Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Khadim uz Zahra

Sean Ali Stone: My Journey To Islam

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thank you for posting this video. I am constantly astonished by Sean Ali Stone. I am proud that he has become a Shia and glad that he is a positive person who wants to spread Islam to all people around the world. There are those who think that we do not need to spread Islam to all people, just let Satan tempt people to commit evil activities until injustice is rampant and then Imam Zaman AJ will return. If we do not want to educate others now, to fight against evil, we will not be able to do so at the return of Imam Mahdi AJ. I agree with him. Educate ourselves and teach what we can to others. My motto is "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." May Allah SWT help us all.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thank you for posting this video. I am constantly astonished by Sean Ali Stone. I am proud that he has become a Shia and glad that he is a positive person who wants to spread Islam to all people around the world. There are those who think that we do not need to spread Islam to all people, just let Satan tempt people to commit evil activities until injustice is rampant and then Imam Zaman AJ will return. If we do not want to educate others now, to fight against evil, we will not be able to do so at the return of Imam Mahdi AJ. I agree with him. Educate ourselves and teach what we can to others. My motto is "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." May Allah SWT help us all.

Salam,

That is a great motto. If more brothers and sisters followed that, I think we would have alot less problems in our communities.

As for the conversion of Br. Sean Ali Stone, I am glad about that. We grew up in the same city and are about the same age (I'm a little older) and were both white male shia reverts (a very small minority within American society) so I can relate to some of what he says. At the same time, if I met him, and he wanted advice, I would probably tell him to spend a few years learning the basics of the religion before he gets up in public and speaks. I know he's in a difficult position, since his father is famous and people expect to hear from him in this way, but I think there is a high potential for him to say something, or many things, that are incorrect and thus lead others astray. There are many who will automatically give him a certain degree of credibility and look up to him because of his background, but I think this is a mistake. I am not doubting his reversion, but I don't think anyone should look up to him or emulate him until he has proven himself thru years of consistent action fe sibilillah (in the way of Allah(s.w.a)) and seeking knowlege from the correct sources. Also, I am wondering why he talks about the 'Evil Empire' while he is speaking at UMAA, an organization which actively recruits for the CIA (the foot soldiers of the 'Evil Empire'.), Maybe he didn't know that they engage in this activity. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this.

Edited by Abu Hadi

(bismillah)

(salam)

Salam,

That is a great motto. If more brothers and sisters followed that, I think we would have alot less problems in our communities.

As for the conversion of Br. Sean Ali Stone, I am glad about that. We grew up in the same city and are about the same age (I'm a little older) and were both white male shia reverts (a very small minority within American society) so I can relate to some of what he says. At the same time, if I met him, and he wanted advice, I would probably tell him to spend a few years learning the basics of the religion before he gets up in public and speaks. I know he's in a difficult position, since his father is famous and people expect to hear from him in this way, but I think there is a high potential for him to say something, or many things, that are incorrect and thus lead others astray. There are many who will automatically give him a certain degree of credibility and look up to him because of his background, but I think this is a mistake. I am not doubting his reversion, but I don't think anyone should look up to him or emulate him until he has proven himself thru years of consistent action fe sibilillah (in the way of Allah(s.w.a)) and seeking knowlege from the correct sources. Also, I am wondering why he talks about the 'Evil Empire' while he is speaking at UMAA, an organization which actively recruits for the CIA (the foot soldiers of the 'Evil Empire'.), Maybe he didn't know that they engage in this activity. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this.

I couldn't find anything wrong in what he said and it was all positive and he did, in fact, not touch on anything very deep and just touched on very general matters and gave a general message that was both enlightening and accurate. Therefore, I was quite impressed for sure.

The UMAA recruits for CIA???? I thought it's an organisation for Shia Muslims, why would they be recruiting for a defense force? Plus, it's not just him who attended, some of out greatest English speakers were there and, if I remember correctly from reading the schedule on their website, one of the Ayatollahs was also scheduled to give a speech (maybe through an internet connection or something...)

Edited by Khadim uz Zahra

(bismillah)

(salam)

I couldn't find anything wrong in what he said and it was all positive and he did, in fact, not touch on anything very deep and just touched on very general matters and gave a general message that was both enlightening and accurate. Therefore, I was quite impressed for sure.

The UMAA recruits for CIA???? I thought it's an organisation for Shia Muslims, why would they be recruiting for a defense force? Plus, it's not just him who attended, some of out greatest English speakers were there and, if I remember correctly from reading the schedule on their website, one of the Ayatollahs was also scheduled to give a speech (maybe through an internet connection or something...)

Abu Hadi is a big supporter of the Muslim Congress (a group that allegedly supports IRI ). You can see him bashing UMAA whenever he can. There wasn't any need for that outburst, especially considering that Sean Ali Stone speaks fondly of his experience about Iran (see his interview with Larry King) and went to great length to defend Iran. Unfortunately, Sean Ali Stone went to the wrong conference this year.

Abu Hadi also doesn't like when ShiaChat advertise UMAA related program on this site even when when those are paid advertisement. He always brings out a decade old story about that neo-con - wolfowitz being invited in the conference. He also bashes UMAA because he thinks the organizers at UMAA is actively allowing the FBI/CIA to recruit Americans Muslims.

He also has pretty strong political views (pro-Iran) which may not be very popular among the American Muslims. So, from time to time, he expresses his frustrations whenever he perceive people with political ideology that differs from him.

This is just an example topic. There are many other topics where he has expresses himself.

The post above by Gypsy has been reported.

Hmm. What to do about a meta discussion about an individual poster's opinions (albeit a Moderator)?

I am inclined to take no action. However I have temporarily unapproved Gypsy's post for the following reason.

If any of the content above is drawn from opinions expressed on the Moderator's board, which is private, its content should not be discussed publicly.

Once it is confirmed that it is not, then I think Gypsy's post should be approved.

Edited by Haji 2003