Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

the guy on the left converted to islam as a kid .... and now look at him! scary stuff. u would reckon a person who converts so young is a bit enlightened ......

why do so many reverts join this cult??!!

reverts are meant to be better than most .. born shia!

i am .... perplexed!

The reason is because (speaking as a revert myself) when someone reverts to Islam, especially in the West where they don't know anything about Islam other than what is spoon fed to them by the Zionist controlled media, they have very little good info about Islam and Ahl Al Bayt and are very vulnerable to anyone who guides them initially. Many eventually wake up and find the Sirat Al Mustakeem but some don't.

Second, because most masjids and Shia Ithnain Ashari organizations are designed to serve immigrants from a certain country and the children of those immigrants. They make no effort to reach out to the larger society in which they live. It's not perplexing, but it's sad. The few groups that actually do reach out thru dawa are sucessful in getting reverts, but unfortunately these few groups are the Salafis (with their buckets full of Saudi dinars) and ^ above.

Edited by Abu Hadi

But I also wanted to say that this is changing, albeit very slowly, because of efforts of mostly children of immigrants who are under 25 or so. They are in touch with, and feel a part of both groups and are the hope for the future of Islam in the West. The main problem is that they have no support from the 'shot callers' or leaders of most Shia organizations, who are usually over 50 and first generation immigrants.

it doesnt take a genius to realise clear falsehoods like mr habib

if these people were good & strong enough to revert ... then why cant they see the foolishness of this cult??

if mr habib gives them a community and they got no where else to go ...... then they should do taqiya to him and only pretend to agree with him

but some dont even get his community. for example revert sister ismahan on SC keeps defending mr habib and she aint the only one. so many reverts who never met him .. love him. why? he never provided anything to them. to me these guys are like the sahaba who converted to islam .. but were plastic converts. half cooked but dangerous.

but they are too stubborn. they never see the true way ... we keep trying but to no success.

tell me, in your early years as a revert .. would you fail to see his errors? no. these people are natural extremists.

natural extremist. to coin a phrase.

It really is a mystery for me to know what goes on in the heads of these followers. Knowing that our Imam (as) is aware of this, we should really ask ourselves if the Imam approves of people like Yasser. Can anyone in their right mind even imagine that the Imam would even look at people like Habib?

@Against oneself

you're a munafiq who hate sheikh Yassir b'cos of his beliefs and envy him. I've read enough of your posts to realize that you're a hater for no valid reason, therefore am not gonna write multiple essays to try convince you about him or his approach. you can lie to unsuspecting shiachat members, but I know you enough to call you bluff.

The reason is because (speaking as a revert myself) when someone reverts to Islam, especially in the West where they don't know anything about Islam other than what is spoon fed to them by the Zionist controlled media, they have very little good info about Islam and Ahl Al Bayt and are very vulnerable to anyone who guides them initially. Many eventually wake up and find the Sirat Al Mustakeem but some don't.

Second, because most masjids and Shia Ithnain Ashari organizations are designed to serve immigrants from a certain country and the children of those immigrants. They make no effort to reach out to the larger society in which they live. It's not perplexing, but it's sad. The few groups that actually do reach out thru dawa are sucessful in getting reverts, but unfortunately these few groups are the Salafis (with their buckets full of Saudi dinars) and ^ above.

Keep fooling yourself and others by that. you don't realize that these guys (in the above video) managed to find Shia Islam whereas you and your likes accepted either Arabian or Persian 'shism'. That's the truth you don't want to accept.

I dont like yasser habib because he curses and insults shias and their ulama. he calls them kaffir. thats all ... i dont need to say more.

you are one of the odd reverts who jumped from the pit ... into the hole. from sunni to habibi!!

Since the video is private, can anyone summarize the video? And what's with this Yassir Habib controversy?

That and the fact that Sunnis simply out number Shias in the West.

Edited by covertiman

The video is private, I can't see.

However, as I've said before, although I'm not a fan of Yasser al-Habib, I don't see why Shias need to out of their way to condemn him. What Yasser al-Habib says is nothing compared to the filth and violence that is spewed on Shias by an innumerable amount of Sunnis clerics who are given 24/7 limelight in their own mainstream media. Sunnis have no trouble in staying quiet about these nawasib, so I don't see why Shias need to take on this inferiority complex and make a big deal out of this guy.

Since the video is private, can anyone summarize the video? And what's with this Yassir Habib controversy?

The video was a live program on Fadak TV. The duration was about 1 hour and nine or ten minutes. It was a dialogue between three men in English. The moderator was Brother Yahya. I don't remember the name of the other two guys.

The first twenty minutes was the story about their conversion. This part was extremely interesting. They briefly told their background and how they came to Islam. Their background was pretty interesting – The man with the green headgear had a Persian father and a White father. And he started telling about his upbringing at home and his interaction with friends.

Eventually, both the men decided to be more committed to Islam and told the story of their journey to Islam via the Sunni route. They were pretty young, one of the boys was sixteen when he reverted to Islam.

Then he started telling about his experience becoming the follower of ahl al bayt. The mosque he attended was a Sunni mosque. He was badly treated by the Sunni congregation. They insulted him and they made fun of his faith. They even show extreme hostility to the way he prayed (using turbah). Eventually, the imam of the mosque came to see him and kicked him out from the mosque. The imam of the mosque told him not to attend the mosque.

The other guy told his personal story of how much hatred he had towards the Shia. Initially, he also hated Yassir Habib. One day, deciding that he can't stand Yassir Habib's ill-manners and rudeness, he went to see him personally to vent his anger. He describes his meeting with Yassir Habib. He was surprised to see that Yassir Habib in real life was totally different than the sound bite he was seeing on videos. He describe Yassir Habib as someone who is gentle, who patiently answered his questions.

I didn't see a lot of scary parts in the video. They were about three or more places when the boys openly send lanah towards Abu Bakr and Umar. They also said one more thing that wasn't politically correct. I don't remember at the moment.

There was a lengthy discussions about a number of issue, Sunni hypocrisy, tatbir (personal experience mostly)).

The ending was pretty good. One of the guy said there are about 11 hadiths about Prophet's last sermon; where the Prophet said he is leaving two weighty things for his followers – The Quran and his family. But the Sunnis never ever talk about thess hadiths. Rather they like to talk about the fabricated hadiths where the Prophet supposedly said he is living the Quran and his Sunnah. And this simply to justify the existence of their Sunni sect.

Edited by Gypsy

@Against oneself

you're a munafiq who hate sheikh Yassir b'cos of his beliefs and envy him. I've read enough of your posts to realize that you're a hater for no valid reason, therefore am not gonna write multiple essays to try convince you about him or his approach. you can lie to unsuspecting shiachat members, but I know you enough to call you bluff.

Keep fooling yourself and others by that. you don't realize that these guys (in the above video) managed to find Shia Islam whereas you and your likes accepted either Arabian or Persian 'shism'. That's the truth you don't want to accept.

Can you try and engage in a civil discussion? Otherwise your re-entry into this site will be fairly short-lived.

The video is private, I can't see.

However, as I've said before, although I'm not a fan of Yasser al-Habib, I don't see why Shias need to out of their way to condemn him. What Yasser al-Habib says is nothing compared to the filth and violence that is spewed on Shias by an innumerable amount of Sunnis clerics who are given 24/7 limelight in their own mainstream media. Sunnis have no trouble in staying quiet about these nawasib, so I don't see why Shias need to take on this inferiority complex and make a big deal out of this guy.

thats because you need to see how thing developed

Yassir Alhabeeb was in kuwait with kuwaiti nationality (not any more) almost noon know about him back then despite that he started since then with this attitude , he had been approched by many family memebers from shirazi family that even if what you are discussing is right (not always) there is a time and place for every word

For shia who are being called children of mut'ah(hinting to zena) and majoos (hinting that shiaism is a persian religion) , restraining ourselves from replaying with same low tone was our strenghth , also , us as a group instead of us as yassir vs non yassir fans was one of our strengths

one can show the historical facts without the need to be offensive , one can not convert all wahabis nor this is a game of whos more offinsive nor offenses are guns that after a while you will win a war

offenses are guns towrds you ownself (shia self) in this case

anyways , noon talked about him till he lunched his channel and site ,till wahabis start using his (sweet) lectures to spread hatred and mis informations

even then , shia of the fertile cresent were not keen to take a stand against him , they were not agreeing with his ways but he was and still a shia

they made a move when he talked about Ayisha and that she fornicate , as contrary to shia attitude towrds Ayisha were we respect that prophet was her husband and thus his honor is protected

and because it is a sensitive issue plus it is spreading wrong info , all this drama happened

end results : even steven , just a bubble and drama , as wise men said in the begining of this play " let the batil die by ignoring it "

The video was a live program on Fadak TV. The duration was about 1 hour and nine or ten minutes. It was a dialogue between three men in English. The moderator was Brother Yahya. I don't remember the name of the other two guys.

The first twenty minutes was the story about their conversion. This part was extremely interesting. They briefly told their background and how they came to Islam. Their background was pretty interesting – The man with the green headgear had a Persian father and a White father. And he started telling about his upbringing at home and his interaction with friends.

