Shia_Debater

How Does One Gain Yaqeen?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

How does one gain Yaqeen (100% certainty) in Allah (swt) and the right path?

Do we have verses in the Qur'an or narrations from the Ma`sumeen [as] that tell us how to achieve Yaqeen? Are there certain Du`aa' from the Ma`sumeen [as] that are recommened to recite to gain Yaqeen.. or anything else?

Edited by Shia_Debater

i thought yaqeen is something you get after you die

I do not mean yaqeen as in death, I mean yaqeen as in 100% belief in Allah (swt) and the right path [though the word yaqeen has been used for death (because death is a certainty) before in qur'an and ziarat but that isn't what I mean here - {I don't know if the word yaqeen is used as death in all verses or all ziaaraat but I know it used in definitely at least one verse}]

Edited by Shia_Debater

I do not mean yaqeen as in death, I mean yaqeen as in 100% belief in Allah (swt) and the right path [though the word yaqeen has been used for death (because death is a certainty) before in qur'an and ziarat but that isn't what I mean here - {I don't know if the word yaqeen is used as death in all verses or all ziaaraat but I know it used in definitely at least one verse}]

i meant yaqeen in Allah , helll and heaven and all that is ghayb for us

i'd seek iman first , yaqeen will follow

salaam,

well then u require ma'refat. it is ma'refat that will make ur "yaqeen" strong. it is ma'refat that is required for everything related to islam. i mean to love islam and believe in everything that it says. also for the reappearance of imam and helping him.

for ma'refat you will have to gain knowledge and the more u gain knowledge abt a thing (if it is right and pure) the more u ll love it and tht is ma'refat abt tht particulat thing.

salaam,

well then u require ma'refat. it is ma'refat that will make ur "yaqeen" strong. it is ma'refat that is required for everything related to islam. i mean to love islam and believe in everything that it says. also for the reappearance of imam and helping him.

for ma'refat you will have to gain knowledge and the more u gain knowledge abt a thing (if it is right and pure) the more u ll love it and tht is ma'refat abt tht particulat thing.

ma'refah is important BUT didnt Iblis know it all except he ended up in hell ?

Iblis does have yaqeen, however he didnt purify himself completely and pride was left in his heart

there are verses in the Quran where iblis is quoted as saying to us after he has caused a person to become a disbeliever "i am clear of you, i believe in Allah the almighty all wise" and so on and so forth

purity of self is something divine,

and what you are asking for yaqeen, is purity of self, because it is not Allah which makes us blind to him, but us that make ourselves blind to Allah by commiting sin, till the heart becomes hard and blind

also any of those traits such as anger, pride, hate, lower self, all of this accounts to veils of veils of disbelief

that is why i recommended you read dua Adeelah which is read to a dying person, hence you must be in that state where you die from yourself here in this world while physically alive, ande the veils will be lifted and you will have yaqeen

however keep two things in mind

firstly these gifts of yaqeen and true imaan is a gift, a veryu special gift from Allah that was given to prophets after much trials and tribulations, so dont think its something which is free, i think if you prayed to God for this world and yaqeen, it would be easier to be given this world before yaqeen, for t requires utmostt patience and utmost endurance in tribulations to achieve, and when it is given, it does not coem freely,. expect hardship after hardship, and only then if you pass, and Allah decides to have such mercy, will you achieve this, hence why i sugested you read dua adeelah, because this is the first step iof many may steps before you can achieve any of these gems of infinity in God, also yqeen doesnt come alone4, with it it brings ccourage, tawfeeq, answered prayers, and many many more gifts, so you can never receive it alone, because these degrees of special levels are not easy to achieve and receive

point number two, even if you achieve it after much much difficulties, it is so easy to lose it, and so easy to not inly lose it, but lose everything else you have with it, such as any faith you might have already established within yourself, and any habit(good) which you might have, so again, getting it is not the end of the line, it is the beginning of new tests and difficulties, only now if you fail(which is even easier then when you didnt have it) forgiveness and to return back to even your old stage, becomes extremely difficult and you can easily fall of the path and head into so perdition from which there is no coming back, and God will testt you that is for certain, there is no escaping it

therfore my conclusion in all this, maybe the reason you dont have it right now is because God doesnt think your ready to have it and endure its hardships, because dont forget this life is a test, and the closer you get to God, the harder and harder it becomes

imam sadiq said the more faith you have the harder life gets

so perhaps right now is not the time for you to get it, and God is not giving you it because in his mercy he knows you might fail

