem. It depresses us, but has nothing to do with patriotism. Governments and their moves don't exactly define patriotism.

"Patriotism is a virtue of the dead" Thomas Jefferson

:P

The state Pakistan is in right now, it's simply better to burn it down completely and let it rise from its ashes... But that's just my opinion...

i couldve sworn i was the only one who thought this.

okay, im waiting for some of our neighbors to come and diss us out now... surprising they havent come yet.

Why do you hate Pakistan so much Z??? :mad:

Wouldn't you like to know...

Here's some reason why for starters:-

1. The possessive mentality of parents when it comes to their children, "sorry, no job, no house, and no car, then no marriage for you"

2. It's basically every man for himself in Pakistan. It seems everyone has been robbed of any sense of common courtesy.

3. SO.MUCH.CORRUPTION, not to mention bribery to get the job done faster and rob another person of his/her right to go, say, to an appointment for a doctor.

4. Every time something bad happens, people will gather around to simply "watch" everything, no one is interested in extending a hand to end, say, maybe a fistfight between two individuals (I once managed to stop one, and I recall being the ONLY person who stepped forward, and I had to eat two punches myself)

5. The mentality, values and culture being promoted by Pakistani dramas, you have no idea how deplorable they can get. Typical Pakistani drama story: Guy likes girl, girl likes guy, both get married, aunt and/or mother of guy plot to get them divorced, and marry him to cousin, which ends up happening after guy is fooled by the plotters, and executes divorce by saying "Talaaq" three times (ah gotta love Sunni methods of divorce).

Want me to fill up the pages?

Yeah, as you can tell, I'm a very negative person. Just to be clear though, I hate what Pakistan HAS BECOME, so there was a time when I had boundless love for it.

Difference between patriotism, nationalism and racism? :P

Well there is no difference, different names for the same thing. Pride, a mistake of the Devil (shaitan).

Well said. Loyalty should never be to anyone but Allah and His Divinely sanctioned Laws. I don't ever recall our Prophet (pbuh) or Imams (as) being "patriotic" to anyone.

• Advanced Member

Wouldn't you like to know...

Here's some reason why for starters:-

1. The possessive mentality of parents when it comes to their children, "sorry, no job, no house, and no car, then no marriage for you"

2. It's basically every man for himself in Pakistan. It seems everyone has been robbed of any sense of common courtesy.

3. SO.MUCH.CORRUPTION, not to mention bribery to get the job done faster and rob another person of his/her right to go, say, to an appointment for a doctor.

4. Every time something bad happens, people will gather around to simply "watch" everything, no one is interested in extending a hand to end, say, maybe a fistfight between two individuals (I once managed to stop one, and I recall being the ONLY person who stepped forward, and I had to eat two punches myself)

5. The mentality, values and culture being promoted by Pakistani dramas, you have no idea how deplorable they can get. Typical Pakistani drama story: Guy likes girl, girl likes guy, both get married, aunt and/or mother of guy plot to get them divorced, and marry him to cousin, which ends up happening after guy is fooled by the plotters, and executes divorce by saying "Talaaq" three times (ah gotta love Sunni methods of divorce).

Want me to fill up the pages?

Yeah, as you can tell, I'm a very negative person. Just to be clear though, I hate what Pakistan HAS BECOME, so there was a time when I had boundless love for it.

Yoooo!!!! What is it with all the negative vibes??? Well I clearly think that you mean the people of Pakistan and not the Land of Pakistan. What has Pakistan done to you? I agree with some of the things you said but not all. U really have anger management issues.

• Advanced Member

Urdu i have no clue what it means

Salam, urdu is a tukish word meaning "lashkari" simply "language of the army". Urdu and Hindi are too different. The alphabets are different. Urdu is too young, just about 300 years. Urdu was born by the interaction and intermingling of many languages like farsi, hindi, turk, punjabi etc as the mughal army comprised of these ethnicities. So urdu has words of many languages.

Wasalam

Yoooo!!!! What is it with all the negative vibes??? Well I clearly think that you mean the people of Pakistan and not the Land of Pakistan. What has Pakistan done to you? I agree with some of the things you said but not all. U really have anger management issues.

Read my post again... The answer is there you just need to look a little more closely...

• Advanced Member

Lemme clear it out dude.. (about the whole apology)

I told you this there and here too.. I mess around with EVERYONE .. joke around.. but I never cross the limit.. yes I cross the annoying limit but I don't go off swearing at people .. and that too such dirty language.. Hence I prefer to IGNORE the person so I avoid anything of this sort happening in future.. as they say "Keechar mein pathar phainkney se khud pe daagh lag sakta hai" So I prefer to avoid that person

As far as your apology is concerned.. I am no one to forgive.. I don't say sorry.. and I don't listen to anyone elses sorry.. Baaki no hard feelings.. im too lazy to hate people or keep a grudge against them.. so you Enjoy and so will I :D

PAKISTAN ZINDABAAD

• Veteran Member
By the way, why are Pakistanis so sensitive? Replicant's Nemesis is a Pakistani, who lives in Pakistan, and his observations of the country are called 'hate filled'. :wacko:

That's probably because of the hate that we see everyday being spewed about Pakistan in the international media, sometimes by pseudo-intellectuals who have never visited the region but find it appropriate to discuss the socio-political intricacies and religious issues plaguing the common "Paki". Though we do not deny these issues exist, but more often than not they are exaggerated to an almost hyperbolic dimension " Pak has nukes, we are all gonna die; Shias will be exterminated."

All aspects that point to the other side are either ignored or overlooked. Example : we have a committed and disciplined military, we've got loads of talent (Arfa Karim anyone), we producing more research articles than ever before, we still have a functioning government and most importantly WE ARE NOT DEAD. We recognise our problems and believe it or not, we think we'll handle them and still come out as a country.