Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Goku

What's Your Ethnicity?

Rate this topic

Well 20% of pushtuns are shia in Pakistan.

Yeah you are right, Pashtun and Shia don't go together even in our minds and their minds. :lol: LOLZ.........

Yeah. So many Wahhabi fanatics among Pashtuns (not to mention Taliban) that people link the two together.

I have an aunt who is Shia Pashtun.

Thats very interesting. I guess your relation with your neighbors are just like any other within the Pasthun family. They are almost always at war with their neighbors.I much prefer its anti-thesis: the Turkic/Hazara one of peace and co-existence. I am from Dar-e Turkman, little outside Kabul, Luckily we settled tad up north from you guys and among a far more peaceful people. I'd definitely love to visit one day inshallah.

You can't talk to religious fanatics. War and fighting is the only way dealing with Taliban.

And by grace of Allah we have shown them such lessons in these fights that they will never ever repeat that mistake of looking badly toward Shia community. Their defeats will be even enough for their future generations Inshallah.

We are peaceful. Our main land is more peaceful for even outsiders than any place on earth. We have Sikh, Hindu and Christian communities living peacefully with us for generations.

So problem is not being a Pathan, main problem is religious fanaticism and intolerance which luckily we don't have in our controlled area.

Good stuff. Sikhs and Hindus in Afghanistan's Pashtun-only areas have had it real rough just to survive. While in Kabul and other places where non-pushtons are in majority, Sikhs & Hindus are successful traders and equal citizens. They live in upscale neighborhoods and are a vital part of the economy,

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2006/11/22/uk-life-afghan-sikhs-idUKSP13957620061122

Ethnicity wise I'm a Persian fars and a quarter Bakhtiari Lor. I'm from the Iranian cities Tehran, Mashhad and Ahvaz. Well my Gran was raised in Ahvaz but was originally from Ram Hormuz. Country wise I'm originally from Iran...and if I'm feeling exotic I sometimes add Kuwait to that list lool

The world likes to call us kurds, the arabs like to call us spoiled, the Imams (as) liked to call us jinns, and the turks like to call us pests. We like to call ourselves the second strongest race in the world (after the Turks), a black eye to the Arabs, and a mercy to Mankind. What we really are, however, is for time to decide.

400px-Kurdish_Peshmerga_Iraq.GIF

The world likes to call us kurds, the arabs like to call us spoiled, the Imams (as) liked to call us jinns, and the turks like to call us pests. We like to call ourselves the second strongest race in the world (after the Turks), a black eye to the Arabs, and a mercy to Mankind. What we really are, however, is for time to decide.

400px-Kurdish_Peshmerga_Iraq.GIF

Imams called you "jinns" ? :huh:

Imams called you "jinns" ? :huh:

Just a selection of quite a few narrations.

َ قَالَ لِي أَبُو عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع لَا تَشْتَرِ مِنَ السُّودَانِ أَحَداً فَإِنْ كَانَ لَا بُدَّ فَمِنَ النُّوبَةِ فَإِنَّهُمْ مِنَ الَّذِينَ قَالَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَ جَلَّوَ مِنَ الَّذِينَ قالُوا إِنَّا نَصارى‏ أَخَذْنا مِيثاقَهُمْ فَنَسُوا حَظًّا مِمَّا ذُكِّرُوا بِهِ (المائدة : 14 ) أَمَا إِنَّهُمْ سَيَذْكُرُونَ ذَلِكَ الْحَظَّ وَ سَيَخْرُجُ مَعَ الْقَائِمِ ع مِنَّا عِصَابَةٌ مِنْهُمْ وَ لَا تَنْكِحُوا مِنَ الْأَكْرَادِ أَحَداً فَإِنَّهُمْ جِنْسٌ مِنَ الْجِنِّ كُشِفَ عَنْهُمُ الْغِطَاءُ

Aboo ‘Abd Allaah (عليه السلام) said to me: “Do not buy one from Soodaan. Then if it was no escape then from Al-Nawbah. Then, verily they are from the people Allaah (سبحانه و تعالى) said: “And with those who say, We are Christians, We made a covenant, but they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of…” (5:14). But verily they will remember that chance and exit with the Qaa’im (عليه السلام) from us a gang from them and do not marry one from the Kurds. Then verily they are a category from the jinn discover about them the covering.”

Source: Al-Kaafee by Shaykh Kulaynee, vol. 5, pg. 352, h. 2;

Wasaa’il Al-Shee’ah by Shaykh Hurr al-‘Aamilee, vol. 20, pg. 83, h. 25093;

Tafseer Noor al-Thaqalayn by Al-Haweezee, vol. 1, pg. 601

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2010/11/refutation-against-alleged-racist.html

Its actually quite small and we speak pushtoo. We are Turi tribe from turkish. And all are shias.

Turi is not that small community bro,

How we define ourselves in the world depends on which groups we associate ourselves with and where we live, whether or not we make a conscious effort to learn/understand those things. At the end of the day, the multiple set of identities attached to our existence (by accident of birth) have a vital role to play in the development of our worldview.

We are a part of our environment and group not an entity which exist outside/independent of them.

That's what I have been thinking. People are posting nationalities not ethnicites. In some cases they are the same but in other they are not. Is Lebanese an ethnicity? No. Is Pakistani an ethnicity? No. Is Uzbek an ethnicity? Yes (as well as a country - Uzbekistan)

Nice. Quite a few Pashtun Shia in here. Pashtun and Shia - these labels don't usually go together do they.

yes bro, true, but a pashtoon being a shia, is fabulous. a great feeling.