however that doesnt mean you sto striving, it means you needs tto work on those wekaness which cause this ffailure, you might have some hidden disbelief or hypocracy in your heart that has become your habit and hence causing all these problems of disbelief to arise so you are lookin for its solutions

the best thing i can advice is to return back to principals, and speend time on those basicc principals which we sometimes forget and let slip, and then eventually we ignore out of bad habit, and eventually when you are ready to move up in faith, God will call you to him

one more thing, yaqeen is like God giving you a country in this world, now imagine if you were suddenly handed a whole economy, a whole social culture, a whole nation, a whole government, a whole military etc to manage, of course without the right experience your mistakes would cost the lives and so much more of others, and eventually that country will be run down and fail

this is what you are asking for right now, but unfortunately you doint have the management skills to cope with it or the experience to manage it correctly

until you master the basic principals(imagine our shariah and basics islam don't steal, dont lie, dont backbite etc) its like you have not yet learned to walk, but you want to fly kapish?

one more thing, if you get yaqeen, God would give you cities upon cities upon cities upon infinite rewards in the next world for you to enjoy, and God doesnt give these things away so easily, we have to earn it just like how we earn money in this world, we have to start at the bottom and build our banks accounts up

good luck, and we need to learn to take our religion more seriously justt like we take everything else in life seriously, except in reality the life is childs play as compared to what is to come

(bismillah)

Jazakum Allah Khair for your replies everyone - more replies are still welcome [incase someone thought by this post of mine I was 'finishing off the topic']

yukapuka - do you think before yaqeen there is a lower state of certainty one can reach which is easier to achieve? Say for example, imaan - and if so how do you think that would be achieved? The same was as yaqeen but just that it would be reached quicker?

Edited by Shia_Debater

tabatabai said a wonderful thing

he said all that is on the outside is manifested on the inside and all that is inside is manifested on the outside

Isa said, as well as Imam Ali said "seeing they see not, hearing they hear not"

yes you are correct everything has stages even belief, just like fitness for example

you might train and be strong, but this is only relative to others, for example we have no belief when compared to the imaams ,just like we have no strength when compared to a bull, or rhino

however when compared to an ant we have infinite strength etc

God created this world in such a way that wherever you look you can see God, but you must lift the veils of your heart to see it, which means you must have faith, and you do have faith we all have faith, even an atheist has faith

because he believes when he goes to sleep that he will wake up tommorow, or he believes in his security or he believes that if he works he will have money to buy food and hence he will eat and hence he will survive,

and he also believes that one day he will physicaly die

belief is a wonderfull thing, and when we achieve belief, we see the truth in everything, we eventually see God in everything and this is what you called yaqeen(to a certain degree in the material world)

the main and pathway to truth is to follow Islam and the Imams, all the instructions they gave us is because they knew what we dont, and they seee what we dont

and we if we dont go forward, we get stuck in this vicious cycle which leads to nothing and has no instructions, so God then sends troubles and hardhsips to us to remind us of him and to remind us where we have to go and to whom we have to call out

but in a nutshell yes we all have certain degrees of faith, and all that separates us is the difference between sin and good, and also following our carnal appetites which cause us to move away from faith and God

(salam)

Check this link: http://www.shiasiste...topic.php?t=668

Btw, it's a great topic :D

it is true a person would purify themselves in doing such a practise as mentioned in that link, but before he/she moves forward he/she would have to get that idea of doing it for other then God out of his/her head

actually what usually happens, is that the person who embarks on such a path would come with the intention of "experimenting" and for the reason of seeing all these things that were described in that post you posted, he/she she would embark on this journey, however after 2 weeks he /she would find no results of "visions" and would however see how far he/she has come, and the feeling that it rectifies to the individual whom is practising it would become like a drug)its addictive to have that beauty in prayer and worship and remembrance of God) and eventually the persons would naturally change their intention and he/she would not care about "seeing" anything, and would continue their journey towards God for God alone, because God gives them a drink from his cup of love, and the person feels that love from god which drives them crazy and they want to experience it again and again(its the best pleasure), but if the person continues down this path, and passes the tests to come, then eventually the person enters a stage known as khulus, or better said witnesses khulus

however there is forty stages of forty days (40x40) to "enter and become one with khulus and it requires consistent work and continues effort and the passing of the forty stages of forty days before God gives the person permanent belief, however like anything, God can take it away any time

we in reality have nothing and can on our own selves do nothing

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Yaqeen is discussed in the book Jami' al-Sa'adat (The Collector of Felicities), which is in the Ethics Book List: http://www.shiachat....hics-book-list/

Stages of Certainty

1. `Ilm al-Yaqin : Which is certain and permanent conviction. It is like the conviction of a man who when he sees smoke believes with certainty that there must be a fire too.

