Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are Men Attracted To Intelligence?

Rate this topic

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

men like food

Not all men are, but knowledge and intelligence is one of the main things I'd look for in a woman.

Prepare to be flooded by a long line of men who all insist they love an intelligent woman until she happens to​ disagrees with them.

• Advanced Member

generally speaking, is that because men like urself would want an intelligent wife to raise intelligent children or because intelligence in and of itself is attractive?

Salaam alaykum,

Personally, I agree with Qa'im.

Also, both reasons you have mentioned, for me are correct. I'm not sure about others but I personally find intelligence in a woman attractive.

I prefer women who has ilm of Islam. Someone who will teach my children about islam, Quran, faqih etc. I am surrounded by probably most "educated" people but they are full of arrogance. Even here on SC, women who have knowledge of world have so much arrogance that i am repulsed by it. So i can never be with someone like that.

• Advanced Member

arrogance is never attractive and thats why i excluded it from the description of the one who is truly intelligent/wise. im intrigued by your onesided description of the women of SC and how your comment fails to encompass those intelligent but arrogant male members. also, dont forget that one can become arrogant with any knowledge even with knowledge of islam...thinking themselves to be better than others.

arrogance is never attractive and thats why i excluded it from the description of the one who is truly intelligent/wise. im intrigued by your onesided description of the women of SC and how your comment fails to encompass those intelligent but arrogant male members. also, dont forget that one can become arrogant with any knowledge even with knowledge of islam...thinking themselves to be better than others.

The question asked about men attracted to women, so i included women. Obviously, men generally are more arrogant but i didnt include that since the question asked was different

• Advanced Member

Propaganda: So if the intelligence of the said guy is 10x, girl ideally needs to be 9x (beyond bimbo in order to keep the gentleman entertained in conversation) but not more intelligent than him so that he can always outsmart her. pretty much what zahratul_islam said.

• Veteran Member

Men are attracted to beauty. Wisdom and intelligence are just aftershocks. :P

defo, looks attract at first sight.

Like if there was an averagey, nerdy, but super smart girl - I wouldn't exactly be attracted to her.

A girl who can match beauty and brains is a done deal for me though in terms of being attracted.

Propaganda: So if the intelligence of the said guy is 10x, girl ideally needs to be 9x (beyond bimbo in order to keep the gentleman entertained in conversation) but not more intelligent than him so that he can always outsmart her. pretty much what zahratul_islam said.

I guess, but such intangible things are a bit difficult to quantify, but as you said, it is an ideal.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed
  • Advanced Member

^i find that difficult to get my head around. assuming my friend/sibling/spouse or whatever was more intelligent and wiser than me, i would seek to take advantage of that by consulting them and even allowing myself to be "outsmarted" in an argument/debate for the sake of either learning or so that the better decision can be made. eg if i was arguing with my spouse about what car to buy, if he was more knowledgable about cars than me then that would be to my advantage as the outcome is that we would get a better car than if he were less knowlegable about cars than me.

• Veteran Member

if he was more knowledgable about cars than me then that would be to my advantage as the outcome is that we would get a better car than if he were less knowlegable about cars than me.

tumblr_lzrzdopIGd1qga26c.jpg

Well that's a given... what girl knows more than guys about cars?

There are just some things guys inherently know more about than girls, like football, war, cars, computers/internetz, gadgets and how to operate them, etc.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed
  • Advanced Member

alright lets fit this into ur gender stereotypes. assume my spouse knows more about barbie dolls and make up. any debate about which new doll to buy to add to our collection would result in a better outcome/decision if he knew more about dolls

Um they hardly exist, what you are left with are a bunch of aggressive females who feel like they have all the **** figured out. They tend to be idealogical and an idealogical female is the scariest thing since fried chipkalis.

You see....I told you all that men like food. At the end of the day that is all they care about :dry:

LOL nevermind I just found out a chipkali is a lizard hhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advanced Member

Um they hardly exist, what you are left with are a bunch of aggressive females who feel like they have all the **** figured out. They tend to be idealogical and an idealogical female is the scariest thing since fried chipkalis.

I agree to a certain extent. For some women, it gets to their heads but I know there are some good intelligent yet humble sistas out there.