Eventually, both the men decided to be more committed to Islam and told the story of their journey to Islam via the Sunni route. They were pretty young, one of the boys was sixteen when he reverted to Islam.

Then he started telling about his experience becoming the follower of ahl al bayt. The mosque he attended was a Sunni mosque. He was badly treated by the Sunni congregation. They insulted him and they made fun of his faith. They even show extreme hostility to the way he prayed (using turbah). Eventually, the imam of the mosque came to see him and kicked him out from the mosque. The imam of the mosque told him not to attend the mosque.

The other guy told his personal story of how much hatred he had towards the Shia. Initially, he also hated Yassir Habib. One day, deciding that he can't stand Yassir Habib's ill-manners and rudeness, he went to see him personally to vent his anger. He describes his meeting with Yassir Habib. He was surprised to see that Yassir Habib in real life was totally different than the sound bite he was seeing on videos. He describe Yassir Habib as someone who is gentle, who patiently answered his questions.

I didn't see a lot of scary parts in the video. They were about three or more places when the boys openly send lanah towards Abu Bakr and Umar. They also said one more thing that wasn't politically correct. I don't remember at the moment.

There was a lengthy discussions about a number of issue, Sunni hypocrisy, tatbir (personal experience mostly)).

The ending was pretty good. One of the guy said there are about 11 hadiths about Prophet's last sermon; where the Prophet said he is leaving two weighty things for his followers – The Quran and his family. But the Sunnis never ever talk about thess hadiths. Rather they like to talk about the fabricated hadiths where the Prophet supposedly said he is living the Quran and his Sunnah. And this simply to justify the existence of their Sunni sect.

Thanks for the summary!

thats because you need to see how thing developed

Yassir Alhabeeb was in kuwait with kuwaiti nationality (not any more) almost noon know about him back then despite that he started since then with this attitude , he had been approched by many family memebers from shirazi family that even if what you are discussing is right (not always) there is a time and place for every word

For shia who are being called children of mut'ah(hinting to zena) and majoos (hinting that shiaism is a persian religion) , restraining ourselves from replaying with same low tone was our strenghth , also , us as a group instead of us as yassir vs non yassir fans was one of our strengths

one can show the historical facts without the need to be offensive , one can not convert all wahabis nor this is a game of whos more offinsive nor offenses are guns that after a while you will win a war

offenses are guns towrds you ownself (shia self) in this case

anyways , noon talked about him till he lunched his channel and site ,till wahabis start using his (sweet) lectures to spread hatred and mis informations

even then , shia of the fertile cresent were not keen to take a stand against him , they were not agreeing with his ways but he was and still a shia

they made a move when he talked about Ayisha and that she fornicate , as contrary to shia attitude towrds Ayisha were we respect that prophet was her husband and thus his honor is protected

and because it is a sensitive issue plus it is spreading wrong info , all this drama happened

end results : even steven , just a bubble and drama , as wise men said in the begining of this play " let the batil die by ignoring it "

Salam bro/sis

Can you please fix your English? It's very difficult to make out what you are saying (I say this as I'm interested to know exactly what you are saying given that you know more about this individual than I do).

Anyways, another point I wanted to make was that although al-Habib is wrong in my opinion, we should also consider the fact that his extremism is the product of this current aggressive and violent form of Sunnism that we have today (which has also existed in the past in different shapes and forms). Notice how some kids flip out and go crazy after years of abuse and bullying in school. Who are you really going to blame, the traumatized kid who just had enough and flipped out, or the bullies and school administrators who turned a blind eye? Notice here that the answer is not easy and we can't make hasty judgments.

Edited by Hannibal

Salam bro/sis Can you please fix your English? It's very difficult to make out what you are saying (I say this as I'm interested to know exactly what you are saying given that you know more about this individual than I do). Anyways, another point I wanted to make was that although al-Habib is wrong in my opinion, we should also consider the fact that his extremism is the product of this current aggressive and violent form of Sunnism that we have today (which has also existed in the past in different shapes and forms). Notice how some kids flip out and go crazy after years of abuse and bullying in school. Who are you really going to blame, the traumatized kid who just had enough and flipped out, or the bullies and school administrators who turned a blind eye? Notice here that the answer is not easy and we can't make hasty judgments.

Basically to understand the negative and aggressive reaction that Yassir Al habeeb is receiving from fellow shia brethrens , you need to understand where and when the chronology of events had started

The first spark of aggression against him started at his own country in Kuwait 2004 . He was sentenced 10 years in prison then he was stripped off his nationality .He did not spent 10 years though , he was released after 3 months .