2. `Ayn al-yaqin: Which is beholding something with-either the outer or the inner-eye. Using the above example, it is like the conviction of a man who not only sees the smoke but fire itself.

3. Haqq al-yaqin: Which is the state of certainty acquired when a form of spiritual and actual union exists between the knower and the known thing. This would be the case, for example, if one should be himself in the midst of fire mentioned in the above example. This is called "the union of the knower and the known", and is discussed in its appropriate place. In order to attain haqq al-yaqin one must fulfil certain necessary conditions. These are:

You can read the rest in the subsection called Signs of Men of Conviction in the section called Diseases of the Soul and their Treatment.

Book online: http://www.al-islam....hid/felicities/

one more thing which i found wrong with that post is "stay up for forty nights every night praying"

the Quran says that night is for rest and the day is for staying awake

even the prophet slept at night, see this is why we need the Imams, to clarify these misconceptions that have entered into our religion

to correct that as the Quran says one third of the night is to be spent in ibadaat, so lets say you go to sleep at night at 8 ocloc, then you wake up at 2-3 am and you do salatul layl and other dua etc

the Imams have recommended we sleep 6 hours, so you still have a great portion to do what you need to do

also another thing, work is ibadaat as the imams have said in hadeeth, so for a prson who is working during the day(especially in the west) he can still wake up for the last 2-3 hours of the night, or maybe a little more to spend time with God

anyway to stay awake all night , and then to sleep all day is the trait of a lazy person, so it is not what is supposed to be done, also it is unrealistic in todays world, and almost impossible if the person had to work during the day, he would fail within three days

and one more thing, quality not quantity the arifs of our time and prior have said many times, dont do everything in the book, rather do one thing consistently and with passion

just like bruce lee said "i am more afraid of the person who has practised the one kick 10,000 times, as compared to the person who has practised 10,000 different kicks once each"

bottom line is do what the Imams have said, they said do saltul layl, they said do some dhikr before fajr,(not the whole night), and they said do the 52 recommended prayers every day etc and so many hadeeths of their recommendations, our problem is that we dont do what they say, and we seek something other then what they said, something "special" to achieve truth, when in reality they gave us the best program

one more thing, isolating yourself from people is not the answer to the problem, rather go amongst them, dont be afraid of them doing the wrong before you, but be afraid that when they do wrong you dont do or say anything(whitn reason), i dont mean argue with them on every issue, but for example lets ssay your around non muslims(and i wish this was always and the only case) and they started to backbite, you would interrupt them and protect the person as if he were your brother/sister, even if that person is wrong, or if you cant convionce them, then you show your protest by walking away, and eventually they wont backbite around you anymore, if they dont stop or if they are inisting on it, then you need better friends, or if they are inavoidable, then be prepared to do jihad with them for however long God wants to test you with this

the point is not to run away, but to be not scared of their judgements or of social differences, or fear that you might be left out or non-confirming or anti social, who cares what others think, you do what Imam Ali did and as in dua nudba it says about imam Ali "He was not afraid of any blamers"

musa in a hadeeth was asked who was his teacher in manners(after he displayed a beautiful manner before some people) and he responded i learnt manners from the vile and rude people by being around them and seeing how much i dont want to be like that

so the point is not to run away because you cannot "enjoin good and forbid evil" due to fear of social status or what others might do or reach to you

anyway all of thi within reason, im not saying you should go looking for the vile, but i am saying dont be afraid to stand up to truth, and i know how hard it an be sometimes, but you have to sometimes humiliate yourself and "..not care for any blamers" this will show to God how much you only care about him, and God will reciprocate what you did, and trust me he will not dishonor you but he will raise your status amongst people in such a way that you yourself couldn't do it in a million years

Edited by yukapuka

Self-improvement through reflection and then action. For Yaqeen you must fulfill the wajib and you must abstain from sin as best you can. If you don'y do these then you have no yaqeen in much at all. Yaqeen is shown through action.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Do you mean it's shown to me by Allah (swt) because of my actions, or do you mean that it's shown to others by me through my actions? or both?

On 4/5/2015 at 8:16 AM, mina said:

Can haqq ul-yaqeen attained before death for non prophets and non masoum?