• Advanced Member

Well! there is no parameter to judge intelligence or wisdom it depends on some one's perception i.e Abu Jihl was scholar for many Quresh, However if you mean by Education from intelligence than my answer would be yes. People are more turning towards normal looking educational woman than to no illiterate beautiful females.

In reality the truth is far from what you say. Most women love empty and arrogant jerks and this proven you can ask relationship experts

In my experience the most arrogant and abusive men got the most women. In my uni there were examples like that.

I think when the men is arrogant and shows that he is not desperate and doesn't value her much then she starts chasing him and sticking

Men also seem to prefer bimbos because they are also empty.

Good people however are very different to this.

people are drawn to people who share the same world view

intelligence is not something complicated but rather being content with the minimum.

this is an age of complete ignorance of what is really important.

men and women are attracted to eachother for all the wrong reasons and they both suffer and deserve eachother.

its all about being a part of society and the "norms" of the society dictates compatibility.

if the typical men were attracted to intelligance would this girl become miss universe or mis california or whatever

and if women were attracted to good men would my university companion who was a forincator and a jerk , would he have been able to get a new girlfriend every week ?

Edited by alimohamad40
  • Veteran Member

There can't be a straight Yes or No answer to the OP's quesiton for that would not be representative of reality.

Personally, for me, intelligence and wit matters. But more important is wisdom, which is not synonymous with intelligence. Wisdom is to speak, act and carry oneself in an appropriate, sensible manner, depending on the situation.

Beauty is scintillating; it is attractive; it is desirable, but unless it is complemented with a degree of intelligence and wisdom, it isn't of much use. So no beautiful dumb prima donna for me.

But an intelligent and savvy wife also poses a threat to the husband's comfort zone in the event of a disagreement on an important matter. Men are assertive and like to keep things in their own hands. An intelligent and knowledgeable wife who routinely questions the basic building blocks of that comfort zone is going to alienate her husband.

There is also this idea that men don't prefer highly educated girls or those who are more educated then them. I'd, however, personally prefer a highly educated and academically successful girl even though I am not PhD or any such thing.

So to put it briefly, yes, men are indeed attracted to intelligence, so long as it doesn't clash with and defeat their own intelligence.

A man who surrenders his intelligence and wit to his wife in a marriage doesn't anymore see himself as the husband.

Edited by Marbles
  • Advanced Member

^an intelligent and wise woman recognises her husband as an equal and recognises that male ego and sense of self worth is often derived from his sense of authority over his family. not in a domineering i control you, the kids and every aspect of our lives kind of way which many men seem to live their life by but in the sense that the final word is with the man. he will consult his wife. and if she is wise/intelligent and may have a good perspective to impart then this is an asset to him and not a threat to his superiority/authority or control. individuals each have their own strengths, set of life experiences and wisdom and to have a harmonious relationship, u need to be able to accept advice and seek consultation. theres a hadeeth which outlines the importance of consulting others in important decisions and this serves to highlight that we all have a blind spot )or multiple blind spots) which our spouse may be able to illuminate for us.

I totally can see what you mean about not want a wife who bashes her self-proclaimed intelligence in your face and uses it to pick petty arguments to prove her wit or superiority. I dont think any woman would want a husband like that either. but there is a happy medium. so what if your wife is more intelligent/wise than u. this is an asset. if she is truly wise she will not use that to make u feel inferior but will rather be ur confidante and advisor in important life decisions. no?

alimo, i suppose my initial assertion was a generalisation. however, it does seem that more woman find intelligence/wisdom attractive than men do. and if we take this thread as representative of general opinion, it seems to be because men (unnecessarily) see a woman of higher intelligence than themselves as a threat to their authority.

• Advanced Member

A man who surrenders his intelligence and wit to his wife in a marriage doesn't anymore see himself as the husband.

why consider it surrendering, why not just enjoy the banter between two witty , wise and sensitive minds and souls; surrender or not to surrender should not be a variable in this equation.

Edited by ילדת מלך
Guest Zahratul_Islam

why consider it surrendering, why not just enjoy the banter between two witty , wise and sensitive minds and souls; surrender or not to surrender should not be a variable in this equation.

Because men are socialized into insecurity and paranoia about control. Also, depending on the culture, they have serious mommy issues and are incapable being happy unless they are receiving constant validation from a female in their life.

It's cute :wub: