Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ילדת מלך

Favourite Accessories--

Rate this topic

Sisters--

What are the favourite accessories of you girls ?

For me, I like and own a huge assortment of hair accessories like jewelled pins, chignon sticks and long strings of pearl and zirconium to hold and tie an updo or a single rose bud in hair.

I like earrings too, but forget to put them on or take them off once worn, :blush: .

what about you people ?

Edited by ילדת מלך

Ehhhh I hate accessorising! I always keep it simple - wear a watch, and a simple loose gold bracelet. Anything bangle-like is just, ugh. Anklets are nice too.

Cool

as I never wear jewellery other than occasional ear-studs , so yes, hair accessories are favourite option ,

Edited by ילדת מלך

I sent my favorite necklaces and rings- not my wedding ring! To my family in Iraq. But I do still have the jewelry I wore when I got married. I don't really wear anything extra then my wedding ring and a pinky ring because I have a baby and extra stuff gets in the way when I hold him or change his diapers.

I sent my favorite necklaces and rings- not my wedding ring! To my family in Iraq. But I do still have the jewelry I wore when I got married. I don't really wear anything extra then my wedding ring and a pinky ring because I have a baby and extra stuff gets in the way when I hold him or change his diapers.

I keep my mother's engagement and wedding rings with me :wub: all the time, but do not wear them---too sacred; I have strung them in a black thread and wear with my amulet,

Edited by ילדת מלך

I keep my mother's engagement and wedding rings with me :wub: all the time, but do not wear them---too sacred; I have strung them in a black thread and wear with my amulet,

That's so sweet!!! :) In my family we have an heir loom ring- really fancy and beautiful. Its given to the first born daughter. So my grandmother has it, then my mother, then me. My grandpa was given a baby ring when he was born, around the 1950's, and he gave it to my little Ahmad. :)

Hair accessories + 1 ring. I like necklace and sometimes use it. I also like earrings but I cant use them. Even the lightest ones irritate my ears.

I had the same problem and found that I can only tolerate pure gold or silver. Needless to say I have only a few pairs of earrings. LOL

My banana yellow cross body bag. It's awesome. When I saw it in the store, I imagined myself wearing it on the street, a bright pop of color in grey, ugly Seattle. I saw myself with it slung across my black abaya in Mecca and Iraq, an unexpected surprise. It kinda reminded me of Holden Caulfield, from Catcher in the Rye. Remember his red hunting hat? It was like a symbol of his distinction, his individuality. Everyone should have their own version of a red hunting hat!

I found the exact picture of it on google. It's a lot smaller in life than it is in the image. It's actually only slightly bigger than a wallet:

z220968816.jpg

Edited by Aqua

I've grown up with three boys... Lol I was never into girly things and to some extent, I still am not. I don't have much jewelry besides my two silver necklaces, one that says "ya hussain" and another one is Imam Ali's sword. I found out today that I might get a fayrouz ring :D (insha'Allah!)

You just reminded me that I haven't worn earrings in so long, my piercing may have closed up...

So yeah... Accessories just aren't my thing.

usually its my aqeeq ring, but i lose it every few weeks for about a month or so.

i tried wearing a charm bracelet for a while, but the sound it made was so annoying, so i never wore it again.

i dont wear much jewelry tbh.

Having read all these responses, I am feeling extremely mortified for turning out to be so superficial; anyhow I am what I am, so just to hide my embarrassment and indulge a bit I would try to post some images of my favourite accessories---If I am able to post,

one specimen of hair/ chignon sticks

post-92361-0-44994700-1341997138.jpg

post-92361-0-07255100-1341997300.jpg

Edited by ילדת מלך

And here are some more,

Let's see if I can get some of you hooked on to them or not--- :D

The hair combs are from vintage hairdresses.com.

They are almost similar to the ones I have inherited from my mother and grand mother---of course there are some differences like setting of particular jewels or intricacy of designs ( like the one with blue stones , I have one like this in peridot ) but still as those were in vogue during that period , so I do have an ample stock.....and yes I love them, :blush:

post-92361-0-65657700-1341998414.jpg

post-92361-0-93261800-1341998428.jpg

post-92361-0-41941500-1341998446.jpg

post-92361-0-94164300-1341998482.jpg

post-92361-0-28411800-1341998516.jpg

post-92361-0-16160300-1341998545.jpg

post-92361-0-99991400-1341998575.jpg

Edited by ילדת מלך

^^^

wow, spectacular--

I have jewels studded jewelry, none of it is mine actually, belonged to my mother and grandmother; it's so graceful and majestic,but I do not wear it.

I just wear the hair accessories which were in day to day use of my mother when she was alive. She was very fond of pearls and Sapphires, so the most jewelry she got from her mother is pearls and sapphire studded.

I ,too, like sapphires, some how I never liked rubies.

Edited by ילדת מלך