Salam Alaikom, sure, that is the whole point, so we become followers of Ahl al-Bait and are like them, taking them as our role models and becoming one of them. Allah has introduced them as our guides because they were the first that reached the peak of excellence in action, speak and knowledge. Imagine if some one has copyright on a simple website, how can attaining infallibility have no copyright owners. Allah has given the person that made the simple website the copyright claim and Allah has given Ahl al-Bait the copyright of infallibility.

Salam Alaikom,

On 7/3/2012 at 7:33 AM, Shia_Debater said:

(bismillah)

Jazakum Allah Khair for your replies everyone - more replies are still welcome [incase someone thought by this post of mine I was 'finishing off the topic']

yukapuka - do you think before yaqeen there is a lower state of certainty one can reach which is easier to achieve? Say for example, imaan - and if so how do you think that would be achieved? The same was as yaqeen but just that it would be reached quicker?

Islam, Iman, Taqwa, Yaqin

Your right, iman is before taqwa according to ahadith, but in one of the hadith about iman it is written that it has 10 levels, and ponder that the end of iman could be beginning of taqwa with pretty good precision, and the first level of taqwa is doing all wajibat and staying away from all moharimat. The second level/stage is doing of course important mustahabat and staying away from makruh. This also from hadith. If mustahabat is difficult one can do the important ones and even do it when ones heart feels for it and one should not pressure oneself. Plus one should firstly be sure that one have the first level of taqwa, example in one year no missing of prayer-really important to pray on time and not going near sins, kabir and saqhir. Searching hadith about qalb/heart, one can find such hadith mentioned above. Let us say for one year one take it seriously and attained to it, imagine like a doctor that visit his patient until he/she is cured so one should study also little about muraqibah, so much one needs for this one year. And if you just want to spend your time only in most important mostahabat, after 2 or 3 years still you can help others as much as you can instead of mustahabat.lankarani1.jpg

Yaqeen as sister put it above has three main parts, and even clearly supported from verses and ahadith is also there, first is ilm yaqin. Ilm yaqin is your sure Allah has created everything with physical and spiritual and in between or in a spectrum between them. Aynal yaqin is you know who is behind things with more detail, you reflect more, or have capacity to recognize the true cause behind actions and word of people. For example you see different countries try to ban hijab-recently nigeria - and chador that is the best kind of hijab, and niqab noor ala noor. Anyways, you reflect and recognize hands behind curtain, both behind good curtain and bad curtain. And you have yaqin unshakable the real players and chose more the right side if one is honest. Haqq al-yaqin is you have this constant feeling in your heart, this feeling when you visit a holy shrine and you get it, and you feel your in paradise, that the shrines are parts of paradise on earth, tears come from your eyes by just hearing the name of Imam HOSSEIN AND REMINDED. I do not know those that are after irfan, even if it is islamic irfan, if they know what these youth are doing! Do not know if they started from scratch or not and what they want to feel.

One needs knowledge for each step, and if you start your journey from Islam than you need to know at least the three main parts Aqaed, fiqh and akhlaq and read a few books. Islam is a religion so you need to know what is the point of religion, so it is a good start, to read about religion and aqaed to gain knowledge.

On 7/3/2012 at 10:42 AM, Kamranistan said:

Self-improvement through reflection and then action. For Yaqeen you must fulfill the wajib and you must abstain from sin as best you can. If you don'y do these then you have no yaqeen in much at all. Yaqeen is shown through action.

Dear brother you mentioned a beautiful word and it is what we need a lot for different things that is reflection-fekr -.

ilm-knowledge -, fahm-understanding -, hikmah-wisdom -, marifah-recognition -, yaqin-certainty -, sabr-patience -, afiya-vitality and salamah-health -. If you want to make your ilm into fahm you need to reflect, if you want tomake it to hikmah you need to further reflect and so on. Let us say you have 1000 kg of ilm, when you reflect it can become-of course it depends on the quality lo  - 700 kg of fahm.

Okay dear ones it is really realistic and more time consuming than in games.

Salam Alaikom, some ahadith, regarding stuff we wrote.

ـ الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ) : فمِنَ الإيمانِ ما يكونُ ثابتاً مُسْتَقِرّاً في القلوبِ ، ومِنهُ ما يكونُ عَوارِيَ بَينَ القلوبِ والصُّدوِر ، إلى أجلٍ معلومٍ .

41– Imam Ali (AS) said, ‘A part of faith is that which is firm and steadfast in the hearts, and another part is that which remains temporarily in the hearts and the breasts up until a certain time.’ [Nahj al-Balagha, Sermon 189]

47ـ الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ) : لا يذوقُ المَرءُ من حَقيقةِ الإيمانِ حتّى يكونَ فيهِ ثلاثُ خصالٍ: الفقهُ في الدِّينِ، والصّبرُ على المَصائبِ ، وحُسْنُ التّقديرِ في المَعاشِ .

47- Imam Ali (AS) said, ‘Man will never taste the reality of faith until he possesses three qualities: understanding of religion, perseverance in calamities, and a good assessment of his income.’ [Bihar al-Anwar, v. 71, p. 85, no. 29]

88ـ رسولُ اللهِ‏ِ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ) : ليسَ إيمانُ مَن رآني بعَجَبٍ ولكنّ العَجبَ كلَّ العَجبِ لِقومٍ رأَوا أوْراقا فيها سَوادٌ فآمَنوا بهِ أوّلِهِ وآخِرهِ .

88– The Prophet (SAWA) said, ‘The faith of one who has seen me is no great wonder, but what is truly amazing is for the people who have only seen pages with black [ink] on it [i.e. the Qur’an] and have believed in it from beginning to end.’ [Kanz al-`Ummal, no. 34582]

89ـ كنز العمّال عنه (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ) : متى ألْقى إخْواني ؟! قالوا : ألَسْنا إخْوانَكَ؟ قالَ : بلْ أنتُم أصْحابي ، وإخْواني الّذينَ آمَنوا بِي ولَم يَرَوني ، أنا إلَيهِم بالأشْواقِ.

89– The Prophet (SAWA) said, exclaiming, ‘When will I see my brothers?!’ to which they replied, ‘Are we not your brothers?’ He said, ‘No, you are my companions. My brothers are those who believe in me without having seen me, and I am filled with longing for them.’
[Ibid. no. 34583]

6830.الإمامُ الصّادقُ عليه السلام : إنّ الإيمانَ أفضَلُ من الإسلامِ ، وإنّ اليَقينَ أفضَلُ مِن الإيمانِ ، وما مِن شي‏ءٍ أعَزُّ مِن اليَقينِ .19

6830.Imam al-Sadiq (AS) said, 'Faith is better than submission [islam] and conviction is better than faith, and there is nothing more honourable than conviction.' 20

۶۶۶۴.الإمامُ عليٌّ عليه السلام : إنَّ تَقوَى اللَّهِ دَواءُ دَاءِ قُلوبِكُم ، وبَصَرُ عَمى‏ أفئدتِكُم ، وشِفاءُ مَرَضِ أجسادِكُم ، وصَلاحُ فَسادِ صُدورِكُم، وطَهورُ دَنَسِ أنفُسِكُم، وجَلاءُ عَشا أبصارِكُم، وأمنُ فَزَعِ جَأشِكُم، وضِياءُ سَوادِ ظُلمَتِكُم .۱۷

۶۶۶۴.Imam Ali (AS) said, 'Godwariness is the remedy for the sickness of your hearts, the sight for the blindness of your hearts, the cure for the sickness of your bodies, the reformation of the corruption of your chests [souls], the purification of the filth of your souls, the enlightenment of the blindness of your eyes, the safety for the fear of your anxiety, and the light to the blackness of your darkness.' ۱۸

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : إنَّ المُتَّقينَ الّذينَ يَتَّقونَ اللَّهَ مِن الشّي‏ءِ الّذي لا يُتَّقى‏ مِنهُ خَوفاً مِن الدُّخولِ في الشُّبهَةِ .۴

۶۶۶۹.The Prophet (SAWA) said, 'The Godwary are those who are wary of Allah for something that does not [necessarily] require wariness, for fear of entering into obscurity.' ۵

۶۶۸۴.الإمامُ عليٌّ عليه السلام : لا يَغُرَّنَّكَ بُكاؤهُم ، إنّما التَّقوى‏ في القَلبِ .۹

۶۶۸۴.Imam al-Sadiq (AS) said, 'The crying of people should not deceive you; indeed Godwariness is in the heart.' ۱۰

۶۶۸۰.رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : تَمامُ التَّقوى‏ أن تَتَعلَّمَ ما جَهِلتَ وتَعمَلَ بِما عَلِمتَ .۱

۶۶۸۰.The Prophet (SAWA) said, 'The completion of Godwariness is that you learn what you do not know and you act upon what you do know.' ۲

۳۰۹۲.الإمامُ الرِّضا عليه السلام : إنَّ الإمامَةَ اُسُّ الإسلامِ النامي ، وفَرعُهُ السامي .۹

۳۰۹۲.Imam al-Rida (AS) said, 'Verily Imama (divinely appointed leadership of the twelve Imams) is the ever-growing root of Islam as well as its lofty branch.' ۱۰

Salam Alaikom,

۳۰۷۹.الإمامُ عليٌّ عليه السلام : الإسلامُ هُو التسليمُ ، والتسليمُ هُو اليَقينُ ، واليَقينُ هُو التصديقُ ، والتصديقُ هُو الإقرارُ ، والإقرارُ هُو الأداءُ ، والأداءُ هُو العَملُ .۵

۳۰۷۹.Imam Ali (AS) said, 'Verily Islam is submission, and submission is conviction, and conviction is certification of something, and certification is attestation, and attestation of something is fulfillment of it, and fulfillment is the performance of required acts.' ۶

This hadith help us to know what happens, what process is inplay between knowledge and action, from knowledge to action.

۳۰۸۰.الإمامُ عليٌّ عليه السلام : غايَةُ الإسلامِ التسليمُ ، غايَةُ التسليمِ الفَوزُ بِدارِ النَّعيمِ .۷

۳۰۸۰.Imam Ali (AS) said, 'The ultimate goal of Islam is submission and the ultimate of submission is gaining the blessed abode of Paradise ' ۸

You should feel your living in paradise , do false irfans or youths do not know what they are doing, feel living in paradise, this is the feeling you get when you go and visit shrines, you get strong shakila without doing years of garbage false irfani practice.

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : إنَّ المُتَّقينَ الّذينَ يَتَّقونَ اللَّهَ مِن الشّي‏ءِ الّذي لا يُتَّقى‏ مِنهُ خَوفاً مِن الدُّخولِ في الشُّبهَةِ .۴

۶۶۶۹.The Prophet (SAWA) said, 'The Godwary are those who are wary of Allah for something that does not [necessarily] require wariness, for fear of entering into obscurity.' ۵

It is important that scholars of ahklaq recommend that you should not have waswas on worship stuff and take it easy but still they say that we should spend waswas on what we eat, what kind of food, from who and so on, if it is shobha than leave it behind and continue.

Edited by Ali.Isa

If I want to be honest: After he died!

For ordinary people, I think only the die can resolve the problem(achieve yaqeen)

But I think there is another way and it's Zohur! Zohur of Imam Mahdi maybe can solve it, or help to solve too!

Salam Alaikom,

On 7/3/2012 at 4:44 AM, Chaotic Muslem said:

ـ الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ) : فمِنَ الإيمانِ ما يكونُ ثابتاً مُسْتَقِرّاً في القلوبِ ، ومِنهُ ما يكونُ عَوارِيَ بَينَ القلوبِ والصُّدوِر ، إلى أجلٍ معلومٍ .

41– Imam Ali (AS) said, ‘A part of faith is that which is firm and steadfast in the hearts, and another part is that which remains temporarily in the hearts and the breasts up until a certain time.’ [Nahj al-Balagha, Sermon 189]

Sure he had faith, was with angels, saw things we did not, saw many All Prophets Peace upon Them and Imams, and Ulema, and Shuhadah, but still persists

On 7/3/2012 at 4:15 AM, Chaotic Muslem said:

i meant yaqeen in Allah , helll and heaven and all that is ghayb for us

i'd seek iman first , yaqeen will follow

88ـ رسولُ اللهِ‏ِ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ) : ليسَ إيمانُ مَن رآني بعَجَبٍ ولكنّ العَجبَ كلَّ العَجبِ لِقومٍ رأَوا أوْراقا فيها سَوادٌ فآمَنوا بهِ أوّلِهِ وآخِرهِ .

88– The Prophet (SAWA) said, ‘The faith of one who has seen me is no great wonder, but what is truly amazing is for the people who have only seen pages with black [ink] on it [i.e. the Qur’an] and have believed in it from beginning to end.’ [Kanz al-`Ummal, no. 34582]

89ـ كنز العمّال عنه (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ) : متى ألْقى إخْواني ؟! قالوا : ألَسْنا إخْوانَكَ؟ قالَ : بلْ أنتُم أصْحابي ، وإخْواني الّذينَ آمَنوا بِي ولَم يَرَوني ، أنا إلَيهِم بالأشْواقِ.

89– The Prophet (SAWA) said, exclaiming, ‘When will I see my brothers?!’ to which they replied, ‘Are we not your brothers?’ He said, ‘No, you are my companions. My brothers are those who believe in me without having seen me, and I am filled with longing for them.’
[Ibid. no. 34583]

Which is cooler to not even see barzakh and belief in it or see it, why Imam Ali Peace upon Him says that if all veils goes away and i see all ghab, hidden nit will not increase my yaqin.

On 7/3/2012 at 2:13 AM, Shia_Debater said:

(bismillah)

(salam)

How does one gain Yaqeen (100% certainty) in Allah (swt) and the right path?

Do we have verses in the Qur'an or narrations from the Ma`sumeen [as] that tell us how to achieve Yaqeen? Are there certain Du`aa' from the Ma`sumeen [as] that are recommened to recite to gain Yaqeen.. or anything else?

Alaikom as Salam, dear brother you can check the above posts.

Salam Alaikom,

8 hours ago, GodMan said:

If I want to be honest: After he died!

For ordinary people, I think only the die can resolve the problem(achieve yaqeen)

But I think there is another way and it's Zohur! Zohur of Imam Mahdi maybe can solve it, or help to solve too!

According to ahadith you can reach, according to holy Quran you can reach, but it is nice that your honest, one needs maybe to research to have belief in it, hope above posts help. And of course the Zohur is important. Actually even patience and vitality is more important than Yaqin!

قِيمَةُ العافِيَةِ

Vitality

1ـ الإمامُ عليٌ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): العافِيَةُ أهنى النِّعَمِ.

1- Imam Ali (A) said; ‘Vitality is the most beneficial of bounties.’ [Ghurar al-Hikam, no. 973] 

2ـ الإمامُ عليٌ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): لا لِباسَ أجمَلُ مِنَ العافِيَةِ.

2- Imam Ali (A) said; ‘There is no garment more beautiful than vitality.’ [al-Tawhid, v. 74, no. 27] 

3ـ الإمامُ عليٌ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): بِالعافِيَةِ تُوجَدُ لَذَّةُ الحَياةِ.

3- Imam Ali (A) said; ‘Joie-de-vivre [i.e. the pleasure of living] is to be found through vitality.’ [Ghurar al-Hikam, no. 4207] 

4ـ الإمامُ الصّادقُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): العافِيَةُ نِعمَةٌ خَفِيَّةٌ ، إذا وُجِدَت نُسِيَت ، وإذا فُقِدَت ذُكِرَت.

4- Imam al-Sadiq (A) said; ‘Vitality is a subtle bounty – when present it is forgotten, and when lost it is remembered.’ [al-Faqih, v. 4, p. 406, no. 5878] 

ما يورِثُ العافِيَةَ

That Which Engenders Vitality

5ـ رسولُ اللهِ‏ِ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ): مَن صَلّى عَلَيَّ مَرَّةً فَتَحَ اللّه‏ُ عَلَيهِ باباً مِنَ العافِيَةِ .

5- The Prophet (S) said; ‘He who sends peace and blessings on me once, Allah opens for me a door of vitality.’ [Jami`a al-Akhbar, p. 152, no. 344] 

6ـ الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): العافِيَةُ عَشرَةُ أجزاءٍ ، تِسعَةٌ مِنها في الصَّمتِ إلّا بِذِكرِ اللّهِ ، وواحِدٌ في تَركِ مُجالَسَةِ السُّفَهاءِ .

6- Imam Ali (A) said; ‘Vitality has ten parts, nine of which lie in silence except for the remembrance of Allah, and one part of which lies in abandoning the company of fools.’ [Tuhaf al-`Uqoul, no. 89] 

7ـ الإمامُ الصّادقُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): مَن‏سَرَّهُ طولُ العافِيَةِ فَلْيَتَّقِ‏ اللّه‏َ.

7- Imam al-Sadiq (A) said; ‘He who would like extensive vitality should rely on Allah.’ [Bihar al-Anwar, v. 72, p. 232, no. 2] 

الحَثُّ عَلى طَلَبِ العافِيَةِ مِنَ اللّه‏ِ

Enjoinment of Seeking Vitality From Allah

8ـ رسولُ اللهِ‏ِ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ) ـ لَمّا سَمِعَ رَجُلاً يَسألُ اللّه‏َ الصَّبرَ ـ: سَألتَ اللّه‏َ البَلاءَ ، فَاسألْهُ المُعافاةَ.

8- The Prophet (S), when he heard a man ask Allah for patience, said ‘You have asked Allah to be tried, so now ask Him for vitality.’ [Kanz al-`Ummal, no. 4935, 3272] 

9ـ رسولُ اللهِ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ): ما سُئلَ اللّه‏ُ شَيئاً أحَبَّ إلَيهِ مِن أن يُسألَ العافِيَةَ.

9- The Prophet (S) said; ‘Allah is not asked anything more beloved to Him than to be asked for vitality.’ [Kanz al-`Ummal, nos. 3130-3153] 

10ـ رسولُ اللهِ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ): سَلُوا اللّه‏َ المُعافاةَ؛ فإنَّهُ لَم يُؤتَ أحَدٌ بَعدَ اليَقينِ خَيراً مِنَ المُعافاةِ.

10-The Prophet (S) said; ‘Ask Allah for vitality, for verily after conviction no one is given anything better than vitality.’ [Sunan Ibn Maaja, no. 3849] 

11ـ الدعوات: رُويَ أنَّ النَّبيَّ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ) دَخلَ عَلى مَريضٍ ، قالَ: ما شأنُكَ؟ قالَ: صَلَّيتَ بِنا صلاةَ المَغربِ فقرأتَ القارِعَةَ ، فقلتُ: اللّهمَّ إن كانَ لي عندَكَ ذَنبٌ تريدُ أن تُعذِّبني بهِ في الآخِرَةِ فَعَجِّلْ ذلكَ في الدُّنيا؛ فَصرتُ كَما ترى! فقال (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ): بِئسَما قُلتَ ، ألا قُلتَ، رَبَّنا آتِنا في الدّنيا حَسَنَةً وفي الآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وقِنا عَذابَ النّارِ ؟! فَدَعا لَهُ حَتّى أفاقَ.

11- A man once heard the Prophet (S) reciting the chapter [of the Qur’ an] entitled al-Qari`aah (The Catastrophe) in his evening prayer, as a result of which he supplicated to be punished for his sins in this world and fell ill as a result. The Prophet (S) said to him, ‘You spoke badly indeed when you should have said, ‘Our Lord, grant us good in this world and good in the Hereafter and protect us from the punishment of the Fire!’ and he supplicated for him until he got up again.’ [al-Da`aawat, p. 114, no. 261] 

12ـ الإمامُ زينَ العابدينُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ) ـ لَمّا ضَرَبَ عَلى كَتِفِ رَجُلٍ يَطوفُ بِالكَعبَةِ ويَقولُ: اللّهُمَّ إنّي أسألُكَ الصَّبرَ ـ: سَألتَ البَلاءَ ! قُلِ: اللّهُمَّ إنّي أسألُكَ العافِيَةَ ، والشُّكرَ عَلَى العافِيَةِ .

12- Imam Zayn al-Abidin (A) bumped into the shoulder of a man circumambulating the ka`aba saying, ‘O Allah verily I ask You for patience’ , upon which the Imam said, ‘You have asked to be tried! Say instead O Allah verily I ask You for vitality, and for the ability to thank You for my vitality.’ [al-Da`aawat, p. 114, no. 262] 

دُعاءٌ في طَلَبِ العافِيَةِ

Supplications To Ask for Vitality

13ـ الإمامُ الكاظمُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): اللّهُمَّ إنّي أسألُكَ العافِيَةَ ، وأسألُكَ جَميلَ العافِيَةِ ، وأسألُكَ شُكرَ العافِيَةِ ، وأسألُكَ شُكرَ شُكرِ العافِيَةِ .

13- Imam al-Kazim (A) said; ‘O Allah verily I ask You for vitality, and I ask You for gracious vitality, and I ask You for the ability to thank You for vitality, and I ask You for thankfulness for having granted me the ability to thank You for vitality.’ [al-Da`aawat, p. 84, no. 211] 

الضَّنائِنُ

Allah’ s Protégés

14ـ الإمامُ الباقرُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): إنَّ للّه‏ِِ عزَّوجلَّ ضَنائنَ يَضُنُّ بِهِم عَنِ البَلاءِ ، فيُحييهِم في عافِيَةٍ ، ويَرزُقُهُم في عافِيَةٍ ، ويُميتُهُم في عافِيَةٍ ، ويَبعَثُهُم في عافِيَةٍ ، ويُسكِنُهُمُ الجَنَّةَ في عافِيَةٍ.

14- Imam al-Baqir (A) said ‘Verily Allah, Mighty and Exalted, has certain protégés whom He tenaciously guards against tribulation, such that He gives them life through vitality, sustains them with vitality, causes them to die in vitality, resurrects them again in vitality, and makes them dwell in Paradise in vitality.’ [al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 462, no. 1]

Edited by Ali.Isa