Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Would You Ever Hit A Woman?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Paste the Verse here?

And where the word material is mentioned in this Verse?

And how do you explain what Bibi Sarah(as) did if we are so wrong?

4_129.png

Sahih InternationalAnd you will never be able to be equal [in feeling] between wives, even if you should strive [to do so]. So do not incline completely [toward one] and leave another hanging. And if you amend [your affairs] and fear Allah - then indeed, Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like a bad bollywood film to me..

You two have any standards? She committed the crime against Ameer AL Mumineen and how did he deal with her? Follow his seerah and stop spreading Fitna..

I can't; I won't. I would feel a lowlife, a complete and total loser without dignity and honour if I hit my woman.

Am not able am using phone

Bibi Sarah was not a jealous kafir no the accusation against her that she hated Hajar just because she envied her fertility and was jealous of her to a level that she insulted her and made her and prophet ismail cry and abrahim to complain to god and god to reply that the women are inherently evil like a crooked rib that if you try to straighten you will break, then to kick Hajar and her baby to die in the desert is a false accusation

Edited by alimohamad40
  • Advanced Member

ok fine i read this one now,i was assuming that one.So right they can't love them equally,but there can be exceptional cases where the love is excessive like that of Bibi Khadija(as) and Bibi Fatima(as) then Husband can choose not to remarry to share her love with anyone,give us proof where they said we did n't re marry due to circumstances? That is your guess what they thought but that is not true,the only reason was love and respect for these ladies.

And no where in this verse,Allah is encouraging to practice polygamy anyhow as you said He is still asking for multiple wives.

And meaning of other verse can be same that if you fear injustice,both materially,and in love if it leads to violation of rights which usually happens.Because that Verse has no reference to material equality only as this one has for love.

Bibi Sarah was not a jealous kafir no the accusation against her that she hated Hajar just because she envied her fertility and was jealous of her to a level that she insulted her and made her and prophet ismail cry and abrahim to complain to god and god to reply that the women are inherently evil like a crooked rib that if you try to straighten you will break, then to kick Hajar and her baby to die in the desert is a false accusation

We don't believe in a story of complaint and crooked rib but she was envious of Hajra(as) that is the fact in history.On which basis you are denying it? Is there any Hadees on it that She was not?

I have pasted it.

Moreover when love is not equal,its start reflecting in the attitude of ordinary men with the other ones,whereas that was not the case with Prophet(saww) and Aimma(as).Their treatment of their wives never got unjust.So if such an moral injustice is feared which can lead to disobedience to Religious injunctions,and sense of discontent among wives, then it should be abstained,even if not forbidden.

Edited by Kaniz e Zahra
  • Advanced Member

I've only hit a woman once in my life when I was living in a joint family system. There was this maid who was constantly annoying my children and passed through our living area and used our staircase a few times. My children cried because there were other children with her and they wanted to join them while it was afternoon and we did not want them to go outside. So I asked her why she didn't use her own staircase on the other side of the house and she lied that it was locked so she couldn't. The persistent ruckus made me get up and investigate. So I went over and found that she was lying and doing it to annoy (the hell) out of us while my elder sister whom she worked for, was gone shopping. To her misfortune, it got under my skin as I descended down from the other staircase and came all the way to the landing of stair in my living area where I could hear my children banging from inside at our bedroom door and my wife yelling as she stood among my sisters' children near the flight leading to the ground. I told her that she was lying and I just came from the other way, and I asked her why she was annoying us and she kept quiet. I asked her twice and she kept quiet. I told her to leave and she didn't move. So.. -_- .. I grabbed her by her neck, lifted her up from the stairs and -_- slammed her onto the ground. I heard her bones and joints clack amongst them from the force of the impact.

It was her turn to cry. And learn a lesson. Thankfully, her bones didn't break. -_- It was not something I like at all, in fact I really wish there had been a better, humane way. -_- Later, I met and apologized to her father and told him that he can beat me up and have vengeance but he forgave me and said that his daughter should not have been so insolent. I've beaten up men in actually brutal ways by throwing them around and slamming them into things. I guess I'm just a failure at controlling anger.

If I was that girl, I would report you to the police and get you locked up in prison.

Oh, but I forgot. This is Pakistan where a bit of money can get you out of any problem you have.

And btw, you shouldn't have offered her father to beat YOU up. You should have offered you mother, your sister, your wife, your daughter, for him to beat up.

• Veteran Member

only if she likes it,lol jk

once my classmate told me that theres a women in a house next to him who used to beat his husband.

he also said she is tall and fat.when i asked how do u know?

he told me dat he have seen her doing that more than once.she usually grabs her husband's neck into her knees and then hit him on his back with shoes.LOL

If I was that girl, I would report you to the police and get you locked up in prison.

Oh, but I forgot. This is Pakistan where a bit of money can get you out of any problem you have.

And btw, you shouldn't have offered her father to beat YOU up. You should have offered you mother, your sister, your wife, your daughter, for him to beat up.

ouch thats cruel

• Advanced Member
what a stupid question Would you hit a woman ? how can I hit my lord almighty ? what kind of question is this? ofcourse if she is being an abslute dog she would deserve a slap or two and this is common sense and has nothing to do with man or woman . why do you worship your gender ??? why do you think that hitting a " WOMAN" is wrong all the time?? why do uyou insert the " Woman " in the sentence?? whats the relavance of the gender with this ? and which religion do you follow ??? the quraan has a verse which says " and for your wives whom you are afraid of thier noshoooz then advise them and if it failes then leave them and then if that also fails then hit them" so if there is a situation of noshooz then hitting her is part of the religion and god's order. if the man exhausts the advise and hajr then the next step that he is ordered to do is to hit her in accordance with god's order do you know a book called " quraan" ? have you ever read this verse in it ?

Huston we have a problem, mistranslation in the verse. I see its a very serious mistranslation since the posters directly below this one also quote the same thing.

It is not "Beat them" , the correct translation is "Move away from them"

The arabic word Athrib means "to beat" in modern Arabic. However in the classical Arabic it meant "to separate" or "to move away"

Lets make this very clear, Quran does not allow any physical violence with your wives.

• Veteran Member

Huston we have a problem, mistranslation in the verse. I see its a very serious mistranslation since the posters directly below this one also quote the same thing.

It is not "Beat them" , the correct translation is "Move away from them"

The arabic word Athrib means "to beat" in modern Arabic. However in the classical Arabic it meant "to separate" or "to move away"

Lets make this very clear, Quran does not allow any physical violence with your wives.

Is that why all (with no exception) classical Arab commentators of the Qur'an understood it to mean 'beat', and that interpretation is backed up by authentic ahadith in both Sunni and Shia books?

• Advanced Member

Is that why all (with no exception) classical Arab commentators of the Qur'an understood it to mean 'beat', and that interpretation is backed up by authentic ahadith in both Sunni and Shia books?

Isn't it with a miswak only or a strand of grass?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Some threads simply refuse to die--- just keep on resurfacing ---

Yeah, Im not so sure either about the strand of grass, I just remember reading or hearing it somewhere.

Maybe you heard it in the context of Prophet Job and his wife--when he vowed that he would lash her, ( 100 lashes, if I remembered correctly ) as He (as) thought she had committed some indecent act; but later on it was revealed that it was not so, but still He (as) was bound by the pledge so God advised him to make a light whip of some grass strands to lash her---so as not to harm her physically but still be able to fulfill his vow.

Edited by ילדת מלך