Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
muhibb-ali

Status & Authority Of Ahlebait (as) From Quran

Rate this topic

It seems that since the shia cannot find their doctrine of Imama anywhere in the Quran that they now resort to "Esoteric Interpretation".

[We sent them] with clear proofs and written ordinances. And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought. 16:44
And We have not revealed to you the Book, [O Muhammad], except for you to make clear to them that wherein they have differed and as guidance and mercy for a people who believe. 16:64

The Quran is clear that the revelation came to Muhammad and that it was his task to make it clear for the people, no where in the Quran does it that the Propets task was to pass on "esoteric" interpretation to his offspring and that it would be their task to explain to the people. In light of this alone all of these esoteric narrations attributed to Jaafar ibn Muhammad are to be rejected. Such as the nonsense that the alif in Allah stands for blessing of the wilaya

It seems that since the shia cannot find their doctrine of Imama anywhere in the Quran that they now resort to "Esoteric Interpretation".

[We sent them] with clear proofs and written ordinances. And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought. 16:44
And We have not revealed to you the Book, [O Muhammad], except for you to make clear to them that wherein they have differed and as guidance and mercy for a people who believe. 16:64

Thank you for providing further evidence that Shias believe in finality of prophethood and that Imamah and Risalah are two different things.

Chapter: 19, Verse: 96:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ سَيَجْعَلُ لَهُمُ الرَّحْمَٰنُ وُدًّا 

"Indeed those who believed and did good deeds, the Most Gracious (Allah) will  bestow love/affection for them" (19:96)

حدثنا جعفر بن أحمد عن عبيد الله (عبد الله ط) بن موسى عن الحسن بن علي بن أبي حمزة عن أبيه عن أبي بصير عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام في قوله (ان الذين آمنوا وعملوا الصالحات سيجعل لهم الرحمن ودا) قال: ولاية أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام هي الود الذي ذكره الله

Narrated Jafar bin Ahmad bin Ubaidullah bin Moosa, from al-Hasan bin Ali bin Abi Hamzah, from his father, from Abu Baseer, from Aba Abdillah Imam Sadiq (as) regarding the saying of Allah "Indeed those who believed and did good deeds, the Most Gracious (Allah) will  bestow love/affection for them" (19:96).

Imam (as) said, "Wilayah of Amir al-Momineen (as) is the affection/love that Allah mentioned."

[source: Tafseer al-Qummi, Vol. 2, Pg. 57 / al-Kafi, Vol. 1, Pg. 357]

[This narration indicates that both belief and good deeds are required to get the Wilayah of Imam Ali (as)]

Edited by muhibb-ali

Chapter: 8, Verse: 11 - Purification of the hearts through Love of Imam Ali (as)

Narrated from Jabir from Abi Abdillah Imam Baqir (as):

"I asked Imam Baqir (as) about the Baatin (inner or secret meaning) of this verse,

"And he caused rain to descend on you from sky, to clean you with it and to remove from you the evil of Satan, to strengthen your hearts, and to establish your feet firmly." [8:11]

Imam (as) said, "The sky in the Baatin (inner or secret meaning) is the Prophet (saww), and the rain is Ali (as) and Allah made Imam Ali (as) from the Prophet (saww) and that is the saying of Allah, "(descended) the rain to clean you with it" and that is Ali (as), Allah purifies the hearts of those who Love Him. And regarding the saying of Allah, "And to remove from you the evil of Satan", The one who loves Ali (as), the evil is removed from him and his heart is strengthened. And the saying of Allah, "And to strengthen your hearts and establish your feet firmly", verily that is Ali (as), the one who loves Ali (as), Allah strengthens his heart through Ali (as) and establishes him upon His Wilayat."

[source: Tafseer al-Ayyashi, Vol. 2, Pg. 50, Hadees. 25 & Tafseer-e-Furat, Pg. 153, Hadees. 190]

عن جابر عن أبي عبد الله جعفر بن محمد ع قال سألته عن هذه الآية في البطن «وَ يُنَزِّلُ عَلَيْكُمْ مِنَ السَّماءِ ماءً- لِيُطَهِّرَكُمْ بِهِ وَ يُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمْ رِجْزَ الشَّيْطانِ وَ لِيَرْبِطَ عَلى قُلُوبِكُمْ- وَ يُثَبِّتَ بِهِ الْأَقْدامَ» قال: السماء في الباطن رسول الله، و الماء علي ع جعل الله عليا من رسول الله ص فذلك قوله: «ماءً لِيُطَهِّرَكُمْ بِهِ فذلك علي يطهر الله به قلب من والاه، و أما قوله: «وَ يُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمْ رِجْزَ الشَّيْطانِ» من والى عليا يذهب الرجز عنه، و يقوى قلبه و «لِيَرْبِطَ عَلى قُلُوبِكُمْ وَ يُثَبِّتَ بِهِ الْأَقْدامَ» فإنه يعني عليا، من والى عليا يربط الله على قلبه بعلي فثبت على ولايته

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/tafseer/8-al-anfal

Beautiful narration brother. 

hapter. 22, Verse. 52-55: Abu Bakr and Umar are inspirations of Satan and Allah nullifies them by Imam Ali (as)

فانّه روي عن أبي عبد اللَّه عليه السلام انّ رسول اللَّه صلّى اللَّه عليه و آله اصابه خصاصة فجاء الى رجل من الأنصار فقال له هل عندك من طعام قال نعم يا رسول اللَّه و ذبح له عناقاً و شواه فلمّا أدناه منه تمنّى رسول اللَّه صلّى اللَّه عليه و آله ان يكون معه عليّ و فاطمة و الحسن و الحسين عليهم السلام فجاء ابو بكر و عمر ثمّ جاء عليّ بعدهما فأنزل اللَّه عزّ و جلّ في ذلك وَ ما أَرْسَلْنا مِنْ قَبْلِكَ مِنْ رَسُولٍ وَ لا نَبِيٍّ وَ لا مُحَدّثٍ إِلَّا إِذا تَمَنَّى أَلْقَى الشَّيْطانُ فِي أُمْنِيَّتِهِ يعني أبا بكر و عمر فَيَنْسَخُ اللَّهُ ما يُلْقِي الشَّيْطانُ يعني لمّا جاء عليّ عليه السلام بعدهما ثُمَّ يُحْكِمُ اللَّهُ آياتِهِ لِلنّاسِ يعني ينصر اللّه امير المؤمنين عليه السلام‏

لِيَجْعَلَ ما يُلْقِي الشَّيْطانُ فِتْنَةً قال يعني فلاناً و فلاناً.  لِلَّذِينَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ مَرَضٌ قال شك‏

وَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَهادِ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِلى‏ صِراطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ يعني الى الإِمام المستقيم‏

ثم قال: وَ لا يَزالُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا فِي مِرْيَةٍ مِنْهُ أي في شك من أمير المؤمنين ع‏

Abu Abdillah Imam Sadiq (as) said:

"Once the Holy Prophet (saww) felt hungry and he came to a man from ansar's and said to him, 'Do you have any food?' 

The man said, 'Yes O' Messenger of Allah'. And he slaughtered a she goat and roasted/grilled it. When he came with it, the Prophet (saww) desired that Ali (as), Fatema (sa), Hasan (as) and Husain (as) would be with him. Then Abu Bakr and Umar came to the Prophet (saww) and after them Imam Ali (as) came to the Prophet (saww)."

Then Allah revealed regarding this,

"And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet, but when he desired, the Shaitan made a suggestion respecting his desire [22:52]" -  meaning Abu Bakr and Umar.

"But Allah annuls that which the Shaitan casts [22:52]"  - referring to Imam Ali (as) who came after Abu Bakr and Umar came. 

"Then does Allah establish His communications [22:52]" - meaning Allah helps Amir al Momineen (as).

"So that He may make what the Shaitan casts a trial [22:53]" - meaning Fulan & Fulan (Abu Bakr and Umar).

"for those in whose hearts is disease [22:53]" - meaning doubt. 

"And most surely Allah is the Guide of those who believe into a straight path [22:54]" - meaning towards the straight (rightful) Imam.

"And those who disbelieve shall not cease to be in doubt concerning it [22:55]" - meaning doubting in Amir al-Momineen (as).

[source: Tafseer al-Qummi, Vol. 2, Pg. 81-82]

Edited by muhibb-ali

Chapter. 72, Verse. 13, 21-24: Wilayat is the guidance and those who don't follow it are in hell

محمد بن يعقوب: عن علي بن محمد، عن بعض أصحابنا، عن ابن محبوب، عن محمد بن الفضيل، عن أبي الحسن الماضي (عليه السلام)، قال: قلت: قوله: أَنَّا لَمَّا سَمِعْنَا الْهُدى‏ آمَنَّا بِهِ‏ قال: «الهدى: الولاية، آمنا بمولانا فمن آمن بولاية مولاه فلا يخاف بخسا ولا رهقا». قلت: تنزيل؟ قال: «لا، تأويل».

قلت: قوله: لا أَمْلِكُ لَكُمْ ضَرًّا وَلا رَشَداً . قال: «إن رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله) دعا الناس إلى ولاية علي (عليه السلام)، فاجتمعت إليه قريش، فقالوا: يا محمد، أعفنا من هذا. فقال لهم رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله): هذا إلى الله ليس إلي. فاتهموه وخرجوا من عنده، فأنزل الله: قُلْ إِنِّي لا أَمْلِكُ لَكُمْ ضَرًّا وَلا رَشَداً* قُلْ إِنِّي لَنْ يُجِيرَنِي مِنَ اللَّهِ‏ (١) أَحَدٌ وَلَنْ أَجِدَ مِنْ دُونِهِ مُلْتَحَداً* إِلَّا بَلاغاً مِنَ اللَّهِ وَرِسالاتِهِ ‏في علي». قلت: هذا تنزيل؟ قال: «نعم، ثم قال توكيدا: وَمَنْ يَعْصِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ‏ في ولاية علي‏ فَإِنَّ لَهُ نارَ جَهَنَّمَ خالِدِينَ فِيها أَبَداً ».

قلت: حَتَّى إِذا رَأَوْا ما يُوعَدُونَ فَسَيَعْلَمُونَ مَنْ أَضْعَفُ ناصِراً وَأَقَلُّ عَدَداً (٢) : «يعني بذلك القائم (عليه السلام) وأنصاره

I (the narrator) then asked the Imam Moosa Kazim (as), about the words of Allah: 'Now that we have listened to the guidance, we believe in it. . . . (72:13) The Imam said, ‘Guidance is Wilayah of Ali (as).

"We believe in Wilayah of our Master/gaurdian (Maula) and those who belief in the Wilayah of their Master does not fear loss or oppression."

"I then asked the Imam, 'Is it (the words of the Imam) the revealed words of Allah?’ He (the Imam) said, 'No, it is interpretation.'

"I then asked him about the words of Allah: 'Say, I do not possess any power to harm or benefit you.’ (72:21) The Imam said, ‘The Messenger of Allah called people to accept the Wilayah of Ali (as). Quraysh came to him and said, "O Muhammad, absolve us (keep us free) from this (wilayah)." The Messenger of Allah said, "It is not from me but it is up to Allah." They accused him and left him. Allah then revealed this reading: "Say, 'I do not possess any power to harm or benefit you." (72:21) "Say, 'No one can protect me from Allah, [if I disobey Him] nor can I find any place of refuge but with Him (72:22). My only (means of protection) is to convey the message of Allah." (72:23), about Ali (as)."

"I then asked, 'Is it the revealed words of Allah?' He (the Imam) said, 'Yes, it is the revealed word of Allah.' Allah has, to place more emphasis, said, 'whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger [in the matters of Wilayah of Ali (as)] is doomed to hell, wherein he will live forever.’ (72:23)

"I then read the words of Allah: '. . . until the unbelievers witness that with which they have been warned. They will then know whose helpers are weaker and fewer in number." (72:24), by that it means al-Qaim (atfs) and his helpers."

(part of a lengthy narration)

[Source: al-Kafi, Vol. 1, Pg. 434]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/tafseer/072

Edited by muhibb-ali

Chapter. 99, Verse. 1-4 - Imam Ali (as) speaking to the Earth

بهذا الاسناد عن محمد بن أحمد قال: حدثنا أبو عبد الله الرازي عن أحمد بن محمد بن نصر عن روح بن صالح عن هارون بن خارجة رفعه عن فاطمة عليها السلام قالت: اصاب الناس زلزلة على عهد أبي بكر ففزع الناس إلى ابي بكر وعمر فودوهما قد خرجا فزعين إلى علي (ع) فتبعهما الناس إلى ان انتهوا إلى باب علي (ع) فخرج إليهم علي عليه السلام غير مكترث لما هم فيه فمضى واتبعه الناس حتى انتهى إلى تلعة، فقعد عليها وقعدوا حوله وهم ينظرون إلى حيطان المدينة ترتج جائية وذاهبة، فقال لهم علي (ع): كانكم قد هالكم ما ترون قالوا: وكيف لا يهولنا ولم نر مثلها قط قالت فحرك شفتيه، ثم ضرب الارض بيده، ثم قال: مالك اسكني فسكنت، فعجبوا من ذلك أكثر من تعجبهم اولا حيث خرج إليهم، قال لهم: فانكم قد عجبتم من صنعتي؟ قالوا: نعم، قال انا الرجل الذي قال الله: (إذا زلزلت الارض زلزالها واخرجت الارض اثقالها وقال (الانسان مالها) فانا الانسان الذي يقول لها مالك (يومئذ تحدث أخبارها) اياي تحدث

It has been narrated from Syeda Fatima al Zahra (sa),

She said; "The people were struck by an earthquake during the era of Abu Bakr, so they panicked and went to Abu Bakr and Umar. They found the two of them to have gone out terrified, to Imam Ali (as). So the people followed the two of them until they ended up at the door of Imam Ali (as).

Imam Ali (as) came out to them, completely indifferent to the state they were in. So he went and they followed him until they ended up at a raised ground. He (as) sat down upon it, and they all seated themselves around him, and they were looking around at the wall of the city which, were shaking.

So Mola Ali (a.s) said to them: "It is as if you are all shocked at what you are seeing’. They said, "And how can we not be terrified and we have never seen the like of it at all!". Imam Ali (a.s) moved his lips, then placed his hand upon the ground and said: "What is the matter with you? Calm down!" So it calmed down.

They were all more astounded at that, than what they were when they first went out to him. He said to them: "So you are all astounded from what I have done?" They said, "Yes". He said: "I am the man for whom Allah (swt) said:

When the earth is shaken with her (violent) shaking. (99:1)
And the earth brings forth her burdens. (99:2)
And man says: What is the matter with her? (99:3)
So I am that man who says to her (Earth): ‘What is the matter with you?
On that day she shall tell her news, it is I who she (the earth) will be narrating the news of".

[Source: Illal Al Sharaiyah. Vol. 2, Pg. 557, Hadith. 8]

Chapter: 23, Verse: 60 - Fear of falling short (being Muqassireen) in the love and obedience of AhlulBait (as)

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، وعلي بن محمد القاساني، جميعا، عن القاسم بن محمد عن سليمان المنقري، عن حفص بن غياث قال سمعت أبا عبد الله يقول: إن قدرت أن لا تعرف فافعل وما عليك ألا يثني عليك الناس وما عليك أن تكون مذموما عند الناس إذا كنت محمودا عند الله، ثم قال: قال أبي علي بن أبي طالب (عليه السلام)
لا خير في العيش إلا لرجلين رجل يزداد كل يوم خيرا ورجل يتدارك منيته بالتوبة وأنى له بالتوبة والله لو سجد حتى ينقطع عنقه ما قبل الله تبارك وتعالى منه إلا بولايتنا أهل البيت، ألا ومن عرف حقنا ورجا الثواب فينا ورضي بقوته نصف مد في كل يوم وما ستر عورته وما أكن رأسه وهم والله في ذلك خائفون وجلون ودوا أنه حظهم من الدنيا وكذلك وصفهم الله عز وجل فقال: " والذين يؤتون ما آتوا وقلوبهم وجلة أنهم إلى ربهم راجعون" ثم قال: ما الذي آتوا؟ آتوا والله مع الطاعة المحبة والولاية وهم في ذلك خائفون، ليس خوفهم خوف شك ولكنهم خافوا أن يكونوا مقصرين في محبتنا وطاعتنا

Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father and Ali ibn Muhammad al-Qasani have all narrated from al-Qasim ibn Muhammad from Sulayman al-Minqari from Hafs ibn Ghiyath who has said the following: Once I heard Abu Abd Allah Imam Sadiq (as) saying, 

"If you can remain unknown, then do so. There will be nothing wrong if people will not praise you. There is nothing wrong for you if people criticize/rebuke you as long as you are praiseworthy near (in sight of) Allah (swt)."

The Imam (as) said, "My father Amir al-Muminin, Ali ibn abu Talib (as) has said, "There is nothing good in life except for two kinds of people: a man who every day increases his good deeds and a man who every day makes correct a bad deed (desire) with repentance.

How can for him be repentence (Tawbah)? By Allah, if he would perform a Sajdah prostration for such a length of time that his neck cuts off from his body, still Allah (swt) will not accept his repentance without his acknowledgement of the Wilayah (Divine Authority) of Ahl al-Bayt (as). 

Truly! Whoever recognizes our rights and has hope for rewards because of us. He agrees, for his survival, to half of a one time meal every day, and with that which provides him covering for his privacy, his or her head, and with it, by Allah, they live in fear and apprehension and love to agree with this much as their share from the world and this is how Allah, the Majestic, the Glorious, has described them, "Those who bring what they bring and whose hearts are afraid of their return to their Lord." (23:60)

Imam (as) said, "What do they bring? They, by Allah, will bring along with obedience, love and Wilayat [of AhlulBait (as)] and they still will be afraid. Their fear is not due to doubts, but it is due to their fear of falling short (being Muqassireen) in our love and obedience."

[Source: al-Kafi, Vol. 2, Pg. 456-457]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/tafseer/023

Chapter: 71, Verse 28 - Entering into the house of the Prophet (saww)

محمد بن يعقوب: عن عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى، عن ابن فضال، عن المفضل بن صالح، عن محمد بن علي الحلبي، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) ، في قوله عز وجل: رَبِّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوالِدَيَّ وَلِمَنْ دَخَلَ بَيْتِيَ مُؤْمِناً : «إنما يعني الولاية، من دخل في الولاية دخل في بيت الأنبياء (عليهم السلام)، وقوله تعالى: إِنَّما يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيراً (٣) يعني الأئمة (عليهم السلام) وولايتهم، من دخل فيها دخل في بيت النبي (صلى الله عليه وآله)

A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Isa from ibn Faddal from al-Mufaddal ibn Salih from Muhammad ibn Ali al-Halabi;

From Aba  Abd Allah Imam Sadiq (as), who has said the following:

"About the words of Allah, the Most Majestic, and the Most Gracious, "Lord, forgive me, my parents, the believers who have entered my home believing" [71:28],  the Imam (as) said, It means Wilayah (leadership with divine authority). Whoever enters into (accepts) Wilayah has entered the home of the prophets (as).

And the saying of Allah (as), "People of the house, Allah wants to remove all kinds of uncleanliness from you and to purify you thoroughly."[33:33] It means the Imam's (as) and their Wilayah. Whoever enters into (accepts) the Wilayah,  has entered the house of the Holy Prophet (saww)"

[Source: al-Kafi, Vol. 1, Pg. 423]

There are (mutuwatir) hadiths that say ""Did we not spread/widen your heart...." "by Ali".

Aside from this message being verified in Quran from other Surahs if we see all the paraphrasing of Quran of Aeron station with Moses, if we go to the Surah itself, it would be saying both Mohammad and Ali are the name of God. 

"By the name of God...." refers to "by Ali" in the first few verses in that Surah, then it states the remembrance of Mohammad has been risen through that..which shows it is Mohammad as well.

With peace (Ma'asalama)

Edited by LinkZelda

Chapter: 41, Verse. 6-7 - Shirk in Imamah

خبرنا احمد بن ادريس عن احمد بن محمد عن ابن محبوب عن أبي جميل (جميلة ط) عن أبان بن تغلب قال قال لي ابوعبدالله عليه السلام: يا أبان أترى ان الله عزوجل طلب من المشركين زكاة أموالهم وهم يشركون به حيث يقول: " وويل للمشركين الذين لا يؤتون الزكوة وهم بالآخرة هم كافرون " قلت له: كيف ذلك جعلت فداك فسره لي؟ فقال ويل للمشركين الذين أشركوا بالامام الاول وهم بالائمة الآخرين كافرون، يا أبان إنما دعا الله العباد إلى الايمان به فاذا آمنوا بالله وبرسوله افترض عليهم الفرايض

Narrated by Aban bin Tuglub;

Abu Abdillah Imam Sadiq (as) said to me, 

"O' Aban, do you think that Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì has asked the Mushrikeen for Zakat of their wealth while they are doing shirk; when He says, "And Woe be upon the Mushrikeen who do not give Zakat and do not believe in the hearafter" (41:6-7)

I said, "How is that, May I be sacrificed for you, explain it to me."

Imam (as) said, "Woe upon the Mushrikeen, those who associate others with the first Imam [referring to Imam Ali (as)] and they are those who deny the other Imam's (as).  O'Aban, Indeed, Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì calls the servants towards belief, then when they believe in Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì and His Prophet (saww) then the obligations are obligated upon them."

[Source: Tafseer-e-Qummi, Vol. 2, Pg. 262]

Chapter: 39 Verse: 53 - Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى will forgive the Sins of the Shia's only:

حدثنا جعفر بن محمد قال: حدثنا عبدالكريم عن محمد بن علي عن محمد ابن الفضيل عن ابي حمزة قال قال ابوجعفر (عليه السلام): لا يعذر الله يوم القيامة احدا يقول: يا رب لم اعلم ان ولد فاطمة (عليها السلام) هم الولاة على الناس كافة، وفي شيعة ولد فاطمة انزل الله هذه الآية خاصة " يا عبادي الذين أسرفوا على أنفسهم لا تقنطوا من رحمة الله "

Abu Jafar Imam Mohammad Baqir (as) said, 

"Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى will not excuse/pardon any one on the day of Qiyamah who says, "O My Lord, I did not know that the children of Fatemah (sa) were the masters over all the people."
And its specifically regarding the Shia's of the children of Fatemah (sa) that Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى revealed this verse, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah ..." (39:53)

[Source: Tafseer al-Qummi, Vol. 2, Pg. 250]

Chapter: 78, Verse: 40 - Why Imam Ali (as) is called 'Abu Turaab' ???

But, what is reliable with regards to that, is what was narrated to me (Shaikh Sadooq) by - Ahmad Bin Al-Hassan Al-Qataan, from Abu Al-Abbas Ahmad Bin Yahya Bin Zakariya, from Bakr Bin Abdullah Bin Habeeb, from Tameem Bin Bahloul, from his father, from Abu Al-Hassan Al-Abdy, from Suleyman Bin Mahran, from Abaya Bin Rabi’e who said:

"I said to Abdullah Bin Ibn Abbas, ‘Why did Rasool-Allah (saww) give Ali (as) the name "Abu Turaab"?
He said, ‘Because He is the Master of the earth, and Proof of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى over its people after Him, and due to Him is its existence and its at peace due to Him. And I heard the Rasool-Allah (saww) saying: ‘When it will be the Day of Judgement, and the Infidel would see what Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has Prepared for the Shiah of Ali (as), from the Rewards and the Nearness, and the Prestige, he would say O! I wish I were dust! i.e., from the Shiah of Ali (as) and that is in the Words of Allah the Mighty and Majestic "and the unbeliever shall say: O! I wish I were dust!" (78:40)

لكني اعتمد في ذلك على ما حدثني به احمد بن الحسن القطان قال: حدثنا أبو العباس احمد بن يحيى بن زكريا قال: حدثنا بكر بن عبد الله بن حبيب قال: حدثنا تميم بن بهلول، عن ابيه قال: حدثنا أبو الحسن العبدي، عن سليمان بن مهران عن عباية ابن ربعي قال: قلت لعبدالله بن عباس، لم كنى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله عليا عليه السلام أبا تراب؟ قال لانه صاحب الارض وحجة الله على أهلها بعده وبه بقاؤها واليه سكونها ولقد سمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله يقول: انه إذا كان يوم القيامة ورأى الكافر ما أعد الله تبارك وتعالى لشيعة علي من الثواب والزلفى والكرامة قال يا ليتني كنت ترابا - يعني من شيعة علي - وذلك قول الله عزوجل: (ويقول الكافر ياليتني كنت ترابا)

[Source: Elal al-Sharae, Vol. 1, Pg. 156]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/tafseer/78

https://t.me/KnowTheAhlulbayt

Chapter: 3, Verse: 157 - The path/cause of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى

أبي رحمه‌الله قال : حدثنا سعد بن عبد الله ، عن محمد بن الحسين عن محمد بن سنان ، عن عمار بن مروان ، عن المنخل ، عن جابر ، عن أبي جعفر عليه‌السلام قال : سألته عن هذه الآية في قول الله عزوجل : « ولئن قتلتم في سبيل الله أو متم » قال : فقال : أتدري ما سبيل الله؟ قال : قلت : لا والله إلا أن أسمعه منك. قال : سبيل الله [ هو ] علي عليه‌السلام وذريته ، [ وسبيل الله ] من قتل في ولايته قتل في سبيل الله ، ومن مات في ولايته مات في سبيل الله

From Abi Jafar Imam Mohammad Baqir (as):

I asked the Imam about the saying of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, "And if you are killed in the path (sabeel) of Allah or you die" (3:157)
Imam (as) said, "Do you understand what is the path of Allah (swt)"?
I (narrator) said, "No, By Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى!, untill I hear it from You".
Imam (as) said, "Path of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is Ali (as) and His Progeny (as). And whoever is killed in the Wilayah of Imam Ali (as) is the one killed in the path of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and the one who dies in his Wilayah is the one who dies in the path of Allah (swt)"

[Source: Ma'ani al-Akhbar, Shaikh Sadooq, Pg. 167]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/tafseer/3

Join & Share: https://t.me/KnowTheAhlulbayt
Edited by muhibb-ali

Chapter: 17, Verse: 9 - Quran guides to the Imam (as)!

حدثنا أحمد بن محمد بن عبد الرحمن المقري ، قال : حدثنا أبو عمرو محمد بن جعفر المقري الجرجاني ، قال ، : حدثنا أبو بكر محمد بن الحسن الموصلي ببغداد ، قال : حدثنا محمد ابن عاصم الطريفي ، قال : حدثنا عباس بن يزيد بن الحسن الكحال مولى زيد بن علي ، قال : حدثني أبي ، قال : حدثني موسى بن جعفر ، عن أبيه جعفر بن محمد ، عن أبيه محمد بن علي ، عن أبيه علي بن الحسين عليهم‌السلام ، قال : الامام منا لا يكون إلا معصوما وليست العصمة في ظاهر الخلقة فيعرف بها ولذلك لا يكون إلا منصوصا. فقيل له : يا ابن رسول الله فما معنى المعصوم؟ فقال : هو المعتصم بحبل الله ، وحبل الله هو القرآن لا يفترقان إلى يوم القيامة ، والامام يهدي إلى القرآن والقرآن يهدي إلى الامام ، وذلك قول الله عزوجل : « إن هذا القرآن يهدي للتي هي أقوم

Narrated Musa bin Jafar (as), from His father Jafar bin Mohammad (as) from His father Mohammad bin Ali (as), from His father Ali bin al-Husain (as), that the Imam (as) said,

"The Imam from Us is not but Infallible (Ma'soom). And the infallibility is not something that can be known from external appearance. And the Imam is not but Mansoos (i.e. established by evidence from textual sources of Quran and Ahadith).

The Imam (as) was asked, "O Son of the Messenger of Allah (saww), "What is meant by 'Infallible'?" 

Imam (as) said, "(It means that) The Imam is attached to the rope of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. And the rope of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is the Quran. These 2 will never separate until the day of Qayamah. And the Imam guides towards the Quran and the Quran guides towards the Imam. And that is the saying of Allah (azw), 'Surely this Quran guides to that which is most upright' (17:9)"

[Source: Ma'ani al-Akhbar - Shaikh Sadooq, Pg. 122]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/tafseer/17

In the chapter al-Takathur, Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى warns the people about getting lost in the worldly affairs and forgetting the hereafter and that the people will come to know of the truth only once they reach their grave. And then suddenly in the last verse, Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى says that the people will be questioned about a blessing that Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى had bestowed upon them.  Below are Ahadith from the Imam's (as) informing us of what that blessing is.

ما ذكره محمد بن العباس (رحمه الله) قال حدثنا علي بن أحمد بن حاتم عن حسن بن عبد الواحد عن القاسم بن ضحاك عن أبي حفص الصائغ عن الإمام جعفر بن محمد(ع)أنه قال‌ ثُمَّ لَتُسْئَلُنَّ يَوْمَئِذٍ عَنِ النَّعِيمِ‌ و الله ما هو الطعام و الشراب و لكن ولايتنا أهل البيت‌

Narrated from Imam Jafar bin Mohammad (as) who said:

Regarding the verse, "Then you will surely be asked that Day about the blessing" (102:8), By Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, the blessing is not food or drinks but it is Our the AhlulBait's (as) Wilayah"

[Source: Taweel al-Aayat, Pg. 810]

اخبرنا احمد بن إدريس عن احمد بن محمد عن سلمة بن عطا عن جميل عن ابي عبدالله (عليه السلام) قال قلت قول الله: لتسئلن يومئذ عن النعيم قال: قال تسئل هذه الامة عما انعم الله عليهم برسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله) ثم بأهل بيته المعصومين (عليهم السلام)

Narrated from Abi Abdillah Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) regarding the verse, "Then you will surely be asked that Day about the blessing" (102:8)

Imam (as) said, "This community (Ummah) will be questioned about the blessing that Allah (set) blessed them with in the form of the Prophet (saww) and His AhlulBait (as).

[Source: Tafeer al-Qummi, Vol. 2, Pg. 440]

حدثنا الحاكم أبو علي الحسين بن أحمد البيهقي قال: حدثنا محمد بن يحيى الصولي قال: حدثنا أبو ذكوان القاسم بن إسماعيل بسيراف سنة خمس وثمانين ومأتين قال: حدثنا إبراهيم بن عباس الصولي الكاتب بالاهواز سنة سبع وعشرين ومأتين قال كنا يوما بين يدي علي بن موسى عليهما السلام فقال لي: ليس في الدنيا نعيم حقيقي فقال له بعض الفقهاء ممن يحضره: فيقول الله عز وجل (ثم لتسألن يومئذ عن النعيم) أما هذا النعيم في الدنيا وهو الماء البارد فقال له الرضا عليه السلام وعلا صوته: كذا فسرتموه أنتم وجعلتموه على ضروب فقالت طائفة: هو الماء البارد وقال غيرهم: هو الطعام الطيب وقال آخرون: هو النوم الطيب قال الرضا عليه السلام: ولقد حدثني أبي عن أبيه أبي عبد الله الصادق عليه السلام أن أقوالكم هذه ذكرت عنده في قول الله تعالى: (ثم لتسئلن يومئذ عن النعيم) فغضب عليه السلام وقال: إن الله عزوجل لا يسأل عباده عما تفضل عليهم به ولا يمن بذلك عليهم والامتنان بالانعام مستقبح من المخلوقين فكيف يضاف إلى الخالق عز وجل ما لا يرضي المخلوق به؟! ولكن النعيم حبنا أهل البيت وموالاتنا يسأل الله عباده عنه بعد التوحيد والنبوة لأن العبد إذا وفا بذلك أداه إلى نعيم الجنة الذي لا يزول ولقد حدثني بذلك أبي عن أبيه عن آبائه عن أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام أنه قال: قال رسول الله (ص): يا على إن أول ما يسأل عنه العبد بعد موته شهادة أن لا إله إلا الله وأن محمدا رسول الله (ص) وإنك ولي المؤمنين بما جعله الله وجعلته لك فمن أقر بذلك وكان يعتقده صار إلى النعيم الذي لا زوال له 

In the year 285 A.H. (897 A.D.), al-Hakim Abu Ali Al-Husayn ibn Ahmad al-Bayhaqi narrated that Muhammad ibn Yahya al-Sowli quoted on the authority of Abu Thakwan Al-Qasim ibn Isma'il in Seiraf on the authority of Ibrahim ibn Abbas al-Sowli al-Katib in (the city of) Ahwaz in the year 227 A.H. (841 A.D.),

"One day we were in the company of Ali ibn Musa Ridha (as) and He told me, "There is no true blessing in this world."

Some of the jurisprudents (Fuqaha) present there said, "Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has said, "Then you will surely be asked that Day about the blessing"(102:8). As for this blessing in the world, its the cold water." 

Then Imam Ridha (as) told them in a loud voice, "That is how you interpret it and bring about several forms of interpretation for it."

Some said, 'It is cold water.' Others said, 'It is delicious food.' Still others said, 'It is good sleep.' 

Imam Ridha (as) said, "I quote on the authority of my father (as), on the authority of his father Abi Abdullah Imam As-Sadiq (as) that what you said about the Sublime God's words, "Then you will surely be asked that Day about the blessing" (102:8), were told to him.

Then Imam As-Sadiq (as) got angry and said, "Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى will neither question His servants about what He has nobly bestowed upon them, nor will He mention it to them. This is not even good for the Allah's creations to do, then How could they ascribe to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى what His creatures will not be pleased with? However, the true blessing is the love for us - the Members of the Holy Household. This is what God will question the people about after questioning them about the Unity of God and the Prophet-hood. If one has been loyal to this he will be rewarded with Heaven which is the Eternal blessing. 

My father had indeed hear this from his father (as) who had heard it from his forefathers (as) all the way back to the Amir al-Momineen (as) who said, "The Prophet (saww) said, "O Ali! Indeed, the first thing that one will be questioned about after death is to testify that, There is no god but God and that, Muhammad (a.s.) is God's Messenger. He will also be questioned about testifying that, You (Ali) are the one with authority over the believers due to the authority which God has established and I have established for you. Whoever believes in these will be sent to the blessing in which there is no end."

[Source: Uyoon al-Akbar al-Redha, Chapter. 35, Hadith. 8]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/tafseer/102

Join the Telegram Channel:

Chapter: 20, Verse: 82:

From Aba Jafar Imam Baqir (as), about the saying of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, "And most surely I am most Forgiving to him who repents and believes and does good, then continues to be guided" (20:82)

Imam (as) said, Don't you see how it has been made conditional? And repentance and belief and good deeds will not benifit him unless he is guided. By Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, if he struggles to do (good) deeds, it will not be accepted from him unless he is guided.

I (the narrator) said, "(guided) towards whom? May I be sacrificed upon You"

Imam (as) said, "Towards Us"

علي بن إبراهيم، قال: حدثنا أحمد بن علي، قال: حدثنا الحسن بن عبد الله، عن السندي بن محمد، عن أبان، عن الحارث بن يحيى، عن أبي جعفر (عليه السلام) ، في قول الله: وَإِنِّي لَغَفَّارٌ لِمَنْ تابَ وَآمَنَ وَعَمِلَ صالِحاً ثُمَّ اهْتَدى‏ . قال: ألا ترى كيف اشترط، ولم تنفعه التوبة ولا الإيمان والعمل الصالح حتى اهتدى. والله، لو جهد أن يعمل بعمل، ما قبل منه حتى يهتدي. قال: قلت: إلى من، جعلني الله فداك؟ قال: إلينا

[Source: Tafseer al-Qummi, Vol. 2, Pg. 61]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/tafseer/20-taha

Join us on Telegram:

This chapter of the Holy Qur'an is named after the Prophet (saww) and tafseer of its verses talk about the successor of the Prophet, Imam Ali (as).

ابن شهرآشوب: عن جعفر، وأبي جعفر (عليهما السلام) ، في قوله تعالى: الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا : يعني بني أمية وَصَدُّوا عَنْ سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ‏ عن ولاية علي بن أبي طالب (عليه السلام)

From Aba Jafar Imam Mohammad Baqir (asws),

About the saying of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, "Those who disbelieved (47:1), meaning Bani Umayyah, and turned people away from the path of Allah (47:1) i.e. from the Wilayah of Ali ibn Abi Talib (asws).

[Source: al-Manaqib, Vol. 3, Pg. 72]

علي بن إبراهيم، قال: أخبرنا الحسين بن محمد، عن المعلى بن محمد بإسناده، عن إسحاق بن عمار، قال: قال أبو عبد الله (عليه السلام): « وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحاتِ وَآمَنُوا بِما نُزِّلَ عَلى‏ مُحَمَّدٍ في علي‏ وَهُوَ الْحَقُّ مِنْ رَبِّهِمْ كَفَّرَ عَنْهُمْ سَيِّئاتِهِمْ وَأَصْلَحَ بالَهُمْ‏ ، هكذا نزلت

From Aba Abdillah Imam Sadiq (asws):

(About the verse), "And (as for) those who believe and do good, and believe in what has been revealed to Muhammad (saww) "regarding Imam Ali (as)", and it is the very truth from their Lord, He will remove their evil from them and improve their condition. (47:2)" This is how the verse was revealed.

[Source: Tafseer al-Qummi, Vol. 2, Pg. 301]

ثم قال علي بن إبراهيم: حدثنا جعفر بن أحمد، قال: حدثنا عبد الكريم بن عبد الرحيم، عن محمد بن علي، عن محمد بن الفضيل، عن أبي حمزة، عن أبي جعفر (عليه السلام)، قال: «نزل جبرئيل (عليه السلام) على رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله) بهذه الآية هكذا: ذلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ كَرِهُوا ما أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ‏ في علي‏ فَأَحْبَطَ الله‏ أَعْمالَهُمْ‏

From Aba Jafar Imam Sadiq (asws) who said:

Jibraeel descended upon the Prophet (saww) with this like verse like this, "That is because they hated what Allah revealed "Regarding Ali (as)", so Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى rendered their deeds null."

[Source: Tafseer al-Qummi, Vol. 2, Pg. 302]

Join us on Telegram:

Raised with a lizard as the Imam ???

Narrated from Asbagh bin Nabatha who said;

Imam Ali (as) ordered us to emigrate from Kufa to Madaen, so we left Kufa on Sunday. Amro ibn Harith and seven others stayed behind & went to a place called Khoranq which is in Heerah.

They said, "We will amuse ourselves here and move on Wednesday and join Amir al-Momineen Ali (as) before he says the Friday prayers. While they were eating lunch, they saw a lizard. They hunted the lizard and Amro ibn Harith took it by hand, opened his palm and jokingly said, "This is the Amir al-Momineen! Pledge allegiance (Bayyah) to him. Those seven individuals pledged allegiance (Bayyah) to the lizard and Amro ibn Harith himself was the eighth person who pledged allegiance (Bayyah) to the lizard."

They departed on Wednesday night and arrived at Madaen on Friday while Amir al-Momineen (as) was giving the Friday prayer sermon. They did not disperse and were all together until they reached the door of the Mosque. When they came into the mosque, Ali (as) looked at them and said, “O people! Allah's Prophet (saww) disclosed one-thousand narrations to me each of which has one-thousand gates each of which has one-thousand keys. I heard Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى say, "The day We shall call together all human beings with their (respective) Imams." (17:71) I swear by God that there will be eight people who shall be called with their leader which will be a lizard. I could name them one by one for you if I wish."

Asbaq added, "I saw that Amr ibn Harith had become so sorry and ashamed that he held his head down just like a date palm branch."

حدثنا جعفر بن محمد بن مسرور رضي الله عنه قال: حدثنا الحسين بن محمد بن عامر، عن معلى بن محمد البصري، عن بسطام بن مرة، عن إسحاق بن حسان، عن الهيثم بن واقد، عن علي بن الحسن العبدي، عن سعد بن طريف، عن الاصبغ بن نباتة قال: أمرنا أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام بالمسير إلى المدائن من الكوفة فسرنا يوم الاحد وتخلف عمرو بن حريث في سبعة نفر فخرجوا إلى مكان بالحيرة يسمى الخورنق فقالوا: نتنزه فاذا كان يوم الاربعاء خرجنا فلحقنا عليا عليه السلام قبل أن يجمع، فبينما هم يتغذون إذ خرج عليهم ضب فصادوه فأخذه عمرو بن حريث فنصب كفه وقال: بايعوا هذا أمير المؤمنين فبايعه السبعة وعمرو ثامنهم، وارتحلوا ليلة الاربعاء فقدموا المدائن يوم الجمعة وأمير المؤمنين عليه السلام يخطب ولم يفارق بعضهم بعضا وكانوا جميعا حتى نزلوا على باب المسجد فلما دخلوا نظر إليهم أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام فقال: يا أيها الناس إن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله أسر إلي ألف حديث في كل حديث ألف باب لكل باب ألف مفتاح، وإني سمعت الله جل جلاله يقول: "يوم ندعو كل اناس بامامهم" وإني اقسم لكم بالله ليبعثن يوم القيامة ثمانية نفر يدعون بامامهم وهو ضب ولو شئت أن اسميهم لفعلت، قال: فلقد رأيت عمرو بن حريث قد سقط كما تسقط السعفة حياء ولوما

[Source: al-Khisaal, Shaikh Sadooq, Pg. 644]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/tafseer/17

Join us on Telegram:

Chapter: 37, Verse: 24 - Questioning about Wilayat of Imam Ali (as)

Imam Hasan Askari (asws) says;

A voice will come: Take them to Paradise [due to their testifying that Mohammad (saww) is the Prophet of Allah], but another voice will come from Allah: "And stop them, for they shall be questioned" (37:24)

The angels will ask: O Lord! Why are they stopped? Another revelation will come from Allah: "And stop them, for they shall be questioned about the Wilayat of Ali Ibne Abi Talib (as)." That is, they will be asked about the Wilayat of Ali Ibne Abi Talib and the Wilayat of Aale Muhammad.

O My servants and maidservants, I ordered to give one more testimony with the testimony for Muhammad (saww), if they fulfill it, they will get more rewards and increase in good deeds.

If they don’t fulfill it, they will not gain anything for giving witness to the prophethood of Muhammad (saww) and My Lordship. One who brings this testimony will be successful and one who does not bring it, will be destroyed.

ثم ينادى من آخر رصات القيامة: ألا فسوقوهم إلى الجنة [لشهادتهم لمحمد صلى الله عليه وآله بالنبوة] فإذا النداء من قبل الله تعالى: [لا، بل] (وقفوهم إنهم مسؤولون) يقول الملائكة الذين قالوا " سوقوهم إلى الجنة لشهادتهم لمحمد صلى الله عليه وآله بالنبوة ":

لماذا يوقفون يا ربنا؟ فإذا النداء من قبل الله تعالى: [قفوهم] إنهم مسؤولون عن ولاية علي بن أبي طالب وآل محمد، يا عبادي وإمائي إني أمرتهم مع الشهادة بمحمد بشهادة أخرى، فان جاءوا بها فعظموا ثوابهم، وأكرموا مآبهم وإن لم يأتوا بها لم تنفعهم الشهادة لمحمد صلى الله عليه وآله بالنبوة ولا لي بالربوبية، فمن جاء بها فهو من الفائزين، ومن لم يأت بها فهو من الهالكين

[Tafseer al-Askari, Pg 405. under verse 2: 91]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/tafseer/37

Join us:

Chapter. 22, Verse. 15: Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى helps the Prophet (saww) through Imam Ali (asws) & what should those who who have problem with this do:

محمد بن العباس، قال: حدثنا محمد بن همام، عن محمد بن إسماعيل العلوي، عن عيسى بن داود النجار، قال: قال الإمام موسى بن جعفر (عليه السلام): «حدثني أبي، عن أبيه- أبي جعفر- (صلوات الله عليهم أجمعين): «أن النبي (صلى الله عليه وآله) قال ذات يوم: إن ربي وعدني نصرته، وأن يمدني بملائكته، وأنه ناصري بهم وبعلي أخي خاصة من بين أهلي؛ فاشتد ذلك على القوم أن خص عليا بالنصرة، وأغاظهم ذلك، فأنزل الله عز وجل: مَنْ كانَ يَظُنُّ أَنْ لَنْ يَنْصُرَهُ اللَّهُ فِي الدُّنْيا وَالْآخِرَةِ فَلْيَمْدُدْ بِسَبَبٍ إِلَى السَّماءِ ثُمَّ لْيَقْطَعْ فَلْيَنْظُرْ هَلْ يُذْهِبَنَّ كَيْدُهُ ما يَغِيظُ - قال- ليضع حبلا فى عنقه إلى سماء بيته يمده حتى يختنق فيموت فينظر هل يذهبن كيده غيظه»

Narrated by Imam Musa Kazim (asws) from his father from Aba Jafar Imam Mohammad Baqir (asws):

The Prophet (saww) one day said, "Indeed My Lord has promised Me His help and that He will help me by His angels. And Indeed Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has helped Me through His angels and from among my family specifically through Ali (sws) My brother."

This was unbearable for the people that the Prophet (saww) singled out Imam Ali (asws) as His Helper, and this made them angry. 

Then Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى reveled the verses, "Whoever thinks that Allah will not assist him (the Prophet) in this life and the hereafter, let him stretch a rope to the ceiling, then let him cut (it) off, then let him see if his struggle will take away that at which he is enraged." (22:15)

The Imam (asws) said, "He should place the rope around his neck and stretch it to the ceiling of his house until he is strangled/choked and dies. And then he should see if his struggle takes away his anger"

[Source: Tawil al-Ayaat, Pg. 329]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/tafseer/22

Join us on Telegram:

Chapter 78, Verse 38 - Those given permission to speak on the day of Qayamah (Judgement)

محمد بن يعقوب: عن علي بن محمد، عن بعض أصحابنا، عن ابن محبوب، عن محمد بن الفضيل، عن أبي الحسن الماضي (عليه السلام)، قال:

قلت: يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الرُّوحُ وَالْمَلائِكَةُ صَفًّا ، الآية؟ قال: نحن والله المأذون لهم يوم القيامة، والقائلون صوابا

قلت: ما تقولون إذا تكلمتم؟ قال:نحمد ربنا، ونصلي على نبينا، ونشفع لشيعتنا فلا يردنا ربنا

Narrated from Imam Moosa Kazim (as):

I (the narrator) read the words of Allah, "On that day, the Spirit and the angels who stand in lines will not speak except the one whom Allah permits and He will speak the truth" (78:38)

The Imam (عليه السلام) said, "We, by Allah, on the Day of judgment will have the permission to speak and we are those who speak the truth."

I asked him, "What will you say when you will speak?" The Imam (عليه السلام) said, "We will praise our Lord, send blessings upon our Holy Prophet (saww) and intercede for our Shia . Our Lord will not reject our request."

[Source: al-Kafi, Vol. 1, Pg. 361]

عنه: عن أحمد بن هوذة، عن إبراهيم بن إسحاق، عن عبد الله بن حماد، عن أبي خالد القماط، عن أبي عبد الله، عن أبيه (عليهما السلام)، قال: إذا كان يوم القيامة، وجمع الله الخلائق من الأولين والآخرين في صعيد واحد، خلع قول لا إله إلا الله من جميع الخلائق إلا من أقر بولاية علي بن أبي طالب (عليه السلام)، وهو قوله تعالى:

يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الرُّوحُ وَالْمَلائِكَةُ صَفًّا لا يَتَكَلَّمُونَ إِلَّا مَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ الرَّحْمنُ وَقالَ صَواباً

Narrated from Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) from His Father (عليه السلام) who said,

"On the day of Qayamah (Judgement), when Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will gather the creations from the first to the last in single place, the saying of 'There is no God but Allah' will be taken away from all of the creations except those who acknowledge the Wilayah of Ali ibn Abi Talib (عليه السلام) and regarding that is the saying of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), "On that day, the Spirit and the angels who stand in lines will not speak except the one whom Allah permits and He will speak the truth" (78:38)

[Source: Taweel al-Aayat, Vol. 2, Pg. 761]

Join on Telegram:

This is the nonsense that will Inshallah lead more people to leave madhaab and sects and read what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) actually says:

قُل لَّا أَقُولُ لَكُمْ عِندِي خَزَائِنُ اللَّهِ وَلَا أَعْلَمُ الْغَيْبَ وَلَا أَقُولُ لَكُمْ إِنِّي مَلَكٌ ۖ إِنْ أَتَّبِعُ إِلَّا مَا يُوحَىٰ إِلَيَّ ۚ قُلْ هَلْ يَسْتَوِي الْأَعْمَىٰ وَالْبَصِيرُ ۚأَفَلَا تَتَفَكَّرُونَ  

Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 50:

Say [O Prophet]: "I do not say unto you, 'God's treasures are with me,'; nor [do I say], 'I know the things that are beyond the reach of human perception'; nor do I say unto you, 'Behold, I am an angel': I but follow what is revealed to me." Say: "Can the blind and the seeing be deemed equal? Will you not, then, take thought?"

وَعِندَهُ مَفَاتِحُ الْغَيْبِ لَا يَعْلَمُهَا إِلَّا هُوَ ۚوَيَعْلَمُ مَا فِي الْبَرِّ وَالْبَحْرِ ۚوَمَا تَسْقُطُ مِن وَرَقَةٍ إِلَّا يَعْلَمُهَا وَلَا حَبَّةٍ فِي ظُلُمَاتِ الْأَرْضِ وَلَا رَطْبٍ وَلَا يَابِسٍ إِلَّا فِي كِتَابٍ مُّبِينٍ

Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 59:

For, with Him are the keys to the things that are beyond the reach of a created being's perception: none knows them but He. And He knows all that is on land and in the sea; and not a leaf falls but He knows it; and neither is there a grain in the Earth's deep darkness, nor anything: living or dead, but is recorded in [His] clear decree.

Surah Al-Ahqaf, Verse 9:
قُلْ مَا كُنتُ بِدْعًا مِّنَ الرُّسُلِ وَمَا أَدْرِي مَا يُفْعَلُ بِي وَلَا بِكُمْ إِنْ أَتَّبِعُ إِلَّا مَا يُوحَىٰ إِلَيَّ وَمَا أَنَا إِلَّا نَذِيرٌ مُّبِينٌ

Say: “I am not the first of [God’s] apostles; and [like all of them,] I do not know what will be done with me or with you: for I am nothing but a plain warner.”

I have more if anyone is interested.

Do not follow the fabrications of men but follow Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) . 

Edited by Fink

3 hours ago, Fink said:

قُلْ هَلْ يَسْتَوِي الْأَعْمَىٰ وَالْبَصِيرُ

وَضَرَبَ اللَّهُ مَثَلًا رَجُلَيْنِ أَحَدُهُمَا أَبْكَمُ لَا يَقْدِرُ عَلَىٰ شَيْءٍ وَهُوَ كَلٌّ عَلَىٰ مَوْلَاهُ أَيْنَمَا يُوَجِّهْهُ لَا يَأْتِ بِخَيْرٍ ۖ هَلْ يَسْتَوِي هُوَ وَمَنْ يَأْمُرُ بِالْعَدْلِ ۙ وَهُوَ عَلَىٰ صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ {76}

[Shakir 16:76] And Allah sets forth a parable of two men; one of them is dumb, not able to do anything, and he is a burden to his master; wherever he sends him, he brings no good; can he be held equal with him who enjoins what is just, and he (himself) is on the right path?

أَمَّنْ هُوَ قَانِتٌ آنَاءَ اللَّيْلِ سَاجِدًا وَقَائِمًا يَحْذَرُ الْآخِرَةَ وَيَرْجُو رَحْمَةَ رَبِّهِ ۗ قُلْ هَلْ يَسْتَوِي الَّذِينَ يَعْلَمُونَ وَالَّذِينَ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ ۗ إِنَّمَا يَتَذَكَّرُ أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ {9}

[Shakir 39:9] What! he who is obedient during hours of the night, prostrating himself and standing, takes care of the hereafter and hopes for the mercy of his Lord! Say: Are those who know and those who do not know alike? Only the men of understanding are mindful.