The first reaction from Shia side against Yassir al habeeb (or first noteable one) was after the wide spread of his speeches though the wahabi sites and channels.

At that time he was already living in UK , enjoying the security and freedom of speech .

But back at his home , gulf shia found themselves in defensive position ,the most uncomfortable one .

They had to defend their own belief that prophet's wives are not to be accused by adultery , it dose not matter how bad they were , it dose not matter if they were kaffir or momins.

At the same time , they found themselves in need to clarify their belief in Aiysha herself as an outlaw and rebel against Imam Ali

This whole drama was a needless fuel for hatred against shia , when i say needless i dont say hatred didnt exist , but this was just needless, shiaism was in lead already , was scoring against the salafist blood shedding peacefully , when i say peacefully i say it with pride ,we are not fitna mongers , we dont seek hatred from other people to justify our victimization mentality or to counteract it.

one need to weight what they say , when to say how and to whome he say it

I dont like yasser habib because he curses and insults shias and their ulama. he calls them kaffir. thats all ... i dont need to say more.

you are one of the odd reverts who jumped from the pit ... into the hole. from sunni to habibi!!

I don't know whether you're pretending or just a plain ignorant, either way you need to get your facts straight when talking to sane people. List one shia scholar Sheikh Yassir curse or call kafir? He only speaks out against the batris and their 'scholars', do you even know the difference?

Can you try and engage in a civil discussion? Otherwise your re-entry into this site will be fairly short-lived.

I've heard that b4 and I understood it, what did I do wrong this time? to enter into a discussion or not is down to the individual but can't one give their honest opinions anymore?

Edited by Ismahan007

Notice how some kids flip out and go crazy after years of abuse and bullying in school. Who are you really going to blame, the traumatized kid who just had enough and flipped out, or the bullies and school administrators who turned a blind eye?

yasser wasnt bullied by anyone nor were u. assume he was ... then does that explain the cursing and insulting of shia alims? why r are u guys obsessed with what he says about sunni leaders, look at what he says about shias first!!

From his website q/a;

qs; Is it OK for me to pray behind an Imam who does taqlid of the leader of the criminals, Umar Khamenei?

Answer; Thats impermissible because the Imam is not Adil (just).

http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=504

Yes, ardent fanatic.

You cant do taqlid of Ayat. Makarem Shirazi either: http://www.alqatrah....dex.php?id=1025

Shaheed Mutahari is corrupt: http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=983

Ayatollah Bahjat [r] is corrupt: http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=937

Ayatollah Kathim alHa'eri is not just and therefore you cant do taqlid of him: http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=881

Strangely doesnt like Montazeri either: http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=993

Imad Mughneih wasnt a martyr: http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=804

Sheikh AlWa'eli [r] was corrupt: http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=796

Sayid Muhammad Baqir Sadr was corrupt, and Sayid Muhammad Sadiq Sadr was questionable: http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=796

He doesnt like Sayid Nasrallah and Hezbollah: http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=564

Sayid Fathil Lankarani [r] was corrupt: http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=328

Ayatollah Khamene'i isnt a mujtahid and isnt just. Same goes for Sayid Fathlallah: http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=774

Sayid Kamal alHaidery and Sheikh Ja'far Subhani are questionable: http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=969

As is Sheikh Abdul Hamid Najdi: http://www.alqatrah....ndex.php?id=964

There were many others that I havent heard of, and if I continue reading Im sure I'll find more that are eminent Ulema.

In a nutshell:

He says that Sayed Hadi Modaressi seeks to destroy islam because he is the one who met Sayed Fadlallah (the one who died last year) and the images of this meeting reflected the very joy and harmony between them. This is a problem because on online forums this makes Fadlullah look good and shine in front of people's eyes, since he is meeting a well known ayatollah.

Yasser Habib basically says that Sayed hadi modarresi is getting along with a Misguided person such as Fadlallah, which is "political hypocrisy", and then he gives hadeeth from the prophet (sawa) who says: "one who smiles in the face of an innovator has called upon the destruction of his religion" ...and one from Imam Sadiq : "But they did not enter their places, nor sit in their councils, but when they met them , laughed in their faces and forget them!"...basically saying that Fadlullah was an innovator with deviant beliefs...

I don't know what to think..., anyone?

1) Sheikh al-Yaqoobi will burn in Hell, for making a Fatwa without knowledge (i.e. for making Tatbir Haraam).

2) Sheikh al-Yaqoobi is a corrupt and fake marji3, and anyone who follows him and thinks he's a marji3 is Jahil (ignorant).