3 hours ago, Fink said:

إِلَّا فِي كِتَابٍ مُّبِينٍ

إِنَّا نَحْنُ نُحْيِي الْمَوْتَىٰ وَنَكْتُبُ مَا قَدَّمُوا وَآثَارَهُمْ ۚ وَكُلَّ شَيْءٍ أَحْصَيْنَاهُ فِي إِمَامٍ مُبِينٍ 

[Shakir 36:12] Surely We give life to the dead, and We write down what they have sent before and their footprints, and We have recorded everything in a clear writing.

فِي كِتَابٍ مَكْنُونٍ {78}

[Shakir 56:78] In a book that is protected

لَا يَمَسُّهُ إِلَّا الْمُطَهَّرُونَ {79}

[Shakir 56:79] None shall touch it save the purified ones.

3 hours ago, Fink said:

Do not follow the fabrications of men but follow Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) . 

رَبَّنَا آمَنَّا بِمَا أَنْزَلْتَ وَاتَّبَعْنَا الرَّسُولَ فَاكْتُبْنَا مَعَ الشَّاهِدِينَ {53}

[Shakir 3:53] Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed and we follow the messenger, so write us down with those who bear witness.

لَقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِمَنْ كَانَ يَرْجُو اللَّهَ وَالْيَوْمَ الْآخِرَ وَذَكَرَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا {21}

[Shakir 33:21] Certainly you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much.

4 hours ago, Fink said:

This is the nonsense that will Inshallah lead more people to leave madhaab and sects and read what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) actually says:

To further agitate you, here is the status of Imam Ali (asws): 

First equal rank – In creation

Allamah Mohibudeen Tabari in Riyadh al Nadira, in Volume 3 page 108, narrates this tradition on the authority of Salman al Farsi:

“The Prophet (s) said ‘Me and ‘Ali were created from one Nur, fourteen thousand years before the creation of Adam. When Adam was created our Nur was split in to two, one part went in me, the other part went in ‘Ali” 
Riyadh al Nadira, in Volume 3 page 108

Second equal rank – In purity

Renowned Sunni scholar known for harboring anti-Shia sentiments Shaikh ul Islam Dr. Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri in his book ‘Maraja al-Bahrayn fi Manaqib al-Hasnayn’ page 48, records this tradition:

“Umme Salma (رضي الله عنه) narrates that she heard the Prophet (s) say ‘It is never halaal for a person in a state of Janaba or menstruation to enter this Mosque, apart from the Prophet of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), ‘Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain. With the exception of them no one else is permitted to enter the Mosque of the Prophet (s). Go forth! I have told you the names to ensure that you are not lead astray”.

[Sunan Bayhaqi Volume 7 page 65 Hadith number 13178-13179, Kanz al Ummal Volume 14 page 101 Hadith number 34183, Tareekh Ibn Asakir Volume 14 page 166, Fadail min al Seerah Volume 1 page 283 [by Ibn Katheer], Khasais al Kubra Volume 2 page 424]
Maraja Al-Bahrayn fi Manaqib al-Hasnayn, Page 48

Third equal rank – In lineage

Dr. Tahir ul Qadri al Hanafi in Kanzul Muttalib fee manaqib ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib page 158 records this narration:

“Hadhrat Jabir bin Abdullah narrates that he heard the Prophet (s) say ‘Listen people have different roots, whilst be and ‘Ali are from the same root”
[1] Muajim al Awsat Vol 3 page 263 Hadith 1601 [2] Majmal Zawaid, Vol 9 page 1000 [3] Al-Firdos by Dailami, Vol 4 page 303 Hadith 6888. 
Kanz’ul Muttalib fee manaqib Ali ibn Abi Talib, page 158

Fourth equal rank – In discharging obligations

Dr. Tahir ul Qadri al-Hanafi in Kanz’ul Muttalib fee manaqib ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib page 73 records this narration:

‘Ali is from me and I am from him and no one can discharge my duties save him’

[Sunan Tirmidhi Volume 5 page 636, Sunan Ibn Majah Volume 1 page 33]
Kanz’ul Muttalib fee manaqib ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib page 73

You will also be able to locate this tradition in the following esteemed Sunni works:

Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal Volume 3 page 483

Kanz al Ummal Volume 6 page 153

Sawaiqh al Muhriqa Chapter 9, part 2 page 73

Mustadrak al Hakim Volume 3 page 120

Fifth equal rank – In love and hatred

We read in al Mustadrak al Hakim Volume 3 page 130:

Whoever loves ‘Ali, love me, Whoever hates ‘Ali, hates me.

Imam Hakim said:

“This hadith is Sahih according to the conditions of two sheikhs”

Mustadrak al Hakim, Vol 3 Kitab Ma`arfat alSahabah, No. 4623

Kanz ul Ummal, Volume 10 Hadith. 32902

Al-Jama’a Al-Saghir by Al-Syuti, Volume 6 No. 8319

Whoever loves ‘Ali, love me and whoever loves me, loves Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Whoever hates ‘Ali, hates me and whoever hates me, hates Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

M`uajam al Kabir al Tabarani, Baab Ba`a, No. 18534

Muajam al Awsat al Tabarani, Baab al-Aein, No. 4907

Al-Iste’ab fi Tameiz Al-Asahab, Baab Ali

Musnad al Bazar, No. 3296

Musnad Ahmed bin Hanbal,Fadail Ali bin Abi Talib No. 1057

Ibn Kathir recorded:

“You are master in this world and hereafter, Whoever loves you (Ali), love me and my lover is Allah’s (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) lover, your enemy is my enemy and my enemy is Allah’s enemy, woe to who will hate you after I pass away”
Al Bidayah Wal Nihayah, Volume 7 page 392

Sixth equal rank – In obedience

“Whoever obeys ‘Ali, obeys me, whoever obeys me, obeys Allah, whoever disobeys ‘Ali disobeys me, whoever disobeys me, disobeys Allah”
[Kanz ul Ummal, Hadith numbers 32973]

Kanz ul Ummal, Page 614, Hadith numbers 32974 & 32977

Mustadrak al Hakim, Vol. 3, Page 128

Riyadh ul Nadira, Vol. 3, Page 110

Seventh equal rank- In authority

Dr. Tahir ul Qadri in the Ghadir Declaration wherein he recorded 51 Hadith in relation to the event of Ghadir, records this as the fifth narration:

“It is narrated by BarA’ bin ‘Azib (r): We were on a journey with Allah’s Messenger (s). (On the way) we stayed at Ghadir Khum. There it was announced that the prayer was about to be offered. The space under two trees was cleaned for Allah’s Messenger (s). Then he offered the zuhr (noon) prayer, and, holding ‘Ali’s hand, he said: Don’t you know that I am even nearer than the lives of the believers? They said: Why not! He said: Don’t you know that I am even nearer than the life of every believer? They said: Why not! The narrator says that he said while holding ‘Ali’s hand: One who has me as his master has ‘Ali as his master. O Allah! Befriend the one who befriends him (‘Ali) and be the enemy of one who is his enemy. The narrator says that after this ‘Umar (bin al-KhattAb (r)) met ‘Ali (r) and said to him: O Ibn Abi TAlib! Congratulations, you have become the master of every male and female believer, morning and evening (for ever).”

[Ahmad bin Hambal related it from BarA’ bin ‘Azib through two different chains of transmission in al-Musnad (4:281); Ibn Abi Shaybah, al-Musannaf (12:78 # 12167); Muhib Tabari, DhakhA’ir-ul-‘uqbA fi manAqib dhawi al-qurbA (p.125), ar-RiyAd-un-nadrah fi manAqib-il-‘ashrah (3:126, 127); Hindi, Kanz-ul-‘ummAl (13:133, 134 # 36420); Ibn ‘AsAkir, TArikh Dimashq al-kabir (5:167, 168); Ibn Athir, Asad-ul-ghAbah (4:103); and Ibn Kathir in al-BidAyah wan-nihAyah (4:169; 5:464)].
The Ghadir Declaration, page 25

This Hadith proves that Rasulullah (s) and Maula Ali (عليه السلام) are equal in relation to authority.

Eighth equal rank – In abandonment

“Whoever leaves Ali, leaves me, whoever leaves me, leaves Allah” [Kanz ul Ummal, hadith numbers 32974 - 32976, narrated by Abdullah ibne`Umar {through two chains} and Abu Dharr Ghaffari (رضي الله عنه).
al Mustadrak al Hakim, Vol. 3, Page 146

Ninth equal rank – In causing pain

Dr. Tahir ul Qadri al Hanafi in Kanz’ul Muttalib fee manaqib ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib page 102-103 records a lengthy narration, that includes these words of the Prophet (s):

“…Whoever causes pain to ‘Ali, causes pain to me”

[1] Musnad Ibn Hanbal, Volume page 383, [2] Mustadrak al Hakim, Volume 3 page 131 [3] Majmal Zawaid, Vol 9 page 129 [4] Fadail Sahabah by Ahmed bin Habal, Vol 2 page 579 No. 981 [5] Tarikh al Kabeer by Bukhari, page vol 6
Kanz’ul Muttalib fee manaqib ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib page 102-103

Tenth equal rank – In being abused

Then Dr.. Tahir ul Qadri al Hanafi in Kanz’ul Muttalib fee manaqib Ali ibn Abi Talib page 103 records a narration from Umme Salmah that includes these words of the Prophet (s):

“Whoever curses Ali, curses me”

[1] Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal Volume 6 page 323, [2] al Mustadrak al Hakim Volume 3 page 130, [3] Sunan Nasai Volume 5 page 133, [4] Majma al Zawaid Volume 9 page 130

Eleventh Equal rank – Jealousy of them

“Whoever is jealous of ‘Ali, is jealous of me, whoever is jealous of me is a Kaafir”
Kanz al Ummal Volume 11, page 626

Twelfth equal rank – Aggression against them

“Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said regarding ‘Ali, Fatima, Hasan and Hussain (Allah be pleased with them all): I am at peace with those with whom you make peace and I am at war with those with whom you make war”

Sunan Ibn Majah, English translation by Muhammad Tufail Ansari, Volume 1 page 81

Fada’il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p767, Tradition #1350

al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, Vol.3, P149

Thirteenth qual rank – In dispensing justice

We will evidence this from the following Sunni books:

Tareekh Baghdadi Volume 5 page 37 Dhikr Ahmad ibn Ahmad bin Abu Bakr al Tamadh

Manaqib by Ibne Maghazli al Shaafi page 98,

Kanz al Ummal Volume 11 page 604

Riyadh al Nadira Volume page 154

All four books then have the testimony of Abu Bakr:

“Verily Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and his Prophet (s) spoke the truth, I heard Rasulullah (s) say on the night of Hijrah as we left Makka ‘My hand and Ali’s hand are EQUAL in dispensing justice’.”

And in last, I just quote the words of Prophet (s) from hadith-e-kisa: "Innahum minni wa ana minhum"  (they are from me and I am from them)

Chapter: 7, Verse: 28 - Does Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) command to commit indecent acts?

Narrated from Muhammad ibn Mansur who has said the following:

"I asked the Imam (عليه السلام), about the words of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), "When they commit indecent acts they say, 'We found our fathers doing this and Allah has commanded us to do the same. Tell them that Allah does not command anyone to commit indecency. Do you speak for Allah, saying things of which you have no knowledge?" (7:28)

The Imam (عليه السلام) asked, "Have you come across anyone who thinks that Allah has commanded him to commit adultery, drink wine or other such unlawful things?"

I (narrator) said, "No."

The Imam (عليه السلام) then asked, "What is this indecent act that they claim Allah has commanded them to do."

I said, "Allah knows best and His deputy."

The Imam (عليه السلام) said, "This is regarding the unjust Imams (leaders without Divine Authority). They claim that Allah has commanded them to take these (unjust Imams) as the Imams while Allah has not given any command to anyone to follow such Imam. Allah, thus, has refuted them and has informed (others) that they have spoken lies against Him and that act is called an indecent one."

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد، عن الحسين بن سعيد عن أبي وهب عن محمد بن منصور قال: سألته عن قول الله عز وجل: " وإذا فعلوا فاحشة قالوا وجدنا عليها آبائنا والله أمرنا بها قل إن الله لا يأمر بالفحشاء أتقولون على الله ما لا تعلمون " قال فقال: هل رأيت أحدا زعم أن الله أمر بالزنا وشرب الخمر أو شئ من هذه المحارم؟ فقلت: لا، فقال: ما هذه الفاحشة التي يدعون أن الله أمرهم بها قلت: الله أعلم ووليه، قال: فإن هذا في أئمة الجور، ادعوا أن الله أمرهم بالائتمام بقوم لم يأمرهم الله بالائتمام بهم، فرد الله ذلك عليهم فأخبر أنهم قد قالوا عليه الكذب وسمى ذلك منهم فاحشة

[Source: al-Kafi, Vol. 1, Kitab al-Hujjah, Ch. 85, H.9 & Basair al-Darajaat, Pg. 24, H.4]

Join us:

Example of Tafseer based on ones opinion.

Chapter: 34, Verse: 18:

عدة من أصحابنا ، عن أحمد بن محمد بن خالد ، عن أبيه ، عن محمد بن سنان عن زيد الشحام قال : دخل قتادة بن دعامة على أبي جعفر ( عليه السلام ) فقال : يا قتادة أنت فقيه أهل البصرة ؟ قال : هكذا يزعمون فقال أبو جعفر ( عليه السلام ) : بلغني أنك تفسر القرآن ؟
فقال له قتادة : نعم ، فقال له أبو جعفر ( عليه السلام ) بعلم تفسره أم بجهل ؟ قال : لا بعلم ، فقال له أبو جعفر ( عليه السلام ) : فإن كنت تفسره بعلم فأنت أنت وأنا أسألك ؟ قال قتادة : سل قال : أخبرني عن قول الله عز وجل في سبأ : " وقدرنا فيها السير سيروا فيها ليالي وأياما آمنين" فقال قتادة : ذلك من خرج من بيته بزاد حلال وراحلة وكراء حلال يريد هذا البيت كان آمنا حتى يرجع إلى أهله ، فقال أبو جعفر ( عليه السلام ) : نشدتك الله يا قتادة هل تعلم أنه قد يخرج الرجل من بيته بزاد حلال وراحلة وكراء حلال يريد هذا البيت فيقطع عليه الطريق فتذهب نفقته ويضرب مع ذلك ضربة فيها اجتياحه ؟ قال قتادة : اللهم نعم ، فقال أبو جعفر ( عليه السلام ) : ويحك يا قتادة إن كنت إنما فسرت القرآن من تلقاء نفسك فقد هلكت وأهلكت وإن كنت قد أخذته من الرجال فقد هلكت وأهلكت ، ويحك يا قتادة ذلك من خرج من بيته بزاد وراحلة وكراء حلال يروم هذا البيت عارفا بحقنا يهوانا قلبه كما قال الله عز وجل : " واجعل أفئدة من الناس تهوي إليهم" ولم يعن البيت فيقول : إليه ، فنحن والله دعوة إبراهيم ( عليه السلام ) التي من هوانا قلبه قبلت حجته وإلا فلا ، يا قتادة فإذا كان كذلك كان آمنا من عذاب جهنم يوم القيامة ، قال قتادة : لا جرم والله لا فسرتها إلا هكذا ، فقال أبو جعفر ( عليه السلام ) : ويحك يا قتادة إنما يعرف القرآن من خوطب به

A number of our companions, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad Bin Khalid, from his father, from Muhammad Bin Sinan, from Zayd Al-Shahaam who said:

Qatada Bin Da'ama came up to Abu Jafar Imam Mohammed Baqir (عليه السلام), so the Imam (عليه السلام) said, "O Qatada! Are you a Faqih (Jurist) of the people of Basra?"

He said, "That is what they are alleging".

Imam (عليه السلام) said, "It has reached Me that you are explaining the Qur'an".

Qatada said, "Yes".

So Imam (عليه السلام) said to him, "You are explaining it by knowledge or by ignorance?"

He said, "No, by knowledge".

So Imam (عليه السلام) said to him, "So if you are explaining by knowledge, so ‘you are’ ‘who you are’ and I would like to ask you’.

Qatada said, "Ask".

Imam (عليه السلام) said, "Inform Me about the saying of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), "And We apportioned the journey therein: Travel through them nights and days, secure" (34:18).

Qatada said, "That is for the one who goes out from his house with lawful provisions, and camel rented lawfully intending this House (Kabah). He would be safe until he returns back to his family".

So Imam Baqir (عليه السلام) said, "I hold you to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), O Qatada! Do you know that if the man comes out from his house with lawful provisions, and a camel rented lawfully, intending this House, he could get cut off (by bandits) on the road, and his provisions would be lost and he could be injured due to that?"

Qatada said, "O Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), Yes!"

So Imam Baqir (عليه السلام) said, "Woe be unto you! If you are explaining the Qur'an from your own free will, so you are destroyed and causing others to be destroyed. And if you have taken it from the men (others), you have been destroyed and so have they.

Woe be unto you! (But) that (verse) is for the one who comes out from his house with provisions, and lawful means of transportation aspiring for this House while having recognized Our rights, & his heart inclined towards Us, just as Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has said, "Therefore make the hearts of some people inclined towards them" (14:37) and it does not mean the House (Kabah), for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is saying ‘towards them’.  So We are, by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), the supplication of Ibraheem (عليه السلام) (in this verse) towards whom whose heart is inclined, his Pilgrimage would be accepted, otherwise it will not be, O Qatada! So if it is like that, he would be safe from the Punishment of Hell on the Day of Judgement."

Qatada said, "No offence. By Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), I will not explain it except like this".

So Imam Baqir (عليه السلام) said, "Woe be unto you, O Qatada! But rather, those understand the Qur'an who have been addressed by it".

[Source: Al-Kafi, Vol. 8, Pg. 310]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/tafseer/34-saba